Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Loc: USA
From spit hoods to ketamine injections: The controversial police tactics highlighted by the Black Lives Matter movement
    #26921117 - 09/06/20 12:42 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

https://www.businessinsider.com/black-lives-matter-6-disputed-police-tactics-highlighted-by-protests-2020-9?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+businessinsider%2Fpolitics+%28Business+Insider+-+Politix%29

I've only posted the ketamine section here. Follow the link above for the full story.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Injecting ketamine to sedate suspects

Paramedics inject ketamine as a sedative, often at the orders of police who think suspects are acting out of control.

There are no federal standards for police officers or medical personnel on the drug's use, according to the Associated Press. Policies relating to the drug vary depending on the state, so it is not clear how regularly it's used during police encounters and why.

Ketamine was also injected into 23-year-old Elijah McClain in Denver last summer, who was stopped by officers responding to a 911 call about a suspicious person wearing a ski mask. His family later said McClain wore ski masks because he had a blood condition that made him feel cold.

Police put the 23-year-old massage therapist in a chokehold twice and pressed their body weight into him. When the paramedics arrived, they injected him with ketamine, giving him more than 1.5 times the dose he should have received because they incorrectly estimated his weight.

The coroner found that McClain's death was due to "undetermined causes" but did not rule out that the chokehold, in addition to the ketamine, might have contributed to his death.

"Why anyone would be giving ketamine in that circumstance is beyond me," neuroscientist Carl Hart, who is also the chair of Columbia University's psychology department, told NBC. "The major problem here is we should never be ordering any medication, and no one should be taking or given it against their will."

After McClain's death, Colorado's health department opened an investigation into the growing use of ketamine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This, as well as many other things the police do, should be totally illegal. What a messed up system we have. Total bs.

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
Re: From spit hoods to ketamine injections: The controversial police tactics highlighted by the Black Lives Matter movement [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #26924138 - 09/08/20 05:41 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Many on this forum would welcome a ketamine injection, id prefer a line though.

Offlinesk8fast
Tripping skater
 User Gallery

Re: From spit hoods to ketamine injections: The controversial police tactics highlighted by the Black Lives Matter movement [Re: downlowfunk]
    #26924211 - 09/08/20 07:24 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Idk if this was the same guy that had pcp in his system but if he did that's a massive amount of dissociatives

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: From spit hoods to ketamine injections: The controversial police tactics highlighted by the Black Lives Matter movement [Re: sk8fast]
    #26924505 - 09/08/20 11:10 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sk8fast said:
Idk if this was the same guy that had pcp in his system but if he did that's a massive amount of dissociatives

I believe he was suspected to have been on LSD and dancing. Confirm?

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: From spit hoods to ketamine injections: The controversial police tactics highlighted by the Black Lives Matter movement [Re: HamHead]
    #26925547 - 09/09/20 12:21 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

In the full article they listed the guy with the spit hood. They said he was experiencing a mental health crisis but didn't elaborate. Also this guy was not injected with K.

Other sources report the autopsy was positive for pcp in his system.

--------------------

Offlinesk8fast
Tripping skater
 User Gallery

Re: From spit hoods to ketamine injections: The controversial police tactics highlighted by the Black Lives Matter movement [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #26926825 - 09/09/20 05:40 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tiberjuggaligger said:
In the full article they listed the guy with the spit hood. They said he was experiencing a mental health crisis but didn't elaborate. Also this guy was not injected with K.

Other sources report the autopsy was positive for pcp in his system.

In one these cases the guy was injected with ketamine and later died, the case from colorado. I think the guys name was elijah but idk if this is the same case

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: From spit hoods to ketamine injections: The controversial police tactics highlighted by the Black Lives Matter movement [Re: sk8fast]
    #26927249 - 09/09/20 09:58 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

@sk8fast:

I'm not disputing that at all. HamHead was asking specifically about the naked man in this particular article. My reply was in response to that specific question.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder