Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Amazon Reagent Testing Kit

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OnlineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands, USA Flag
Fentanyl-Related Overdose Deaths Increase More Than 60% Since March [GA] * 1
    #26936855 - 09/15/20 01:24 PM (1 month, 11 days ago)

Fentanyl-Related Overdose Deaths Increase More Than 60% Since March
www.gpb.org

Katherine M. of Kennesaw turned her daughter’s body over the night before Christmas Eve to find a needle and a spoon.

“I knew immediately she was gone,” she said.

The grandmother asked GPB News not to use her full name out of concern for privacy for the still-struggling family.

Katherine’s daughter had just birthed a stillborn son, and the pain triggered a relapse.

“I tried everything as a mom to save her, but in the end one tiny pill ended her life and changed all of ours forever,” Katherine M. said.

A single narcotic pain pill, purchased from a trusted friend, turned out to be laced with fentanyl, a powerful synthetic opioid analgesic that is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine.

Since March, when the state shut down businesses to slow the spread of COVID-19, fentanyl-related opioid overdose deaths increased more than 60%, according to state health officials.

The 61.4% increase represents a rise from 140 fentanyl overdose deaths in the previous 15-week period compared to mid-March through June when 226 people died, state epidemiologist Amanda Dinwiddie said.

"We know overdose death data can take weeks or months to receive so numbers of deaths is likely higher," she said.

Georgia's drug surveillance team outlined the rise in suspected drug overdoses in a June 19 memo that alerted its partners “to be vigilant about any unusual drug overdose activity.”

Despite the need for precautions designed to slow the spread of COVID-19, addiction recovery resources pivoted to provide access to help, and community.

Many fellowship meetings for Alcoholics and Narcotics Anonymous closed their doors mid-March, but the Georgia Council on Substance Abuse opened its seven-day-a-week CARES Warm Line at 844-326-5400 from 8:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.

The Zone, a recovery support organization in Marietta, never closed despite the pandemic, Missy Head Own said.

“We've never shut our doors, not even one day,” she said. “We just set our chairs 6 feet apart and continue to offer masks.”

Owen founded the Davis Direction Foundation after her son, Davis, died of a heroin overdose in 2014.

She said she realized part of her son’s problem was a lack of resources after he finished a rehabilitation program.

“There was nowhere to go to network and really receive aftercare and connection with other people who were trying to stay sober and having events and activities to do,” Owen said.

Shelter-in-place orders caused huge numbers of relapses, Owen told GPB News in May.

The Zone started handing out more vouchers for clothing because, “as people lose their jobs, they lose their income, they lose their homes, and our homeless population has increased,” Owen said.

The problem has only gotten worse since late May.

Attorney General Chris Carr quoted Owen during a meeting last week of the state’s drug task force, bringing up her son and saying no one wants to be addicted to drugs and alcohol.

“They are sick people trying to be well,” Carr said, attributing the quote to Owen.

Carr further said the state remains committed to finding ways to help. He listened as epidemiologists presented the latest preliminary data that show a 9% increase in all drug overdose deaths between March 15 and June 27 as compared to the previous 15-week period from Dec. 1, 2019 through March 14 of this year.

While the official memo states epidemiologists are unsure what could be driving these increases, Jeff Breedlove, with the Georgia Council on Substance Abuse, said the actual overdose numbers are likely higher than the state’s preliminary data.

“Now, the state of Georgia has validated what we feared, which means it's time for our business leaders and our government leaders to understand that we can't cut funding to recovery,” Breedlove said. “We have to expand funding for recovery.”

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Fentanyl-Related Overdose Deaths Increase More Than 60% Since March [GA] [Re: Ythan]
    #26938462 - 09/16/20 08:18 AM (1 month, 10 days ago)

I wonder... is it def fentanyl? Fentalogues? Or is it that newer iso and analog shit

I mean in this case it was a press so very likely just comes up “fentanyl” (I assume citrate? I have no idea what they’re pressing and if any of it is “real fentanyl” even)

It’s really stupid to press a pill that may kill even 1% of the people who take it. And say 6 of 10 OD from a press, what the fuck are these people doing? back in the day, they were just pressing rolls which obv is sched 1, no fake oxy or Xanax. Yeah a few times I ended up with meth in my mdma and the crash sucked but it wasn’t lethal. Even PMMA won’t kill you from one dose. But pressing opioids which have a Very narrow window between rec and OD and everyone’s tolerance is radically different (10mg oxy for some, 40 for others, really could be anything)

So... yeah I’m obviously not blind to the money aspect but these fakes are so dangerous that If opis didn’t cause dependence but still felt nice I’d Imagine people would say “not buying anymore presses, fuck that”

Also. rolls were commonly tested before ingestion. At least with marquis, to see if it turns purp-black or not. If not people who care about actual mdma would not take it. With something exponentially more dangerous, why is no one testing? Just get some pods at least that’s relatively safe compared to novel opis

Or if it’s just to stop withdrawal use Kratom or subs. People will complain about subs but they work well and much safer than street fent

PS: during the covid crisis it makes sense to join a zoom addiction support group at least if help is needed but you can’t find it. Or even just a message board

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (09/16/20 08:37 AM)

OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Re: Fentanyl-Related Overdose Deaths Increase More Than 60% Since March [GA] [Re: Fractal420]
    #26939306 - 09/16/20 05:31 PM (1 month, 10 days ago)

Thing is... China has pulled a covert Opium War on the US by letting US citizens buy fentanyl analogues, even carfentanil (10,000x morphine) by the gram or the kilo.

KILOS of fentanyl analogues ended up in the US in freezers where they will stay potent for decades.

One gram of carfentanil is as potent as a BUCKET FULL OF HEROIN

Present in america and neighboring countries are more opioid doses based on fentanil than the world's annual opium production yields in years.

Someone who lets say bought a gram of carfentanil for lets say $250 is sitting on a supply akin to 10 kilograms of morphine. Thats gonna find their way to the street, to sell it so they can get real heroin.

Problem is, how does your average joe dose a substance where 10 micrograms makes your breathing stop? Answer: sloppily, and thats why so mant tragic OD's are happening.

If any average joes are reading this: Congratulations, you are in possession of something as hazardous as a chemical weapon. The ONLY way to dose it safely is LIQUID DOSING from producer to consumer, analogous to liquid acid. Only in the liquid state can it be handled without OD's ensuing.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :gold:  :silver:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Fentanyl-Related Overdose Deaths Increase More Than 60% Since March [GA] [Re: Asante]
    #26941771 - 09/18/20 08:04 AM (1 month, 8 days ago)

It's not just China, there are also Indian fentanyl labs and cartel owned Mexican/SA labs.

And it sure as hell didn't start with them. Fentanyl is largely responsible for the ridiculous death rates we've seen in recent years, but the opioid epidemic started and was in full swing long before fentanyl became so prevalent.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Fentanyl-Related Overdose Deaths Increase More Than 60% Since March [GA] [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26943483 - 09/19/20 04:58 AM (1 month, 7 days ago)

Duragesic Patch gel been smoked for a long time now, Way longer than the actual epidemic. Even in the OC days it had its niche. But that was RX fent. And those were all RX oxy or any pharm pill you could find, it would be real.

The worst would be the dickhead scam artists trying to sell you a lookalike but then you just pill id and you know it’s a different med (like other meds shaped like footballs or whatever)

But really when you were buying RX even from a stranger 99.9% chance it was real. Fuck I remember the first time I ran into adderall, was 2 bucks for a 20, random dude in the ghetto. Sure as hell were real

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Amazon Reagent Testing Kit

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service