Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCristianosolo
Loco
 User Gallery

Drying Reishi....
    #26938431 - 09/16/20 07:42 AM (6 days, 4 hours ago)

Hello. I am growing reishi in the tropics. I have a electric dryer but i am on solar and it use too much electricity ....
I have a solar oven and i am thinking to dry my Reishi there. It reach 60 / 70 Celthius .
I am sure that is very easy to dry reishi in my solar oven but i am not sure about the temperature ( maybe 70 celthius is too much ) and i am not sure about sun light ( many things must be dried at the shade because the loose nutrimients with the sunlight . Example : Moring leafs)
How do you think?
Thanks in advance

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHarry Manbach
Stranger

Loc: Nc
Re: Drying Reishi.... [Re: Cristianosolo]
    #26938989 - 09/16/20 02:55 PM (5 days, 21 hours ago)

Idk what/how long you're drying for, but reishi and Turkey tail I just leave out under a ceiling fan in the spare room with the drying sweet potatoes  :justdontknow:

I only store them a month or two in open air like that until I get around to making tinctures.

Obviously if you're going long term you'd want them cracker dry, but this has been the cheapest/easiest method that's worked for me.

OfflineForrester
dumbfounded dipshit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Drying Reishi.... [Re: Harry Manbach]
    #26939384 - 09/16/20 06:23 PM (5 days, 17 hours ago)

Those temps are fine for drying reishi, actually pretty ideal :thumbup:

As far as I know, the medicinal compounds shouldn't be damaged by the sun while they are still in the mushroom.  A lot of them can degrade once extracted when they are exposed, but while protected within the mushroom I think they'll be fine.

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms