Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesuperreggie
Stranger
Oakland Police Raided the Town’s Only Magic Mushroom Church
    #26892252 - 08/21/20 08:29 PM (1 month, 3 days ago)

https://www.kqed.org/arts/13885127/oakland-police-raided-the-towns-only-magic-mushroom-church

In an only-in-the-Bay-Area turn of events, the Oakland Police Department raided the country’s most prominent psychedelic “church” and magic mushroom dispensary last week.

Its minister, Dave Hodges, told Vice News that armed cops busted into Zide Door Church of Entheogenic Plants on Aug. 13 and seized $200,000 in cash, cannabis and several strains of psychedelic mushrooms; no one was arrested. Though the Oakland City Council voted to decriminalize hallucinogenic fungi possession and consumption last year, that policy doesn’t extend to sales. And according to police, Hodges received several warnings to shut down the operation, which their warrant described as an unpermitted cannabis dispensary.

“The council said mushrooms should not be our priority, and they’re not,” said Oakland Police Captain Randell Wingate told Vice News about the raid. “You can use mushrooms, you can grow your own mushrooms—but selling mushrooms is still not legal.”

Going live on Instagram on Aug. 20 with mushroom advocate @Oakland_Hyphae, Hodges characterized the raid as a misuse of city resources and an infringement on his religious rights. Firefighters were deployed to break into the Zide Door safe during wildfire season, he pointed out, and he questioned the police’s use of resources on the raid during a summer in which homicides are up from last year.

“The amount of Oakland manpower—that is there to be protecting people and saving people’s lives—[used] to come raid a church is insane,” he said. So far, no charges against Hodges have been filed.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Oakland Police Raided the Town’s Only Magic Mushroom Church [Re: superreggie]
    #26892899 - 08/22/20 06:34 AM (1 month, 2 days ago)

I mean - compared to other areas, that is pretty generous

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinejay.ach
Traveler
Male User Gallery

Re: Oakland Police Raided the Town’s Only Magic Mushroom Church [Re: superreggie]
    #26892958 - 08/22/20 08:16 AM (1 month, 2 days ago)

Quote:

superreggie said:
https://www.kqed.org/arts/13885127/oakland-police-raided-the-towns-only-magic-mushroom-church
“The council said mushrooms should not be our priority, and they’re not,” said Oakland Police Captain Randell Wingate told Vice News about the raid. “You can use mushrooms, you can grow your own mushrooms—but selling mushrooms is still not legal.”

Kinda makes me want to move to Oakland! 

If we could all just get this point, this place, this reality.  One day, my brother, one day.

--------------------
“One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”  - Henry Miller

OfflineDaddydough420
Stranger

Re: Oakland Police Raided the Town’s Only Magic Mushroom Church [Re: jay.ach]
    #26893072 - 08/22/20 10:02 AM (1 month, 2 days ago)

Pretty interesting. Almost anywhere else there never would have been any warnings and some jail involved.

Edited by Daddydough420 (08/22/20 10:03 AM)

InvisibleHartford
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: Oakland Police Raided the Town’s Only Magic Mushroom Church [Re: Daddydough420]
    #26893091 - 08/22/20 10:25 AM (1 month, 2 days ago)

No, no, no... It is legal to grow mushrooms now, as long as you use them wisely. This is the secret understanding that will one-day be not so secret.

It is always at the discression if law enforcement to not enforce the law. The personal well-being of the community is taken into account.

These are powerful substances. Intent is hard to control, but being a good person is very lawful. Very nice to see some jurisdictions saying it loud and clear.

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

Re: Oakland Police Raided the Town’s Only Magic Mushroom Church [Re: superreggie] * 1
    #26894683 - 08/23/20 03:52 AM (1 month, 1 day ago)

It is Oakland.  For those that have been there it is shit.  With corruption, poverty, and crime.  It is a cesspool. 

Anything progressive is moot.  Why should this come as a surprise to some?  Oakland will implode from complete lack of conscience and just lost people.  All I got when a long while back since it is cheap by California standards thinking of going to a community college, yes, Cal would of been better but am poor and toured it and it was like, no way in hell.

Sorry you lost your Raiders to Vegas.  Nothing rarely good or progressive comes from that city. 

At least the police force, Mexico style corruption, has their sights set on what is really important.:confused:

Offlinedrliquidglitch
Stranger

Re: Oakland Police Raided the Town’s Only Magic Mushroom Church [Re: Barnaby] * 1
    #26894765 - 08/23/20 06:35 AM (1 month, 1 day ago)

To be honest it sounds like their whole operation was sloppy af. Selling weed out of your shroom church is just asking for trouble.

OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Oakland Police Raided the Town’s Only Magic Mushroom Church [Re: Barnaby]
    #26894794 - 08/23/20 07:38 AM (1 month, 1 day ago)

How long ago did you live in Oakland? And how long did you live there?

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Oakland Police Raided the Town’s Only Magic Mushroom Church [Re: Holybullshit] * 1
    #26894865 - 08/23/20 09:11 AM (1 month, 1 day ago)

A more appropriate title for this article.
Shithead losers fuck with shithead losers.

Always someone out there wants to make a church to sell people drugs. Show people how to grow their own mushrooms if you're not a dickhead

--------------------
police violence is no accident
ACAB
There's two kinds of people. Those who have had a bad interaction with cops and those who haven't got their turn

Offlineshroomshine
Botch Lady

Loc: off the Richter
Re: Oakland Police Raided the Town’s Only Magic Mushroom Church [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26895859 - 08/23/20 09:07 PM (1 month, 1 day ago)

this dude also claims to take 50-70g dry on the regular.. don't know what to think about this cat

--------------------
Life is not the opposite of Death. The opposite of Death is Birth. Life has no opposite.

strawberry fields forever :pinkshroom:

Shroomery.org search engine:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/search.php

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service