Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Atypical obsessive.
 User Gallery

Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive)
    #26908994 - 08/31/20 01:04 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

It is impossible to smoke weed all day and remain present...
When you arent fully present you arent living to your full potential.

A big part of any addiction is procrastination.

Thinking about it though, it almost seems like cannabis is distinctly bad with that.

From a scientific perspective, it stimulates your cannabinoid receptors which are naturally there to tell your body, and mind, you are hungry or tired.

When you are always hungry or tired, it makes that sense procrastination is all the more powerful.

"Ill do it tomorrow"

Ha, we all know I wont.

I feel like at this day and age, everyone has known some stereotypical burnout dipshit that gives all smokers a bad name.

Which brings me to my next point.

Anyone who has experienced being around people like that instantly knows how to spot it.

Co workers, your boss, acquaintances, even if you smoke up before going to bed the night prior, it is still obvious in your eyes.

Nobody takes a pothead seriously.

Why would you? They are known in pop culture and urban legends for being stupid and careless.

"YOU STILL SMOKE WEED? WHAT ARE YOU IN MIDDLE SCHOOL?"

Either way, it has a time and a place.
Just not when you are trying to be present or quick.

--------------------
"Nothing is more dangerous to your creativity than comfort and familiarity"

"Nihilism is the most basic truth in existence,
the only consistency throughout the world, and the universe is
chaos and decay"
"Logic leads to nihilism"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive) [Re: Buckomcdoogle]
    #26909005 - 08/31/20 01:47 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Ill get back to you tomorrow.:elmo:

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

InvisibleHartford
Lawful Good
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive) [Re: pineninja]
    #26909033 - 08/31/20 03:15 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I've never met a virtuous marijuana smoker.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive) [Re: Hartford] * 1
    #26912809 - 09/01/20 09:05 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Agreed.

Having gone clean for a while, it has become more apparent.

Weed smokers are the perfect little worker drones. You go to work, you come home, you set up on your couch, you flip on the TV, you flick the bic (or the propane torch, in my previous case) and suddenly it's time for work again.

That (and the money aspect) is why I think pot legalization has kicked into high gear, lately. Used to be that people that partook of the devil's lettuce were bad for society because we needed more work done, and then we needed a way to break up leftist conglomerates that were sick of the neo-liberal war agenda.

Now, most people in power have realized that the pot smoker is the perfect little worker drone.

And of course they don't take WorkerBot seriously. They just need to sell them a big more corporate ganja.

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Atypical obsessive.
 User Gallery

Re: Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive) [Re: Kryptos]
    #26912975 - 09/01/20 11:24 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Well put.

--------------------

chaos and decay"

OfflineNikon Addict
Another Earthling
Male

Loc: Colorado USA
    #26938697 - 09/16/20 09:48 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Some of the most productive and successful people I know smoke weed... I don't smoke that often really, I don't like the paranoia it can bring on at times... When I do smoke though, it's always with those friends I told you about... They keep me from tail spinning... What's strange is weed is the only drug that does this to me...

--------------------
personal note: "It’s fair to say I’m stepping out on a limb, but I am on the edge and that’s where it happens.”

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Atypical obsessive.
 User Gallery

Re: Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive) [Re: Nikon Addict]
    #26939896 - 09/16/20 10:43 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Theres a big difference between smoking some bud/oils responsibly and being stoned all the time.

I would define a "pothead" as someone who is pretty much always buzzed.

--------------------

chaos and decay"

Edited by Buckomcdoogle (09/16/20 10:44 PM)

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#26939903 - 09/16/20 10:55 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I'm a major pothead. I blame the weed tho, not me, and also being brought up into a shitty situation around shitty people. Or was it me that was shitty? Idk. Probably. But will I stop smoking even after it has wrecked my life financially and mentally also somewhat physically?  No because im addicted. :lol::shrug:

--------------------

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Atypical obsessive.
 User Gallery

Re: Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive) [Re: Ovoidhunter]
    #26939915 - 09/16/20 11:12 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

That concentrate in your sig looks fire af :onfire:

--------------------

chaos and decay"

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive) [Re: Ovoidhunter] * 1
    #26940478 - 09/17/20 10:38 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ovoidhunter said:
I'm a major pothead. I blame the weed tho, not me

I was a major pothead, up until 18 years ago.

I challenge you to put a nug on the table and watch it turn itself into a joint, light itself and force itself inside of you.

It won't.

It takes a lot of deliberate actions, of saying YES to your addiction, to maintain it.

Of course, weed has an addictive pattern in many users, but no weed ever smoked itself.

Therein lies your salvation.

If you cease the behavior that ingests the drug, you will feel bad and you'll feel better again, like a flu but less severe, and that is the end of your addiction.

At no point does Mr Muscle barge in with a gas mask attached to a bong and force an eighth ounce into your lungs.

Also, a drug CANT MAKE YOU WANT IT. That is something psychological you do to yourself. It can make you feel awful in the knowledge that dising alleviates it, but you WANTING to relapse is lack of self control. Every time you feel like lighting up give yourself, out loud, your top 5 or top 10 reasons you quit. Indoctrinate yourself NOT to do it like taking drags indoctrinates you to give it to yourself.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflinetheRealrollforever
I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Loc: Bada-Bing!
Re: Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive) [Re: Asante]
    #26943733 - 09/19/20 08:58 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I do pretty well addicted to weed.  And am almost equally productive as without because I will have intense productivity but then burn out when I’m sober.  Cannabis helps me level out and maintain my production for a longer term.  I make pipes and pendants and kill bedbugs though, so maybe my ‘being present’ is different than yours.  I was teaching my friend how to make bails for pendants in glass art, and he came over the next week and claimed he “didn’t remember” all of the stuff we worked on for almost TWO hours last week.  It’s a personal problem, not a weed problem.  Procrastination is another thing that is heavily CONDITIONED.  It’s not just if you’re stoned.  Maybe being stoned makes it more comfortable for people to blow shit off, but those people are the type to blow shit off anyway.  If taking a break helps you great, but you don’t need to tel yourself it’s THE ONLY WAY to be present.  If that makes you feel better while going without you can go on believing that.  Correlation is not causation.  Even making something more likely to happen isn’t causation.  You control how you allow yourself to behave, ultimately all the time.

--------------------

sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

Edited by theRealrollforever (09/19/20 09:03 AM)

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent

Re: Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive) [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #26943895 - 09/19/20 11:07 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

theRealrollforever said:
I do pretty well addicted to weed.  And am almost equally productive as without because I will have intense productivity but then burn out when I’m sober.  Cannabis helps me level out and maintain my production for a longer term.  I make pipes and pendants and kill bedbugs though, so maybe my ‘being present’ is different than yours.  I was teaching my friend how to make bails for pendants in glass art, and he came over the next week and claimed he “didn’t remember” all of the stuff we worked on for almost TWO hours last week.  It’s a personal problem, not a weed problem.  Procrastination is another thing that is heavily CONDITIONED.  It’s not just if you’re stoned.  Maybe being stoned makes it more comfortable for people to blow shit off, but those people are the type to blow shit off anyway.  If taking a break helps you great, but you don’t need to tel yourself it’s THE ONLY WAY to be present.  If that makes you feel better while going without you can go on believing that.  Correlation is not causation.  Even making something more likely to happen isn’t causation.  You control how you allow yourself to behave, ultimately all the time.

Weed is addictive and makes you lazy. I feel like your making up reasons that it's good when used every day. It's definitely not and if you smoked ever day for a decade you would agree. Fucks up your memory too in my experience.

--------------------

InvisibleAntigov
Male

Loc: Deep within the BibleBelt Flag
Re: Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive) [Re: Buckomcdoogle] * 1
    #26943909 - 09/19/20 11:13 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

It’s funny how the alcohol culture gets a pass though 
:notsureif:

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive) [Re: Antigov] * 1
    #26944023 - 09/19/20 12:13 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Im a pothead and I run a department. Have a dozen employees. And constantly have to tell people to get their shit together.
I think pothead is the excuse lazy people use that happen to smoke weed. Like lazy non smokers blame other shit besides themselves.

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent

Re: Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26944105 - 09/19/20 12:54 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Eh, it's all about moderation. Smoke six joints to the face every day an try to get anything done bodhi. Then when you go without weed you just feel shitty but you get more done with a clearer head. You probably just take a few hits or something tho which is perfectly fine for people that can handle it.

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
    #26944180 - 09/19/20 01:31 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I smoke a quarter to a half a week. Mostly from a bong

I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Re: Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26945064 - 09/19/20 10:35 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Thank u bodhisatt that was my point.  I didn’t say it’s alright to smoke weed every day.  But it is

--------------------

sunshine said:

I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

#26945066 - 09/19/20 10:41 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ovoidhunter said:
Quote:

theRealrollforever said:

Weed is addictive and makes you lazy. I feel like your making up reasons that it's good when used every day. It's definitely not and if you smoked ever day for a decade you would agree. Fucks up your memory too in my experience.

I’ve been smoking everyday for almost 10 years at this point. I think it’s more like 9.7 years
I feel like your making up reasons why weed is terrible because you secretly wish you had the willpower to be productive while smoking

--------------------

sunshine said:

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Atypical obsessive.
 User Gallery

Re: Nobody takes a pothead seriously. (Retrospecive) [Re: Antigov]
    #26945156 - 09/19/20 11:54 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Eh
Speaking from experience, having drinks with your boss will get you way further than working hard.

I guess it also largely depends on your lifestyle.

Its kind of like with face tattoos, does it go along with your lifestyle?

Are you able to function like normal being half present?

Being a cook for a long time has showed me, there are professions out there where you can totally function at a high level while wasted... lol

--------------------

chaos and decay"

Invisiblesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Flag
    #26961396 - 09/30/20 03:21 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Seems to me it works for some and not for others.... so just because you experience something one way you can't make the assumption it's the same for everyone. I would guess I'm somewhere in the middle and though not a highly productive stoner I really enjoy getting out and doing things while high - sure I do the couch thing sometimes as well. Currently limiting my weed intake as it had got to a level which I judged to be out of hand, but come the fuck on whats this "no one respects a pot head" shit. I respect pot heads just as much as I respect anyone else, if they're worthy of respect. I don't respect people who make blanket statements and post preachy shit..
Thank you, that is all.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals