Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Karo Mycelium Growth
    #2689671 - 05/17/04 02:07 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I haven't read very much literature on liquid innoculation teks, just a couple. I am slightly confused however. The culture grows on the karo syrup and feeds on it correct?

Could I actually make a liquid syringe with karo syrup and water and a bit of mycelium from an active cake, and then inject 1cc or two into a pressure cooked karo syrup/water mix jar? After doing this, the jar would take over all of the karo/water. I could then go outside, and start an outdoor grow using the liquid mycelium from a jar or two. If this works (theoretically), and it is a completely original idea, I call dibs on creating a tek :smile:

Think it would work? I'm probably going to try it in a few weeks unless a few people give me a definite no...

/EDIT
Wait, even better, drink the liquid mycelium mixture straight from the jar :smile:

Oh I'm slightly drunk by the way, so excuse my strange ideas and possibly impaired typing and grammar.

--------------------
For a reliable vendor with high quality merchandise at a great price, try BBB

Edited by adoseofparn0z (05/17/04 02:10 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: Karo Mycelium Growth [Re: adoseofparn0z]
    #2689694 - 05/17/04 02:17 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

you would prob just have an easier time using yr liquid myc to colonize a sterile substrate indoors in a controlled enviroment and then spawning that colonized substrate outdoors

i read some little hint on the nook about drinking karo water to trip once but i would never actually think of it myself
try it and get back to us
or whatever

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Offlineempath
I feel you

Loc: Seattle
Re: Karo Mycelium Growth [Re: adoseofparn0z]
    #2689697 - 05/17/04 02:18 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I guess it could work if the substrate outside was pasturized. I think it still would be far better to knock up some jars, wait until fully colonized, then spawn that to an outdoor bed. Try it out. You really got nothing to lose other than the jar of karo fluid, and you could always make more. Afoaf is going to try the neglect tek maybe next month once it gets a few degrees warmer.

--------------------
"It tastes like burning"-Ralph Wiggum

Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Re: Karo Mycelium Growth [Re: empath]
    #2689973 - 05/17/04 04:11 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I'm afraid by the time I can do the neglect tek it would be too late. It's already in upper 80's here. Texas weather is HOT. I'll prolly do neglect tek in fall though during my 3rd or 4th grow.
/EDIT
Some very unnecessary information was here, but it has been removed.

--------------------
For a reliable vendor with high quality merchandise at a great price, try BBB

Edited by adoseofparn0z (05/17/04 01:46 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation