Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | Next > | Last >
InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26873520 - 08/10/20 02:55 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

LOL, yeah I used just a couple grains per jar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYeetusdeetus
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: coAsTal]
    #26873543 - 08/10/20 03:11 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Just did my first Atl t1 transfers. Mine didn’t really look like the dense bright white myc I see on other people’s spore plates but I guess I’ll know if it’s mold in a couple days lol

--------------------

OfflineTight Lunchbox
Drunk cat

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Yeetusdeetus]
    #26873582 - 08/10/20 03:40 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

my atl myc isn't bright white. eventually it turns to a yellowish brownish color.

--------------------
"it's all a joke between mom contractions and coffin fittings"

The most useful tool for noobs

OfflineYeetusdeetus
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Tight Lunchbox]
    #26873662 - 08/10/20 04:30 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Basically all the germ plates had that clear non uniform growth that cubes get, but I’m pretty sure it’s the right stuff

--------------------

OfflineCelestialexplorer1
Male

Loc: Floating in a tin can
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Yeetusdeetus]
    #26873930 - 08/10/20 07:17 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

They just look like that after awhile they will even turn a deep brown.

--------------------

To spend just one moment in eternity

OfflineYugambeh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: England/Peak District
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Celestialexplorer1]
    #26874443 - 08/11/20 05:01 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

ATL#7 inoculated with LC on the 21/7.

/Y

--------------------
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

Invisiblemushhead
Potato Devourer
I'm a teapot

Loc: Dimension H-231
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Yugambeh]
    #26874687 - 08/11/20 09:21 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

So I believe perhaps I have spawned my tamps incorrectly.
I have a lot of experience with cubes and other gourmet mushrooms.
Thinking I had good rounded experience with spawning I used coco coir as a substrate, nothing mixed with it.
These jars were 2 months old but oddly did not have any sclerotium I could discern.
I allowed consolidation to occur, I did not use a liner as I wished to observe as the myc grew.
I used coir/verm as a casing after consolidation completed.
Now after a couple weeks I believe I have sclerotia forming, I'd appreciate any feed back you lads could give on spawn method for fruits. Pics bellow

I'm pretty sure there was a better way of doing this and I'd love advice for my second attempt :smile:

--------------------
Meditation Principles

Silence: Giving you room to listen / Stillness: Giving you room to feel / Spaciousness: Just giving you room

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: mushhead] * 1
    #26874694 - 08/11/20 09:24 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Look up Mycolorado's threads on tamps-- he's the standard I'm going to follow for those.
Also c10-- his flushes are amazing

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

OfflineGrimsweeper
don't fear the sweeper
 User Gallery

Loc: broom closet
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: coAsTal]
    #26874731 - 08/11/20 09:47 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Only thing I would have done differently is use Jiffy Mix or a peat based casing. A coir based casing is basically extending your substrate. You'll probably still be okay.

--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner you are a vacuum cleaner
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps

OfflineNichrome
I'm a torso!
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Zone 5
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Grimsweeper]
    #26874770 - 08/11/20 10:13 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

So here are my first tamps ever. Some nice looking clusters. The whole tub is covered in them now.

Just jumped in on this recently and have not done tons of research. The sub (pasturised chopped straw + oyster shell flour) and top layer ( sphagnum/verm/oyster shell flour) were leftovers from some prepped for cubes. The spawn was a stone that formed in an LC jar that was plucked out and tossed in a jar of rye. The rye colonized in about a week and a half with a shake in there somewhere.

This is a 16 qt tub with 1:1 spawn/sub, cased at the time of spawning, and immediately introduced to fruiting conditions About a 1.5 weeks ago. Seems really fast. I'm pleasantly surprised.

The culture was a gift from a fellow and was labeled "Tamp" no collection or lineage data was given.

--------------------
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” – Frances Hardinge

Invisiblemushhead
Potato Devourer
I'm a teapot

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Grimsweeper]
    #26875036 - 08/11/20 12:31 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

coAsTal said:
Look up Mycolorado's threads on tamps-- he's the standard I'm going to follow for those.
Also c10-- his flushes are amazing

I have taken your advice and they both have some very good content.

Quote:

Grimsweeper said:
Only thing I would have done differently is use Jiffy Mix or a peat based casing. A coir based casing is basically extending your substrate. You'll probably still be okay.

Yeah I agree with you there, you live and learn, my second attempt will be much more solid.
Especially with my jars, I believe they were just kept too cold.

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: mushhead]
    #26875126 - 08/11/20 01:31 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I spawn to straight coir no problem. C10 likes to just case the spawn and not mix with anything.

I usually case them at 4-5 days now and start fruiting and I’ve had pins at day 9 before. I’ve only run a handful of tubs so far but the myc is much much thinner than anything else I’ve grown. At full colonization it’s barely noticeable except for a few spots that grow a little thicker.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineYugambeh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: England/Peak District
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: A.k.a]
    #26875292 - 08/11/20 03:13 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

A.k.a said:
I spawn to straight coir no problem. C10 likes to just case the spawn and not mix with anything.

I usually case them at 4-5 days now and start fruiting and I’ve had pins at day 9 before. I’ve only run a handful of tubs so far but the myc is much much thinner than anything else I’ve grown. At full colonization it’s barely noticeable except for a few spots that grow a little thicker.

I'm at 4 days today with my spawned atl, will case tomorrow as it looks like full colonization now.

Really excited has I have a couple growing out of the plant pot, seems like a strong batch, really fast in the jars.

/Y

--------------------
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: A.k.a]
    #26875315 - 08/11/20 03:21 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mushhead said:
So I believe perhaps I have spawned my tamps incorrectly.
I have a lot of experience with cubes and other gourmet mushrooms.
Thinking I had good rounded experience with spawning I used coco coir as a substrate, nothing mixed with it.
These jars were 2 months old but oddly did not have any sclerotium I could discern.
I allowed consolidation to occur, I did not use a liner as I wished to observe as the myc grew.
I used coir/verm as a casing after consolidation completed.
Now after a couple weeks I believe I have sclerotia forming, I'd appreciate any feed back you lads could give on spawn method for fruits. Pics bellow

I'm pretty sure there was a better way of doing this and I'd love advice for my second attempt :smile:

Looks a bit dry. In the future use mycolorado's sandy casing . I use jiffy:sand 1:1

How long has it been spawned?

Quote:

A.k.a said:

Cased straight grain if im in a hurry or dont have coir prepped. Ive harvested 1/2 oz dry off a shoebox 11 days after spawning that way

Usually i do 1:1 spawn:coir tho

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineNichrome
I'm a torso!
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Zone 5
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26875444 - 08/11/20 04:28 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

So how many days from pin to spore production are you guys seeing with Tamps? I'm looking at taking off for a bit and wondering if I'll get the chance to print or if I should just clone clustery ones now before I go. I first noticed pins the day before yesterday and now they're just over an inch tall with more and more clusters poking out everywhere. Are you guys seeing a second flush?

Not too concerned in the long run, just want to keep my first fruited culture for nostalgia purposes. Got 3 cases of quarts ready to spawn out of the same, and a half gallon of ATL7 LC ready to go.

Beautiful creatures.

--------------------
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” – Frances Hardinge

Invisiblemushhead
Potato Devourer
I'm a teapot

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Nichrome]
    #26875652 - 08/11/20 06:10 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

c10h12n2o said:
Looks a bit dry. In the future use mycolorado's sandy casing . I use jiffy:sand 1:1

How long has it been spawned?

I spawned it about 8-10 days ago.
It has been really hot these past few days and so the climate is a tad bit drier at the moment than it regularly is.
Next time I do plan on following Yours and mycolorados stuff pretty closely.

OfflineSmoothcat
Renegade-master
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: mushhead]
    #26875754 - 08/11/20 06:56 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

My atl lasagna dishes chugging along nicely, should be able to case by the end of the week. Do you guys normally put it into fruiting straight away or allow the casing to colonise a bit first?

--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour

Links I like

OfflineCelestialexplorer1
Male

Loc: Floating in a tin can
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Smoothcat]
    #26875789 - 08/11/20 07:20 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Sometimes I’ll put the casing on and mist it a little so it doesn’t colonize because you really don’t want a super thick casing for these anyway. You can put the wrap back on after that and let it sit for 24 hours just to acclimate to it and then put it in fruiting.  Depends how things are going and if I got stuff coming behind it. Sometimes it will get cases misted and put right into fruiting. The belief is it’s better for the block to let it a climate .

--------------------

To spend just one moment in eternity

Edited by Celestialexplorer1 (08/11/20 07:21 PM)

OfflineGrimsweeper
don't fear the sweeper
 User Gallery

Loc: broom closet
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Celestialexplorer1]
    #26876115 - 08/12/20 12:04 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I wait til I see some myc poking through before flooding fae.

--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner you are a vacuum cleaner
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
    #26876344 - 08/12/20 06:09 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

So this weird circle...stone forming or contam?

--------------------
LAGM2020

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract