Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
Grow room building materials
    #26899864 - 08/26/20 03:58 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I'm going to be putting a 4 lighter in my basement but honestly I am a terrible carpenter. In the past I've just used whole bedrooms and tents to avoid too much actual building. In a perfect world I'd like an enclosure I can disassemble quickly and add to if need to but if I have to frame it out and do it right I can. Anyone have any inspiration to throw my way? Cheap material recommendations?

--------------------

As the spark of the dream ignites a flame of desire all we have is time and all to do is admire

Spawning to Bulk Substate TEK

General Myco Info / FAQ / Terminology

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Re: Grow room building materials [Re: GreenHorns]
    #26904736 - 08/28/20 06:14 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

2x4's are a pretty cheap building material, and you don't have to be much of a carpenter to screw them together with a drill and build whatever you want.  Some kind of plastic in a roll for the walls.  Wouldn't that work?

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

Re: Grow room building materials [Re: Forrester]
    #26905474 - 08/29/20 05:39 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I also don't have a truck anymore so hauling wood may be a task. I considered pvc but I'm doubtful it would be strong enough to support any equipment. May just see if a lumber yard around here delivers smaller loads.

--------------------

As the spark of the dream ignites a flame of desire all we have is time and all to do is admire

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Re: Grow room building materials [Re: GreenHorns]
    #26905883 - 08/29/20 11:39 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Who the hell needs a truck?  :wink:

Yep that's actually my car.  Had the local lumber yard deliver wood for my deck, but I was short a bit...

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

Re: Grow room building materials [Re: Forrester] * 1
    #26906903 - 08/29/20 11:18 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Haha Necessity is the mother of all invention indeed. I see myself getting pulled over looking that that though.

--------------------

OfflineSackattack1
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Grow room building materials [Re: GreenHorns] * 1
    #26907724 - 08/30/20 12:05 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Its pretty easy to assemble one like mentioned above, just remember measure twice cut once. Here a pic of a 4x8x8 i spent about 200 on plywood and 2x4 i spent a little on insulation aswell but thats only because i really need it

OfflineSackattack1
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Grow room building materials [Re: Sackattack1]
    #26907750 - 08/30/20 12:12 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I forgot to mention it was super easy to build it took me about 3 hours, and the material is prefabricated to 8 feet you will need a partner though to level things out if you dont want to take forever

OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

Re: Grow room building materials [Re: Sackattack1]
    #26908714 - 08/30/20 08:16 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I think I just need to start it and roll with the punches. The basement has low ceilings, piers in odd places and the floor isn't terribly level. Just a lot of extra thinking and work with traditional framing. It's going to be an L shaped 4 lighter. I'm half tempted to just get tents for the guest bedroom and deal with the noise in the house.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds