Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Next > | Last >
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #27064463 - 11/30/20 11:49 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Damn, ReposadoXochipilli. I'm sorry to hear that.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZenZone
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27065060 - 11/30/20 05:13 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ReposadoXochipilli said:
My x has had a nightmare with his father and lost him last night.  His religious family insisted on them keeping him alive at all costs and he shamed them into letting him pass last night. Their entire family that lives together now has it and several are 80+ with health issues. Covid is devastating. 

1.  As of 6:00 PM tonight eastern time, Dad is still ventilated and has been on CRRT Dialysis for 5 hrs. He is at 100% oxygenation (they cannot give him any more). And his condition is worsening since being on dialysis.
2. Because of the multiple times they have performed CPR he has one broken rib and his lung was punctured as a result. He now has a tube in his chest to ameliorate that injury.
3. His body temperature is cold 91 degrees.  His brain is not telling his body to heat itself properly since the CPR.
4. Tomorrow they will perform an EEG  to determine the condition of his brain function.
5. They have added a 4th pressor which makes his body pull blood from his extremities to his vital organs.
6. Lungs, he has two virulent forms of COVID pneumonia.  They are looking to evaluate his arterial blood gasses (how is his body coping?). They are looking for good arterial blood gas but he is acidotic because his lungs aren't functioning.  He is getting 100% oxygen and is worsening.  His lungs have pneumo thorax = collapsed because of the multiple times of CPR.
7. In the best case, if dialysis succeeds there will be a quality of life issues even if he survives all the rest.
8. He is on four different meds to keep his blood pressure where it should be and it is worsening.

I'm sorry to not have better news. I know you all have him in your prayers. With blessings to all.

Tragic .... I'm sorry man. :frown:

Quote:

morrowasted said:
https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/12/12/3642/htm

Vitamin D Insufficiency May Account for Almost Nine of Ten COVID-19 Deaths: Time to Act. Comment on: “Vitamin D Deficiency and Outcome of COVID-19 Patients”. Nutrients 2020, 12, 2757

This too is tragic... We probably could have ran society in a much more normal way, would have lost way fewer lives, jobs etc had we just pushed VitD a lot more, from the beginning.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: ZenZone]
    #27065124 - 11/30/20 05:53 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Hindsight is always 20/20. I'm not convinced a bunch of vitamin D supplementation would have mitigated anything like 90% of the deaths but probably quite a few

InvisibleZenZone
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27065176 - 11/30/20 06:30 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Hindsight? The research on Vit D and it's effects on the outcome of viral respiratory disease goes back at least 50 years. And no matter how much evidence is on the table, it's keep getting dismissed. You just brought up/linked in an article about it, two posts later you're already dismissing it lol.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: ZenZone]
    #27065185 - 11/30/20 06:33 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not "dismissing it". I just think 9 out of 10 is a little hyperbolic. I could be wrong. I take vitamin D. I've been stating as much since the beginning, and sharing information about why it might be a good idea to do so as well.

InvisibleZenZone
Male User Gallery

#27065192 - 11/30/20 06:36 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Here is one of my post from the old thread

Quote:

ZenZone said:

Re: Coronavirus 2020 aka Wuhan Coronavirus aka COVID-19 [Re: Ahab McBathsalts] * 6
    #26543157 - 03/18/20 04:47 PM (8 months, 9 days ago)
Edit postEdit

Some interesting thoughts on respiratory infections and Vitamin D. I clipped this from a newsletter:

“Practically speaking, Vitamin D may be the most important annual protective measure against colds, flu, and viruses, including COVID-19.

Read this message from John C. Umhau, MD (he's a friend of a friend)

"In 2006, as a USPHS officer and NIH scientist, I helped outline evidence that vitamin D deficiency was the seasonal stimulus driving epidemic respiratory infections like COVID-19. This review, cited almost a thousand times, noted that hydroxyvitamin D (blood) levels of 50 ng/ml appeared to protect against viral respiratory infection .

The review argued that groups with low vitamin D levels - African Americans, the obese, and the elderly - may require a daily supplement of 5000 IU of vitamin D to reach these levels, especially in the winter.

Others at NIH were interested, as were those at CDC, FDA, BOP, IHS, and the DOD, but no one had a mandate to explore an alternative to the existing vaccination program to prevent epidemic respiratory infection. This helps explain why there is no government program yet addressing this, but that is not an excuse for us not to inform others.

Most vitamin D comes from production in the skin rather than the diet, so when sunlight induced vitamin D production is reduced, vitamin D deficiency becomes pervasive. Anyone with inadequate sun exposure is at risk for vitamin D deficiency, but since sunlight induced vitamin D production in the skin is blocked by melanin, deficiency is twice as likely to occur in people with dark skin.

In the winter, UVB radiation from the sun may not be enough for vitamin D synthesis to occur. In the summertime, excessive use of sunblock which blocks UVB may have a similar effect. Old age is also linked with reduced vitamin D synthesis. Some people require a daily supplemental dose of vitamin D that greatly exceeds the typical recommendation level.

In 2017 the highly respected British Medical Journal printed a review analyzing data from twenty-five randomized controlled trials. These studies considered cases of acute respiratory infection in people given either vitamin D or placebo. The review concluded that vitamin D clearly protects against acute respiratory tract infection like COVID-19, and especially benefited those who were deficient.

Daily or weekly dosing was necessary - large bolus (one-time) doses were not as effective. The review indicated that the number need to treat with vitamin D to prevent one case of respiratory infection was 4. This is a much better effect than noted for vaccination. Vaccination typically must be given to 44 people to prevent one case of respiratory infection. As one might expect, Vitamin D is much safer and less expensive than vaccine.

It would be ideal to have more research, but considering the minimal risk of getting sun exposure or taking vitamin D, I advise that everyone should do what they can to increase their vitamin D levels to protect against COVID-19. This is especially true for older people with dark skin. I hope that our national response to this looming epidemic will soon recognize the importance of this simple preventive measure.

-Dr John C. Umhau, MD MPH CPE”"

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
    #27065301 - 11/30/20 07:34 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

That BMJ study that is cited there and everywhere else did pretty badly in peer review though, as does most vitamin D research. One example review for that study: https://www.bmj.com/content/356/bmj.j456. It’s important to look at who the researchers are that are putting studies out, vitamin D attracts a lot of the naturopath/healer type researchers whose studies always miraculously discover it to be a cure all.

The correlations are obvious, the sick and elderly are far more likely to have lower vitamin D levels, and they’re the same ones that fair worse against COVID. Morrow’s study says they control for it, but I couldn’t find any real details on the methodology for doing so. There were a couple promising studies showing high doses could help somewhat in those hospitalized with it, but also various studies including one RCT suggesting it does nothing (Link to one), some that show population level evidence of vitamin D levels having better outcomes, and some that show zero significance when adjusting for variables Link to one

:shrug2:

If it were that easy I’d be completely psyched about it, and I don’t think people supplementing vit D responsibly has any real downsides, I just have a pretty solid background in interpreting research and I’m still far from convinced on this one.

My stance is still the same, don’t be dumb and take macro doses of vitamin D without getting your levels checked and talking to your doctor and you should be fine. Look into what else you should be taking with D. I got my levels checked and I’m at about a 40 ng/ml which is pretty good, I usually aim for 20 minutes of sun a day or take 5000IU if I go a couple days without. Going to switch to 5000 daily for a month to boost my levels a bit, then 5000 every day without sun for the winter.

My cousin who’s my age and almost died from it had great Vitamin D levels when she had blood taken, uncle who was a roofer and landscaper (always in the sun) died from it, lots of athletes who’d been outdoors training all summer being found with myocarditis, prisoners who were inside all winter being asymptomatic in staggering numbers... anecdotally and based on the conflicting research I still don’t feel the slightest bit safer from having good D levels.

Edited by feevers (11/30/20 08:39 PM)

InvisibleZenZone
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: feevers]
    #27065412 - 11/30/20 08:37 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I think it's very important to clear what "good levels" mean. And that is most likely 50 ng/ml and above. And yeah, I agree with you, levels should be tested periodically. I started to take 5000 IU daily years ago for different reasons. About a year later (mind you, in September, so not even at the end of the California summer) I got a blood test and my D level was at 48ng/ml. After a year of daily 5000 IU!

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: ZenZone] * 3
    #27065424 - 11/30/20 08:44 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

the "optimal range" for vitamin D is still disputed. the holistic medicine people are trying to argue that it should be over 50, yes. that may very well be the case but I agree with feevers that research is suspect and as yet inconclusive.

there is also a lot of variation in how much vitamin D each person absorbs, makes, and excretes, so recommending doses without doing labs is pure guesswork

my understanding is that you can mitigate most of the potential side effects of vitamin D by taking it with vitamin k2. I just read that high fiber diets can lower vitamin D levels as well. I suppose it makes sense since the fiber lowers blood lipids generally and vitamin D is fat soluble.

InvisibleZenZone
Male User Gallery

#27065506 - 11/30/20 09:33 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:

:lol:

OfflinePsion
Sage
    #27065510 - 11/30/20 09:39 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

welp, guess now that the weekend is over and people are probably starting to come back to work from the holidays, we're going to start seeing the weekend reap that we missed due to thanksgiving. 150k cases today, but mondays are always the lowest point of the "upswing". tommorrow i'm thinking we're probably going to see the catch up in cases and deaths from last week.

better brace yourselves, it's only going to get uglier from here the next few weeks.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Psion] * 1
    #27065516 - 11/30/20 09:42 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Don't forget there is an incubation period.  We won't really start to see the thanksgiving spike for prob another week.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: mndfreeze]
    #27065525 - 11/30/20 09:51 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I think he’s just saying we haven’t seen a full accounting of new cases and deaths due to the thanksgiving holiday. Tomorrow will likely see a huge number of deaths, probably over 3000.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: koods]
    #27065566 - 11/30/20 10:19 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

^ that. if you look at the reports from the last few days, there's a rather noticeable and drastic dip. there's no way in hell we've been suddenly wising up a few weeks ago and we're seeing the results that magically fell on thanksgiving - we're seeing the results of no reporting due to the holidays + the normal weekend dip and monday lull. tuesday where the deaths and cases start to really pick up again, and fridays tend to be the "peak" cases for a week - mondays usually are when things start to go back up again as people who keep track of this come back to work and by tuesday everyone is all caught up. 

we didn't hit a peak of almost 200k cases a week ago and exponential growth then suddenly go to decreasing growth in two days - that just... doesn't happen.

Offlinepslyke
fantasmagoric
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Psion]
    #27066085 - 12/01/20 10:57 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Seems that it has now been confirmed that Covid-19 was in the US well before originally thought National Post Article

"Testing has found Covid-19 infections in the U.S. in December 2019, according to a study, providing further evidence indicating the coronavirus was spreading globally weeks before the first cases were reported in China.

The study published Monday identified 106 infections from 7,389 blood samples collected from donors in nine U.S. states between Dec. 13 and Jan. 17. The samples, collected by the American Red Cross, were sent to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for testing to detect if there were antibodies against the virus.
Reports of a mysterious pneumonia spreading in Wuhan, China, first emerged in late December 2019. After multiplying rapidly throughout the city in the following weeks, the disease spread across the globe, with the first U.S. case emerging on Jan. 19.

The revelations in the paper by researchers from the CDC reinforce the growing understanding that the coronavirus was silently circulating worldwide earlier than known, and could re-ignite debate over the origins of the pandemic.

It’s not the first evidence showing the virus could have existed or infected people outside China before 2020. A patient in France was found to have contracted the virus after being hospitalized with flu-like symptoms at the end of December, contradicting official statistics showing Covid-19 reached the country from people returning from Wuhan at the end of January.

The CDC study found coronavirus antibodies in 39 samples from California, Oregon, and Washington as early as Dec. 13 to Dec. 16.

Antibodies were also found in early January in 67 samples from Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Rhode Island, and Wisconsin — before the virus was known to have been introduced to those places.

The scientists indicated it’s unlikely that the antibodies developed to curb other coronaviruses, as 84 samples were found to have neutralizing activity specific to SARS-CoV-2.

They also noted it wasn’t possible to determine the magnitude of infections on a state or national level based on the samples, or whether the cases were locally transmitted or travel-related.

The findings were published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases."

--------------------
"What appears impenetrable to us does exist, manifesting itself in the deepest wisdom and the most radiant beauty" Einstein

"The conservatives of 70 years ago would be outraged at what has come to pass. It embodies everything they took up arms for to defeat"Asante

:kratom:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: pslyke]
    #27066111 - 12/01/20 11:09 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Those are only cases because they tested

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: koods]
    #27066344 - 12/01/20 01:15 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

hmm, so that nasty cold i got in mid february that left me with a lingering cough for months at night might have actually been covid... (im in upper michigan)

i wasn't the only one who got that either, a couple other people in the area got it around mid feb, march and they said it was the worst case of cold they ever got, and they suspected it was the covid too.

probably no way to be sure though.

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
    #27066369 - 12/01/20 01:27 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I had asymptomatic covid-19 last year.

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #27066936 - 12/01/20 06:45 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Food Ingredients and Active Compounds against the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Pandemic: A Comprehensive Review

Quote:

The promising outcomes of the above studies along with the well-documented role of food bioactive ingredients in supporting the immune system and the supplementation of consumers’ diets with vitamins, tannins, polyphenols, flavonoids, bioactive lipids, and herbs are driving current market growth trends in the food and nutraceutical sector. Moreover, these trends will most likely continue to drive the market in the post-lockdown era [4]. However, as of 10 November 2020, at the time of this writing, there has not been adequate published evidence correlating the consumption of food bioactives with direct prevention or recovery from COVID-19 disease. Some evidence (including randomized population and clinical trials) does exist regarding the role of vitamin D against COVID-19 disease. In addition, numerous theoretical studies have suggested polyphenolic compounds (mostly flavonoids) as potential inhibitors of SARS-CoV-2 transmission. The potential for using β-glucan to address COVID-19 has also been suggested by taking into account the variability in immune response arising from heterogeneity in polysaccharide branch and chain lengths of different sources. Researchers have recommended drinking plenty of water, along with consuming foods rich in minerals such as magnesium and zinc and vitamins C, D, and E, in addition to a better life style that can boost immunity to help fight infection [115].

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
    #27066963 - 12/01/20 06:57 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Who would have guessed eating healthy and not like shit is healthy

--------------------
:whyyy:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom