Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 725 | 726 | 727 | 728 | 729 | 730 | 731 | 732 | 733 | 734 | 735 | 736 | 737 | 738 | 739 | 740 | 741 | 742 | 743 | 744 | 745 | Next >
OfflineFSHuntings
Half Man Half Amazing

Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: cannabinated]
    #26901853 - 08/27/20 08:52 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

RIP ODB.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: Gorlax]
    #26901884 - 08/27/20 09:02 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Excuse my ignorance, I tried googling it and came up with zilch.
Is it posible to multilpy the supply of these antibodies from the available plasma, much like we might expand mycelium via agar, LC'S or G/G?
Like squirt 1ml of "plasma" into gallon of sugar water -or whatever- to mass produce these antibodies.

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: deucedbi9]
    #26902003 - 08/27/20 09:58 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

IF you did would you take them to the hospital with you while you work?  Would the hospital allow that?

yes and yes, happens all the time. Hospitals arent high risk, covid patients are separated from everyone else. I dont know what it means to get tired of yourself. It is easy to tell you about my experience. I have chosen not to have children but a lot of my friends do, I am in my 30s. My friends with children get even more government money than everyone else :shrug:

I have read some things about situations in other countries and havent encountered anything indicating other countries have simultaneously been able to retain all employees, experience minimal economic damage, and minimize the spread of covid. Im just asking you to share whatever you have found, it shouldnt be that hard. Whenever i have read something I can just start typing it into my search bar and it will pop up from my browsing history :shrug:

Even if I were conceited it wouldn't "make you right". That is an ad hominem. Not interested in trying to argue about how humble or conceited I am I just had some questions about your perspective and you got unnecessarily defensive and rude

Btw I actually interact with quite a few homeless and disadvantaged people at work. Admittedly that is a skewed sample bc a lot of them have covid which makes them more likely to be the kind of people who say the suffering they experience as a result of covid is worse than the suffering they experience as a result of changes to the economy

Edited by morrowasted (08/27/20 10:12 AM)

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: morrowasted] * 2
    #26902045 - 08/27/20 10:28 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Theres a lot of things i dont actively believe in because i dont experience them directly. God. Alien abductions. Dragons. Theres people out there who believe in them but if they come to me and say "the only reason you are oblivious to the existence lf dragons is because you surround yourself with people and circumstances that arent conducive to experiencing dragons". I mean, sure. True. But that isnt a reason for me to believe in dragons.

With respect people experiencing economic hatdship right now, it isnt even that I sont believe they exist. Im was just asking if you were one of those people. That way i could have an idea what kind of person i am talking to. The nature of the questions i ask about whether dragons do or dont exist will depend on whether the person i am talking to claims to have seen dragons or just arguing from a position of abstraction. Or maybe a position of knowing people they trust who have seen dragons. And i dont want to figure that out so i can figure out the best strategy for "proving them wrong". I just like to know so i can ask the most productive questions possible based on which type of person they are. If someone wants me to believe in dragons and i ask them some questions and theyre like "its not my job to do your research for you" ill just be like ok whatever you must not really care that much whether i believe or not, and go on with my life :shrug: if it is important to them, they will put some effort into trying to convince me

I guess it is a conversational style i have generalized from work. If you are a patient i will always do an assessment involving a set of questions first before trying to proceed. I dont just walk into the room of everyone who had a heart attack accusing them of not taking their meds or eating too much junk food. I ask questions and that positions me to both be able to learn the most useful information possible and to be potentially be more helpful

Edited by morrowasted (08/27/20 10:40 AM)

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #26902210 - 08/27/20 11:51 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Quote:

IF you did would you take them to the hospital with you while you work?  Would the hospital allow that?

yes and yes, happens all the time. Hospitals arent high risk, covid patients are separated from everyone else. I dont know what it means to get tired of yourself. It is easy to tell you about my experience. I have chosen not to have children but a lot of my friends do, I am in my 30s. My friends with children get even more government money than everyone else :shrug:

Interesting... then why is so much of healthcare shut down?  You said yourself there were massive layoffs in your industry.  But if there is no health risk, what was the point?

Unfortunately, again, you and your friends are not all of America or the world.  You are also not representative of it.  You are in a very privileged class.

The money you are referring to is the CARES act, which was a one time payment, not ongoing.  The amount was at most $500 per child, but with a limit on the number of children.  It is not recurring.  It happened when, in May? It is nearly September now. 

Again, not everyone received stimulus money.  It is done through the IRS.  If you do not work a normal job and file taxes you would not receive this money.  Unemployment is also not a right.  There are qualifiers and many are unable to collect.

Quote:

morrowasted said:
I have read some things about situations in other countries and havent encountered anything indicating other countries have simultaneously been able to retain all employees, experience minimal economic damage, and minimize the spread of covid. Im just asking you to share whatever you have found, it shouldnt be that hard. Whenever i have read something I can just start typing it into my search bar and it will pop up from my browsing history :shrug:

Okay, you win.  I'll do your work for you.  I already provided you a country as a jumpstart, but you couldn't bother with 30 seconds of Google.

Quote:

There is an expansion of the existing system of financial support to help firms retain workers by putting them on shorter hours while covering some of the worker's loss of income.

This scheme, known in German as Kurzarbeit, has often been credited with helping limit the rise in unemployment in the wake of the financial crisis of 2008-9.

There have also been grants to small business owners and self-employed people and interest-free tax deferrals. A subsequent package in early June added further grants for small firms; subsidies and investment in green technology and digitalisation; and a temporary reduction in value added tax (VAT).

I'm sure you jump at the chance to mention the US doing similar for small businesses, however, you would have to ignore the information on what a complete failure this was, as major corporations grabbed most of the money.

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Even if I were conceited it wouldn't "make you right". That is an ad hominem. Not interested in trying to argue about how humble or conceited I am I just had some questions about your perspective and you got unnecessarily defensive and rude

Calling me rude is just as ad hominem as me calling out your self obsession.

In this thread when I attempted to provide information from my own personal experience all I received was personal attacks.  The very fact of using the word "I" was claimed I only thought of myself.  So I have since relied on providing only the experience of others and 3rd party sources for macroscopic trends.  Although this same standard of speaking from one's own personal experience seems to not be applied in general, only to specific users.

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Btw I actually interact with quite a few homeless and disadvantaged people at work. Admittedly that is a skewed sample bc a lot of them have covid which makes them more likely to be the kind of people who say the suffering they experience as a result of covid is worse than the suffering they experience as a result of changes to the economy

Of course, you see exactly what you surround yourself with.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: InfiniteDreams]
    #26902288 - 08/27/20 12:35 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Again, not everyone received stimulus money.  It is done through the IRS.  If you do not work a normal job and file taxes you would not receive this money.

Are you really complaining that tax evaders are having a hard time getting welfare?

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: koods]
    #26902350 - 08/27/20 12:59 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

You would probably be complaining if I said those evaders were illegal immigrants...

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflineFSHuntings
Half Man Half Amazing

Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: Amanita86] * 2
    #26902419 - 08/27/20 01:35 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

My buddies whole family is being wrecked by COVID right now. They all have had multiple visits to the ER. They aren’t the healthiest people however. He is overweight has had a few trips to ER but is doing a little better now, his sister is very overweight/obese and is currently on a ventilator. Both are in their twenties. Mom has had Covid twice now and is at hospital currently in ICU. Dad is going pretty good and had more “mild” symptoms. All are avid church goers and my friend is a preacher. When I say friend I mean someone from high school to be honest. I am sure they spread it around really well at that church.. the church is maybe two miles from my house so that’s always fun having all those people going to the same places as me.

Take your health seriously people. The American life style is really biting a lot of people in the ass.

Edited by FSHuntings (08/27/20 01:38 PM)

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

#26902682 - 08/27/20 04:36 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Again, not everyone received stimulus money.  It is done through the IRS.  If you do not work a normal job and file taxes you would not receive this money.

Are you really complaining that tax evaders are having a hard time getting welfare?

Who are you describing by tax evader?  A banker embezzling money through the Caymans?  A person in the ghetto sweeping floors for whatever handout they'll receive?

What do you mean by welfare?  The assistance programs that are in place commonly, or the special one off legislation that was passed this year in response to the pandemic?

Remember, koods, you are a shoe-in for the Trump campaign. And you best believe they won't be bothered with filing the appropriate paperwork.

Edited by InfiniteDreams (08/27/20 05:02 PM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26903013 - 08/27/20 07:35 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Im describing a tax evader as someone who has a job but doesn’t pay taxes. I’m describing welfare as government assistance.

BTW, you didn’t even need to have filed taxes recently to qualify for the covid payments.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (08/27/20 07:37 PM)

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

#26903078 - 08/27/20 08:09 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Im describing a tax evader as someone who has a job but doesn’t pay taxes. I’m describing welfare as government assistance.

BTW, you didn’t even need to have filed taxes recently to qualify for the covid payments.

I have thoroughly read all of the CARES act conditions.  Recently is vague language.  You would have had to have filed in at least 2018, 2019, or 2020 to qualify.  But this is just another deflection.

Take your argument up with morrowasted. 

I say let people have access to food and shelter that they need, regardless of their status.

morrowasted brings up that the destitute are supposedly getting government handouts, so it shouldn't matter that they are cut off from their livelihood.

So I mention that they are not necessarily recipients of these government handouts.

And in true misinformation fashion you create a facetious standpoint.  I admire your ability and know you would be extremely successful working for Trump.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: InfiniteDreams] * 1
    #26903162 - 08/27/20 08:47 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

have thoroughly read all of the CARES act conditions.  Recently is vague language.  You would have had to have filed in at least 2018, 2019, or 2020 to qualify.  But this is just another deflection.

Nope. You could be unemployed your entire life and get the $1200.

Quote:

You're likely eligible for an Economic Impact Payment if you meet all these requirements:

Are a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, resident alien, or qualifying resident alien
Have a Social Security number that is valid for employment,
Could not be claimed as a dependent by another taxpayer, and
Had adjusted gross income under certain limits.

You can use the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool to provide simple information so you can get your payment. You should use this application if you meet all these requirements:

Are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident,
Had gross income that did not exceed $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples) for 2019, and
Did not file a return for 2018 or 2019 and were not otherwise required to file a federal income tax return for 2019.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (08/27/20 08:49 PM)

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: koods] * 1
    #26903185 - 08/27/20 09:06 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

You forgot a part:

Quote:

Information you will need to provide:
* Full name, current mailing address and an email address
* Date of birth and valid Social Security number
* Bank account number, type and routing number, if you have one
* Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier this year, if you have one
* Taxpayers who previously have been issued an Identity Protection PIN but lost it, must use the Get an IP PIN tool to retrieve their numbers
* Driver’s license or state-issued ID, if you have one
* For each qualifying child during 2019: name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number and their relationship to you or your spouse

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26903260 - 08/27/20 10:00 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Not relevant information to prove you wrong. Again.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
    #26903481 - 08/28/20 04:51 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Down my street a bar had to close positive covid test. 82 year old owner got it. It's back open now. And he still is pissed off about masks and said it fucked up his birthday.

--------------------
:whyyy:

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: bodhisatta] * 5
    #26903931 - 08/28/20 11:06 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

180,000 other Americans aren’t having anymore birthdays. I’m pissed off about that.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

#26904184 - 08/28/20 01:08 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Not relevant information to prove you wrong. Again.

koods, I see right through you.  What I provided that you conveniently left out very clearly shows the issue.  Your 8 ignorant words are low effort and misleading, as usual.

But why do you lead us down this tangential rabbit hole?  Is it just to distract from the original point?  Again, you are missing your calling if you are not already in Trump's employ.

Also, why do you only ever latch on to one small detail and pretend that it is more important than the holistic viewpoint?  This isn't just with me, it is your MO.  You conveniently ignore 99% of what is said to focus on a minuscule detail so you can announce yourself a victor irrespective of its relevance 

The specifics of the CARES act do not matter to those living outside the US.  Only 50% of Americans received the payment from the CARES act.  Even for those who did, a one time payment in May is barely worth mentioning.

Plenty of people are in danger of losing their homes, unable to collect unemployment, struggling to feed their children, unable to receive medical treatment they rely on.  They do not support these decisions that have cost them their stability.  They do not wish ill on others, but are bitter at being sacrificed.  I do not support the actions driven by fear that have endangered them and their future.  I know this because I participate in charity to help those in my community.

Edited by InfiniteDreams (08/28/20 02:39 PM)

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: InfiniteDreams] * 1
    #26905205 - 08/28/20 10:26 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

InfiniteDreams said:

I don't haven't worked a normal job or filed taxes since 2012, and I still got my $1200.  I am not a tax evader, I just didn't make quite enough money to be required to file. 

Any US citizen who thinks they aren't eligible for stimulus should definitely go to https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here and see if they can claim their $1200.  It took about ten minutes to fill out the forms and my check arrived in about a month.

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: Alan Rockefeller] * 1
    #26906194 - 08/29/20 03:07 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

InfiniteDreams said:

I don't haven't worked a normal job or filed taxes since 2012, and I still got my $1200.  I am not a tax evader, I just didn't make quite enough money to be required to file. 

Any US citizen who thinks they aren't eligible for stimulus should definitely go to https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here and see if they can claim their $1200.  It took about ten minutes to fill out the forms and my check arrived in about a month.

Anyone eligible should apply.  There is a deadline: October 15.  Beyond that it may not matter if you were eligible.

Remember, not everyone has access to the Internet or an understanding of tax code.  If you are in the US and know people in your community who should be receiving these funds, but may not know how to navigate these systems, consider helping them apply.

Not everyone has access to banks or can supply the IRS with appropriate routing/account info for easy distribution.  Additional work may be necessary here to facilitate the distribution of funds.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#26906244 - 08/29/20 03:47 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

A while back I mentioned I had a friend who was hospitalized on a vent with covid. He came off the vent and eventually was discharged to a skilled nursing facility because he was very weak frail after weeks of hospitalization. He seemed to be over the acute infection itself and making a recovery in the skilled nursing facility but today he developed a pulmonary embolism. He is now back on a ventilator. He cannot receive anti blod clot meds because he developed a severe stomach ulcer after being on parenteral nutrition for a long time. Under different circumstances they might do an embolectomy but in his case I doubt they will because of his condition. Needless to say his prognosis is very very poor.

:sad:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 725 | 726 | 727 | 728 | 729 | 730 | 731 | 732 | 733 | 734 | 735 | 736 | 737 | 738 | 739 | 740 | 741 | 742 | 743 | 744 | 745 | Next >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale