Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
MindMed Announces First-Ever Clinical Trial Combining MDMA and LSD * 2
    #26899637 - 08/26/20 12:44 AM (30 days, 2 hours ago)

MindMed Announces First-Ever Clinical Trial Combining MDMA and LSD

But you'll have to go to Switzerland to participate.

Post published:August 25, 2020

Audio (7m45s long)

MindMed is funding a Phase 1 Clinical Trial at University Hospital Basel Liechti Lab

NEW YORK, Aug. 25, 2020 /CNW/ — Mind Medicine (MindMed) Inc. (NEO: MMED OTCQB: MMEDF), the leading neuro-pharmaceutical company for psychedelic inspired medicines and the University Hospital Basel’s Liechti Lab are now combining MDMA and LSD in a groundbreaking Phase 1 clinical trial. The Phase 1 MDMA-LSD trial is scheduled to start in Q4 of this year in Basel, Switzerland.

Combined MDMA-LSD treatments have the potential to create next-generation psychedelic assisted therapy paradigms. When added to a psychedelic assisted therapy session, MDMA has the potential to reduce some known rare negative side effects that may occur while using LSD or other classic psychedelics on their own. It has been shown that classic psychedelics such as psilocybin and LSD can sometimes induce short-term unpleasant effects for patients during a psychedelic assisted therapy session. These symptoms may include negative thoughts, rumination, panic and paranoia.

MDMA, an empathogen, is known to acutely induce feelings of increased well-being and trust. By combining LSD and MDMA within the same session, the Liechti Lab and MindMed are evaluating if the combination produces greater overall positive acute effects when compared to LSD or MDMA on their own. MDMA may reduce some of the negative mood effects of LSD and make the patient more comfortable during psychedelic-assisted therapy.

University Hospital Basel’s Liechti Lab’s Dr. Matthias Liechti stated: “The potential of MDMA-LSD is to create a psychological state that may have the benefits of both substances and have longer lasting effects than standalone psilocybin or LSD. Inducing an overall primarily positive acute response during psychedelic assisted therapy is critical because several studies showed that a more positive acute experience is linked to a greater therapeutic long-term effect in patients.”

MindMed is interested in understanding how to balance these compounds in a cohesive way to create better patient outcomes and develop more advanced psychedelic assisted therapies as it expands both its R&D and commercial drug development pipeline.

President of MindMed, Dr. Miri Halperin Wernli added, “A new treatment paradigm combining MDMA and LSD may enhance the positive effects of LSD by inducing a positive psychological state with MDMA which is an empathogen to help counteract some known negative or less positive aspects of LSD or psilocybin. With this innovative treatment paradigm, we are looking to bring the participants outside the bounds of their everyday perceptions, bringing their mind into a very flexible state of mind facilitating new states of consciousness. This will provide the opportunity to step outside their usual sense of self and experience themselves from a radically different and new perspective.”

The Phase 1 Clinical Trial is intended to take around one year to complete.  If MindMed finds the results promising, the company may decide to undertake further studies with treatments combining MDMA and LSD, and prepare patient trials for various indications.

More details on the Phase 1 trial can be found here : https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04516902

About MindMed

Mind Medicine (MindMed) Inc. is a neuro-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and deploys psychedelic-inspired medicines to improve health, promote wellness and alleviate suffering. The company has initiated or is initiating studies to evaluate potential treatments to help patients with ADHD, anxiety, cluster headaches and substance abuse. The MindMed executive team brings extensive biopharmaceutical industry experience to this groundbreaking approach to the development of next-generation psychedelic medicines. MindMed trades on the NEO Exchange under the symbol MMED. MindMed can also be traded in the US under the symbol OTCQB: MMEDF and in Germany under the symbol DE:MMQ. For more information: www.mindmed.co.

MindMed Forward-Looking Statements

This press release includes forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties relating to future events and performance of Mind Medicine (MindMed) Inc. (“MindMed”), and actual events or results may differ materially from these forward-looking statements. Words such as “anticipate,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “believe,” “seek,” “estimate,” variations of such words, and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. These statements concern, and these risks and uncertainties include, among others, MindMed’s and its collaborators’ ability to continue to conduct research and clinical programs, MindMed’s ability to manage its supply chain, product sales of products marketed by MindMed and/or its collaborators (collectively, ” Products”), and the global economy; the nature, timing, and possible success and therapeutic applications of Products and Product candidates and research and clinical programs now underway or planned; the likelihood, timing, and scope of possible regulatory approval and commercial launch of Product candidates and new indications for Products; unforeseen safety issues resulting from the administration of Products and Product candidates in patients, including serious complications or side effects in connection with the use of MindMed’s Products and product candidates in clinical trials; determinations by regulatory and administrative governmental authorities which may delay or restrict MindMed’s ability to continue to develop or commercialize Products; ongoing regulatory obligations and oversight impacting Products, research and clinical programs, and business, including those relating to patient privacy; uncertainty of market acceptance and commercial success of Products and Product candidates and the impact of studies on the commercial success of Products and Product candidates; the availability and extent of reimbursement of Products from third-party payers, including private payer healthcare and insurance programs, health maintenance organizations, pharmacy benefit management companies, and government programs such as Medicare and Medicaid; competing drugs and product candidates that may be superior to Products and Product candidates; the extent to which the results from the research and development programs conducted by MindMed or its collaborators may be replicated in other studies and lead to therapeutic applications; the ability of MindMed to manufacture and manage supply chains for multiple products and product candidates; the ability of MindMed’s collaborators, suppliers, or other third parties (as applicable) to perform manufacturing, filling, finishing, packaging, labelling, distribution, and other steps related to MindMed’s Products and product candidates; unanticipated expenses; the costs of developing, producing, and selling products; the ability of MindMed to meet any of its financial projections or guidance and changes to the assumptions underlying those projections or guidance; the potential for any license or collaboration agreement to be cancelled or terminated without any further product success; and risks associated with intellectual property of other parties and pending or future litigation relating thereto, other litigation and other proceedings and government investigations relating to MindMed and its operations, the ultimate outcome of any such proceedings and investigations; and the impact any of the foregoing may have on MindMed’s business, prospects, operating results, and financial condition. Any forward-looking statements are made based on management’s current beliefs and judgment. MindMed does not undertake any obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement.

This news release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any of the securities in the United States. The securities of the Company will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “U.S. Securities Act, and may not be offered or sold within the United States or to, or for the account or benefit of U.S. persons except in certain transactions exempt from the registration requirements of the U.S. Securities Act)

SOURCE Mind Medicine (MindMed) Inc.

For further information: Media: Anna Walsh, mindmedpr@pacepublicrelations.com, 212-254-4730; or Investor Relations: invest@mindmed.co, http://www.mindmed.co/
Related Links

http://www.mindmed.co/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: MindMed Announces First-Ever Clinical Trial Combining MDMA and LSD [Re: sonoramo]
    #26900327 - 08/26/20 01:10 PM (29 days, 13 hours ago)

Neat...Definitely interesting to hear this is being done. I've thought about if/when some research/trials might look into the pairing of MDMA with a psychedelic.

I feel there is soooo so so much more therapeutic value/potential that lays within the combination of MDMA with mushrooms/psilocin though. Tremendously so!

I know I'm just projecting my own personal experiences here and the same isn't the case for everyone...but as one who has explored various combinations of psychedelics together and/or with MDMA over the years, one who has done both MDMA & LSD and MDMA & mushrooms a few dozen times each over the past 12-ish years or so.....

....I've found MDMA with LSD to be kinda shallow and lacking any inherent "direction" to the experience and not really having much therapeutic value/potential. I find there to be ZERO synergy between MDMA & LSD. I basically just become spun & high :weirdeyes: . No introspection, no reflection, no trains of thought about anything, no thoughts going in a certain direction. The head-space is kinda "scattered" and stimmed up, hard to stay on one line of thought for long. With MDMA & LSD I'm just basically soaking in a bunch of energy/euphoria and that's about it. I find each of them by themselves to have a lot more therapeutic potential than when they're taken together.

I feel there is absolutely no "soul" or "spirit" or "essence" or "magic" to the combination/experience of MDMA & LSD for me...It feels sterile and empty to me...When taken together I just don't really get much out of the experience and don't find that they have synergy/pair well together. I don't have a "bad time", but the combination just doesn't feel like it has all that much therapeutic value IME....at least no where near on par with the potential that MDMA with mushrooms has for me.

With MDMA & mushrooms together, I feel it is much deeper & more wholesome and has tremendous therapeutic potential. I find they actually have synergy together and mesh together very well into a unique experience.

IME with these things over the past 12 years or so, nothing else comes anywhere close to being as "therapeutic" & cathartic & healing as MDMA+Mushrooms.....Way more synergy between the two, together they actually have a "soulful" feel IME. The head space is so much slower and way more mellow & down to earth compared to MDMA+LSD, enough so that I can think clearly and hold onto one train of thought. There's actually some direction to the experience as I find myself getting into deep trains of thought/reflecting on things/issues/traumas in my life. The head-space is slow and calm enough that I'm able to think and pick apart my thoughts & feelings and really sort things out. It's all of the deep introspection & reflection of the mushrooms along with the MDMA totally melting away all shame and anxiety and bringing some clarity of mind, neither takes away anything from the other, it is such an immense combination!...By far the most loved up/empathetic combination ever. The epitome of feeling tranquil & calm & "safe".

-OM

--------------------

OfflineYukon Cornelius
Bumble Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Peppermint Mines
Re: MindMed Announces First-Ever Clinical Trial Combining MDMA and LSD [Re: sonoramo] * 1
    #26900339 - 08/26/20 01:20 PM (29 days, 13 hours ago)

Love the intent behind this research and bringing psychedelics into the mainstream. However I have major doubts about the way these kinds of studies go about developing their methods and validating data.

It's difficult enough to research these compounds and their effects on psychopharmacological activity in isolation, let alone combined.

Neat idea though, definitely a step in the right direction.

--------------------
"I didn't know chicken's wore suspenders" - Towelie

Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
Re: MindMed Announces First-Ever Clinical Trial Combining MDMA and LSD [Re: openmind]
    #26900597 - 08/26/20 03:39 PM (29 days, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
With MDMA & mushrooms together, I feel it is much deeper & more wholesome and has tremendous therapeutic potential. I find they actually have synergy together and mesh together very well into a unique experience.

IME with these things over the past 12 years or so, nothing else comes anywhere close to being as "therapeutic" & cathartic & healing as MDMA+Mushrooms.....

I've heard stories about people with really hard anxieties, who are "immune" to classical psychedelics or else who have nothing but "bad" trips. My close relative (no names here!) has profound anxieties, and pretty much no reaction to 1g of dried mushrooms. So I wasn't willing to try this person on higher doses without therapeutic support; I was worried that the dose would have to be high and then nothing but terror would emerge. My other reading relative to this topic suggests that MDMA could be kind of "prep work" for mushrooms or LSD to support someone in that kind of situation. The patient/client/traveler processes fears and anxieties through MDMA and comes to acceptance and peace. This continues for multiple journeys to process the surface issues they know are holding them back. Then, once clear of the known issues, comes the deeper dive with the mushrooms to expose what's underneath all that.

So I think it's interesting that you used MDMA and mushrooms at the same time. Were these guided experiences, with a therapist, a shaman? Did you have any support during the work?

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: MindMed Announces First-Ever Clinical Trial Combining MDMA and LSD [Re: sonoramo]
    #26905533 - 08/29/20 09:03 AM (26 days, 18 hours ago)

This is wonderful news! The most profoundly & positively life-altering experience I’ve ever had on psychedelics was one time combining LSD & MDMA. Spent the next several months in hands down the best mental, emotional & spiritual space I’ve ever been in my life. Whole lot of potential here.

--------------------

Offlinesk8fast
Tripping skater
 User Gallery

Re: MindMed Announces First-Ever Clinical Trial Combining MDMA and LSD [Re: Dark_Star]
    #26915754 - 09/03/20 04:05 PM (21 days, 11 hours ago)

I've had wonderful experiences with 5-mapb and lsd, much better than mdma. Amd to sonoramo ive never felt just 1g of dried mushrooms, I've never felt anything under 2g unless they were penis envy. I can kind of feel 15 grams of fresh mushrooms though but its barely perceptible

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service