Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I've got everything. Now what? [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #26936032 - 09/14/20 10:06 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I think the jars only need to be exposed if you’re steaming in a normal pot without pressure.

I was always told it can be as high as you want as long as it won’t bubble up high enough to flood the jars.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleteonanacatl83
Tom Fool
Male

Re: I've got everything. Now what? [Re: A.k.a]
    #26936083 - 09/14/20 10:41 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I think you'll find if you follow anything by BOD and Mushboy's techs, you'll be fine.

Yeah, you don't need the perlite, technically not even the Brown Rice Flour unless you're doing PF tek.  Coir, Gypsum Shoeboxes are best IMHO.

Always use your flow hood, glove box, or SAB, whichever you have whenever doing any transfers between the stages, except for birthing the rye jars to your coir, that you don't need much sterilization for as long as you pasteurized your coir).

Look up the simple tiger drop with agar.  Not as fast as LC, but less likely to contam IMHO.

Maybe you need a bigger PC?

Good prep work. Good Luck.

--------------------
"Think about the universe for a moment.
With peyote, you need to expand.
In the fire, everything exists.
It's the record of the universe.
So, through the imagination, the thoughts,
messages begin to come to you.
The sacred shimmering heart."
-Kuauhtli Vasquez

:peyotl:

Offlinecris714n
Stranger

Loc: Nederland Flag
Re: I've got everything. Now what? [Re: Jatzan]
    #26936330 - 09/15/20 03:50 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

This is crazy. I've spent all my morning, ab 4h to read about PC's including the instruction manual of my PC. My conclusion is that in EU is very hard to buy a good PC under 100 euros and the one that in US cost 70$, in EU is 270$, so I bought mine according to Alice recs on PC's for  mushrooms . Mine is a tefal secure 5 neo. Ofc Alice is a cunt influencer  and knows shit about PC's good for mushies because
1. 100% I cannot stack 8.5 x 12 cm (4.7') jars
2. The manual says max 12 psi but from my little knowledge I know I need 15psi

About the water volume I've read your calculations and they are close to those in my manual except that they say that it depends on what kind of liquid is being used. Tefal haven't thought for a second about the mycologists when they build their PC. So the manual specs regarding this are going bananas depending on is getting cooked. For example:

A. The min quantity for normal cooking is 250ml for the first 15 min. For each extra 15 min add 150ml. For example 45 min cooking requires 600ml

B.When steaming foods in the basket use min 750ml (it does not spec the time or extra water)

C. For steamed suet puddings 900ml/ 60 min + 150ml for every extra 15 min

Again, this are just generalities. Reality could differ more or less. I wished they had a spec for mycologie.

Important note. On the lid are these specs:
PF = 80 kpa=0.8bar
PS = 170kpa=1.7bar

First is probably max use (12psi) and second probably the max safe it can be use. I'm already having a headache from reading about PC's

SAB ( the box at the bottom) is not ready yet but it is visible enough to see thru and there is this guy on the forum Bodhi..something, where he explain how to make a good one.

I am lucky if I can fit 3 jars inside. They recommend to put the tray on top of a trivet

I can replace the tray with the grill after I cut the corners so this way I can fit 4 little jars 8.5x12cm

Final conclusion. I don't recommend this PC but I will have to struggle and manage with it since is my only one at this moment.Amen

Offlinecris714n
Stranger

Re: I've got everything. Now what? [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #26936331 - 09/15/20 03:55 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

It does not mention anywhere but I tend believe not otherwise I could just experiment.
In the picture at number 10, there are some micro filter bag with injection port. How do I use those or better said when?

Offlinecris714n
Stranger

Re: I've got everything. Now what? [Re: One of Us]
    #26936337 - 09/15/20 04:00 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

the heat mat is for keeping it under the box to create warm/moist environment. It is not getting hot but just a little bit warm. It has a controller for how warm from 1 to 7. Probably I won't need it but I already had it.

OfflineJatzan
Mycophile
 User Gallery

Re: I've got everything. Now what? [Re: cris714n]
    #26936428 - 09/15/20 06:11 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Like I said, I think you can probably fit 7x370ml jars. This is best I can do.

Offlinesmalltalk_canceled
Babnik
 User Gallery

#26936663 - 09/15/20 09:28 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cris714n said:
This is crazy. I've spent all my morning, ab 4h to read about PC's including the instruction manual of my PC. My conclusion is that in EU is very hard to buy a good PC under 100 euros and the one that in US cost 70$, in EU is 270$, so I bought mine according to Alice recs on PC's for  mushrooms . Mine is a tefal secure 5 neo. Ofc Alice is a cunt influencer  and knows shit about PC's good for mushies because

About the water volume I've read your calculations and they are close to those in my manual except that they say that it depends on what kind of liquid is being used. Tefal haven't thought for a second about the mycologists when they build their PC. So the manual specs regarding this are going bananas depending on is getting cooked. For example:

A. The min quantity for normal cooking is 250ml for the first 15 min. For each extra 15 min add 150ml. For example 45 min cooking requires 600ml

B.When steaming foods in the basket use min 750ml (it does not spec the time or extra water)

C. For steamed suet puddings 900ml/ 60 min + 150ml for every extra 15 min

Again, this are just generalities. Reality could differ more or less. I wished they had a spec for mycologie.

Important note. On the lid are these specs:
PF = 80 kpa=0.8bar
PS = 170kpa=1.7bar

First is probably max use (12psi) and second probably the max safe it can be use. I'm already having a headache from reading about PC's

SAB ( the box at the bottom) is not ready yet but it is visible enough to see thru and there is this guy on the forum Bodhi..something, where he explain how to make a good one.

I am lucky if I can fit 3 jars inside. They recommend to put the tray on top of a trivet

I can replace the tray with the grill after I cut the corners so this way I can fit 4 little jars 8.5x12cm

Final conclusion. I don't recommend this PC but I will have to struggle and manage with it since is my only one at this moment.Amen

In Europe, you could easily spend several hundred euros on a presure cooker over 7 liter

huge difference in price from types, stainless steel and size too

A tip: Denmark sells pretty affordable PCs in scandinavia.

i own 4 of them and im only pleased with the denmark one

--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Loc: Exact Center
Trusted Cultivator
    #26937056 - 09/15/20 01:21 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cris714n said:
the heat mat is for keeping it under the box to create warm/moist environment. It is not getting hot but just a little bit warm. It has a controller for how warm from 1 to 7. Probably I won't need it but I already had it.

dont use it. Its an invitation for contams. If it gets too cold heat the room.

The bag is for spawn, but i dont see that thing fitting in your pc while full

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.

Offlinesporecap
Shedding...

Loc: Europe
    #26937326 - 09/15/20 03:10 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cris714n said:

I was in the same position as you, it is just impossible to get a proper, reasonably priced PC in Europe. It's no use wasting time agonizing over it, just buy a Presto from amazon.com and be happy for life. You will not regret spending the money on shipping once you have it.

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: I've got everything. Now what? [Re: sporecap]
    #26937368 - 09/15/20 03:26 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

It seems crazy to me that home canning isn't much of a thing in Europe. The biggest complaint I see around here islack of access to reasonably priced large pressure cookers for euro based members.

As for your PC reaching 12psi
That's fine. Just increase the cooking time accordingly.

--------------------

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I've got everything. Now what? [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #26937458 - 09/15/20 04:12 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

It really seems like it shouldn’t be too hard to make a pc if you could get strong enough pots.

Or like what about crock pots do you have those in Europe?

It’s super weird that they seem to be impossible to get over there especially with so many huge global companies these days.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Offlinesmalltalk_canceled
Babnik
 User Gallery

#26937603 - 09/15/20 05:17 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

he's exaggerating you can get 7 liter below 100 euros, but its generally expensive.. and we dont have a jesus saviour version like your american presto.. crock pots and slow food stuff we got plenty off.

what countries are you checking out,check out danish prices like coolprices.dk

--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue

Invisiblexspak
Stranger
Re: I've got everything. Now what? [Re: smalltalk_canceled]
    #26937777 - 09/15/20 06:29 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

You can grow shrooms with the stuff you have, you will need all of it.

I would first start with a test run of the pressure cooker. Read the manual, put in 4cm of preferably distilled water - normal water works as well, but will chalk up your cooker over time (but that can be cleaned). Especially if you have an electric stove it can be a little tricky to regulate it to an even temperature. With a gas stove it is easier. Just to get a feeling for the thing.

Build you still air box etc.

After that the first thing is to do agar for some time to figure out sterile technique and get a clean culture.

As an agar bottle you can use pretty much every bottle that fits, doesn't need to be an Erlenmeyer.

If you have a couple bucks left then in your cooker you could use a lab-bottle 250ml like this:

https://www.duran-group.com/en/products-solutions/laboratory-glassware/products/laboratory-glass-bottles/gl-45-laboratory-bottle.html

The 250ml one has a height of 143mm with cap and a diameter of 70mm ... you should be able to get 3 or maybe even 4 of them in your cooker.

Here is one: https://www.amazon.nl/borosilicaatglas-labor-reagefles-simax-EQUIVALENT/dp/B00BMUTEB8/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_nl_NL=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=duran+250ml&qid=1600215643&sr=8-2

But if you're on a tight budget just use what you find. I have used water bottles and beer bottles.

You might wand to get an oven glove like this:
https://www.amazon.nl/barbecue-Resistant-Silicone-Silicon-Kitchen/dp/B08FXZGV8F/ref=sr_1_7?__mk_nl_NL=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=silicon+glove&qid=1600215792&sr=8-7

That metal thing you have there might work but personally I would find it too finicky.

I would not use the bags and filter boxes for now and the casing soil also not yet. Assuming you want to grow cubes. Stick to the jars and coco coir in a shoe box type tub. That alone should give you more shrooms than you can eat if you carefully progress.

More experienced users will have more to say, so you should rater what they reply higher than what I say.

Edited by xspak (09/15/20 06:38 PM)

OfflineTweeq
Tweeq of Nature
Male

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I've got everything. Now what? [Re: xspak]
    #26938223 - 09/15/20 11:44 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I sent op a pm in Dutch offering my help as I have already been through the pc hunt and all the other EU growers' challenges.. but no response so far.

Offlinesporecap
Shedding...

Loc: Europe
Re: I've got everything. Now what? [Re: Tweeq]
    #26938272 - 09/16/20 01:05 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, it might seem a bit exaggerated, but come on, being able to PC
10 1qt jars at the same time at 15psi in a Presto is so much better and saves a lot of time
compared to fiddling with the small ones at <12psi that you have in Europe:awesomenod:
I don't regret a single euro spent on it:super:

Edited by sporecap (09/16/20 01:07 AM)

OfflineTweeq
Tweeq of Nature
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I've got everything. Now what? [Re: sporecap]
    #26938276 - 09/16/20 01:16 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sporecap said:
Yeah, it might seem a bit exaggerated, but come on, being able to PC
10 1qt jars at the same time at 15psi in a Presto is so much better and saves a lot of time
compared to fiddling with the small ones at <12psi that you have in Europe:awesomenod:
I don't regret a single euro spent on it:super:

Agreed. Ours set us back 400 euros but it's made our life soo much easier. It fits 9 jars of 1072ml. 7 on the bottom and two sideways on top.

If you have a regular EU pc just take some more time to sterilize. We used to do 2hrs and 15mins with our old BK pc. With the presto 23qt only 100 minutes and 9 instead of three jars.

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26938293 - 09/16/20 01:45 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Do you guys have instant pots??

I’ve been having trouble with my burner for the pc so lately I’ve been back to one quart at a time in the instant pot.

They’re so good for agar and lc. No waiting to boil and vent just throw it in and go.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineTweeq
Tweeq of Nature
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #26938320 - 09/16/20 02:10 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

A.k.a said:
Do you guys have instant pots??

I’ve been having trouble with my burner for the pc so lately I’ve been back to one quart at a time in the instant pot.

They’re so good for agar and lc. No waiting to boil and vent just throw it in and go.

I'll check them out. We have one 9liter pc and a presto 23qt atm

Offlinecris714n
Stranger

#26938346 - 09/16/20 03:18 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tweeq said:
I sent op a pm in Dutch offering my help as I have already been through the pc hunt and all the other EU growers' challenges.. but no response so far.

Pm'd back. Still getting used with this forum :wink:

Offlinecris714n
Stranger

Re: I've got everything. Now what? [Re: xspak]
    #26938351 - 09/16/20 03:32 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Ty for the good tips. I see more and more tips on shoebox tek. I'm looking into and probably that will be the choice after I figure it out. Those little bottles look pretty good but atm probably i'll stick with what I'll find around since i am tired to keep ordering items one by one and wait a lot. I already have a good silicone glove if that jar grabber won't help much.

I read that if I put a spoon of vinegar in the water, then the pan should be fine regarding the calc or other spots. I will run it on gas stove and will have to deal with this PC atm.

Can I inoculate my spore syringe straight into the jars?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures