Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebingbongbashh
Stranger
I have some questions, I would appreciate any help!
    #26938425 - 09/16/20 07:38 AM (6 days, 6 hours ago)

Hi there, I have dabbled in growing Pyschedelic Mushrooms before, and it went really well right up until the harvest. I ordered a grow kit form Zamnesia and it was really easy, I had a good size flush, but this is the issue. I stupidly wanted to wait to try and maximise the size and they basically flattened out, and the stems got covered in a black slime that I've been told since was the veils beneath the caps.
I followed all the kit instructions, monitored the heat and humidity, sprayed the inside of the bag twice a day that was around the tub and so forth, was all quite simple. When I took the shrooms, which I know now were harvested too late, I did trip, but it was a very minor trip. I'm talking like, I ate 30Grams of Wet, whihc I've been told is approx 3g dry. The visuals were incredibly minor as were the headspace but there was still something there.
My questions are as follows:
1. Are Grow Kits weaker? I've seen site banners on here saying 'please do not buy a grow kit', and others on Reddit have told me that 'grow kits are about half as potent as wild' and so on, but haven't been able to verify any of this. Is this true?? Are grow kits just weaker?
2. Is the reason they were weak because I harvested them late? I've had a few growers tell me that this is the case, and that late harvesting can reduce potency by between 40-60%.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and I beg that the admins don't remove this as for some reason they always remove my posts.(??)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemeowjinx
Stranger
Re: I have some questions, I would appreciate any help! [Re: bingbongbashh]
    #26938483 - 09/16/20 08:47 AM (6 days, 5 hours ago)

Yeah, the wait could have been a factor. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I've read that after a while shrooms continue to grow in size but stop producing actives. So they get bigger, but since the active substance amount remains the same they would be basically be "diluted"

Also, randomness is a factor. Could have just been a less potent batch due to genetics. Anyway, 3 grams is not a whole lot if you're talking basic cubes, and the wet-to-dry conversion is just an estimate, it's not always gonna be exactly 10% of wet weight

I don't think it was that it came from a grow kit. Grow kits are frowned upon, but not because they're less potent than growing for real. They're loathed here because grow kits are a terrible deal. You overpay for all of the equipment, you don't really know what exactly they put in there, and usually they want you to inoculate w/ a spore syringe. You have no way of controlling quality, which is important if you wanna be a cultivator. If you just want shrooms just buy them from a drug dealer, if you actually want to grow then take your time to do it the right way. They won't include anything in  grow kit that you cannot make or buy yourself for less money

OfflineYumyumyumyum
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I have some questions, I would appreciate any help! [Re: meowjinx]
    #26938843 - 09/16/20 01:21 PM (6 days, 57 minutes ago)

The grow kits do not have any impact on the potency. It is usually a simple formula. For jars its verm,gyp,brf. Grow kits are expensive for what you can produce in mass cheaply with a PC, jars and material.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started