Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Microscope, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEuropeanVW
Stranger
Sterilizing Jars Long Before Innoculation
    #2691105 - 05/17/04 02:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I plan on sterilizing 6 pint jars using a pressure cooker at 15 psi for an hour. The substrate I will be using is popcorn. I plan on using Tyvek under the lid, with a 3/8" hole drilled in the middle to allow airflow. I then plan on drilling four other holes for innoculation, and wrapping the jars in two coffee filters tightly.

Should I tape up the four holes for innoculation before adding the coffee filters and pressure cooking?

And also, after pressure cooking, if I didn't tape the holes up before hand, I will do so afterwards. Now to the main question. If I sterilized the jars ahead of time, could I keep them in a nice clean area for an extended period of time without fear of contamination or any other problems?

I ask this because my mom doesn't work doing the summer, and I'd like to be able to pressure cook the jars before she is done with work. That way when I do aquire my syringe, I will already have a head start on it.

Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Re: Sterilizing Jars Long Before Innoculation [Re: EuropeanVW]
    #2691187 - 05/17/04 02:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

EuropeanVW said:
I ask this because my mom doesn't work doing the summer, and I'd like to be able to pressure cook the jars before she is done with work.
Thanks.

Not to be a party pooper, but you're not going to get many positive responses when you openly state you are growing in your parents house against their will, except from other kids growing in their folks houses. If you were to get caught, it's her ass. And you are also putting this community at risk as well. I hope when you are self-sufficient enough to live on your own you have wonderful success with your project.

--------------------

OfflineJiggly
still learnin'
Loc: CT, USA
Re: Sterilizing Jars Long Before Innoculation [Re: mockeylock]
    #2691213 - 05/17/04 02:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

its her ass? put the comunity at risk, but i thought we all bought spores for microscopic research only? :grin:

OfflineDr. Greenthumb
HipHopHead 4Life

Re: Sterilizing Jars Long Before Innoculation [Re: EuropeanVW]
    #2691348 - 05/17/04 03:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I think with popcorn you only need one hole for innocing then shake it up. Less holes = less chance of contam.

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Loc: Throughout the world
Re: Sterilizing Jars Long Before Innoculation [Re: Jiggly]
    #2691487 - 05/17/04 03:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Jiggly said:
its her ass? put the comunity at risk, but i thought we all bought spores for microscopic research only? :grin:

Well I would say from his post its pretty apparent that he is not getting the spores for microscopic research,considering he is asking cultivation advice.
And more importantly people under the age of 18 years old are not even suppose to be on this site.Its a violation of the rules.

Maybe when your done stealing moms credit card you should read the rules you agreed to when you entered since your probably under 18 as well.
You cant be more selfish than to risk everything your parents worked for in thier lives so you can have a few grams of mushrooms.After all if your a minor youll probably just get probation while your parents can loose there property.Very selfish indeed. :frown: :shake:

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

Edited by ButterNut (05/17/04 03:57 PM)

OfflineEuropeanVW
Stranger
Re: Sterilizing Jars Long Before Innoculation [Re: ButterNut]
    #2692686 - 05/17/04 08:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I am eighteen actually. And I apoligize for wanting to grow in my parents house.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Microscope, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation