Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) * 5
    #26907112 - 08/30/20 07:27 AM (24 days, 59 minutes ago)

COVID-19 situation of August 30, 2020 when this PART 2 was started:

On Request, this is PART II of the COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic, the one that focusses on the latter months of 2020 and the first months of 2021, wherein especially duruing the flu/cold/pneumonia season of the northern hemisphere a Second Wave is anticipated, that doesn't start in Wuhan, China, but in every city of the world.

Please keep your posts ontopic and CHANGE YOUR VIEWS IF NEW EVIDENCE OVERTAKES THEM.

Though posted in The Pub this is NOT a social thread but a thread aimed at informing the general Shroomery membership of a serious health hazard in progress amidst a sea of deliberate misinformation, conflicting data and professional articles packed with lingo not really fathomable by the general public.

To do this effectively, this thread will actively stifle sources of misinformation or off-topic babble to present a clear narrative to the membership.

The old thread had 15,000 posts of which about 3,000, one in five, added contributions of substance. Please let us make this thread one high in information dense posts and not full of posts that are dense because the poster was high :wink:

THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR POLITICS, CONSPIRACY THEORIES OR OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION.

ONLY ACTUAL MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS AND QUALIFIED RESEARCHERS MAY IDENTIFY AS SUCH.

Inquisitive posts are welcome but do your homework by studying this thread and, to an extent, the one before.

This thread is a STEP UP from a Pub thread but a STEP DOWN from a science forum thread. Still make abundant use of reference links to your source paterial, if available. Let's make this thread a crossroads of all major sources of correct information from all over the Internet. That benefits us all.

Posts of great merit from PART 1 may be grafted into this thread, but they most show the date they were posted originally. You need not be the original poster of this content.

Please be SENSIBLE, KIND, POLITE, FORTHCOMING and INTELLECTUALLY HONEST in your posting.

If you abuse this thread or are too disruptive for it you will get a VIEW DENY sanction that vanishes the thread from your topics list. This is irreversable, undisputable and has no other consequences such as ban points and no adverse note on your record is made of it to haunt you elsewhere. That is not severe censorship but the most gentle form of moderation.

The Original PART 1 of this thread (stickied January 27, 2020) of almost 15,000 posts, packed with valuable information is:
COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic

The gold standard of where COVID is at in the US and the world is:
COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

The gold standard of current medical advice regarding COVID is:
World Health Organization CORONAVIRUS Page

A thread on What Foods To Get and the ins and outs of bugging in for lockdown:
What Foods To Go For In A COVID-19 Store Dash

1 month supplies recommendations & survival manuals download thread (Members Only):
PREPAREDNESS - Asante's 1 month home survivability minimum recommendation.

Quote:

:biohazard:

MODERATION NOTICE:

One of the mission statements of the Shroomery is to stop the spread of dangerous misinformation. Initially this pertained to the substances we voluntarily put into our bodies, but COVID-19 is something that may involuntarily end up in the bodies of our members and their loved ones.

The media are a mess of propaganda and the Internet is a jungle which someone not versed in medical lingo and medical principles can easily get lost in.

Because some Shroomerites depend on this thread to help them make sense of the actual situation and what best to do - we will moderate this thread more strictly now and will issue post deny's to the more disruptive members.

Its OK to differ in opinion but we must ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION here.

The preferred moderating action will be a View Deny for repeat offenders.

The PART 1 of this very important and initially highly information dense thread was devolving into a dumpster fire, to the detriment of all who have a vested interest in this thread to be a collective voice of reason in making sense of what to do in these times.

Lets drop the offtopic, the conspiracy theories and the assigning of blame and focus on purifying our understanding, each by interacting with those voices in the discussion we have confidence in.

This thread may SHORTEN THE R.I.P THREAD OF 2021.

Let's NOT mess that up.

:biohazard:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :gold:  :silver:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Asante] * 2
    #26907121 - 08/30/20 07:46 AM (24 days, 39 minutes ago)

This post is in honor of the Shroomerites, and Family and Friends of Shroomerites, who died of COVID-19 or its aftermath, either Directly or Indirectly, the ones we know of and the ones we will never know of.

They are engraved in our loving rememberance, and forever engraved into the fabric of the Universe, having emerged in it, to return to it.

Let us let go of our disagreements and remember the goodness of who they were, most of all.

We owe the Universe their acquaintance, or in the case of parents or grandparents our very existence, may we forever remember them, now and perhaps beyond death, if such exists.

Let us feel the grief to the fullest, so it pours out its emotional content into our awareness, and we can start our journey back to feeling better again.

Eternity knows their name - forever part of the Cosmic Mystery.

Lacrimosa - in memory of those no longer with us:

/center>

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Asante] * 1
    #26907122 - 08/30/20 07:47 AM (24 days, 39 minutes ago)

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Asante] * 2
    #26907123 - 08/30/20 07:47 AM (24 days, 39 minutes ago)

Licensed Medical Professionals of this thread

This post offers medical professionals who are active in this thread a chance to go "on the record" about which field of medicine they are active in. Its a kind of "Trusted Identifier" list of people who have received education and training to deal with medical situations, that leads to an educated opinion about the matter at hand. Please do NOT PM these people with medicval questions or bog them down otherwise as they will have their hands full mentally and physically. Trained nurses, pharmacists, ER, ICU and Covid Ward personnel, any trained professional, active or retired, can qualify by actively participating and sending Asante a PM stating they want in this list and, in short, their expertise.

Giving false information, so impersonating a medical professional, will be sanctioned was an Illegal Post, with a sitewide ban duration of 3 months or longer. We need to know our experts from our hobby researchers.

Quote:

Morrowasted

Edited by Asante (09/01/20 07:26 AM)

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Asante]
    #26907157 - 08/30/20 08:51 AM (23 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

Morrowasted said 22/07/20:

Quote:

find out if your patients tried to self medicate before they ended up there and with what.

most of the people who are sick enough to be hospitalized aren't the type to engage in preventative health practices. so other than ibuprofen/tylenol/robitussin after they already feel sick, no. I take 30mg zinc/1000mg vitamin C/5000IU vitamin D. I also drink one of these bad boys every day

carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, celery, cherries, blueberries, grapes, pineapple, beet, banana, yogurt, canned black beans, tomatoes, protein powder... i mix it up a bit here and there, like if they happen to have cheap mangoes one week, but those are the staples.
does it help me not get covid? I dunno. doubt it. that's probably mostly the mask and handwashing and not hanging out with groups of people in close quarters. It'll probably help me stave off cancer and heart disease though

if you do develop a covid cough, robitussin probably isn't a good idea. won't do shit for the cough and arguably causes a mild increase in O2 demand by your tissues

--------------------

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Asante] * 1
    #26907160 - 08/30/20 08:55 AM (23 days, 23 hours ago)

Dr John Campbell discusses the science behind the protective effect of supplemental Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) in the 40% of white people who are Vit D deficient and the 80% of black people in the US who are Vit D deficient,

You need Vit D3 and about 5000 units of it a day.

Basically, a large number of the people who need hospital care because of COVID-19 have vitamin D deficiencies and, based on knowledge from other respiratory infections, people who supplement vitamin D3 (not D2) will tend to have a better outcome than those who's vitamin D falls short, and the darker your skin is or the less sunlight your skin receives, the less vitamin D your body makes and the more likely you are to be deficient.

Critical Care COVID-19 Management Protocol [MARIK]

--------------------

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Asante]
    #26909071 - 08/31/20 06:57 AM (23 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

Psion said:
https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/cdc-94-of-covid-19-deaths-had-underlying-medical-conditions-08-30-2020

clearly trying to make it sound like the coronavirus isn't deadly here, that it's just another cold. "oh, these people didn't die of the virus, they died of other stuff! nothing to see here guys!"

=.= the CDC has really gone downhill ever since it's been pretty much taken over by the trump administration. case numbers reported immediately started going down immediately ever since they took over the tracking, pretty much to the very day - its now at about half the average from the day it was taken over. i dunno about you, but i don't think america has miraculously gotten good at quarantining and mask use, especially on the very day they took over the handling of the reporting of cases. maybe im just pessimistic. :rolleyes:

then there's the whole "no quarantining for 14 days after traveling" thing advice anymore from them. it's like they deliberately are trying to kill americans here. it's... terrifying really.

--------------------

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

#26909076 - 08/31/20 07:02 AM (23 days, 1 hour ago)

Yes Psion, the CDC is no longer among the links to reliable resources, their data has been politicized by the Trump administration.

8 offtopic responses were removed. a bad start.

--------------------

Edited by Asante (08/31/20 07:03 AM)

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
    #26910277 - 08/31/20 07:28 PM (22 days, 12 hours ago)

LOL

at every step they gave info that spread the virus at the most critical times

fuck the CDC

Invisiblecannabinated

#26910279 - 08/31/20 07:29 PM (22 days, 12 hours ago)

I dont blame foreigners for not understanding how evil our country is

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: cannabinated]
    #26910280 - 08/31/20 07:30 PM (22 days, 12 hours ago)

or maybe it was just the CDC who released it and the WHO spread it

InvisiblePerusha_Kyuden

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: cannabinated]
    #26910315 - 08/31/20 07:42 PM (22 days, 12 hours ago)

the cdc kills certain key employees before dumping them in a ditch and reporting missing

--------------------
Master of none

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Perusha_Kyuden]
    #26910322 - 08/31/20 07:43 PM (22 days, 12 hours ago)

CIADC

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #26910326 - 08/31/20 07:44 PM (22 days, 12 hours ago)

it has to be the CIA that did this tho

i bet we will find out in about 400 pages

InvisiblePerusha_Kyuden

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Perusha_Kyuden]
    #26910353 - 08/31/20 07:50 PM (22 days, 12 hours ago)

look man, the spartans used to kill babies in what is called infanticide. ok.

Covid 19 is not like cleaning the house thoe. unfortunately, people are convinced that because of science they have grasped any sort of understanding on what ever concerned topic for example.

Covid 19 is an immunity response to the industrialization of existence- born-pollutants just like me and you and our tool-like parents and all their fake pictures

The elites are fucking saddhus man, theyve got a nice pool, horny bitches, they smoke better pot than you listen, I WANT SOME FUCKING BLOOD AND I DONT CARE IF I HAVE TO KILL MY NEIGHBOUR MAN

--------------------
Master of none

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Perusha_Kyuden] * 2
    #26910368 - 08/31/20 07:55 PM (22 days, 12 hours ago)

CIA

Invisiblecannabinated

#26910369 - 08/31/20 07:56 PM (22 days, 12 hours ago)

asshat

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #26910469 - 08/31/20 08:39 PM (22 days, 11 hours ago)

Just spoke with my friend on a vent who had a pulmonary embolism following covid19 infection via facetime with the help of a staff member. He was so heavily sedated and sick that I doubt he knew I was talking to him but it was... nice isn't the right word... good to be able to at least say some things. Sucks that they couldn't be said in person.

BTW Asante you can put me on your "trained medical professionals" list. I'll shoot you a PM with proof.

Onlinegopher
Egg hatcher
I'm a teapot

#26910475 - 08/31/20 08:40 PM (22 days, 11 hours ago)

If I put on a k95 and it fogs up my glasses when I breath, does that mean theres a gap at the top?

--------------------
In essence, your body knows better than the experts how much salt it needs--and telling someone to restrict their salt intake is akin to telling someone to restrict their water intake when they are thirsty. It just makes no biological sense.

The salt fix -- James DiNicolantonio -- Doctor of pharmacy and cardiovascular research scientist

:kratom:

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: gopher]
    #26910499 - 08/31/20 08:55 PM (22 days, 11 hours ago)

It means the seal gets broken when you exhale for sure. when you're inhaling though the mask is likely to be pulled up against your skin so it still helps you. I'm guessing the force of the air moving out of the mask makes it extremely unlikely that anything will come in there when you are exhaling though. I would try to get a mask that loops behind your head though. This is the mask I wear at work which is now apparently available for purchase on amazon, it's a p100. the seal on this bad boy is ridiculous and it filters 99.97% of particles supposedly. you can detach the filters and scrub em with hand sanitizer to reuse. clean the body of the mask with soap and water though. dont spray lysol or any phenolic cleansers on there though, I made that mistake once

Offlinedeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #26911072 - 09/01/20 02:24 AM (22 days, 6 hours ago)

Most of the masks I see people wearing are the disposable pleated blue ones. I often notice when I sit behind someone on a bus, that there is a gap you could fit a pencil down that seems like it would act almost like an exhaust and direct any exhalation to anyone sitting behind them.

It'll be interesting,  but rather concerning, as it gets colder, to see people wearing these masks leaving twin vapour trails behind them as they walk.

My one doesn't have the metal strip at the top to pinch the nose.

As I don't shave I'm probably leaking like a sieve anyway, but at least it will help stop the larger droplets getting airbourne.

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

InvisiblePerusha_Kyuden

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: deucedbi9]
    #26911118 - 09/01/20 03:59 AM (22 days, 4 hours ago)

worry about your front door dumbass. you can try a vape pen to see how futile a mask is. are you waering a hazmat suit yet? :hahawot:

--------------------
Master of none

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Perusha_Kyuden] * 3
    #26911126 - 09/01/20 04:22 AM (22 days, 4 hours ago)

whoops, looks like i caused a minor derail last night with my post before i went to bed. sorry about that, asante. :x i've just been so... dissapointed with my country, really. i grew up hearing about how great america was and now the blinders are off - now it feels like my country is pretty much just a blundering giant that only managed to reach it's status as a first world country through bullying and oppression, not through any true acomplishment, and now it's all that ugliness is starting to finally catch up.

just feels like half the countries poor, half of it's mad, and almost all of it's pretending everythings all not that bad, that everythings gonna be A-OK when the bloody country is crumbling toward open corruption. it's... depressing.

on a slightly more humorous note though, i did my laundry the other night - i found 3 quarters lying there for anyone to take for the coin operated machines. this, during the national coin shortage. (there's a national coin shortage, because people aren't using vending machines much right now, and the US mint doesn't deem it fit to mint more coins to ease the problem. it's been going on for months.)

they were all 2020 quarters! with the tails side facing up! all the adorable bats facing up looking at me! i had to laugh. apparently no one wanted them, even in this time when quarters are extremely difficult to obtain, because of the bats on them. i left them there just because they make me laugh every time i look at them and because i can get quarter rolls at my job as a cashier. they're still there, 3 days later lol. i personally suspect the US mint still hasn't minted any coins still because that would mean entire rolls of 2020 quarters with bats circulating everywhere, and the trump administration probably doesnt want that as part of their legacy, lol. (the bats really are quite cute though, and it's just a bad coincidence. they plan these images for the quarters out like a year and a half to two years ahead of time. just another trolling from the year 2020, i guess.)

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #26911206 - 09/01/20 07:23 AM (22 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:

BTW Asante you can put me on your "trained medical professionals" list. I'll shoot you a PM with proof.

No proof needed, we just rip imposters a new one (100 days sitewide ban and up) upon discovery :sun:

Thank you for going on the record, but then again you always have :hug:

--------------------

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

#26911282 - 09/01/20 09:08 AM (21 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

Public health experts have reacted with alarm to remarks by the head of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that he might give the green light for a US Covid-19 vaccine before the normal clinical trial process had reached its conclusion.

As the US was on the verge of 6m coronavirus cases on Sunday, Stephen Hahn, the FDA commissioner, told the Financial Times in an interview published on Sunday that he was prepared to issue emergency use authorization for a Covid-19 vaccine before the end of Phase 3 human trials that put the drug through stringent testing for safety and efficacy.

He said the standard he would apply instead would be “that the benefit outweighs the risk in a public health emergency”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/30/fda-covid-19-vaccine-fast-track?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

We'll see how this one goes... my state already mandated flu vaccines for all students for the upcoming flu season so I'm guessing COVID will be the same if it's available. I'll be working at a rehab hospital in Jan so I'm sure I'll be getting poked with whatever hits the market either way.

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: feevers]
    #26911304 - 09/01/20 09:25 AM (21 days, 23 hours ago)

There is the possibility of the "cow pox method" of Pasteur..

There is a likeliness that infection with a common cold based on a coronavirus gives a degree of immunity to severe COVID. We might literally spread this harmless cold before a vaccin is available, as a harm reduction step.

--------------------

Onlinegopher
Egg hatcher
I'm a teapot

#26911314 - 09/01/20 09:32 AM (21 days, 22 hours ago)

I thought of that already, but where do you get a mild corona virus from

--------------------
In essence, your body knows better than the experts how much salt it needs--and telling someone to restrict their salt intake is akin to telling someone to restrict their water intake when they are thirsty. It just makes no biological sense.

The salt fix -- James DiNicolantonio -- Doctor of pharmacy and cardiovascular research scientist

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

#26911330 - 09/01/20 09:42 AM (21 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
There is the possibility of the "cow pox method" of Pasteur..

There is a likeliness that infection with a common cold based on a coronavirus gives a degree of immunity to severe COVID. We might literally spread this harmless cold before a vaccin is available, as a harm reduction step.

That's an aspect of the virus that makes the shutdown a bit of a double edged sword (though still 100% necessary). If other coronaviruses offer some immunity, but we're not exposing ourselves to them, it could be that we'll see a lower percentage of asymptomatic and higher percentage of more severe cases as the pandemic rolls on. I don't think there's much research yet into what other cv variations could offer immunity, or how long the antibodies and t-cell/immune responses from them would be useful for after infection.

I'd be happy with a vaccine that offers even partial immunity, but putting out any vaccine without proper phase III's... especially with the 'OK' authorization given from an agency run by an administration that prioritizes political gain over human lives... I don't really feel comfortable with that.

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: gopher]
    #26911350 - 09/01/20 09:53 AM (21 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

gopher said:
I thought of that already, but where do you get a mild corona virus from

Something like 10% of the Common Cold viruses are coronaviruses. If one strain offered significant immunity and was next to harmless as common colds often are we might wilfully spread that strain to effect temporary immunity until we have the vaccine worked out.

--------------------

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

#26911354 - 09/01/20 09:56 AM (21 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

That's an aspect of the virus that makes the shutdown a bit of a double edged sword (though still 100% necessary).

I never had as many superficial mild respiratory illnesses than when I was fully buigged into a strict lockdown. I'm now wiser and will seek out the outdoors more, knowing that in the open outdoors away from people you both build immunity and are unlikely contract it.

Its places where people are packed into closed quarters that are the primary sources of infection. Taxis, buses, trains, planes, stores, public restrooms, churches, parliament...

--------------------

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
octopus fucking starfish

Loc: Swimming in Circles Flag
    #26911434 - 09/01/20 10:39 AM (21 days, 21 hours ago)

Where I am there's basically nothing for covid. As far as I'm aware were having days with no reported cases and other times we will get like 1. I'm pretty rural though there's like 200k people stretched out over thousands of square km.

Invisiblepirate-bluesS
Female

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #26911441 - 09/01/20 10:42 AM (21 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

deucedbi9 said:
Most of the masks I see people wearing are the disposable pleated blue ones. I often notice when I sit behind someone on a bus, that there is a gap you could fit a pencil down that seems like it would act almost like an exhaust and direct any exhalation to anyone sitting behind them.

It'll be interesting,  but rather concerning, as it gets colder, to see people wearing these masks leaving twin vapour trails behind them as they walk.

My one doesn't have the metal strip at the top to pinch the nose.

As I don't shave I'm probably leaking like a sieve anyway, but at least it will help stop the larger droplets getting airbourne.

I like to try and blow out candles in my masks to sort of test them a bit. Haven't been able to in any of mine.

I ended up getting locked out of my place late at night a couple weeks ago and maintainence wouldn't just let me wait outside while they opened it, and gave me one of those blue surgical masks. Does not feel nearly as safe as the multi-layer reuseable ones I have.

Oh and folks, I am seeing N95s becoming available again. Keep your eyes peeled, seeing multiple sources with replenished stock.

https://ppe.zunchlabs.com/

--------------------
:heart:

:sporedrop:

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: pirate-blues] * 2
    #26911696 - 09/01/20 01:18 PM (21 days, 19 hours ago)

Thanks for sharing that is. N95s are easy to come by now for emts, nurses, docs. Where i am at they allow us to choose between n95 or half face masks with p100 filters and most of us opt for the latter. A few months ago the n95s were being literally gaurded, now theres cases of thousands of them in the supply closet. Idk how the regulations around who can buy them work but theae n95s... i would honestly prefer the public were using them now. I actually find that the huge "half facepiece" p100 is easier to breathe in than the n95s.. Also the niosh n95s seem to make a lot of people drool when used for extended periods. These facemasks dont really do that. I cant help but be cynical when I read the marketing claims on that site: " we just want to flatten the curve" :lolsy: hey, if they can make money and simultaneously keep people safer, i cant be mad about that

Edited by morrowasted (09/01/20 01:32 PM)

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
    #26912802 - 09/01/20 11:02 PM (21 days, 9 hours ago)

Part 2 gonna be lit

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

OnlineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: budmanman]
    #26915080 - 09/03/20 09:39 AM (19 days, 22 hours ago)

I thought it was just Trump talk, but now Fauci is saying probably a vaccine by the end of the year.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #26915082 - 09/03/20 09:41 AM (19 days, 22 hours ago)

The notion of pushing the vaccine out before it passes phase 3 trials sketches me out

--------------------

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Dark_Star] * 1
    #26915085 - 09/03/20 09:43 AM (19 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
The notion of pushing the vaccine out before it passes phase 3 trials sketches me out

Same here, especially for those of us in the workplaces where it'll be mandated right when it becomes available.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: feevers]
    #26915101 - 09/03/20 09:52 AM (19 days, 22 hours ago)

Yup. I’m 100% down with getting vaccinated if it’s proven safe & effective. Not down with being a guinea pig

--------------------

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I'm Rick James, Bitch!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Dark_Star]
    #26915328 - 09/03/20 12:36 PM (19 days, 19 hours ago)

I will volunteer koods to test the vaccine.

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Crazy_Horse] * 1
    #26916100 - 09/03/20 07:58 PM (19 days, 12 hours ago)

Im gonna be fucking pissed if they try to force me to get vaccinated without finishing the clinical trials.

Livid

OfflineKOLOME

#26916165 - 09/03/20 08:27 PM (19 days, 11 hours ago)

^- the fate of those who join the enemy -^

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: KOLOME]
    #26916677 - 09/04/20 03:10 AM (19 days, 5 hours ago)

its gunna kill a few ppl but whatevs

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #26916763 - 09/04/20 06:13 AM (19 days, 2 hours ago)

I really don’t think we’re gonna see any flu this fall. The flu has essentially stopped circulating around the world and all the restrictions, masks and social distancing work even better for the flu viruses. About a month ago they did something like 5000 flu tests in a week and only two were positive. Flu infections in the soutthen hemisphere never materialized either.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Offlinedeucedbi9
Stranger

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: KOLOME]
    #26920570 - 09/06/20 09:08 AM (16 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Im gonna be fucking pissed if they try to force me to get vaccinated without finishing the clinical trials.Livid

Quote:

KOLOME said:

^- the fate of those who join the enemy -^

The "enemy" being what? Those that work in the health professions that advocate the use of masks and social distancing?

--------------------

OfflineBikerfool
Your Local Edgelord
Male

#26920780 - 09/06/20 11:24 AM (16 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
It means the seal gets broken when you exhale for sure. when you're inhaling though the mask is likely to be pulled up against your skin so it still helps you. I'm guessing the force of the air moving out of the mask makes it extremely unlikely that anything will come in there when you are exhaling though. I would try to get a mask that loops behind your head though. This is the mask I wear at work which is now apparently available for purchase on amazon, it's a p100. the seal on this bad boy is ridiculous and it filters 99.97% of particles supposedly. you can detach the filters and scrub em with hand sanitizer to reuse. clean the body of the mask with soap and water though. dont spray lysol or any phenolic cleansers on there though, I made that mistake once

Does this mask filter outgoing air? It doesn't appear to.

--------------------
Just an angsty teen contributing to the pubs decline with contentless posts.

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Bikerfool]
    #26920974 - 09/06/20 01:08 PM (16 days, 19 hours ago)

CovCare has a bunch of n95's. I think the brands rotate, some are cdc or fda approved assuming they're not knock-offs of the brand.

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Bikerfool]
    #26921042 - 09/06/20 02:04 PM (16 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

Bikerfool said:
Quote:

morrowasted said:

nope :shrug: when on the job those of us that opt for the p100 throw an n95 over the exhalation valve. It is still much easier to breath in

InvisibleblewmeanieS

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #26922089 - 09/06/20 11:51 PM (16 days, 8 hours ago)

Second wave was supposed to be right now. When that didn't happen, they started talking about next year, and everyone forgot.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: blewmeanie] * 1
    #26922120 - 09/07/20 12:10 AM (16 days, 8 hours ago)

the number of daily new cases right now is just as high as it was during the peak of the "first wave", it is just spread out across the country

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

#26922442 - 09/07/20 07:28 AM (16 days, 57 minutes ago)

Which is even worse, to add!

--------------------

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality
Male User Gallery

#26922554 - 09/07/20 09:38 AM (15 days, 22 hours ago)

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or - give me death caps

OfflineBikerfool
Your Local Edgelord
Male

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26922888 - 09/07/20 01:51 PM (15 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Quote:

Bikerfool said:
Quote:

morrowasted said:
It means the seal gets broken when you exhale for sure. when you're inhaling though the mask is likely to be pulled up against your skin so it still helps you. I'm guessing the force of the air moving out of the mask makes it extremely unlikely that anything will come in there when you are exhaling though. I would try to get a mask that loops behind your head though. [url=https://www.amazon.com/3M-Facepiece-Respirator-6291-Particulate/dp/B000FTEDMM/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=p100 mask&qid=1598921820&sr=8-3&ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1]This is the mask I wear at work which is now apparently available for purchase on amazon[/url], it's a p100. the seal on this bad boy is ridiculous and it filters 99.97% of particles supposedly. you can detach the filters and scrub em with hand sanitizer to reuse. clean the body of the mask with soap and water though. dont spray lysol or any phenolic cleansers on there though, I made that mistake once

nope :shrug: when on the job those of us that opt for the p100 throw an n95 over the exhalation valve. It is still much easier to breath in

That's what I was thinking as well. I was going to get one for inoculations since the isopropyl vapors can get out of hand, I would just need to put a surgical mask over the discharge.

--------------------
Just an angsty teen contributing to the pubs decline with contentless posts.

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Bikerfool] * 1
    #26926654 - 09/09/20 06:11 PM (13 days, 14 hours ago)

Attn all people who were accusing hospitals and doctors of raking in cash right now

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronaVirusTX/comments/iplvg5/texas_physicians_are_losing_money_during_the/

You are not just wrong, you are the opposite of correct

Invisiblecannabinated

#26926746 - 09/09/20 07:00 PM (13 days, 13 hours ago)

DUDE ONLY FUCKING HAMHEAD SAID THAT

now youre radicalized

focus on loving ppls

This is what i meant about anti vaxxers being created by the vaccine companies to confuse the legislature to use the public as guinea pigs cause its not profitable unless theres a pandemic

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26926758 - 09/09/20 07:06 PM (13 days, 13 hours ago)

It’s not just hamhead. It’s the entire Qcumber army.

--------------------

Invisiblecannabinated

#26926788 - 09/09/20 07:23 PM (13 days, 13 hours ago)

theyre all the same person

CANCEL THEM

their rhetoric kills

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#26926831 - 09/09/20 07:43 PM (13 days, 12 hours ago)

It wasnt even hamhead, it was mostly doc

Invisiblecannabinated

#26926856 - 09/09/20 07:55 PM (13 days, 12 hours ago)

YOURE KILLING ME

Invisiblecannabinated

#26928222 - 09/10/20 02:43 PM (12 days, 17 hours ago)

900k  and summer ends in 11 days

theres a new surge :smirk:

OfflineNortherner
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: koods]
    #26929244 - 09/11/20 02:42 AM (12 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
I really don’t think we’re gonna see any flu this fall. The flu has essentially stopped circulating around the world and all the restrictions, masks and social distancing work even better for the flu viruses. About a month ago they did something like 5000 flu tests in a week and only two were positive. Flu infections in the soutthen hemisphere never materialized either.

Yeah I was just talking about this today with a colleague. I would have skipped the flu shot this year if I knew it just wasn't going to happen here in the antipodes.

There's a mixed blessing there. I dunno hey. Would rather we just had flu and no Rona about.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Northerner]
    #26931388 - 09/12/20 10:48 AM (10 days, 21 hours ago)

someone set up a statewide tracker for schools here in texas

https://www.stopthespreadtx.school/

it's a self-reporting system so it's kinda shitty but whatever

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

#26931423 - 09/12/20 11:11 AM (10 days, 21 hours ago)

A friend at Boston College said one of the dorm rooms there had 8 COVID positives who were quarantining, but no one else on the floor knew. They had a fire drill, hundreds walking through the compact hallways funneled out one back door, with the COVID kids mixed in. Geniuses.

Onlinegopher
Egg hatcher
I'm a teapot

#26931466 - 09/12/20 11:37 AM (10 days, 20 hours ago)

I never even thought of fire drills, the TDSB is putting a lot of emphasis on keeping cohorts separate and the news talking a lot of shit how the kids will mingle on buses, but nobody mentioned fire drills

--------------------

OnlineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: blewmeanie]
    #26932067 - 09/12/20 06:03 PM (10 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
Second wave was supposed to be right now. When that didn't happen, they started talking about next year, and everyone forgot.

I don't know where you're getting your information from. Someplace different from the rest of us.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

InvisiblePerusha_Kyuden

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26932130 - 09/12/20 06:45 PM (10 days, 13 hours ago)

we meet again :stopflaming:

--------------------
Master of none

OfflineGorlax
Male

#26935575 - 09/14/20 06:57 PM (8 days, 13 hours ago)

last thing I read was someone asking if you could propagate antibodies in agar and the simplest answer is not really. I’m not too familiar with the methods but I do know other organisms are needed to make antibodies that is why they are asking for plasma donations from asymptotic people. Theorized this in the original thread and its what they are doing now.

This also allows the method to be faced tracked for FDA approval as minimally manipulated tissue is not under the same guidelines as “drugs”. We made the same thing for cancer patients with stem cells for Novartis. Pretty crazy they using same idea for coronavirus but I’m sure it is effective. Would be a sweet patent to own.

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Gorlax]
    #26935621 - 09/14/20 07:21 PM (8 days, 13 hours ago)

I read today about a Dutchj doctor looking into resveratrol, the anti aging, weight loss super supplement, as a means to improve covid outcomes in the obese. It has a proven beneficial effect in MERS (Middle Eastern SARS), it lowers excess leptin in obese patients which is associated with poorer covid outcomes.

Morrowasted did you catch anything on resveratrol and COVID?

I happen to have 100gr of this in a jar awaiting manufacture of medicinal candies, since the stuff has a very short biological half life, so making it as a xylitol based candy seems a rational way to dose throughout the day :grin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resveratrol

--------------------

Onlinegopher
Egg hatcher
I'm a teapot

#26935653 - 09/14/20 07:42 PM (8 days, 12 hours ago)

Quote:

it lowers excess leptin

thats interesting, usually people with metabolic syndrome have leptin resistance, lowering it could improve sensitivity, which could in turn make you feel more satiated when its released

maybe ill add grapes to my diet

--------------------

OfflineGorlax
Male

#26935721 - 09/14/20 08:28 PM (8 days, 11 hours ago)

Yeah it is a promising therapeutic I’d use it if it came down to it. The right to try saved a bunch of lives which it should if your about to die you should be able to try something as long as you can’t blame the doctors or scientists.

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Gorlax]
    #26935725 - 09/14/20 08:30 PM (8 days, 11 hours ago)

I havent heard anything about usinf reseveratrol for covid, no. Im sure it cant hurt to eat some more grapes and berries though

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26936071 - 09/15/20 12:28 AM (8 days, 7 hours ago)

Quote:

Gorlax said:
Yeah it is a promising therapeutic I’d use it if it came down to it. The right to try saved a bunch of lives which it should if your about to die you should be able to try something as long as you can’t blame the doctors or scientists.

I’m not exactly sure what situations that law would apply to. FDA approved drugs can be prescribed for any condition and non FDA approved drugs aren’t regulated by the FDA

--------------------

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

#26937008 - 09/15/20 02:52 PM (7 days, 17 hours ago)

Yeah, January is the prediction.  I agree.  I research.  I am fine as done enough esoterics to know my body and it was strange feeling that at a cell level. 

It is man made and released.  Nukes stop wars but no one can blame a virus.  On with life.  Bored of this shit.

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Barnaby]
    #26937033 - 09/15/20 03:08 PM (7 days, 17 hours ago)

:niggawhat:

OfflineGorlax
Male

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: koods]
    #26937136 - 09/15/20 03:54 PM (7 days, 16 hours ago)

Doctors use to not be able to use in development drugs. if your dying a doctor prescribes you something it has to be FDA approved. If a doctor was using DMT to cure cancer thats a major lawsuit now patients can try promising drugs if they are dying. Its a pretty simple concept but you love to twist everything

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Gorlax] * 1
    #26937395 - 09/15/20 05:41 PM (7 days, 14 hours ago)

A doc wouldnt need to provide a script for reseveratrol, it is sold OTC at vitamin shops

OfflineGorlax
Male

#26937506 - 09/15/20 06:33 PM (7 days, 13 hours ago)

Thinking of something else then but if its otc its not prescribed. doctors dont prescribe nyquil or kratom. Thats purchased by the individual. doctors can only legally prescribe fda approved drugs but if ur dying u can try anything.

Offlinepslyke
Contemplative
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Gorlax] * 1
    #26937551 - 09/15/20 06:54 PM (7 days, 13 hours ago)

The US just cracked 200,000 deaths

--------------------
"What appears impenetrable to us does exist, manifesting itself in the deepest wisdom and the most radiant beauty" Einstein

"The conservatives of 70 years ago would be outraged at what has come to pass. It embodies everything they took up arms for to defeat"Asante

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#26937719 - 09/15/20 08:08 PM (7 days, 12 hours ago)

Quote:

Gorlax said:
Thinking of something else then but if its otc its not prescribed. doctors dont prescribe nyquil or kratom. Thats purchased by the individual. doctors can only legally prescribe fda approved drugs but if ur dying u can try anything.

Doctors prescribe otc drugs all the time dude... if youre in an outpatient clinic they just tell you "go buy such and such a thing" but patients in the hospital get prescribed shit like tylenol, stool softeners,and ibuprofen constantly. Im not sure what drug you were talking about, i just assumed it was resveratrol from the context given that you didnt say what it was. Are you specifically talking about dmt? Only reason docs cant recommend or order it is bc it is schedule 1. A doc could theoretically recommend a patient take kratom but its unlikely given the lack of medical data about toxicity and interactions and the lack of consistent potency or regulations on production.

In your case when you landed in the hospital after seizing on kratom- if a doc had recommended it to you, and you could prove it, you would be able to sue that doctor for malpractice.

Edited by morrowasted (09/15/20 08:17 PM)

Onlinegopher
Egg hatcher
I'm a teapot

#26937737 - 09/15/20 08:17 PM (7 days, 12 hours ago)

They cant in Canada, Health Canada says Kratom is not for human consumption

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#26937744 - 09/15/20 08:19 PM (7 days, 12 hours ago)

Okay well i can only speak to practices in the usa

There probably are some fringe docs out there in this country who have done it for people with chronic pain. But like i said the overwhelming majority wouldnt risk making such a recommendation

OfflineGorlax
Male

#26937936 - 09/15/20 10:07 PM (7 days, 10 hours ago)

ehh not really those are fda approved. pharmacies arent handing out random chemicals.

tylenol. ibuprofen. etc have been proven safe decades ago. the new right to try law has to do with therapeutics in clinical stages.

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#26938257 - 09/16/20 02:26 AM (7 days, 6 hours ago)

There are definitely psychiatrists right now who will recommend mushrooms to people with intense end of life anxiety. But no, you cant get mushrooms from the pharmacy. Im not exactly sure what point you are trying to make tbh

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #26940601 - 09/17/20 02:10 PM (5 days, 18 hours ago)

Hey remember when we all got free facemasks in the mail? No you don’t because the White House cancelled plans to do so as to not “cause a panic”

--------------------

Invisiblepirate-bluesS
Female

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: koods] * 2
    #26940669 - 09/17/20 02:53 PM (5 days, 17 hours ago)

Nah, it's cool now, we've got the vaccine saving our asses.

oh wait...cept...

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/cdc-head-mask-may-be-more-effective-than-any-vaccine/19289823/

it's totally not, and the fastest way to get the pandemic under control and the economy up and running is if everyone grew the fuck up for three months and thought about someone other than themselves.

Especially considering we're probably not going to have enough vaccine doses until 2024(according to the world's largest vaccine manufacturer), if people require more than one dose - and they've only been testing people on multiple doses, so I'd say that's probably pretty damn likely.

Fuck, I mean, we are likely to not even have enough to vaccinate 100 million.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/early-coronavirus-vaccine-supplies-likely-wont-be-enough-for-everyone-at-high-risk-11596706202
https://www.ft.com/content/a832d5d7-4a7f-42cc-850d-8757f19c3b6b

--------------------
:heart:

:sporedrop:

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: pirate-blues] * 2
    #26940705 - 09/17/20 03:19 PM (5 days, 17 hours ago)

If they can get a working vaccine for healthcare personnel alone it will make a big difference. Unfortunately I think doctors and nurses also play a major role in spreading this disease. It wont go away by any means but it would make a major dent

We could also get cool stickers that say "good job" and exempt us from having to comply with harm reduction measures (joking)

Offlinedeucedbi9
Stranger

#26943413 - 09/19/20 03:01 AM (4 days, 5 hours ago)

12/9/2020 Anti mask protest. Madrid, Spain.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-53802226

19/9/2020 Parts of Madrid to lockdown amid virus spike.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54211361

--------------------

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: deucedbi9] * 2
    #26945724 - 09/20/20 10:32 AM (2 days, 21 hours ago)

Drove to the Canadian border yesterday, they wouldn't let us in :mad2:

Even though you can see the Rona over there from the border:

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: feevers] * 1
    #26945759 - 09/20/20 10:58 AM (2 days, 21 hours ago)

I'm having a BBQ and pool party with 3 friends and my gf this week. PCR tests now come back in 24hrs, so we are all getting tested 2 days before so we can go swimming together without masks.

If you had ever asked me what my prediction for the future had been, I could not have dreamed this circumstance up.

In any case I am EXCITED! First time hanging out with my whole friend group at once since like February.

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #26945916 - 09/20/20 12:24 PM (2 days, 20 hours ago)

fuck da rona, ur outside, theres chlorine

scrutinizing scientific papers needs to bee a highschool course

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

#26945966 - 09/20/20 12:47 PM (2 days, 19 hours ago)

Is anybody here NOT using several thousand units of vitamin D3 a day?

Seriously now, get some vitamin D3 supplementation going, especially if you either get little sun exposure or have dark skin, both of which lowering the bodies vitamin D3 synthesis.

Don't get D2 get D3.

There is science behind your resistance to colds, flu and covid being stronger and you being less likely to get severe covid if your D3 is high.

Most ICU cases have low Vitamin D3.

All the other supplements, you got to see what you do but D3 is the numero uno.

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
    #26945981 - 09/20/20 12:57 PM (2 days, 19 hours ago)

We refuse to improve our personal health, you must mask up and stay away from use for our safety, we will not be doing anything ourselves for our own safety, it is up to you to protect me, not myself.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

#26945995 - 09/20/20 01:06 PM (2 days, 19 hours ago)

Vitamin D seems to be promising for a lot of things but is far from any sort of magic bullet. Lots of athletes who spent all summer training outdoors are having heart issues and other problems from covid. My cousin who was hospitalised for a week and almost put in the ICU had her D levels checked afterwards and she was in the upper levels. My wife's uncle who died from it was outside 9 hours a day doing roofing and landscaping. Huge percentages of people in many prisons who get minimal sun exposure being asymptomatic... other than age and obesity the theory of recent exposure to a lesser cold coronavirus offering partial immunity seems to be likely one of the biggest factors in severity.

The vitamin D studies I've seen are mostly correlational... people in nursing homes, elderly, obese people who get hit the hardest are more likely to be deficient in vitamin D either way. Organ failure that often comes with severe covid may likely deplete vitamin D levels too.
The one study one vitamin D and ARDs that gets referenced a lot did horrible in peer review.

I take a 5000 IU tablet if I've gone a few days without sun, I'm not really holding out much hope for it to do much COVID wise though.

Invisiblecannabinated

#26946025 - 09/20/20 01:24 PM (2 days, 19 hours ago)

70% of ppl dying without related health probs

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

#26946031 - 09/20/20 01:30 PM (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

feevers said:
Vitamin D seems to be promising for a lot of things but is far from any sort of magic bullet.

Its a wet powder musket bullet, but at the moment it's the only substantial bullet the average citizen has available.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: budmanman]
    #26946060 - 09/20/20 01:47 PM (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:
We refuse to improve our personal health, you must mask up and stay away from use for our safety, we will not be doing anything ourselves for our own safety, it is up to you to protect me, not myself.

How is masking up not improving personal health?

--------------------

OfflineGorlax
Male

#26947735 - 09/21/20 02:40 PM (1 day, 17 hours ago)

I was at a bar yesterday and once you sit down you dont need to wear a mask and its not mandated and I forgot to put it on when I got up but I saw almost everyone doing the same.  first time out in a while and it was weird cuz I was super stoned. Ive been tested like 4 times all negative but I still think you should just wear it. I’d rather just hang out at a friends house don’t like being masked up everyone just looking around confused.

Invisiblecannabinated

#26947749 - 09/21/20 02:53 PM (1 day, 17 hours ago)

fucc them they all deserve what they get :cookiemonster:

Invisiblecannabinated

#26947815 - 09/21/20 03:33 PM (1 day, 16 hours ago)

30k short of a mil :nonono:

Offlinebuzzybees
Stranger
    #26948882 - 09/22/20 09:21 AM (23 hours, 4 minutes ago)

How come the back death killed 75–200 million and now we all have computers buzzing around.

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: buzzybees] * 1
    #26948900 - 09/22/20 09:43 AM (22 hours, 42 minutes ago)

Quote:

buzzybees said:
How come the back death killed 75–200 million and now we all have computers buzzing around.

Are you kidding? I can't get over how the vikings pillaged much of northern europe and here I'm sitting over a hundred miles from the coast eating ice cream.

--------------------

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

#26948977 - 09/22/20 11:02 AM (21 hours, 23 minutes ago)

Global Cases: 30 million
Global Deaths: 1 million

Could we say, globally, about 3.3% mortality in observed cases?

Some less in developed nations, some more in underdeveloped nations but, just about?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Community >> The Pub