Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBelan
Stranger
Male
Loc: Granite City, IL
First time growing, can't identify growth?
    #26937801 - 09/15/20 06:42 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I am completely new to the growing aspect, and I noticed some relatively fast growing spots, that I cannot identify. They are appearing near, but not on, the mycelium. I've already thrown away two cakes out of the 7 I had, but I would like to know if this is worthy of throwing all the cakes out. It is dark red in color, almost a rust brown, and it started appearing 2 days after I put them in the fruiting chamber.

That is the new red spot, close up, and little fuzzy black spots.  Is this dangerous or is it an exudate?

Sorry if this is against the rules or already posted, I scoured the forums to see if there was anything similar and I couldn't find anything specific for this color.  I appreciate any help or info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetonz0Funguy
Male User Gallery

Loc: 420 yellow brick road
Re: First time growing, can't identify growth? [Re: Belan]
    #26937897 - 09/15/20 07:35 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

You can salt the spots and nothing will grow there. That should subdue your problem. I look at a cake like an apple would you throw the whole apple away if it has a bad spot? just be mindful and cut off contams outside and bag it up before carrying through the house. as to not spread spores everywhere. Every house has spore counts just dont increase them, but why waste whats still good. Hell when I started If i threw out every contamed cake I would never have had any mushrooms :cryariver: :grin:

--------------------
"The search bar is a oracle"

Offlinenarmaduke
Stranger

Re: First time growing, can't identify growth? [Re: tonz0Funguy]
    #26937921 - 09/15/20 07:57 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tonz0Funguy said:
You can salt the spots and nothing will grow there. That should subdue your problem. I look at a cake like an apple would you throw the whole apple away if it has a bad spot? just be mindful and cut off contams outside and bag it up before carrying through the house. as to not spread spores everywhere. Every house has spore counts just dont increase them, but why waste whats still good. Hell when I started If i threw out every contamed cake I would never have had any mushrooms :cryariver: :grin:

i personally wouldnt take advice from someone who apparently contams every cake

Offlinetonz0Funguy
Male User Gallery

Re: First time growing, can't identify growth? [Re: narmaduke]
    #26938093 - 09/15/20 09:46 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

delete

--------------------

Edited by tonz0Funguy (09/16/20 10:10 AM)

Offlinenarmaduke
Stranger

#26938119 - 09/15/20 10:05 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tonz0Funguy said:
I said when I started growing lol Can you read english correctly? everything I told you is a lie people just come on here to lie to you!! Please do some of your own research!! and You'll learn one day!! You dont have to be rude to someone who is giving you advice!!:mad2: You've been a member for 2 years and dont even know how to use the search engine properly:confused: to find the answers of what to do with a lil contam :cryariver: So that's where your at....I've built a flow hood, tried many many teks, built a jartha, Just fruited my 1st hybrid, Learn to read what people write and respond with respect or dont ask ?'s that can easily be search for answers. Also keep and open mind and don't shoot down something that obviously you know nothing about hence why your asking this ? Please dont anyone else give  any info for being a closed minded ignorant fuck!!
:kittytakedown:

i dont even know how to respond to this because you think i am OP but im not. my mistake i misread, dont pop a blood vessel bud

OfflineBelan
Stranger
Male
Loc: Granite City, IL
    #26938427 - 09/16/20 05:39 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I see that asking my question was a mistake.  My apologies. I'll be going.

InvisibleDw3
Stranger
Loc: Great White North Flag
Re: First time growing, can't identify growth? [Re: Belan]
    #26938535 - 09/16/20 08:01 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Hey I'm a newbie as well, learning lots and enjoying it.
Did a search and found this thread that maybe what you have.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24426527
Hope this helps
Good luck

Offlinetonz0Funguy
Male User Gallery

Re: First time growing, can't identify growth? [Re: Dw3]
    #26938738 - 09/16/20 10:12 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

sry my comment was for harmaduke not the poster.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags