Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Just me bitching....Dammit.
    #2692072 - 05/17/04 05:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ah, how life has changed. Unable to find a job, i have been informed that my probation is violated due to the fact that i cannot find employment, and thusly cannot pay the courts. I'm being evicted tomorrow, with nowhere to go. One would assume, distasteful as the idea is, that i could live with my family for a while (altho renting another dwelling will soon be out of the question, based on a horrible credit rating and a broken lease) but no, without a job, i can't live there either.
Speaking with my (stand-in) probation officer today, she suggested that i ASK to go to jail. Stated benefits: Won't have to pay court costs, etc. Will have shelter and food.
Unstated detractions: Defaulting on various loans, 30 some-odd dollars a DAY jailing fee, and just the plain old bullshit of being locked up.

And so it all moves on. Dropped off 3 more applications today, asking with whom i should speak about the position, only to find that all the people i needed to speak with "weren't available" had "just left" or some other bullshit.
Of course the receptionist would give them the application. Fat chance i'll get a call from any of them, and when i call them next week (i figure that one week is a good period of time to wait) they'll have already filled the position.
Sometimes i think i should just walk into the office and threaten them with death if they don't hire me. Maybe that would work better.
So: Either i get a job in the next 4 days, or i go to jail, or i run from the law and become homeless and destitute. Wonderful choices, eh?
I'm so frustrated, i just want to lay down and cry until i go to sleep.
Thanks for listening.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Just me bitching....Dammit. [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #2692476 - 05/17/04 07:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

All I can say is if you're going out there and making the effort to find work then you're already more badass then a big group of people in society (welfare recipients, lazy scumbags, people with "mental" problems who get monthly checks from Uncle Sam, etc.) It seems totally unfair that you could still be jailed for being unemployed even though you've made the effort. I hope things get better for you.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Re: Just me bitching....Dammit. [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2692650 - 05/17/04 08:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks....i could probably (well, actually, definitly) get labled as mentally disabled....but i'm employable, dammit.  I can do any of these jobs...if they'd just give me a chance.

One bonus of not having money is not having ciggarettes, which means no smoking.

So at least i'm getting something out of it. :smirk:

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2695073 - 05/18/04 07:47 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Don't you know someone who will SAY you're working for them? There's lotsa ways to come up with money for fines...

If your p o says you're about to be violated, you'd better do something but you know this much. I'd move back home temporarily.

The best thing you can do might be to do your time. How much ya looking at?

Life is one battle after another for everyone. Just do the best you can & don't worry about it and yes, I have been in your shoes. good luck!

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Re: Just me bitching....Dammit. [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2696313 - 05/18/04 03:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well, i'm going to be working with my step-dad for the next few days (absolutly stone deaf plumber who got fuckin SHOT UP during vietnam...should be interesting), So there's some money. The main problem is that i can't even move back home until i have a job...so i may just be flat out homeless.
I'm considering doing the time....it's my first DWI, so i'm looking at anywhere from 0-90, altho with the judge i have, it's probably edging more towards the 90. But if thru some miracle i can find a job this week, i should be able to do everything i was supposed to do, and with a bit of luck i'll still be free.

Thanks for the reply.

--------------------

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
    #2699285 - 05/19/04 01:26 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

only 90 days?
I'd do the time so I wouldn't have to worry about it any more!

plumber's helper isn't a very glamorous job but it's a start.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Re: Just me bitching....Dammit. [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2702533 - 05/19/04 08:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah....i'm probably going to have to go that route now.

I was driving along, and somehow managed to pull in front of traffic that i would've sworn on my life (and did, if you think about it) wasn't there.
So now i don't even have the car to worry about, not to mention another misdemeanor.

And my arm hurts. Bad fucking day.

--------------------

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
    #2702782 - 05/19/04 09:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

very bad karma!

If you do go in, use the time for soul searching. Have some study books, paperbacks ready to be sent in with you so you may keep your mind sharp. I hope it's not one of those huge urban jails.

Sometimes we come to a point in our lives where things are washed away from under us and we get to start all over. Its all part of your life journey.

It may turn out to be a good thing. You know, we meet lots of interesting people in jail. You may find a way to make better money than you ever have.
Safe travels!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being