Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Cactus tar pellets TEK. No taste, minimal nausea * 11
    #26913079 - 09/02/20 02:05 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Hi there,

this is a quick pictorial on how to process cactus to create small tar balls /pellets, ready to swallow and easy to store.

The procedure is the following:

- Chop up and boil your cactus for several hours. Add some vinegar or citric acid, to make the solution acidic (optional).
- Using multiple different cuttings will homogenize the potency to an average ammount and create a bunch of equal doses.
  It is a lot of work, so you might want to do this procedure with multipe cuttings, to get several doses in one go.
- Repeat boiling a few times, like three times for two hours each minimum, with fresh water each time.

- Filter out the cactus chunks with a common coarse kitchen colander.
- Collect the liquids from each boil and reduce to a smaller ammount.
- Filter once again with a finer colander.

- Let the brew stand overnight in a big jar. Plantmaterial will settle down to the bottom of the jar.
- Carefully decant the clear liquid from above the setteled mud into another jar /pot.
- Pour the setteled mud into a smaller jar, add some water and let stand again for a few hours, to repeat decanting the upper liquid to the rest of the brew.

- Reduce the brew to a very small ammount.
- Once it gets a slimey sirup -like consistency stop reducing and pour the liquid into a flat dish.
- Put the dish into a warm oven to further dry it down to tar. Not too hot, maximum is 180°F / 80°C !

- Take out of the oven before it gets too hard. It is easier to scrape up while it's still hot and soft. Once it cools down it gets rock hard and a mess to scrape.
  You can re-heat and /or re-hydrate it anytime to make it soft again, though.
- Scrape it all up and unite it to one big chunk of tar.

- Powdered sugar helps a lot with the stickiness.

- Weigh your tar to get an impression of dosage.
- One foot of cactus is considered a mild to medium dose. Divide your tar-weight by the ammount of cuttings /feet you used to get the weight of a dose worth one foot.
- Split the tar in small pellets, a size that is easy to swallow just like a small pill, and roll these in powdered sugar to prevent sticking to the table /plate.

Done.

Here's a picture of a (medium to full -) dose. A small handfull of pellets, tasteless as you wash it down with water.

Enjoy.
These tar balls /pellets are ready to swallow as they are. Just down them in a gulp with some water or fruit juice.

Don't take a whole dose all at once, but spread dosing over half an hour to an hour. If you want to dose 15 tar pellets, take three of them every ten minutes. This helps a lot with possible nausea.

-

Here are a few pictures.

Ten feet of cactus, a mix of bridgesii and pachanoi, multiple phenotypes.
Despine the long spined cacti, pachanoi doesn't need to be despined but bridgesii should.

. .

All put in a big crockpot. Add some citric acid, only a tiny ammount.
Full boil and filtering with a colander.

Filtering with a finer colander and reducing to an ammount that fits into a big jar.

Let the brew stand overnight to make the remaining plantmaterial settle down.

. . .

Finally reduce to a sirup -like consistency.

Pour the sirup into flat evaping dish(es) and put these in warm oven.

The resulting tar.

. . .

One dose of pellets worth 1.3 feet, ended up beeing visually as strong as ~125mics of LSD.

:sun: :heart: :thumbup:

-

Edited by Pandemoon (01/04/22 03:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemr. whothehell
Stranger

Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: Pandemoon]
    #26913092 - 09/02/20 02:36 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

it's first time that I heard that but it sound cool so I'll give it a try.

can I ask you why don't you put the cactus chopped Pisces in to a blander ?

Edited by mr. whothehell (09/02/20 02:38 AM)

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: mr. whothehell] * 1
    #26913096 - 09/02/20 02:56 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

If you blend cactus it will create a slimey goo that is hard to filter. Big chunks can be filtered out easily with a common colander.
A blender creates microparticles that you don't want nor need to ingest.

Mescaline and the other alkaloids are completly water soluble, so boiling bigger chunks gets all the alkaloids without having too much plantparticles in the brew.

-

Offlineszubsa
Stranger
    #26913233 - 09/02/20 06:38 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I just harvested a 48 cm piece that weights 680 grams. I intend to let it remain lying in the dark for about 3 months. Meanwhile I break my head on how to consume it.

I did alcohol extractions in the past but have serious doubts whether alcohol is a good solvent. Anyway the remaining tar was only a few grams and could easily be swallowed. Nevertheless I always had strong nausea and stomach pains.

I also made tar, grounded it into small pieces and swallowed it. The problem was that I needed a lot of liquid to get it down. Since it was significantly more tar than with the alcohol extractions. The result was a stomach full of water, water that somehow remained in my stomach and didn't pass through. I could feel the water swinging around in my stomach when walking. Eventually I had to vomit and puked out most of the tar. Resulting in only a mild effect.

The best idea I came up with so far is separating the green layer from the light green/white inner flesh, boiling both separately and than drink the tea from the green tissue first. Drinking the rest later on, if I can pull it off. This way I at least have the best parts in my system.

But since I only have 680 grams, and reading your post, I wonder if I should give the tar another try. Don't you have the problem with needing too much liquid to get it down your throat?

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: szubsa]
    #26915453 - 09/03/20 11:40 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

It's like small pills.. you can down it with a sip or a gulp of water, whatever you need..

I always swallow two or three of these pellets an oce with a big gulp of water.
So I never needed more than two or three cups of water in total to down a full dose of tar. :shrug:

-

Offlineszubsa
Stranger
    #26915634 - 09/03/20 12:48 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

2-3 cups still seems quite a lot to me. If 1 cup is 200-250 ml. I hope  the tea from the green tissue isn't more than 100-150 ml and I can drink it in 1 gulp so that I have everything in me before becoming fully aware of the horrible taste.

You mentioned not swallowing all tar at once. But knowing myself I think that may be a problem for me. My stomach may not be as strong as yours. After getting nauseous from the first pellets only thinking about swallowing more may make me want to vomit. The tar dissolves slowly in the stomach and once my brain knows I took something poisonous it may block further absorption of the stomach content. I believe that to be the reason why I had a bad experience with the tar and is the reason why I prefer to get it all down at once.

But I still have about 3 more months to think about what I will do. Thanks for your reply.

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: szubsa]
    #26915646 - 09/03/20 12:52 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Well, the more you take at once the more nauseous reacts the stomache.

And two cups (0.5L) is not much if spread over one hour.

A cactus tea can be any ammount. The more you boil it down, the smaller the ammount.
You can reduce five doses to a small shotglass if you like, so one dose per gulp is no problem.
But the more concentrated it is the worse the taste and the slimyer the texture. It's like slimey sirup.

-

Edited by Pandemoon (09/03/20 01:11 PM)

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Loc: the womb
Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: Pandemoon] * 2
    #26915712 - 09/03/20 01:31 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I wanna hug you so bad rn  :awepreciation: thx for the thorough tek*

Edit: tek, not tea lol

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

Edited by Psicomb (09/03/20 08:20 PM)

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: Psicomb]
    #26916211 - 09/03/20 06:58 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

:grin:

--------------------

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: szubsa] * 3
    #26916363 - 09/03/20 08:37 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

If you are getting too nauseous what you need is therapeutic grade lemon essential oil.  Just 5 drops into lemonade sipped will prevent nausea very effectively.

Invisiblebob5

Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: flickedbic]
    #26935321 - 09/14/20 02:34 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks very much for the Tek!
After -

'Let the brew stand overnight to make the remaining plant-material settle down.'

. . .
> > >
Do you decant the liquid and discard the settled plant matter in the bottom of the glass?
cheers,

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: bob5]
    #26935391 - 09/14/20 03:20 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Yes.

I fill the settled plantmatter again into a smaller jar, add some fresh water and let it again stand for a couple of hours. Then decant again.
Just to get the last bit of water out, to minimize the loss.

-

OfflineNonagon Infinity
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Polygondwanaland
    #26936262 - 09/15/20 01:26 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Great information. I have a couple of questions:

1. I have some cactus stored in jars that were dehydrated and ground into a fine powder for long-term storage. I think I'm finally ready to try it. Would I be able to start with boiling this powder and still get the same results, or would you recommend a different tek at this point?

2. Weighing your dosage on a scale seems like a remarkably convenient way to know exactly how much you're taking. I see that 10 feet produced about 90 grams of tar in your results. As you mentioned, one foot of cactus is considered a common mild dosage. So, for your tar, you would take about 9 grams of tar for a common mild dosage. Is that pretty consistent, or does the mass of the tar vary widely every time you do the tek?

Thanks again for sharing this. Looks like just what I need (hopefully).

--------------------
Nonagon Infinity Opens the Door

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: Nonagon Infinity] * 1
    #26936491 - 09/15/20 07:26 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

1) Sure you can use cactus powder. Just boil it like you would boil fresh cactus.
Filtering the powder out is a bit more tricky, though. Gravity filtering, as mentioned above, is the best method to easily filter out everything.

2) No, the ammount of "tar per foot" varies from batch to batch. But not too much. Last time it was like 10.5g per foot, all batches made this way have ended up beeing around ~10g per "foot".
(I use different cuttings all the time. Skinny, fat, different phenotypes.. it gets homogenized during the process but it might affect the resulting volume of the tar)

-

Edited by Pandemoon (09/15/20 10:26 AM)

OfflineNonagon Infinity
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Polygondwanaland
    #26936797 - 09/15/20 10:52 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Awesome, thanks so much for the great info!

--------------------
Nonagon Infinity Opens the Door

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Loc: USA
Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: Nonagon Infinity]
    #26936859 - 09/15/20 11:27 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Great tek, awesome pictures. Just posting here for easy future reference.

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: Pandemoon] * 1
    #26937079 - 09/15/20 01:32 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Nice write up/tek :thumbup: .

I've reduced my teas down into a tar/putty a few times over the years. Def is a lot easier to dose little bits/balls of tar/putty versus drinking the tea, as far as dealing with the taste.

The times I've dosed cactus with tar/putty I usually do so over a period of about 20 minutes or so (for about 1.5ft of cactus). I use a very small amount of water or juice to swallow & wash them down, I intentionally use as little liquid as needed to wash them down, just a little sip or two is all that's needed for me to swallow the little bits of tar/putty.

The only differences I've noticed between the tar/putty and the tea....The tea comes on a bit quicker and I feel it also has a bit more bio-availability, the tar comes on a bit more slowly and can still cause a stomach load during the first couple hours. No major differences between the two in my experience tho, besides the tar/putty being MUCH much easier to swallow lol. There is virtually no taste with the tar/putty if one swallows right lol, just a little bitter but no where near as bitter or pungent in flavor like the tea is.

The tar/putty is good for long term storage too. I've never held onto any for more than a year or so but I imagine it will stay active for a long time.

-OM

--------------------

Invisiblebob5

Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: openmind]
    #26937649 - 09/15/20 05:38 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Do you notice more/less nausea with the tar than with a tea?
cheers,
B

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: bob5]
    #26939098 - 09/16/20 01:47 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bob5 said:
Do you notice more/less nausea with the tar than with a tea?
cheers,
B

I haven't dosed with the tar many times to give a solid answer on that, I don't have much experience with cactus/mescaline in general (maybe 10 sessions with it over the past 10+ years where the tea or tar was potent enough for a full on trip)....

....but I'll say that the times I've dosed the tar/putty I didn't have any more or less nausea than tea :shrug: . I feel the potential for a load on the stomach/gut & nausea is similar between the two.

I've def had a bit of a "load" on my stomach one of the times I did the tar, not full on nausea but just where I could feel a "load" in my stomach/gut that was a bit uncomfortable. Made my stomach/gut feel "heavy" & loaded, kinda cramped & tight, like I could feel the tar just sitting in there lol. It wasn't anything severe tho. After 2 to 3 hours the stomach load usually starts to fade for me with tea & tar. The few times I've puked or come close to it, it's usually around 90 minutes or so after dosing. I think I've only puked once from cactus, I felt really really good as soon as I was done puking :yesnod: lol .

Tea comes on a bit quicker so that can contribute to the nausea. Since I feel a lot of the nausea is from the mescaline itself & other active components in the cactus, when the actives go into one's system more rapidly that might cause a bit more potential for nausea/puking. And there's also the "psychological" aspect of drinking something bitter & foul tasting, for some that might also contribute to more nausea.

From my experience tho, I can't say either is worse than the other in the area of nausea/stomach load.

Tar/putty is def much easier to get down though.

-OM

--------------------

Invisiblebob5

Re: Cactus tar pellets. No taste, minimal nausea [Re: openmind]
    #26939599 - 09/16/20 06:13 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Great news. Thanks!

Maybe something could be drunk to help the tar dissolve easier..

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates