Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
1. My work called me to come back this summer to work. I was promised a 1.00$ raise. when my first pay arrived, there was no raise, it had in fact been docked. I'm being shorted 240$/mo. The reason? "It wasn't in the budget, and life's a bitch". I'm being paid the same amount as the people working under me... this is a real slap in a face.
2. I can't find a fucking place to live, I've been searching like a dog trying to find a new place.. to no avail. I'm pulling my hair out. If I don't find a place I can't go to school, and I won't have a place to live. This is really eating me up.
3. I'm staying at my mom's place, sleeping in the spare bed while I look for a place, and while I work. I have no privacy, and none of my personnal belongings... they're all back home.. sitting alone.. I spend my evenings trying to be productive in this small town. Paper, pencils, CD Player, and my headphones are all I have right now.. I feel like I'm being closed in... I never realized how important a little personnal space was until I had none.
4. My sister moved here for the summer, a few days ago. I cannot stand her. She goes out of her way to make my life a living hell. She literally thinks of ways to fuck up my days, and make things difficult for me. Like today. I always set my alarm early in the day, so I can just go to sleep without worrying about setting it. My sister knows this, and I've told her many many many times not to touch it. She changed it from 5:30am to 5:30pm; No reason. I missed work... this is not the first time shes done this. I keep my food seperate, I say not to eat food from a specific spot. she specifically eats it... I get up to go to work, and I have nothing to make for lunch. She insults me without any reason, she does her best, trying with very personnal verbal attacks.. no purpose other than to try and hurt me. She constantly puts down my little sister, telling her she is never going to amount to anything. She constantly tells my mother off, and insults her. If anyone disagrees with her narrow christian views or concepts of morality, she immediatly begins yelling at them, letting them know how beneath her they are. I decided a while ago I did not want her in my life, and managed quite well to maintain my distance... but the current situation I'm in just isn't working.. it hasn't even been a full week yet, and I feel like I'm going to explode.
5. Right now, this VERY instant I just want to take off, and go home... leave a note explaining why I left... Leave one for work, as well. Just laying it all out on the table, that I'm not coming back until my pay is corrected, and I find a place to live... and If they have a problem with that, that they can replace me.
6. One of my best friends/roommates is severly depressed, and I don't know what to do about it. All my friends are just sort of shruging at the whole thing... and I can't seem to do much more He never leaves anywhere.. he won't go to do anything, even if you try to get him to. He has dropped out of college, and lies a lot about things... but I still hate to see him taking the path hes headed on.. but I don't know what to do... if I try to talk to him about it, he gets angry.. and the conversation ends shortly.
7. Another of my best friends. (thats 2 out of 6, now.) is hiding something. I'm 95% sure hes doing blow. He works full time, brings in money from 'alternate sources', doesn't spend in excess by any means.. and still never has any money.. He gets his pay, takes off for a night.. when he ges back he doesnt have two dimes to rub together. I know for a fact that some of the people he hangs out with are into coke.. the reason I'm quite sure he is getting himself into it. =( I havent said anything to him about it.. or asked.. because I don't know how to, or if i even should. =(
8. I don't have anyone to talk to about anything. I don't feel like I have a REAL best friend anymore, and its killing me. Hi hello, hell yea, and good bye. chuckles, and fun talk, joshing, and whatnot... I still have all my close friends.. but I don't feel like I connect with them anymore.. its not the same.. I can hang with them for hours, and still feel empty afterwards. =\
9. All of my friends are pansy assed scaredy cats who won't go bungee jumping with me.
I'm done.. just had to get some shit off my chest.
Maybe you could ask a friend if you could stay with them for a few weeks while you try to find a place to live?
That sucks, it sounds like everything's going wrong at once. Maybe just try to relax and work everything out, things usually turn out alright in the end. Take all your problems one step at a time, fix your work error then your housing conditions then your friends' problems and so on, if you try to fix these all now when even you're not set yet it'll feel overwhelming
-------------------- So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.
1 life IS a bitch. Keep that job while you look for another one in ALL of your spare time. Maybe find 2 jobs so you can get out of there. Something will come up.
2. Make new friends. Ones who may be looking for a roommate soon.
3. Spend the spare time by getting out more. You may find a job or a room mate.
4. She won't be around forever. Bide your time. Buy a wristwatch with an alarm.
5. You'll always feel like that. Sometimes it may be stronger, like now.
6. Your friend needs counseling. There's nothing you can do to help except tell his family and they probably know. I'm sorry. Make sure he can always find you so you may be there if he ever needs support. 7. Yeah, he's doing coke. As we get out on our own, our friends often take different roads than us. Maybe he'll come out ok.
8. Get out and make new friends! Friernds will always come and go. Rely on yourself and love ppl while they're around.
9. There ya go! Make friends by hanging out where everyone goes bungee jumping!