Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next > | Last >
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Kyle Rittenhouse's official initial defense statement. [Re: Eminence]
    #26932994 - 09/13/20 08:02 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

You have a concealed carry permit?

--------------------
:whyyy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Kyle Rittenhouse's official initial defense statement. [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26932996 - 09/13/20 08:04 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

If so ill pay for you to re take the class. Based on the discussions you've had in this thread you need a refresher on all aspects of the responsibility and laws.

--------------------
:whyyy:

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: Kyle Rittenhouse's official initial defense statement. [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #26933018 - 09/13/20 08:29 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Sure dude, send me some cash I'll totally retake that class.

Your opinion on his responsibility with a gun doesn't change the fact that he was attacked for putting out a fire, by multiple people who were also walking around with guns, and fired before he did.

And why do you care about laws, when you don't think there should even be anyone to enforce them in the first place?

--------------------

OfflineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: daterapeville,USA
    #26933127 - 09/13/20 10:13 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

We got a WI gun law and criminal defense attorneys on this site... I'm pretty surprised.

--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Brenard Shaw

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Kyle Rittenhouse's official initial defense statement. [Re: Ice9]
    #26933132 - 09/13/20 10:15 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

You know who is a criminal defense attorney? The guy who wrote the shit on the first post.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

OfflineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion

#26933140 - 09/13/20 10:24 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Intentional vs. Unintentional Homicide in Wisconsin
First-Degree and Second-Degree Intentional Homicide
Under Section 940.01 of the Wisconsin Statutes, first-degree intentional homicide is defined as, “caus[ing] the death of another human being [or an unborn child] with intent to kill that person or another.” First-degree intentional homicide is a Class A felony, which carries the potential for life imprisonment.

Second-degree intentional homicide is defined similarly; in order to mitigate a first-degree offense to a second-degree offense the defendant must present one of four affirmative partial defenses:

Adequate provocation – Death was caused where, “something which the defendant reasonably believes the intended victim has done which causes the defendant to lack self-control completely at the time of causing death,” and which is “sufficient to cause complete lack of self-control in an ordinarily constituted person.”
Unnecessary defensive force – “Death was caused because the actor believed he or she or another was in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that the force used was necessary to defend the endangered person, if either belief was unreasonable.”
Prevention of a felony – “Death was caused because the actor believed that the force used was necessary in the exercise of the privilege to prevent or terminate the commission of a felony, if that belief was unreasonable.”
Coercion or necessity – Death was caused under circumstances in which the defendant, “believe[d] that his or her act [was] the only means of preventing [imminent public disaster,] imminent death or great bodily harm to the actor or another.”
Second-degree intentional homicide is a Class B felony, carrying a prison sentence of up to 60 years.

Sorry for wall of text, will post Link

--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Brenard Shaw

Edited by Ice9 (09/13/20 10:24 AM)

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#26933149 - 09/13/20 10:33 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
America would probably benefit from a policy that anyone who wants to be a cop is banned from being a cop and we appoint level headed people to do the job for 2-4 year stints.

@eminence

Im not changing the course of this debate to satiate the inability for you to comprehend any society that isn't shit.
Do some of your own research. You clearly need to.

That is a solid idea. There HAS to be a better selection system.

--------------------
Never knows best.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: Kyle Rittenhouse's official initial defense statement. [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #26933164 - 09/13/20 10:42 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

How would that even work? How can you "appoint" someone who doesn't want to be a cop, to be a cop? And what if they refuse? Appoint someone else to play cop and make make the other guy work as a cop? How many people who have no interest in being one, would already actually have the discipline and training to be a good one in the first place?

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#26933221 - 09/13/20 11:09 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I said the idea is good. It can be worked out rationally if the right people and the right amount of time was put towards it.

--------------------
Never knows best.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Kyle Rittenhouse's official initial defense statement. [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #26933241 - 09/13/20 11:17 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:
America would probably benefit from a policy that anyone who wants to be a cop is banned from being a cop and we appoint level headed people to do the job for 2-4 year stints.

@eminence

Im not changing the course of this debate to satiate the inability for you to comprehend any society that isn't shit.

That is a solid idea. There HAS to be a better selection system.

I kinda like it where he’s going with it.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Offlinelowbrow
Paddy Time!!!!
Male

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse's official initial defense statement. [Re: Eminence] * 1
    #26933861 - 09/13/20 05:39 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
America would probably benefit from a policy that anyone who wants to be a cop is bannedfrom being a cop 

You want to apply greek philosophy to law enforcement?

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

and we appoint level headed people to do the job for 2-4 year stints.

. Whatever you say, Plato.

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

@eminence

Rude and wrong all at the same time.

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

You are lost. 

Quote:

Eminence said:
How would that even work? How can you "appoint" someone who doesn't want to be a cop, to be a cop? And what if they refuse? Appoint someone else to play cop and make make the other guy work as a cop? How many people who have no interest in being one, would already actually have the discipline and training to be a good one in the first place?

This is what he’s talking about. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher_king

For some reason he doesn’t want to say the source of his idea.

--------------------
Amanita86 said:
Sui is trying to mod right now.  Kinda like a newborn calf tryin ta stand fer the first time ain’t it..

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse's official initial defense statement. [Re: spirit_shadow] * 4
    #26934595 - 09/14/20 06:34 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
I said the idea is good. It can be worked out rationally if the right people and the right amount of time was put towards it.

I think police forces should have to carry some sort of risk and damage insurance, whereby the insurance pays out claims for when they murder people or whatever. This insurance premium gets paid directly out of their budget. As is, they don't have to worry about these claims because when they get sued it's the tax payers who are on the hook. So, making them pay out of budget creates an incentive for them to lower their claims, or they would face spiraling insurance premiums. It would also mean that departments with a large number of cases would probably lose their insurance and even become uninsurable, which would be great because those are exactly the types of departments that should go away. It's really just like any business, if you're insurance rates are too extreme, you generally just go out of business.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

OfflineFrank Rizzo
Old whipper snapper

#26938684 - 09/16/20 09:40 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
I can't wait to bump this in a year and see what lowbrow has to say about the guilty on all charges verdict

I say if anything they get him on lessor charges not the original, up for a sig bet on this?

OfflineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse's official initial defense statement. [Re: Frank Rizzo]
    #26938710 - 09/16/20 09:56 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know what the original charges where, but they always bring the highest they can cause 1. more likely to get a plea and 2. can lower to lesser charges whenever they want.

--------------------

Offlinelowbrow
Paddy Time!!!!
Male

#26939158 - 09/16/20 02:14 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ice9 said:
I don't know what the original charges where, but they always bring the highest they can cause 1. more likely to get a plea and 2. can lower to lesser charges whenever they want.

I don’t see him pleaing.  All they’ve got him on is illegal possession of a firearm.

--------------------
Amanita86 said:
Sui is trying to mod right now.  Kinda like a newborn calf tryin ta stand fer the first time ain’t it..

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Kyle Rittenhouse's official initial defense statement. [Re: lowbrow] * 1
    #26939232 - 09/16/20 02:56 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

And two murders. One of them on video and the other he’s caught on video confessing over the phone.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (09/16/20 02:57 PM)

OfflineGorlax
Male

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse's official initial defense statement. [Re: koods] * 1
    #26939624 - 09/16/20 06:30 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I was arrested twice for simply having a medical marijuana card while driving. It caused me a massive headache cuz the cops kept saying if I smoked weed within the week I was going to be charged with a dui. They took my blood and dropped all charges. they seriously fucked up and the cops were even calling me trying to get me to say what I did.

Never had such a bias fucked up thing happen to me. Honestly want to just throw the card out now cops are losing their minds. They were even trying to get me to say I had a gun cuz I said I had slide bite from a fake gun lol. I should have sued them jail sucks.

OfflineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse's official initial defense statement. [Re: Gorlax]
    #26939861 - 09/16/20 10:07 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

At his trial for attempted murder and carrying a handgun without a license, Anthony Gammons, Jr. asserted that he acted in self-defense. According to Gammons, he feared for his and his son's lives when he shot the intoxicated and aggressive Derek Gilbert—testifying that he knew Gilbert had a history of violence and that Gilbert had threatened him—with a gun he acknowledged he was carrying illegally. After the court instructed the jury that he could not assert self-defense if he committed a crime that was "directly and immediately related" to his confrontation with Gilbert, the jury found Gammons guilty.

This was from a judge's opinion in Indiana, so the laws may be different, but if they are similar... this kid is toast, minimum conviction of 2 counts of murder 2 and 1 count of illegal possession of a firearm.

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
    #26939865 - 09/16/20 10:10 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Jury, Jurys are just random people who are not lawyers, going to jury trial is risky business.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

Edited by budmanman (09/16/20 10:10 PM)

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse's official initial defense statement. [Re: Ice9] * 1
    #26939948 - 09/17/20 12:14 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

That's such bulshit. Imagine acting 100% in the right but your life gets ruined over a formal technicality. Fuck the justice system

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds