Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblereplyom

Lecanicillium fungicola (verticillium dry bubble) contamination?
    #26883522 - 08/16/20 03:59 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Hoping to get the input of more of you fine cultivation people regarding these tubs I posted about in Cultivation General Discussion (below).

What do you think about the masses of fruiting body growth with no caps in the younger tub? Verticillium?

What do you think about the "frosting" covering the fruits in the older tub? Do you think it's verticillium? Are these fruits safe to eat?

Happy to answer any questions. Thanks so much.

Quote:

I said:
Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Quote:

I said:

Anyone know what's going on here? Around day 10 post-spawn these "pins" started to appear - at least I thought they were pins. But now it's clear that they are something else - just masses of fruiting body with no head. Y'all seen this before?

That actually looks like the dry bubbles associated with Lecanicillium fungicola. I would keep an eye on that, do not mist it and keep it away from other grows until you’re sure.

Oh shit, I just misted it... What am I keeping an eye on/looking for?

I have another tub currently on its 2nd flush sitting right next to this one. The caps are kind of fuzzy white - I've been thinking that was because of poor conditions (super dry unmodified tub), but perhaps it's contamination? Does this look like Lecanicillium fungicola? Or if not, any idea what might be going on here? Are these fruits safe to eat?

Here's the update on the younger tub with what are potentially "dry bubbles" due to Lecanicillium fungicola i.e. verticillium:

The arc of dry coir and lack of growth on the left seems to be due to the LED strip I taped to the side of the tub lol - must be too hot. The lid is opaque and the tub is only ~8 inches tall so I went with this method to get some light into the tub. I don't think I'll be using these tubs again.

Edit: I just noticed these small brown dots on one of the white masses with no head/cap. From what I've read, this seems to confirm that it is dry bubble...

Edited by replyom (08/16/20 04:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies