Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
The Official Cluster Busters Thread
    #26889981 - 08/20/20 12:04 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Welcome to the cluster busting thread where we discuss the use of active mushrooms (and to a lesser extent any other psychedelics that may be beneficial) to break and avoid cluster headache cycles. Personal anecdotes and strategies are encouraged to be shared. Links to information and other resources are also welcome. Questions are also encouraged however regarding dosing advice I would encourage people to speak about their own experiences rather than dispense dose advice directly. While Psilocybe species are very safe, they are still powerful in their effects so caution is always advised for new people looking to get relief from their cluster cycles.

At no point should people be advised to disregard the advice of their doctor and if someone is taking SSRI’s for other issues it’s not advisable for them to discontinue their use without first consulting a physician. I would like to keep the goal of harm reduction in mind at all times when engaging in discourse.

So with all that said let’s share and heal together :rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleReverendMyc

Re: The Official Cluster Busters Thread [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26890416 - 08/20/20 05:09 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I don’t know if this is an exact fit, but I’ll play. Just my anecdote. If it doesn’t belong here, I will move it to another post.

I very rarely get migraines but they are usually preceded by auras where I have a large zigzag or sickle shaped blind spot in the middle of my vision in one or both eyes. A bit like looking through glass with a water drop on it that bends the light around an area. These last around 3 or 4 hours, then I get an hour break before the pain starts.

I had one of these last week where a large section of my vision in my right eye was blanked out. I have been on a couple month break from microdosing and had never had the opportunity to try a microdose to treat a migraine. As I said, they are pretty rare for me, fortunately.

Welp, this time opportunity met circumstance and I took 5 volumetric micrograms of LSD in 5 drops of ethanol. Then I went back to my desk to work while I was still able. About a half hour later I realized that my vision had cleared and I never did get the rest of that migraine.

That is my extremely small sample size study.

My wife gets chronic migraines, though. She got up to 18 per month a few years ago. She has been on just about every prevention and prescription and does Botox every 4 to 6 months. Between that and starting hormones she is getting the numbers down now. She is not a very experienced psychedelic explorer, but she is certainly interested in the treatment potential. After my positive experience last week, I suspect that she will be ready to give a mushroom microdose a go the first time one shows up on a weekend.

--------------------
LAGM 2.024
Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from sclerotia or mushrooms) *Not just for stones any more
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Cluster Busters Thread [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #26890854 - 08/20/20 10:27 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

That’s a great share, glad you were able to find some relief.

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Re: The Official Cluster Busters Thread [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #26894709 - 08/23/20 02:39 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

My wife is not a psychedelic (or any drug) user at all, and has never taken a "recreational" dose of mushrooms.  Several years ago when she was having severe issues with headaches, migraines 3-4 times/week on average, she finally tried microdosing about a half gram and had pretty good results.  Seemed to really reduce the frequency of headaches for quite a while if she would take the dose on a day when she didn't have one already.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Cluster Busters Thread [Re: Forrester]
    #26898357 - 08/25/20 08:55 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

That’s a great share man! I’m not familiar with using them for migraines as I don’t get them myself but it’s interesting that the benefits are not just limited to cluster sufferers.

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

#26898840 - 08/25/20 01:47 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
That’s a great share man! I’m not familiar with using them for migraines as I don’t get them myself but it’s interesting that the benefits are not just limited to cluster sufferers.

To be more clear, she was having so many headaches at the time (different types too) it was difficult to distinguish for sure whether they were "official" migraines, clusters, or what.  I was more focused on finding anything that helped than taking notes of types.  She did notice a big help though.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflinePadrey
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Cluster Busters Thread [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #26898951 - 08/25/20 02:59 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MuthaFudpucker said:
I don’t know if this is an exact fit, but I’ll play. Just my anecdote. If it doesn’t belong here, I will move it to another post.

I very rarely get migraines but they are usually preceded by auras where I have a large zigzag or sickle shaped blind spot in the middle of my vision in one or both eyes. A bit like looking through glass with a water drop on it that bends the light around an area. These last around 3 or 4 hours, then I get an hour break before the pain starts.

I experience very similar "Floaties" hanging around my peripherals preceding a migraine / cluster headache. It's similar to looking at the sun and the remaining fragments overlaying your vision more often than not a bright white core so to speak. But it rarely lasts more than a few minutes and is always indicative of a headache coming on for me. I had a lot of problems as an adolescence with migraines on a weekly basis for several years. Ironically and unfortunately they started to subside around the same time I discovered psychedelics. But I also started to reduce the major stressors in my life at that point so I don't think psychs where the main factor.

I still experience migraines from time to time in adult life (often stress induced) but never attempted to use a micro or macro dose to alleviate. I do sometimes experience a minor headache several days after a macrodose. Unsure of correlation.

--------------------
A wise man plants trees , knowing he will never sit in their shade.

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Cluster Busters Thread [Re: Padrey]
    #26899138 - 08/25/20 05:09 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I really, really don't want to derail this thread in any way, but for those who are suffering you should really try an elimination diet

The way my wife finally got rid of ALL her types of headaches was quitting eating foods she was intolerant to.  Food intolerances are the biggest cause of any type of pain that isn't explained by a physical issue (and even many you thought were).  All my back muscle pain stopped when I quit eating gluten.  Anyway, if you're suffering it's worth checking into.

--------------------
-------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26900499 - 08/26/20 12:58 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

what kills me are french fries which I lovehate
the first few bites get me addicted, but as they pass my back teeth I get fumes that mess me up.
simmilarly beer of all kinds, and most wine as well, so yeah, food can do it.
lack of water will also tip the scales along with too much sun.

anyway, a sliver of lysergic usually helps if I first brush my teeth and drink water. Pellegrino is my fave water.

another weird thing is stiff neck induced headaches, and for that I eliminate my pillow for night time sleeping. this has fixed my stiff neck experiences by 90%.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: The Official Cluster Busters Thread [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26910702 - 08/31/20 08:12 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Migraines with photophobia. NEVER pretty and more than humbling in the fetal position. Always get a metallic taste in the back of my throat before downward spiral.

Done the whole diet thing its not yeast, chocolate, etc. Was precribed Imitrex and it made my heart race uncontrollably (not the best combo with PTSD).

1 to 2 grams usually kicks it down to manageable level but I dont really like the "in between trip" feeling but will definitely take it as a side effect. Unlike other abortive migraine meds, mushies seem to be much smoother.

Gonna try some stones to see if there is any differnce from cubes:shrug:

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Cluster Busters Thread [Re: SirTripAlot] * 1
    #26910726 - 08/31/20 08:21 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I personally find low doses to be uncomfortable, I would rather go deeper than sit in the shallows.

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
    #26917441 - 09/04/20 01:18 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I have thought about that....have to balance my trips as I use higher doses for mental health and coping. Typically these experinces hover around 3 to 4 grams, and usage is three to five times a year; never want the magic to go away and fear that increased dosage/ frequency will make other trips fade.

With that said it might be interesting  to see if differnt types of mushies have better effects( like APE, stones, woodlovers) compared to run of the mill cubes.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Cluster Busters Thread [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #26917921 - 09/04/20 06:10 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I got hit with a cluster headache last night. I was planning on dosing tomorrow but plans change. Feel a lot better today despite not sleeping last night.

Offlinepesa
Male User Gallery

#26925732 - 09/09/20 05:45 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

i will be honest about SSRI. i took zoloft/prozac for 10 years. first week is constant complain to doctors it does not work from 50g to  100g in first week to make story short as possible. zoloft takes 8 days to reach your brain and do its thing for 8 days you keep taking pills twice a day no matter what your body chemistry is but zoloft this special bitch has a chemistry on and off you go its always 8 days TO MAKE YOU COMPLETELY DEAD ZOMBIE no emotions no feelings oh yeah you can work you can fucking work your ass off even you have 4 slip discs cluster headache but you can work like a ZOMBIE and 10 years later you explode that was me punching his supervisor and that was last time i took zoloft as i thought but no.

it does not cure depression it does not fix consistent head pain, it does not do shit even at 200mg what it does Insomnia uncontrollable hunger forever hunger that was me and reading forum after forum and i came cross shroomery fucking drugs oh wait i am on drugs 8 different kind of them zoloft, prozac, valium all legal given by shrinks but they do not do shit.......that was cross roads i had pill to sleep pill to wake up pill to get pain (zoloft which does give you cluster head ache and uncontrollable heartbeat) and no pill for orgasm thats the only pill shrink couldnt find because i am pretty sure there is a lab some where that is working day and night to produce a pill for one reason only how to make people cum while they are on SSRI zoloft proazc etc look it up its real issue in modern medicine world....

so i woke up got dress went to my job gave my resignation got back and that was six years ago no account on shroomery just read for weeks i wake up i read zoloft can let you do that is it dangerous hell yeah does it fuck your mind hell yeah 200mg and you are gone pain will be there but you will not give a fuck because pasty got some grow method and you are taking notes thats all your world be.....
kitchen is on fire fuck that there is something about humidity that needs to be right or shrooms will not grow KITCHEN IS ON FIRE!!! yeah i heard you......this argument of my wife was given to shrink and this entire incident went back and forth for me leaving chicken in oven while knowing its in oven and i could not move or want to move away from laptop screen and according to shrink i need to take more.... i am on 200mg and i have to take more say no more fam,

left the shrink that day never look back did my first grow fuck it up thanx to depression my old friend got back on zoloft this old bitch of so called SSRI.

it makes you do shit but it does not take care of cluster pain, migraines and depression. it just makes you do shit you want to do and i mean if you want to kill or commit suicide hell yeah the reason i could hit my supervisor again and again zoloft the one emotion you can feel on zoloft or prozac its anger always anger because these both SSRI do not care what body chemistry you have they can make you feel anger on the level you never felt before.

i use to be computer network designer a nerd a geek who punch his superior to almost death to any shrink in the house how a person on 200mg of zoloft punch the living shit out of another human being when 200mg dosage is enough to shut down aggression center of mind?? according dosage in trials and internet is full of stories from around the world where people kill on SSRI took there life while on havey dosage of SSRI because thats what pill does they make you do shit some time you are in control some times pill are in control thats the entire fight you do in head all day while acting normal and going to shrink and reporting to him and in return you get insights which most of time in my experience SHRINKS ARE WRONG and the best way to deal with problematic case like me who keeps complaining about left side head pain never ending pain UP THE DOSAGE OF SSRI another cross roads...

did my first grow using zoloft and this time follow pasty's thread like a handbook and RR notes.
grown some combodian
dry weight 30 grams

went off the zoloft for a week, shivering got worse uncontrollable anxiety didnt have that but okay got it now. head pains to the point hit my head on walls,door till wife got hold of me lay in her lap for i do not even remember told her to leave me for i do not know how long, irritation from every thing and tiredness from lifting monster truck the same old routine of leaving zoloft at 400mg and going through same phase some people feel it less and i am in that category who feel symptoms on the worse side and side effect can get worse.

if you are taking combo pack zoloft and lithium, lithium carbonate found in cell phone and laptop battery that lithium, micro dosing it act as mood stabilizer who the fuck even thought Lithium can be safe for humans for all the kids please do not break your cellphone battery and start licking, IT FUCKING KILLS in higher dosage but it do make you feel like having orgasm forever. so the thing with prozac/zoloft taking it for a very longer period of time you will get stuck in one emotion and its up to SSRI which house you go to like harry potter movies or you will end up to the dark side like jedi movies and shrink will have to increase dosage/ report back routine. if you are stuck in happiness you will be happy at someone's death and look like a moron and shrink will tell you its okay depression can do that and the underline fuckery in your mind and we need to do more sessions say no more fam who thought doc you will be gatey way to 30g of shrooms.     

took my first dosage of mushrooms first time 30g i met my maker and he LOVES ME with all my flaws and with all my aggression thank you zoloft i will spend next tens years fixing what you put on me aggression which was not my nature but okay thats what RIGHT SSRI DOES IT GIVES YOU TOOL AND CONTROL OVER YOUR MIND.

before taking 30g

pain on lower back 10th hell
pain on neck and left shoulder 10th hell
pain on left side of head and left eye 10th hell can i drill it please let me drill ocd for 5 days and counting.
depression i can do this, i can do it i can do it just let me have any sharp object and i bet i can cut open.... in ocd 4days

brain you fucked me my whole life i gave you alchol i gave you zoloft i gave you porn i gave you food i gave orgasms but no just wanna fuck or fuck so be it shrooms can not kill me and everybody says 3g is sweet spot but fuck it.... (eating shrooms and drinking fresh lemon juice)

20 minutes feeling good, out of anxiety and pain is less, 30 minutes why i am in clouds and why its not hurting anymore, head pain....wait this is just a illusion and i am going to wake up and its all going to be normal why the hell every thing is moving, colors i can feel colors and why every thing taste like purple laughter heard a voice SINK, hang drum getting louder, SINK..... what happened afterwards was a life changing experience six years ago and after that i kept taking 8g, 10g every four days. after 30g

i didnt got cluster pain for a week mild head pain neck and shoulder pain,
will to live 10th haven all ocd under control, no more random repetitive thoughts, can listen to music and dont get stuck in head, aggression/anger zero to normal.

after that experience what shrooms can do as SSRI and cost nothing to produce compare to buying zoloft/prozac/lithium. i went in to production running six mono all time all seasons, to the point i stop measuring dosage and open bag and start eating i saw hell, i saw things that still haunts me but donot bother me like ocd does things being stuck in head does. last year i went to single mono and start micro dosing 2g every 26 hours, that works for me if i am getting cluster i take up to 4g and ride the wave, it takes usually 30 minutes to one hour for pain to come down.

i been micro dosing for second year now i take a full dosage 4g every 7 days but rest of the days 2g every 26 hours on empty stomach with fresh lemon juice laying in bed relaxing with music for 3 hours or till i get hungry.

what it does. i do not need to take a pill for sleep, work, pain, hunger. 2g is what is working for me. my initial dosage was 0.5g didnt do nothing then i jump to 1g and it was working but i was getting clusters again so i up to 2g skip the 1.5 and 1.8. the reason i take every 26 hours because like all SSRI you need to give your mind a time for recovery and reset and shrooms SSRI exit system every 24 hours and 2 hours is recovery time.

with zoloft there is no recovery its always on single wave and people with ocd and unstable mood with depression they get stuck or end up being zombie no emotions no feelings. with shrooms SSRI it lets you feel because emotions comes in wave so does mood thats why we have MOOD SWINGS a something very common among cocaine user in there withdraws they get mood swings. with shrooms SSRI if you can recognize your emotions the wheel will keep turning and you will keep feeling all emotions including anger at level you never want to experience and visualize and shrooms visual comes in wave each wave more stronger than the other.

with zoloft/prozac SSRI you will have hard time to reach to orgasm even after 40 minutes the thing is still erect and you are thinking you got some dick disease or your dick wont stand at all and you think you got erectile dysfunction with shrooms SSRI it does not happen it does the opposite it act as aphrodisiac and you will reach to orgasm in normal time but it do make the experience intense

being on shrooms SSRI i can eat normally unlike zoloft the hunger and thirst never stops and you keep eating till you are dead. looking back 10 years of zoloft and compare to six years of shrooms well what shrooms SSRI can do in one minute it take zoloft forever to do nothing, i have respect for all psychologist and no respect for shrinks both are different in nature.

OfflineVoodoo7
Observer
 User Gallery

#26937389 - 09/15/20 03:37 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Hello all. I've seen a few posts, here and elsewhere about using psilocybin to reduce chronic headaches, and lessen the frequency and severity of migraine and cluster headaches.  Has anyone tried actually taking a dose/microdose during a severe migraine or cluster headache, as a direct way to stop the headache?

I saw one post in this thread where someone did something similar with LSD, but I would really like to know about psilocybin in this regard.  What are your experiences, and what dose did you try?

Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Cluster Busters Thread [Re: Voodoo7]
    #26937443 - 09/15/20 04:04 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I did this just last week. I had been feeling like one was coming for a few days and had planned to dose the next day. However at midnight I got hit with a crushing cluster headache and I decided to dose right there. It was a pretty heavy dose as well but the pain was gone and didn’t return.

I used to be afraid to trip while having a headache, scared it would make it worse. However I find now that psilocybin really works to mitigate active pain. Even a sprained ankle or a sore throat feel better when I’m tripping I find.

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

#26937616 - 09/15/20 05:20 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

^^^ That's really good to know.  I always had the same fear for my wife that in the middle it might just make it worse, that we should probably only use for prevention.  Good to hear that.

--------------------
-------------------

InvisiblePsilyZee
I'm a teapot

Loc: Neptune
    #26937802 - 09/15/20 06:43 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

It has made my headache go away twice. Took a microdose, and in 30 minutes my head quit hurting.

--------------------
"The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight." - Joseph Campbell

Cops are always trying to buy stuff from you that you arent even selling. You may have better luck at goodwill.

Have a cookie, its on me .

:cookiemonster:

Offlinepsillyboy
Florida man
 User Gallery

Loc: In the 60's
    #26938986 - 09/16/20 12:55 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

50 years ago (14 yrs old) i had an long bout with cluster headaches (Ice pick behind the eye pain 2 or 3 times a month for over a year). Doctors were no help. Inadvertently i was given 1/2 a hit of LSD (Orange Sunshine) by a friend. Never had another cluster headache again.  It saved my life (that's how bad they were).
    I did get auras and the occasional migraine until about 2001, Then i found mushrooms. I have found that Psilocybin and LSD will short circuit a migraine in about 20-40 minutes and dosing 3 to 4 times a year keeps them at bay. I did not make the connection until i read the Cluster Busters web site a few years ago.
    On a side note i had the displeasure of watching my daughter go through 3 months of cluster headaches some lasting 2 or 3 days. She is a pharmacist and had been prescribed every migraine medication available and had been suffering this way for over a year.
    I sent her all the literature on this subject and convinced her to try LSD. I gave her 100ug LSD, 40 minutes later her headache was gone and she had a hell of a good time to boot. She still gets migraines occasionally, but no where near the frequency or severity and we have aborted several migraines since with micro doses (and full doses).
    Take this with a grain of salt but psychedelics seem to be an effective prophylaxis for cluster headache (and migraines) prevention for a large portion of people. It works.

--------------------
"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country - K. Vonnegut

“The real truth, that dare not speak itself, is that no one is in control. Absolutely no one.” ― Terence McKenna

"LSD is a psychedelic drug which occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people who have never taken it." - Timothy Leary

OfflineVoodoo7
Observer
 User Gallery

#26939117 - 09/16/20 01:55 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Forrester said:
^^^ That's really good to know.  I always had the same fear for my wife that in the middle it might just make it worse, that we should probably only use for prevention.  Good to hear that.

Thanks for your reply and experience. My girlfriend gets really bad migraines, but can't get any RX for them. I had discovered that (surprisingly to me) that if I drank too much the night before, that a microdose would clear up all the shitty feelings the next day, and I would actually feel great when otherwise I would probably just have to sit on the couch all day.

So I started wondering if it would be good for clearing up an actual migraine headache, but I'm worried to have her try it in the middle of one for fear of making it worse.  I would feel terrible about that. 

I've thought about it a lot, and I think I'll give her a small "threshold dose" at some point when she's feeling fine, so at least she knows what to expect on a smaller scale. Hope it works, nothing else seems to.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: geokills, veggie, LogicaL Chaos, Pastywhyte
2,408 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.