Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTrippydippydoo
Stranger
A lot of condensation in my BRF jars, Water pooling up at bottom
    #26938347 - 09/16/20 05:21 AM (2 days, 20 hours ago)

So, i got some BRF jars i nocced up about 26 days ago, Some are fully colonized and others are hovering around 95%. Problem is that in a lot of the jars water has started to pool up in the bottom of them. I did some searching on this forum but the information i found seems to be conflicting.

Is this a bad thing? Most of my jars don't have a lot of pooling but some of them do. I see no signs of contams either, it's pure white mostly rizomorphic Mycelium.

They are in the consolidation week right now, but i prefer to wait untill i see them fruiting invitro before birthing them. But the water makes me worried, should i go ahead and birth them a bit early? The 100% colonized ones got 2 days left on the 1 week consolidation period. I've come to understand that the reason for this might be fluctuating temperatures, but i have been keeping the temp at a steady 77-78f

Here's a pic of the worst one. It's one of the 100% colonized ones.

As you can see it's a lot of water

One a side note, i also got some other jars that are 100% colonized with what seems like rizomoprhic mycelium. But they look a tad Grey ish to me, Do these seem fine to you?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTrippydippydoo
Stranger
Re: A lot of condensation in my BRF jars, Water pooling up at bottom [Re: Trippydippydoo]
    #26938463 - 09/16/20 08:19 AM (2 days, 17 hours ago)

No one? :frown:

Onlineblindsighted
A decent cultivator

Re: A lot of condensation in my BRF jars, Water pooling up at bottom [Re: Trippydippydoo]
    #26939015 - 09/16/20 03:08 PM (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Looks fine to me. As long as the water doesn't change color or look like ur growing ice cream. Just looks like the normal condensation the cake makes thats pooled. But they look 100% colonized. And since its smaller than the half pint u only need like half the consolidation period. Ur probably fine if u birth it though

--------------------

OfflineTrippydippydoo
Stranger
Re: A lot of condensation in my BRF jars, Water pooling up at bottom [Re: blindsighted]
    #26939199 - 09/16/20 04:34 PM (2 days, 9 hours ago)

Thanks for the reply. Actually the plastic ones are 350Ml jars while the glass ones are 250ml, so i assume i need a longer consolidation period on the 350 ones,

Hopefully ur right and the water won't hurt. I really really dislike birthing and introducing cakes to Fc before i see invitro pins, Have ended up with cakes not producing shit before when i birthed them just 1 week after full colonization. Ofcourse, that might just be shitty genetics.
But i feel like i see a pattern and have gotten a lot better results once i let them pin invitro and then birth/introduce to FC

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #26939212 - 09/16/20 04:42 PM (2 days, 8 hours ago)

You are supposed to consolidate 1 week after full colonization as standard procedure. Water is fine. Temp fluctuations can cause condensation. As long as theres no colorful mold you are right as rain.

OfflineTrippydippydoo
Stranger
Re: A lot of condensation in my BRF jars, Water pooling up at bottom [Re: JHOVA]
    #26939980 - 09/17/20 03:01 AM (1 day, 22 hours ago)

Okey, so i hear you guys. You tell me to stop worrying and that it's all normal. And i guess i should listen, chill out and relax and stop worrying. But at the same time i feel like the picture i took didn't do the problem justice. So i took a new one, with the flash on this time. And this really highlights the problem.

Can you still tell me this is fine?

If so, i won't bump this thread any more. But i mean, it can't be good for them to litteraly swim in water, can it? Even tho the water is crystal clear w/o signs of discoloration.

Thanks guys, i really appreaciate the help :smile:

OfflineTrippydippydoo
Stranger
Re: A lot of condensation in my BRF jars, Water pooling up at bottom [Re: blindsighted]
    #26940621 - 09/17/20 02:23 PM (1 day, 11 hours ago)

Just wanted to tell you that you were absolutely right. My curiosity totally got the best of me and i birthed 5 of those badboys today. They had been consolidating for 9 days anyway so why not?

Anyway, the water pooling kinda looked like alot cuz the mycelium was pressing against the "glass". The cakes smelled mushroomy and healthy and was really dense and kinda heavy. Their beeing dunked now

Thanks again for taking your time to ansver:)

Now i know i can just chill out with the other "pooling" jars

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation