Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | Next > | Last >
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: koods]
    #27297193 - 05/06/21 03:17 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

morrowasted said:
BBC radio on NPR just claimed that some new analysis indicates that the actual US death toll from COVID-19 is over 900,000

The excess death numbers are pretty solid. If you got ~700,000 excess deaths, that means 200,000 people didn’t die that you’d expect to die of other causes. I can think of a few places where deaths were lower than normal, such as suicides and flu. Probably other infectious diseases too. Accidents maybe? 900,000 is a stretch but it’s certainly higher than the reported number.

There are a few states where excess deaths are lower than covid deaths, which suggests that fewer people were dying of other causes in a significant way

The only significant mortality decreases I seemed to notice this year were related to motor vehicle accidents (probably down 50% over the whole year on our unit- not that they were showing up and not dying, there were just a lot less MVAs with serious injuries showing up to begin with, particularly between march and august or so) and overdoses (probably down 33%)

We almost never really had folks dying of the flu to begin with and a lot of the other infectious disease related cause of death are things acquired in the hospital. Since I've been almost exclusively in the ER and those sorts of infections occur in longer term care units so it's hard for me to say how much mortality changed as a result of infectious disease this year, but it's possible it went down simply because general admissions were down

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: LeafRaker]
    #27297199 - 05/06/21 03:20 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LeafRaker said:
Got a link or perhaps a way to find the report?

I think we have under counts of cases and deaths everywhere. But estimating how much is tough.
Quote:

morrowasted said:
BBC radio on NPR just claimed that some new analysis indicates that the actual US death toll from COVID-19 is over 900,000

Study is here:
http://www.healthdata.org/special-analysis/estimation-excess-mortality-due-covid-19-and-scalars-reported-covid-19-deaths

Claim is that basically every place is under counting, but a few higher-income places are pretty good at getting within 25% of the true number.

The U.S.'s actual total is estimate to be nearly twice it's reported total.

Many countries are much further than the U.S. from their posted estimates. Some of the purported worst cases are Egypt and Japan, whose numbers were low but the report claims they were off by over a factor of ten.

I've only glanced it and will look more closely later, but it looks wild!

thanks for finding this, I just heard the stat in passing and havent had a chance to double check it. article looks detailed at first glance, will give it a read later

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27297220 - 05/06/21 03:30 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Suicides down 9% since pandemic
Auto fatalities up 9%
ILI (influenza like illnesss) deaths down over 95% during pandemic. ILI is what we call flu deaths, but is really any death caused by infectious pneumonia type diseases like the flu, colds and any number of other non specific causes. For obvious reasons covid is a separate category

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: koods]
    #27297221 - 05/06/21 03:33 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Weird that suicides are down 9%.

Every Day Reality - beats covid lockdown by a mile.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Asante]
    #27297227 - 05/06/21 03:38 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah a lot of the common wisdom about how the pandemic would affect people turned out to be dead wrong. They suspect auto fatalities are up because less traffic allowed people to drive faster.

Suicide rates had started to drop in the US for a few years but 2020 was a huge drop compared to normal year over year changes.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (05/06/21 03:42 PM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27297240 - 05/06/21 03:51 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Drug overdoses were way up in 2020

There’s a lot of conflicting data on heart attacks. One report says heart attacks are way up and others say they are way down. I think what’s happening is a lot of people with covid have a fatal cardiac ischemia as the proximal cause of death, which has dramatically increased the number of heart attack deaths, but heart attacks unrelated to covid have actually plummeted.

https://coloradosun.com/2020/08/17/denver-coronavirus-deaths-heart-attack/

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#27297245 - 05/06/21 03:54 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

That is very odd, the number of overdoses definitely seemed to take a sharp decline from around april to august where i am at. I wonder if it was because outpatient services for things like methadone and suboxone, which are not used nearly as much here as elsewhere, went down.

By september or so things seemed to be basically the same as they had been prior to the pandemic in terms of mortality with the exception of the deaths from covid itself obviously

Frankly doesnt surprise me a lot that suicides went down. As much as people were bitching about not having a job, at least as many people were taking a sigh of relief from having to work, collecting unemployment

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27297322 - 05/06/21 04:56 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Got my Pfizer shot #2 this morning. 
Woohoo!  :rockon::rockon::rockon:

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #27297328 - 05/06/21 05:03 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

DC has dropped its mask mandate for indoors if you’re vaccinated. It’ll be weird being inside a store without one

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #27297735 - 05/06/21 09:13 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I thought it was a pizza on that medallion for a split second, lol!

--------------------

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

#27297749 - 05/06/21 09:20 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
DC has dropped its mask mandate for indoors if you’re vaccinated. It’ll be weird being inside a store without one

That's what's up.  And yea definitely will feel weird lol.
Mannn, I probably played a little too much keyboard this evening... my arm that got the shot is sore as fuuuuuck.  Kinda have general body aches and kinda hurts to pee like how when I have the flu.  I had these same symptoms for the first shot, so I probably will be quite lazy tomorrow and should be good by Saturday.

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

InvisibleLeafRaker
nomad
 User Gallery

#27298864 - 05/07/21 03:52 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Auto fatalities up 9%
ILI (influenza like illnesss) deaths down over 95% during pandemic. ILI is what we call flu deaths, but is really any death caused by infectious pneumonia type diseases like the flu, colds and any number of other non specific causes. For obvious reasons covid is a separate category

Y'all need to talk about how massively murder rates increased in 2020. Some preliminary data had the major city totals with a 40% increase over the previous year.

--------------------
Knowledge is finite, ignorance is infinite.

InvisibleLeafRaker
nomad
 User Gallery

#27298869 - 05/07/21 03:55 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Mentioned that paper on excess deaths to someone that hadn't read it. They immediately said it sounded like Chris Murray and that we should believe, at most, 25% of what it says. Well guess who spearheaded it???

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: LeafRaker]
    #27298926 - 05/07/21 04:31 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LeafRaker said:
Quote:

koods said:
Auto fatalities up 9%

Y'all need to talk about how massively murder rates increased in 2020. Some preliminary data had the major city totals with a 40% increase over the previous year.

American carnage

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisibleLeafRaker
nomad
 User Gallery

#27298968 - 05/07/21 04:58 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

LeafRaker said:
Quote:

koods said:
Auto fatalities up 9%

American carnage

It's fuckin' depressing shit. I remember massive murders in the 1980s and 1990s and thought we were passed that crap. It especially bothers me that it's so under-reported.

--------------------

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #27299045 - 05/07/21 05:38 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lifeiswhatyoumake said:
Got my Pfizer shot #2 this morning. 
Woohoo!  :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Quote:

lifeiswhatyoumake said:
Quote:

koods said:

That's what's up.  And yea definitely will feel weird lol.
Mannn, I probably played a little too much keyboard this evening... my arm that got the shot is sore as fuuuuuck.  Kinda have general body aches and kinda hurts to pee like how when I have the flu.  I had these same symptoms for the first shot, so I probably will be quite lazy tomorrow and should be good by Saturday.

Moderna number two ripped me a new one. I seriously thought I was dying at one point. I’m hoping that they’ll fine tune the dosage a little more for the boosters. I got the fever and chills(and eventually the sweats) and ended up extremely dehydrated and on the bathroom floor feeling a bit delirious till 5 am. I also think I’ve had covid before, and I’ve heard it’s worse in people who have had it. Next time I’m stocking up on pedialyte and getting myself more prepared. I thought it would hit me hard but I was not prepared to be unable to walk without feeling like I was going to faint for much of the night.

By midday the next day I was good as new :shrug:. Most people I know just felt like they had a hangover at worst. Immune systems are weird. And yeah for both doses I couldn’t even lift my arm - massaging it helps.

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: pirate-blues]
    #27299053 - 05/07/21 05:42 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

pirate-blues said:

Moderna number two ripped me a new one. I seriously thought I was dying at one point.

Fuck!

I bit the bullet and got Moderna #1 today and have been feeling a bit nauseous and tired and stuff but everyone keeps saying #2 kicks their ass.

Honestly I'm pretty certain I've had covid before anyways.

I might skip dose #2 to be honest.

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Fiery] * 2
    #27299055 - 05/07/21 05:46 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Please don’t - it provides really good protection against the variants. It’s also worth noting I just started eating extremely low carb around then and probably had a bit of an electrolyte imbalance - probably made it worse. Most everyone else I know just felt hungover. I really feel like I would’ve been fine if I could’ve gotten myself some water or was able to stay more hydrated.

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: pirate-blues]
    #27299062 - 05/07/21 05:51 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

pirate-blues said:
Please don’t - it provides really good protection against the variants.

How so?  verses shot #1 ---if you don't mind me asking.

Also- how long before the shots did you think you had covid?

And- do you get the flu shot reguarily?

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Fiery] * 2
    #27299078 - 05/07/21 06:02 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I get the flu shot regularly because my grandmother lives in a skilled nursing wing - it’s never taken me out like that before. The first shot I had to take the pto I was offered(didn’t want to) because I was feeling really fatigued and I was having a tough time typing with me arm. That was more comparable to a flu shot, but still way more pronounced.

I think I got it from an NYE party in 2020. I had a run of the mill upper respiratory infection, couldn’t smell for a month, then around February started getting weird neurological issues that they couldn’t find a reason for.
I actually posted the main issue to shroomery round then. No one could figure out why it kept happening, and right after a bunch of tests ruled out everything obviously wrong the pandemic shut down everything. It cleared up and never happened again.

My doctor said he saw an uptick in neuro symptoms and basically told me it was highly probable it was covid - as I was in the nyc metro for the party(and was in the general area a lot and around others who were as well), but that it was pretty much impossible to say for sure.

My thoughts on the vaccine are that even if you’re low risk, covid is still many magnitudes more dangerous than the vaccine. I know it’s more of a mental hurdle to overcome because you’re actively injecting yourself with a new pharmaceutical- vs fate just kinda getting you with covid. I would do it again and I think it was worth it.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order