Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Lotus check em out.
    #2692972 - 05/17/04 09:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Spring Cleaning

Lotus is playing a short run down to the Southeast. The shows kick off on Thursday May 20th in Asheville, NC. The band is going to make an in-store appearance at the Good Music and Other Stuff record store and play a stripped down set. The store is on 55 Broadway in Asheville, and things will start at 7:00 pm, and it is free and open to the public. The full evening?s show is at the Emerald Lounge on 112 N. Lexington Ave. Doors open at 10 pm and tickets are only $5.

Friday May 21st Lotus performs at the Buffalo Creek Music Festival in Lexington, VA. This is a FREE all ages festival at the Zolman Pavilion on the bank of Buffalo Creek put on by Washington and Lee University. Lotus performs from 10 pm ? 2 am.

Lotus takes part in the ?Collective Buzz? on Saturday May 22nd at Alley Katz in Richmond, VA. This is a two-day biscoradio celebration. Lotus closes out the event with two full sets and the Southside Funk Brothers opening up the evening. The show is 18+ and doors open at 9:00 pm. Tickets are available through www.alleykatzrva.com.

Friday May 28th we return to New York City for a show at the Slipper Room on 167 Orchard St. at Stanton. (Note the change of venue from Piano?s) Concentric, the live-electronica trio from Vermont opens. Doors open at 8 pm. www.slipperroom.com

Some other upcoming events this summer include Tuesday June 15th, at Shuba?s in Chicago, Wednesday June 16th at The Green Room in Iowa City, Friday June 18th at the Memorial Union Terrace in Madison, WI, Saturday June 19th at the Onapa Brewing Company in Milwaukee, Thursday July 22nd at the Endless Mountain Music Fest in Union Dale, PA, Saturday July 24th at Smilefest in Union Grove, NC, and Friday July 30th at the Sunrize Music Fest outside of State College, PA. For more details on the live shows check online at http://lotusvibes.com/html/live_shows.php and if you want to help out on the streets in any of these cities, send an email to lotus@opusoneproductions.com.

Thanks to all 600 of you that came down to the show at the Trocadero Theatre in Philly. The night was great all around with a killer light show courtesy of Scott Huston and tons of energy in the room. An audience recording of the night along with a bunch of other Lotus shows are available for download at www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=12842. If you aren?t download-capable and want to hook up with some live Lotus sets, a great way find people and set up an exchange is on the Lotus Message Board http://lotusvibes.com/html/forum_frameset/forum_main.html or through the Lotus Yahoo Group http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/digilotusvibes/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: Lotus check em out. [Re: ]
    #2693091 - 05/17/04 10:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I like what they do. They've gotten better just in the past year or two I think. They come to town fairly frequently. My friend is a dj and he has opened for them a few times. It's cool when a band can blend the beginning of their set with the end of my friends set. Lotus did an okay job of it but twice my friend opened for The New Deal and the transition was so smooth that you couldn't tell when the record ended and when the band began.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Anonymous

Re: Lotus check em out. [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2693102 - 05/17/04 10:07 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Ah thats awsome. I like the new deal a lot as well. Hope to see them sometime soon or when ever they come around.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: Lotus check em out. [Re: ]
    #2693132 - 05/17/04 10:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah too bad they're on hiatus this summer. Well I did hear they were playing one show in Toronto or something.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub