Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

Does anyone else feel horribly alone?
    #26885822 - 08/17/20 10:03 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not talking about the quarantine. I just feel alone, even when with people.

The sad part is that I at least do have people. I have a girlfriend, who I'm not totally in love with, but she is my best friend. I have a few friends I've been able to get together and play poker with. It just feels like every little thing irritates me.

I dunno; I have a few issues I've been working through in therapy and whatnot. I'm just curious if anyone else struggles to really connect with people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #26885845 - 08/17/20 10:37 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, is the bottom line answer. But I can offer zero words of wisdom.  I had a dysfunctional childhood and have also had some counseling which has helped. But I feel different from other people.  They go out, laugh (at ridiculous things, IMO) dance, go to concerts (well, before COVID), and do all sorts of social things... I guess I'm just not a very social person. I'm an introvert who likes to think about things deeply and have meaningful discussions, so my friends think I'm kind of a drag.  It's okay. It's not great, but I'm getting through.  I figure eventually I'll find some people more like myself.  Maybe then I'll be happier, I dunno.  Good luck to you.

Anonymous #3

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #26885884 - 08/17/20 11:23 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

My guess is that you are very empathetic and somehow translate the lack of empathy others show you as a feeling of isolation.

Expect nothing from others, as the vast majority of people are very selfish, anything you do recieve be thankful for, if you can get used to training your feelings in this way, you will always feel content.

Keep in mind my diagnosis is not nearly as important as my prescription, which is a healthy dose of joy right down in your heart.
:heart:

And I am never alone when the joy is in my heart.

Anonymous #1

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #26885934 - 08/18/20 12:56 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I appreciate your input, thank you. I feel very similar in some respects. I hope things can get better than just "getting through", for you and all of us who feel that way.

Anonymous #1

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #26885936 - 08/18/20 12:59 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:
My guess is that you are very empathetic and somehow translate the lack of empathy others show you as a feeling of isolation.

I like this, thank you for your insight. I was an incredibly empathetic as a child, almost to a fault, and although I feel like I've lost some of that it's likely I still give more empathy than I get in return. I should adjust my expectations accordingly, as you say.

I will do my best to cultivate joy in my heart, even when it is most difficult.

Anonymous #4

#26918957 - 09/05/20 09:56 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, even before quarantine I was isolated. Now people are afraid to leave their homes and stand 6 feet away from another. Being close to your inner circle, there is anxiety you will get them sick or vice versa. The politicization of every problem is slamming the stake to further divide us. Being an introvert on top of it is tough. You're not alone.

I -highly- recommend a book- Quiet, The power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking, by Susan Cain.  It really helped me.

Anonymous #5

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #26923714 - 09/07/20 07:55 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Most people are alone, it's a side effect of technology.

Hit up some conventions, plants, comiccon, furry, etc, find people, jump into a D&D group (read the player's hand book first).

Anonymous #6

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #26938203 - 09/15/20 11:21 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Yep, and anxious too. Finally, after 40 years going to see a psych and a shrink about my issues.

Anonymous #7

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #26941312 - 09/17/20 08:39 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Yup thanks Covid and Trump

Anonymous #8

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #7] * 1
    #26945465 - 09/20/20 02:54 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

You smoke weed
You get baked
You play the ukulele
thats life mon.....

Anonymous #4

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #26945991 - 09/20/20 11:02 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

So I wait, for the day that I hear the key,
As it turns in the lock as the guard will say to me-
"Oh my patient prisoner you've been waiting for this day, and finally,
You are free,
You are free,
You are free."

Anonymous #9

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #26948555 - 09/21/20 09:55 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Your really not alone. I had a highly respected job and covid fucked that all up. Now I’m scraping by. Most of my friends got married and are having kids and I’m quarantined in a different city. It sucks and I feel your pain. I too saw a psych for the first time and oh man the look on his face said a lot. This has to be how Kim Jong Un feels super isolated.

sadly we live in a time where if you feel like shit all the docs do is throw chemical spaghetti at the wall. I told the doc I used to drink a lot in college and he said I could be an alcoholic but I dont even drink anymore. One bht even wanted me to go to rehab for weed and im a mmj card holder. I feel super alone cuz the docs report positive drug test even if its from medical marijuana. My family way too old school to explain that which drives me even crazier. 

see your not alone. I’ve been bored out of my mind for weeks.

Anonymous #10

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #26950190 - 09/22/20 09:53 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Yea, literally all i do now is jerk my durkin all day long.

I havent even seen another creature in years.

So i just jerk my durkin until it durks .

Anonymous #11

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #26950577 - 09/23/20 07:09 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Perhaps some respect to privacy. No one wants that information. If you need a wedding then that can probably be arranged but what you two do when no one else is around is between you two.

Literally my wife read this and spit out her coffee and asked what the sanctity of marriage means anymore? We are literally about to get divorced plus she has been bothering me with her real estate job making more money then me one upping me so this divorce was coming from a mile away anyway.

But still. Cmon you have no fucking decency?

Anonymous #8

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #26952050 - 09/23/20 11:49 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Ketamine cures depression.

Anonymous #1

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #26993123 - 10/19/20 02:34 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #8 said:
Ketamine cures depression.

For two weeks* IME

But yes, it does. You can even get a prescription for it now.

Anonymous #12

#26993172 - 10/19/20 03:06 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Yes

Anonymous #13

#26993782 - 10/19/20 10:42 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

i do ig cus no1 likes me

Anonymous #14

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #26993812 - 10/19/20 11:07 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I feel the same way man. And not having any drugs has made it worse. Havent smoked in nearly a year and I'm itchin for it a little bit.

Anonymous #15

Re: Does anyone else feel horribly alone? [Re: Anonymous #14]
    #26993998 - 10/20/20 06:03 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

In the late sixties and into the seventies I did acid hundreds of times, and although I had great trips, I did see other people who had varying degrees of bad trips.
The one thing that all those bad trips had in common was the basic realization that we are all here so very alone.  It is the profound existential price one pays for being an individual in a universe that seems indifferent to our presence.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags