Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: gopher]
    #26938778 - 09/16/20 12:35 PM (6 days, 23 hours ago)

meatrx. Sounds like a reputable source with no implicit bias.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineO_Dweeds
Humanitarian Magician

Loc: Under The Dome
Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: Near Dylan]
    #26938788 - 09/16/20 12:40 PM (6 days, 23 hours ago)

Never underestimate the power of the body of christ, AKA the Golden Teacher.

Micro-dose with CBD/THC cream. As the pain fades and things begin to loosen up begin stretching 2-3 a day. Almost forgot staying WELL hydrated is key; determines how much energy the body can use!

Love & Faith conquer all things!

--------------------
Oxygen. Water. Neil Young

Our word "planet" comes from the Greek word planetes, meaning "wanderer."

"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace."
Gregg Allman

Edited by O_Dweeds (09/16/20 12:41 PM)

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #26938799 - 09/16/20 12:46 PM (6 days, 22 hours ago)

I dont think you need any more evidence as to why you should not look for advice on the shroomery

--------------------

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
octopus fucking starfish
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Swimming in Circles Flag
Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: O_Dweeds]
    #26938809 - 09/16/20 12:55 PM (6 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

O_Dweeds said:
Never underestimate the power of the body of christ, AKA the Golden Teacher.

Micro-dose with CBD/THC cream. As the pain fades and things begin to loosen up begin stretching 2-3 a day. Almost forgot staying WELL hydrated is key; determines how much energy the body can use!

Love & Faith conquer all things!

Completely ignoring everything else you just said.. for good reason.. psychedelics are known for enhancing pain as much as they are for dulling it, the latter of which tends to lean more towards the time after the extensive experience of using a psychedelic.

Onlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: Dark_Star] * 2
    #26938831 - 09/16/20 01:15 PM (6 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
The effective treatment is not medication. Effective treatment combines psychotherapy with intensive OT/PT to work on the psychological components, and burn out the short circuits via strengthening, conditioning & desensitization. This is a highly effective method that has been used in pediatrics for years. Unfortunately, the adult world is taking a while to get up to speed on this.

I agree with this completely. My mother-in-law has had it for awhile. I do think that medication has been a life saver for her as it kept her symptoms manageable at her worst, but long-term counseling and physical/occupational therapy are what's gotten her back on her feet and thriving again. Stretching and strengthening seem pretty vital for long-term success with fibromyalgia, especially since the pain often pushes them to want to be more sedentary.. which will exasperate things long-term.

Lots of good advice here from people. I don't have fibro but I do have a chronic nerve pain condition. The best thing for me was therapy, both physical and psychological. For symptoms though, a massage gun has been a life-saver. I have a heavy duty one which could probably drill a hole through a wall. There's all the claims about them increasing circulation, reducing inflammation etc... it hasn't really made my muscles noticeably looser but it pretty much kills the pain for a couple hours, sometimes much longer.

As C_F mentioned a TENS unit can help with pain, one that also has EMS can help because it causes contractions in the muscles, which over time can reduce spasms and possibly build strength in problem areas. I have a rub from that has capsaicin oil, mint and CBD, it really helps knock the pain down because you get the burn of capsaicin, the freeze from the mint, and whatever CBD actually does. Expensive as hell though, I'm going to make my own without the CBD and see how it works. I also have a thc/cbd tincture that's a full plant extract, a small dose of that seems to help knock pain down a few levels and boost my mood. Higher doses actually make me hyper-focused on the pain and all the negative feelings that go with it.

I usually don't recommend fringe methods because most really won't help, but one that's worked for me and I've heard that it's worked for others who have fibromyalgia is the Wim Hof method. Essentially it's a 10-minute breathing/hyperventilation exercise which floods your system with adrenaline and oxygenates/slightly alkalizes your blood, followed by a breath hold which spikes levels of CO2 to create a panic gasp response which you can train yourself to relax through, combined with cold exposure therapy (cold showers or ice baths typically). There's been some promising scientific research into it showing how it lowers inflammatory blood markers and modulates the immune response amongst other things, but still lots of unknowns. I started doing it daily a month ago to help with prostatitis I'd been struggling with for months, it essentially cured that in 2 days and has helped a lot with my nerve pain too. Plus it gets me a pretty trippy "high" towards the end of the breathing technique, and a lot more energy throughout the day.

Good luck man, the fact that you're on here seeking advice shows you're probably the exact type of supportive partner she needs through this. With these 'silent' diseases it can be especially tough, our society is typically not very empathetic towards people who look well but are not.

Edited by feevers (09/16/20 01:29 PM)

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
octopus fucking starfish

Loc: Swimming in Circles Flag
Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: feevers]
    #26938836 - 09/16/20 01:18 PM (6 days, 22 hours ago)

I do wonder about a hot tub or cryotherapy

OfflineGypsy Boy
Male

Loc: Deep in the discoteka
Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #26938845 - 09/16/20 01:24 PM (6 days, 22 hours ago)

Get her a nice foot bath tub/machine :awesome:

I got one for my ma, she loves it

InvisibleKelazam
All
I'm a teapot

Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: Northerner]
    #26938927 - 09/16/20 02:20 PM (6 days, 21 hours ago)

My Grandma has it and she says it's the most painful thing she has experienced. I have a habit of cracking my knuckles and I accidentally did it beside her and she ended up crying in pain just from the thought and sound of my knuckles being cracked.. I felt so bad.

--------------------
:jimmies::excuseme::shakeface::chillpill:
brazminol?

OfflineNortherner
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: Kelazam] * 1
    #26939706 - 09/16/20 09:29 PM (6 days, 14 hours ago)

Thank you all so much for your feed back, especially Dark Star and feevers.

As you guys can imagine these sorts of trials in life are challenging and it's good to get feedback with tangible knowledge and advice. There's so much information out there and doctors just want to sling one pill after the next but sometimes don't really think about all the implications.

:heart:

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Offlineichugwindex
Dex
Male

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: Ice9]
    #26939964 - 09/17/20 02:38 AM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

Ice9 said:
Quote:

ichugwindex said:
Poor gal had dudes leave her because she was in too much pain 4 sex. I hope shes ok

She's fine, you need to find a specific bit of land and a megaphone to converse with her, but other than that I'd say say she's doin dandy.

To be clear I wasnt trying to make a joke or be mean or anything when I made that comment. I was talking about an old friend. I really wish you didnt give me a zero over what I said.

I had no idea it could make you deaf

--------------------
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.

OfflineIce9
Benzo Enthusiast

Loc: daterapeville,USA
Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: ichugwindex]
    #26939966 - 09/17/20 02:40 AM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

ichugwindex said:
Quote:

Ice9 said:
Quote:

ichugwindex said:
Poor gal had dudes leave her because she was in too much pain 4 sex. I hope shes ok

She's fine, you need to find a specific bit of land and a megaphone to converse with her, but other than that I'd say say she's doin dandy.

To be clear I wasnt trying to make a joke or be mean or anything when I made that comment. I was talking about an old friend. I really wish you didnt give me a zero over what I said.

Sounds an awful like a joke in poor taste, good to see you care enough about your rating this bothers you, it provides me with some small satisfaction.

--------------------
Regarding Benzodiaepines: "They are a recreational drug, and being one doesn't exclude it's potential as a medicine." Yukon Cornelius

Offlineichugwindex
Dex
Male

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    #26939969 - 09/17/20 02:43 AM (6 days, 8 hours ago)

I wasnt trying to joke. I dont understand how you took what I said that way.

--------------------
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.

OfflineIce9
Benzo Enthusiast

Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: ichugwindex]
    #26940004 - 09/17/20 03:25 AM (6 days, 8 hours ago)

... I hope others chime in, about your use of specific words and how a normal personal would not choose those words except to troll/joke.  Just end the convo here cause I am dangerously close to my no ignoring people rule.

--------------------
Regarding Benzodiaepines: "They are a recreational drug, and being one doesn't exclude it's potential as a medicine." Yukon Cornelius

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#26940111 - 09/17/20 07:04 AM (6 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

Essentially it's a 10-minute breathing/hyperventilation exercise which floods your system with adrenaline and oxygenates/slightly alkalizes your blood, followed by a breath hold which spikes levels of CO2 to create a panic gasp response

I am confused by this. Hyperventilating does make your blood more alkaline by expelling co2... so when you say the breath hold "spikes co2"... you mean within the context of not having as much as you normally do? Seems to me if you wanted to really "spike co2" you would breathe into a paper bag repeatedly and then hold your breath after.

I have heard multiple other people vouch for wim hof. It reminds me somewhat of dragon breath in yoga but it isnt quite the same.

Onlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #26940138 - 09/17/20 07:39 AM (6 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Quote:

Essentially it's a 10-minute breathing/hyperventilation exercise which floods your system with adrenaline and oxygenates/slightly alkalizes your blood, followed by a breath hold which spikes levels of CO2 to create a panic gasp response

I am confused by this. Hyperventilating does make your blood more alkaline by expelling co2... so when you say the breath hold "spikes co2"... you mean within the context of not having as much as you normally do? Seems to me if you wanted to really "spike co2" you would breathe into a paper bag repeatedly and then hold your breath after.

I have heard multiple other people vouch for wim hof. It reminds me somewhat of dragon breath in yoga but it isnt quite the same.

Spike probably isn't the best term. You breathe fully out on the exhale and then hold your breath with no oxygen in your lungs. As CO2 builds, your anxiety response gets triggered and you want to gasp for air, but you can train yourself to resist that anxious response for a few minutes. So it's spiking in relation to where it is was when you were hyperventilating, but might really only reach normal or slightly elevated levels.

During the breathing since there's less CO2 in the blood the oxygen will have a stronger affinity to hemoglobin and won't end up in the tissues as much, I'm not sure if that's the cause but usually on my first round of breathing my legs and hands go completely numb and tingly. Feels great in a weird way, the head rush after round 3 is pure euphoria and clarity.

It's pretty similar to Tummo breath, the one that got famous for monks being able to be out in frigid temperatures and melt snow/ice or dry off wet blankets with their body temperatures. It's extremely simplified though, 30-40 deep hyperventilations, breath hold after the last exhale, inhale deeply once the gasp reflex get too powerful and hold for 15 seconds, exhale and start over for 3 rounds.

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: feevers]
    #26940158 - 09/17/20 08:08 AM (6 days, 3 hours ago)

Ive tried wim hof before even though i didnt bother with the full explanation on the recommendation of a friend and it definitely makes me tingle and feel lightheaded. I didnt get any kind of lasting mood changes. Ill give it a shot again later today

OfflineIce9
Benzo Enthusiast

Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: morrowasted]
    #26940343 - 09/17/20 10:44 AM (6 days, 56 minutes ago)

You're blood gets acidic if you hyperventilate, hold your breath too long due to a build of CO2 disssolved in blood as carbonic acid.

--------------------

Onlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

#26940430 - 09/17/20 11:57 AM (5 days, 23 hours ago)

It's a really slight alkalization, hyperventilation causes it to get more alkaline and the breath hold likely isn't long enough to bounce back and make the blood more acidic than baseline. I've seen people promote it for all different things because of the alkalization, but I don't think it's sustained for long enough to do much. Other effects they've measured are promising/interesting though
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4034215/

I just like it because of the brief rush/euphoria and increased energy, as well as the fact that only a few sessions of it got rid of chronic prostatis I'd had for 3 months. My guess is the breathing helped clear up some some stress/tension that was contributing to the condition, and the hot/cold contrast may have helped relax my muscles as well. Jumping in an ice bath and feeling relaxed and not even shivering is a pretty wild experience too, it's going to be in the 30's the next couple nights and I'm planning on some lake swimming :omgawesome:

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#26940457 - 09/17/20 12:23 PM (5 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

Ice9 said:
You're blood gets acidic if you hyperventilate

not normally. when you hyperventilate, you end up expelling CO2 when you breath out faster than your body produces it. therefore reducing the amount of CO2 in your blood by hyperventilating reduces the acidity of the blood, or increases the alkalinity.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/301680-overview

this is why when someone is hyperventilating, for example during a panic attack or while giving birth, it can be helpful to have them rebreathe the carbon dioxide they expel, as with a paper bag.

you are right about holding your breath causing CO2 to build up though. for the same reason, the body is producing CO2 faster than you're expelling. this leads to what is called respiratory acidosis, which is commonly seen in patients with pneumonia (and thus with COVID).

OfflineIce9
Benzo Enthusiast

Re: Anyone dealt with a family member with fibromyalgia? [Re: morrowasted]
    #26940474 - 09/17/20 12:37 PM (5 days, 23 hours ago)

Yep, before morning coffee, had hyperventilating backwards. Oops :rofl2:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Community >> The Pub