Home | Community | Message Board

KykeonAnalytics.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinechr0nic
Stranger
 User Gallery
Tips on Fanning/Misting once Pins start popping up.
    #26878501 - 08/13/20 01:06 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I have a 22 quart tub that’s 5 days into fruiting. Current setup has four 1/2 inch holes at substrate level for FAE covered with one layer of Micropore tape and two holes at the top for GE also covered with one layer of Micropore tape. I’m keeping the lid closed for the most part, sometimes I crack it open after misting to let the water beads evaporate a little before replacing the lid but usually it stays on. At this point I’m fanning and misting twice a day. It’s my first time growing, any suggestions and tips on fanning/misting would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by chr0nic (08/13/20 01:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLadysKnight
Hello Ladies
 User Gallery

Re: Tips on Fanning/Misting once Pins start popping up. [Re: chr0nic]
    #26878526 - 08/13/20 01:15 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Read a current Tek. No one fans tubs, misting is mostly between flushes.

--------------------
Don't follow leaders

Offlinechr0nic
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Tips on Fanning/Misting once Pins start popping up. [Re: LadysKnight]
    #26878545 - 08/13/20 01:22 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I’ve read so many conflicting views from mist/fan 3 times a day to set it and forget it. Can you link a tek that explains the right conditions at this point?

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tips on Fanning/Misting once Pins start popping up. [Re: LadysKnight] * 1
    #26878548 - 08/13/20 01:22 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I’m of the opinion that mushrooms do best when you set em up for success and then leave them the fuck alone.

Offlinechr0nic
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26878563 - 08/13/20 01:28 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

This is my very first grow, I have zero experience only surface knowledge and I’m pretty sure that my monotub is not “dialed in” and if I completely leave it alone I might end up ruining it. I’ve put a lot of effort into it and I’d be a huge disappointment if I mess up at this point. My main concern is the sub drying out it I stop misting it. Also I was told to mist and fan to encourage pinning but now that I have pins popping up, should I stop fanning and misting all together and let it do it’s thing? How would I control the humidity if I don’t mist? Any help is appreciated.

InvisibleLadysKnight
Hello Ladies
 User Gallery

#26878578 - 08/13/20 01:34 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

A current Tek will tell you to hydrate your substrate to field capacity or just under. If you do this, you won't need to think about humidity until after first flush, unless you live in a desiccant factory.

--------------------
Don't follow leaders

Offlinechr0nic
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Tips on Fanning/Misting once Pins start popping up. [Re: LadysKnight]
    #26878601 - 08/13/20 01:44 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

The sub was properly hydrated. Also I live in TX and around this time of the year the humidity is at 55-60 so then I should be ok hopefully

OfflineRapjack
Oat Soakin' Toker
I'm a teapot

Loc: Elsewhere
    #26878615 - 08/13/20 01:48 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Skip fanning because it doesn't do anything and mist when those droplets partly evaporate.  Looks good. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinechr0nic
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Tips on Fanning/Misting once Pins start popping up. [Re: Rapjack]
    #26878629 - 08/13/20 01:53 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Got it, so the idea is to have small beads of water on the sub at all times even after fruits are starting to appear?

OfflineChullaVida
Stranger
    #26879140 - 08/13/20 07:21 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I was wondering the same thing, I'll be using an unmodified tub with another unmodified tub over it, I see a lot of different opinions on misting. I was thinking to lightly mist the top tub once a day

OfflineRat-a-Tat
Psychedelic Student
Male User Gallery

Re: Tips on Fanning/Misting once Pins start popping up. [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26879160 - 08/13/20 07:43 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
I’m of the opinion that mushrooms do best when you set em up for success and then leave them the fuck alone.

Hey Pasty - in your opinion, does setting it up right include a casing (even with cubes) to make sure and keep the sub moist, to not have to mist?

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tips on Fanning/Misting once Pins start popping up. [Re: Rat-a-Tat]
    #26879234 - 08/13/20 09:03 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rat-a-Tat said:
Quote:

Pastywhyte said:

Hey Pasty - in your opinion, does setting it up right include a casing (even with cubes) to make sure and keep the sub moist, to not have to mist?

It can. Lots is dependent on your specific environment.

OfflineRapjack
Oat Soakin' Toker
I'm a teapot

Loc: Elsewhere
    #26879486 - 08/14/20 02:30 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

chr0nic said:
Got it, so the idea is to have small beads of water on the sub at all times even after fruits are starting to appear?

Indeed! That cycle of evaporation and misting is one of the major triggers for pinning. This thread helped me a lot:

Surface Moisture / When to Increase FAE

--------------------

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
    #26879798 - 08/14/20 09:20 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah try to get fresh air as high as possible without it totally drying up the beads.

The best part about tubs is they take very little maintenance once they’re set up.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineSoupyGeorge
Hazy Daze since First Grade
Male

Loc: Southern US of 'Merica
    #26879830 - 08/14/20 09:45 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rapjack said:
Skip fanning because it doesn't do anything and mist when those droplets partly evaporate.  Looks good. :smile:

:whathesaid:

There is no set schedule for misting, when the droplets are gone that's when you mist. All of the comments about having your substrate at the correct field capacity, which will eliminate misting until after the first harvest are true. They don't help you right now admittedly, but when you start your next tub pay more attention to that.

--------------------
Mellow heads will prevail.

You look like everyone else because the T.V. tells you to.
I look like everyone else so that i don't stand out to the man.
We are not the same.

InvisibleRoger Clemency
Smile
 User Gallery

Re: Tips on Fanning/Misting once Pins start popping up. [Re: SoupyGeorge]
    #26879857 - 08/14/20 09:59 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

The picture in the OP looks good but a lil wet. Probably you had just misted. If it stays like that or similar, just leave it alone. Only if it starts to truly dry up will you need to mist it.

--------------------
Sour grapes, sweet revenge
Heaven starts right where hell ends

Invisiblemushhead
Potato Devourer
I'm a teapot

Loc: Dimension H-231
Re: Tips on Fanning/Misting once Pins start popping up. [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26880081 - 08/14/20 12:35 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:

Poetry.

Offlinechr0nic
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Tips on Fanning/Misting once Pins start popping up. [Re: Roger Clemency]
    #26880095 - 08/14/20 12:48 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

So,I’ve been reading up on monotubs, and I’ve come to realize that I messed up a lot during hydrating and inoculating my sub, the sub lost a lot of moisture from the two big GE holes which were covered only with a single layer of Micropore tape. If I had sealed up my tub properly and hydrated my sub to proper field capacity I wouldn’t have had to mist during fruiting. A correctly “dialed in” tub does not need to fanned or misted throughout the first flush, it allows just enough FAE to keep the shrooms breathing well and builds up humidity to keep them happy. After reading up on how to dial in your tub I was able to fiddle with the Micropore tape to the point where the bottom 4 holes allow very little exchange and the top holes allow for a good amount of fresh air, that way fresh air comes in through the top and out the bottom (I have a ceiling fan running 24/7 on low). I’ve had this setup for two days now almost and kept the lid closed. The pins are growing nicely and I haven’t felt the need to mist and fan at all. The sides and lid has a nice layer of condensation and things are going well. This grow so far has been a huge learning experience, I have more spawn that’s almost ready to put to bulk and this time I’m gonna employ what I’ve learned and hopefully this next grow will be better. I’m very thankful to all you guys who helped me along the way. You are the best. Mush love.

Offlinechr0nic
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Tips on Fanning/Misting once Pins start popping up. [Re: mushhead]
    #26880116 - 08/14/20 12:59 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Amen brother, at first I was very skeptical of the folks who talk about set it and forget, like how do you manage humidity and fresh air and all that if you just leave it alone you’ll end up suffocating them or worse. But all that was from my own misunderstandings and ignorance of how monotubs actually work. Now that I have a better understanding I realize that if you’ve done everything right and your tub is dialed in correctly to suit “your environment” then nothing needs to be done & that’s exactly what I’m doing from now on 😂

Invisiblemushhead
Potato Devourer
I'm a teapot

Loc: Dimension H-231
    #26880200 - 08/14/20 01:54 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

chr0nic said:
Amen brother, at first I was very skeptical of the folks who talk about set it and forget, like how do you manage humidity and fresh air and all that if you just leave it alone you’ll end up suffocating them or worse. But all that was from my own misunderstandings and ignorance of how monotubs actually work. Now that I have a better understanding I realize that if you’ve done everything right and your tub is dialed in correctly to suit “your environment” then nothing needs to be done & that’s exactly what I’m doing from now on 😂

Seriously just dial in your monos well and you can just watch em with your eyes and not have to open your tub every day to spray and fan.
There are a lot of good designs out there, pasty and bod have some great stuff you should read.

Here's my basic monotub setup.
I do this hole pattern with all my tubs as it allows control over FEA a lot easier.
Plus with holes this size you wont loose a lot moisture meaning you can let your tubs go all the way through its first fruiting before doing a soak or mist.
Here's what you can accomplish with a good tek and a dialed in monotub

--------------------
Meditation Principles

Silence: Giving you room to listen / Stillness: Giving you room to feel / Spaciousness: Just giving you room

IRC: ##mycology on Libera.chat come hang!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds