Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHappyHigh
Stranger

shrooms us ipo filed
    #26907893 - 08/30/20 03:18 PM (25 days, 11 hours ago)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Re: shrooms us ipo filed [Re: HappyHigh]
    #26908009 - 08/30/20 04:18 PM (25 days, 10 hours ago)

I'd invest.

--------------------

Invisiblesausages
A subtle force of nature.
Male

Loc: Radelaide
Re: shrooms us ipo filed [Re: filthyknees] * 1
    #26909053 - 08/31/20 06:17 AM (24 days, 20 hours ago)

I wouldn't.

Because Compass Pathways and their backers may turn out to be villains in the turning pages of psychedelic history as it unfolds. They started as a non-profit, used this to exploit well meaning advocates and researchers and accrue Intellectual Property, then switched to for-profit and started taking steps to shut out competition. They've created their own controlled media space to write their own narrative; press releases and copy that get passed off as news. These people who have done nothing to advance the ecological or humanitarian aspects of psychedelic culture and healing are all of a sudden interested in being the gatekeepers to the realm of legal psychedelic therapy. Investors are basically gambling on their ability to claim ownership and take control of the healing space provided by psilocybin. Failure is inevitable, the question is how bad the fallout is going to be.

See also:

Calm Down. What's the Worst Thing That The Wellness Industry Could Do to Psychedelics?

Commodifying The Sacred: Considerations on COMPASS, Capitalism, and the Mainstreaming of Psychedelics

--------------------
Anyone who hasn't got a field guide but wants one should check this out: Fungi In Australia

Keep things nice, Don't spread Phytophthora!

"We'll ride the spiral to the end, and may just go where no one's been"

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: shrooms us ipo filed [Re: sausages]
    #26909056 - 08/31/20 06:24 AM (24 days, 20 hours ago)

Not Compass aahhh

Just decrim cultivation and possession.

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Re: shrooms us ipo filed [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #26909171 - 08/31/20 08:46 AM (24 days, 18 hours ago)

It's different markets dudes. You think the 20year olds are gonna be doing compass pathways?

It'll be the soccer mom's and buisness suits that read articels and listen to NPR

Vast majority of people want fruit bodies and we all know this who have been in the mushroom world.

My 2 cents

--------------------

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: shrooms us ipo filed [Re: sausages]
    #26909792 - 08/31/20 03:32 PM (24 days, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

sausages said:
I wouldn't.

Because Compass Pathways and their backers may turn out to be villains in the turning pages of psychedelic history as it unfolds. They started as a non-profit, used this to exploit well meaning advocates and researchers and accrue Intellectual Property, then switched to for-profit and started taking steps to shut out competition. They've created their own controlled media space to write their own narrative; press releases and copy that get passed off as news. These people who have done nothing to advance the ecological or humanitarian aspects of psychedelic culture and healing are all of a sudden interested in being the gatekeepers to the realm of legal psychedelic therapy. Investors are basically gambling on their ability to claim ownership and take control of the healing space provided by psilocybin. Failure is inevitable, the question is how bad the fallout is going to be.

See also:

Calm Down. What's the Worst Thing That The Wellness Industry Could Do to Psychedelics?

Commodifying The Sacred: Considerations on COMPASS, Capitalism, and the Mainstreaming of Psychedelics

Just because they're evil don't mean we can't make some cash off them. Get in at the ground floor and sell while the hype is high. Fuck it might as well ride this wave before it crashes when they realize how unpredictable psilocybin is in a clinical setting and how much the market desires an affordable fruit body or confection of some sort and not an overpriced nasal spray or pill or whatever route they administer psilocybin with.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: shrooms us ipo filed [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #26909949 - 08/31/20 04:48 PM (24 days, 10 hours ago)

I think if psilocybin strips became available, people would def use them, much like 4aco but I guess better. Would likely be very effective actually. And hell, they could even patent 4aco prolly just not enough, er, research.

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlineb2x
Tawhid

Loc: New Mexico
Re: shrooms us ipo filed [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #26911621 - 09/01/20 12:34 PM (23 days, 14 hours ago)

Just my opinion

Peter Thiel is an enormous gaping asshole.

--------------------
Power Overwhelming

Offlinepolaritymind
relaxed attention
I'm a teapot

Loc: Europe
Re: shrooms us ipo filed [Re: b2x]
    #26923386 - 09/07/20 06:54 PM (17 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

b2x said:
Just my opinion

Peter Thiel is an enormous gaping asshole.

I'ben trying find some videos of the compass people to get an impression of them and couldnt, what is your impressipn based on, would be very curious? Apart from compass itself and its moves so far

--------------------
"to affirm life is to also affirm death"
-Albert hofmann

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: shrooms us ipo filed [Re: polaritymind]
    #26924088 - 09/08/20 06:21 AM (16 days, 20 hours ago)

It’s not a good impression if you don’t want pharma to have access/control of psilocybin

I’d rather just do DIY shit than pay for these strips

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinezaros
Stranger

Re: shrooms us ipo filed [Re: Fractal420]
    #26931484 - 09/12/20 11:52 AM (12 days, 15 hours ago)

it is a sensitive topic. as with cannabis i believe it is the right to grow your own for medicinal purposes.

the doctors pharmaceuticals are not of help to me. what can they do? trying to address a chemical imbalance when its what im doing in my environment causing imbalance - its not a chemical problem? You can't directly get serotonin from food, but you can get tryptophan, an amino acid that's converted to serotonin in your brain. not everybody has a consistently balanced diet.

part of the novelty is in growing your own. im afraid to trip with certain people because i dont wish to be seen like that (the battle of my ego) doing it at medical facilities with a group or alone/with sitters could be therapeutic but its not viably affordable, if i could do that every other week?

direct activation of serotonin receptors, a neurochemical compound related to light and wakefulness. I've spent the vast majority of my time living indoors on the computer. sometimes you need a kick in the pants? compensating for the lack of serotonin taking a moderate dose to trip. im trying to say sometimes its good to trip in compensation of treatment resistant depression.

i think its sad - the very color of the mushroom bruises blue but its a part of the process of feeling emotion.

Edited by zaros (09/12/20 12:05 PM)

Offlinezaros
Stranger

Re: shrooms us ipo filed [Re: zaros]
    #26932439 - 09/12/20 10:21 PM (12 days, 4 hours ago)

maybe compensation isn't the way to see it. processing emotion and information.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service