Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon DXM, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Polling shows Oregon may legalize Psilocybin Therapy in November!!!!!!!!!!!! * 1
    #26928885 - 09/10/20 09:30 PM (15 days, 21 hours ago)

Had a very interesting zoom meeting with the campaign manager for the oregon petition the other day. (Sam Chapman)

The one fact that stood out the most was the polling results they'd gotten: 55% of those polled WOULD VOTE TO LEGALIZE IT. The percentage of yes votes only got this high for those who had seen the campaign ad videos and read arguments for/against the measure. (of those who didn't see the ads/info only 45% would vote in favor of the measure. Still a very encouragingly large percentage!)

So, if they can educate enough of the state with their campaign ad videos/etc it looks like they may actually be able to pass the vote! Truly inspiring

ALSO: They polled to see if people would vote to legalize recreational psilocybin. The results for that were significantly more negative. This alone to me proves that their method of legalization is the one we need right now, because until the general public learns more about psilocybin and its positive effects in medical settings, it will be impossible to pass a vote for recreational.

Other interesting tidbits: Their overall budget is currently around 2.5 million dollars (higher than I expected!) BUT, they said in order to buy as much ad space as they feel they need, they need another 1.5 million. So please donate if you can. (most of their budget is going to tv ads to educate voters)

Most of their ads will air in october. Sam chapmann (the campaign manager) showed us 5 different ads they'd made, 2 of which really hit home and struck me as high quality, the other 3 were also good.

I strongly encourage all of you to start petitions in your own states. The process is very easy depending on your state. Even if you don't plan to follow through with it, the news will cover it, volunteers will flock to you, important conversations will happen. Spark this movement like a spore.
Do you think their particular method of legalization is the best way to do it?
You may choose only one
Yes
No
Will you consider filing a petition in your state? You can just copy/paste theirs for the love of god, it'd be so easy.
You may choose only one
Yes
No

Votes accepted from (09/10/20 09:30 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
Re: Polling shows Oregon may legalize Psilocybin Therapy in November!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #26930925 - 09/12/20 12:16 AM (14 days, 18 hours ago)

Here's a link to one of the prop 109 PSA's

Their medical model isn't so much "medical" as "therapeutic."

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Polling shows Oregon may legalize Psilocybin Therapy in November!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: sonoramo] * 1
    #26931267 - 09/12/20 08:12 AM (14 days, 10 hours ago)

I just want the freedom of mush cult without it being a crime, not so much shops or whatever

Man, Oregon has been nuts lately (not referring to this). I always thought (well, maybe like a year ago) that Oregon was a super chill state

Wishing everybody well with the fires

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Polling shows Oregon may legalize Psilocybin Therapy in November!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Fractal420]
    #26931796 - 09/12/20 03:05 PM (14 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
I just want the freedom of mush cult without it being a crime, not so much shops or whatever

Same here.

Same in regards to all plants.

A human being should be allowed to grow, possess, consume, and gift any plant/fungi & anything that comes from the earth. Such things should not be regulated/controlled by a government at all.

I much rather nature be merely decriminalized rather than only allowing synthetic psilocin to be used in therapy, limiting access to only those that have enough $ to go to therapy.

I'm not a fan of "legalizing" through this route at all, but it is still progress I suppose :shrug: . This will open up access to psilocin for a super tiny minuscule part of the population, mostly middle to upper class people that have $ and insurance .

I suppose cannabis spear-headed/blazed its trail to "legalization" via "medical" cannabis....but legal cannabis is a huge joke itself that also restricts cannabis to only those that have the $ to afford it. The quality of the herb usually isn't that great in legal markets compared to most of the herb that was around long before things went "legal". When cannabis went legal the price went up, many layers of taxes were slapped on top of it, the quality went down, and many people that truly need the herb as medicine no longer have access to it.

I don't even want to see legalization or a "recreational" market at all, I don't want to see any sort of market/regulation where it's set up for profit to be made...just merely decriminalize all of nature and allow the people to work with these plants/fungi, make it so that growing/possessing/consuming any plant is no longer a criminal act. There should be no system/framework that controls & regulates "plants/nature". When these plants are truly "free", anyone who wants/needs access to them will have it and likely free of charge.

-OM

--------------------

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Polling shows Oregon may legalize Psilocybin Therapy in November!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: openmind] * 1
    #26932205 - 09/12/20 07:20 PM (13 days, 23 hours ago)

That's an interesting perspective OM, I'll have to digest that. I wonder how that would poll compared to recreational.

They do repeatedly claim that they want this therapy to be affordable and accessible to all. (to my knowledge it won't be covered by insurance) But with all the licensing fees and what have you I'll be interested to see what it actually costs in the end.

(and yes I didn't mean to mislead by using the word medical. therapy)

Edited by Psilosopherr (09/12/20 07:20 PM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Polling shows Oregon may legalize Psilocybin Therapy in November!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Psilosopherr] * 1
    #26932899 - 09/13/20 08:27 AM (13 days, 10 hours ago)

Yeah as mentioned above Id actually have mixed feelings about seeing an actual recreational Psilo market. I just want cultivation to not be a crime (or possession or trade etc)”. Not just shops. With cannabis rec sales are really good for tourists and stuff who come to the city and don’t have a source. But shrooms aren’t (or shouldn’t, lol) be used like cannabis.

However I mean the U.K. did fine with some freshie vendors, but these were not dispensaries, more like hot dog stands from what I understand, with usually just one option. And you had to eat your dose within like 2 days, prolly most took them right away

Still, there were some mishaps that led to criminalization. And Britain doesn’t let Any psychedelic stay legal really so, it’s interesting they gave shrooms a chance but ultimately “ITEM 10: ILLEGAL!”

I think an American style market would be more dangerous. Seems like a lot of people interested in shrooms are under 18. Maybe make em legal for 25+, people that would Much more likely already not just have experience with psychedelics, but truly know how to use them

PS I am convinced that if it becomes a pharma thing tho (Not rec), they will TRY to stop the spores prolly. People will still trade em but it’ll be a risk to order a print. That’s why I just want people to be able to grow legally and then create their own grassroot style markets.

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
Re: Polling shows Oregon may legalize Psilocybin Therapy in November!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Fractal420]
    #26933775 - 09/13/20 06:47 PM (12 days, 23 hours ago)

Regarding spores being illegal, they are already illegal in three US states. One of these is CA, where I live, and where several cities have recently passed official "don't chase after mushroom users" police directives. Given the political situation, I'm pretty sure CA won't "legalize" spores except in the context of some other legalization. Maybe that will be like the Oregon's measure 109, or maybe it will be like CA initiative 64.

Nevertheless, when I restarted growing after a 20-year period of not growing, none of my old spore prints was viable. It took me two months to get my hands on a viable print. I didn't know about the Shroomery at the time! So yeah, un-availability of spores at least stops less-than-determined people from growing.

As for making "gifting" legal but not "selling," don't fool yourself. In CA, you can actually get a felony conviction for giving somebody a spore print. Spores, crack cocaine, and fentanyl all have the same legal status and it doesn't matter if you sell or give them away. I don't think a felony would happen if you have no prior "offenses," yet I'm sure it's a hammer the prosecutor could hold against you to make you "decide" not to fight a conviction.

If "gifting" or "trading" are legal, but selling is not, you can bet your bottom dollar there will be some kind of web site to facilitate gifts and trades for a fee. I've heard about an enterprising pot dealer in Maine who uses "psychics" to help you "find" your lost cannabis,... for a fee that is pretty much the same as if you just bought it. Funny, you have to tell the guy what kind and how much pot you lost, and the "fee" scales with the quality and quantity.

OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Polling shows Oregon may legalize Psilocybin Therapy in November!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Psilosopherr] * 1
    #26934599 - 09/14/20 08:40 AM (12 days, 10 hours ago)

I would also prefer cult and personal possession legalized sans commercial sale, or at the very least decriminalized, but it ain't going to happen. No way, no how...until the general public becomes educated and familiar with shrooms/psilo.

I do think this framework is kind of a trap for Oregon, it will make it much harder to expand psilo past this point as opponents would always be able to point to it as a reason why further progress is not necessary, thats exactly what happened in GA with "medical cannabis", except we don't have medical cannabis, only a low thc oil, and it took 5 years just to get a framework in place for obtaining/producing that oil, we were close to passing real reform but now we are farther away than ever and now moderate pols in the state(on both sides of the aisle) won't even touch the issue...but that doesn't mean it can't happen elsewhere, if Oregon is able to show that psilo is safe and effective.

I think part of the problem is politicians view allowing personal cultivation without commercial sales as basically creating an illegal black market in their state/jurisdiction, so it's kind of a non-starter for them...that doesn't mean it can't pass by ballot, but it'll be hard to do if the political power in the state is opposed to it.

----------

In reply to sonoramo, their are Canadian vendors who will ship to illegal state no problem. I can understand having at least a little trouble finding them without knowledge of this, but from the point I decided to order spores living in GA(spores illegal) it took me about an hour on google before finding one, this was also before I joined the Shroomery. And I would imagine most people people trying to acquire spores in an illegal state would find their way here, where their is no delay in sourcing spores to an illegal state. So I'm not sure how much of a roadblock it really is.

Edited by Holybullshit (09/14/20 08:53 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Polling shows Oregon may legalize Psilocybin Therapy in November!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26936312 - 09/15/20 04:58 AM (11 days, 13 hours ago)

Quote:

I think part of the problem is politicians view allowing personal cultivation without commercial sales as basically creating an illegal black market

In other words they want $$ or they’re not with it. I’d rather keep things as they are TBH if it’s that vs buying shrooms in markets

Also those 3 Anti-spore states have had that law on the books for some time, ever since I knew anything about shrooms for sure. It’s an old law and I don’t think any other states feel that way.

Also these laws are a bit more nuanced like if you receive spores in CA it’s the vendor that committed a crime. Well, at least you have an awesome legal cannabis market!

And traders can usually work things out

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
    #26936462 - 09/15/20 08:56 AM (11 days, 9 hours ago)

That's a cynical view, though probably accurate in some cases. But, while I am certain new tax revenues make it more politically feasible that there are plenty who are just flat out opposed to criminal underground networks operating in their backyard, sans any consideration of tax revenues.

Yeah, I don't see any new states making spores illegal, and the laws that exist now are hardly a deterrent. I wouldn't be worried about already illegal mushroom cultivation becoming any more difficult just because a state passes some form of medical psilo, if anything I would think it would become less of a law enforcement priority than it already is.

Although what Oregon is doing is not my preferred framework, and it may stall any future progress, but it is still totally worth it and immeasurably better than the status quo...especially if you consider how many people it can help that would otherwise not have access, I surely wouldn't want to stand in the way just because it doesn't benefit personally, that would be selfish.

InvisiblePsychoReactive
CocaTea
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: Polling shows Oregon may legalize Psilocybin Therapy in November!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26939371 - 09/16/20 06:18 PM (10 days, 28 minutes ago)

Great news, hopefully more states will follow.

--------------------
https://drivenanddesired.com

OfflineShiVersbloodS
VAmPiRES HELLA
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: Polling shows Oregon may legalize Psilocybin Therapy in November!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #26940972 - 09/17/20 06:19 PM (9 days, 26 minutes ago)

I feel like I am being left behind because my state has not yet legalized Marijuana but a state that has legalized marijuana may legalize shrooms as well. I want shrooms leglization too. And marijuana legalization in my state. It would be cool if shrooms were legalized.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Polling shows Oregon may legalize Psilocybin Therapy in November!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: ShiVersblood]
    #26941531 - 09/18/20 01:34 AM (8 days, 17 hours ago)

Seems we're conflicted on this issue as a community, as was expected.

To me the most important thing is getting these medicines in the hands of those who need them. These rexulti commercials bum me out because there's tons of people out there like that, going through the proper channels to treat their depression without great success. If this was a legitimized option more and more of those people who get truly healed. That and hospice, I never really thought of just how wonderful this could be for thousands of dying people if this was a part of hospice until I saw the campaign commercial. Among the other uses, the countless neurosis to be dissolved and lives enriched.

I see your folks points with legalizing cultivation, but whats more important? And more to the point, can we as a community come up with another legalization format that would actually have a chance of passing a vote? I'm really curious if anyones out there cooking up a creative legal framework, please share.

Perhaps we could sneak a clause into a therapeutic legalization that decriminalized cultivation. Maybe that would be the best option to get the best of both worlds. Sound like a good idea, or no?

Its a real shame just how much work and money it takes to get a petition on a ballot. Was running the numbers and for my state it would cost over a million dollars just to get the needed signatures. Because afaik virtually all petitions rely on paid signature gatherers supplemented by volunteer gatherers. Then the millions it takes to run campaign ads, it puts law change almost beyond the grasp of the populace. (I'm curious if one could start a petition for a bill that would reduce the number of signatures needed to get future petitions on the ballot. I mean, who wouldn't sign that? Who wouldn't vote for that? Is there an argument against it I'm not seeing? We should be able to vote on whatever we want without paying a million fucking dollars to get it on the ballot)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Polling shows Oregon may legalize Psilocybin Therapy in November!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #26943490 - 09/19/20 05:28 AM (7 days, 13 hours ago)

Also as for people who truly need therapy, they are usually not likely to even attempt psychedelic healing unless it’s sanctioned the way those ketamine centers are set up to feel safe and clinical. But really it’s SUCH a waste of money. Approx 500 for an infusion, and Spravato S-ket nasal sprays are 28mg and also cost about the same 500.

Meanwhile a full 1000mg of essentially pure Ket can run you just 25-50 if you get from some psytrance dude or onion
Even less if you shop around for 2flouro which in my experience is the same thing. And it’s usually pure xtal, cleaner than most k

in my experience dissociatives might be very helpful short but not long term with things like depression. With the PCX analogs and surely dxm too there’s a psychosis risk for some people, it seems a lot of these affect people very differently due to how NMDA works in the first place prolly

BTW people who live in states that allow the citizens to vote on things (Eg NJ is going to allow voting on rec MJ in November) via referendums and such, so lucky. If my state was given a vote, 66+% are in favor of legalization but since it’s all left to the politicians we’re just hoping they will represent us. I write letters sometimes and whatever none of these politicians give a Shit they’re just making bs ads and trying to sound progressive.

Sorry, kind of a rant, but what else is new lol

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (09/19/20 05:37 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon DXM, Scales

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service