Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26866916 - 08/06/20 05:31 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

B21 said:
I’m searching for tips on how to get a good flush of galindoi (var atl7). I made a post earlier asking about this and someone referred me to this thread..

Every tub I fruit turns out like this one. And this tub is from a clone of the best looking fruit from a previous grow. I always inoculate with clean agar wedges.. I even oven pasteurize my substrate, which is usually cvg (sometimes poo). My casings are peat/verm/lime. Temps 76ish. Light 12/12 ...idk
Any advice greatly appreciated

Try some sand in your casing; it might help with a denser pin set.  Also, cloning clusters as opposed to solitary fruit can be helpful.  Some tImes you just gotta work them a while. 

Mycolorado’s Sand Casing Project

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycolorado]
    #26866925 - 08/06/20 05:36 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Wudup c10!  :trustme:

OfflineSmoothcat
Renegade-master
 User Gallery

#26866948 - 08/06/20 05:48 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Ok so call me crazy, or tell me I’m doing the right thing, but I was gonna bust the stones out of one of my funky 5 month old atl jar anyway but thought I may as well give it a go at fruiting it. Any pointers at this point would be welcome.

So I’ve never done these before and I had some coir n verm mix that I usually use for cubes left over so I spawned them and left the stones in, basically 1:1 in these Pyrex lasagna trays. Covered with cling film and poked lots of little holes in to allow them to breath. Also I’ve loosely put aluminium foil over the top to prevent any nastys getting in, not sure if that’s necessary tho.

Gonna leave them to colonise then case with a sand based casing (I’ve not worked out what I’ll use for that tho yet as in Uk here but will involve sand) then move into jcm pan style fruiting chamber.... sound good?
Mush love

--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour

Links I like

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Smoothcat]
    #26866952 - 08/06/20 05:51 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

ought to work great, jcm FC has rocked on all the tamps/gal i have thrown at it

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Smoothcat]
    #26866953 - 08/06/20 05:52 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Those stones look killer.  Just don’t let it dry out and you should be golden.

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycolorado]
    #26866961 - 08/06/20 05:58 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

bit off topic but mycolorado, did you do a thread on those reishi bags in your sig? things are fuckin sexy. i have an old culture greg sent me like 4 yr ago, think itll work?

--------------------

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

― Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineSmoothcat
Renegade-master
 User Gallery

#26866960 - 08/06/20 05:58 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks guys

:poast:

I’ll keep the thread posted on the progress :thumbup:

--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour

Links I like

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26866969 - 08/06/20 06:04 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I didn’t...wish I had..whenever I want to reference it I have to sift through my posts to see what I did.  That was a great culture I got from Quadman, cool cat, great grower and active poster in the gourmet section.  It was sterilized hickory pellets and bran iirc.  Wake it up and see...never know.  My culture went out to a lot of folks so could still be kicking around.  I’ll have to look in my library to see if I still have it.  I know it got rough a while back.

OfflineB21
PeaceLoveShrooms
Male

Loc: Derby City Flag
    #26867054 - 08/06/20 06:58 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

c10h12n2o said:
perceived potency is weird. its all so subjective. there are so many factors involved. i think its silly af when people argue about it. 100 people can do the exact same dose of the exact same material and you will still see a huge range in how the potency is described

even actual active content is complicated:

#1 we have no real way to measure it, and even in a lab setting there is a HUGE range of results from testing samples. This is true in cannabis as well, where if you send the same sample to 3 labs you get 3 different THC %'s

#2 take cannabis, with actual measured active content. A 99% THC distillate should be more potent than a 66% THC rosin, right? but it isnt, and i dont know anyone who would say it is. Dab both, and the rosin will win out every time. maybe its the chemical structure of the actives being more bioavailable. maybe its the role of other less studied active compounds (entourage effect). maybe its the influence of non cannabinoid compounds like terpenes and flavinoids.

with mushrooms we know even less. we know of at least 3 compounds that often play a role in the effects, but there are probably many more, which will vary across species and variety/race. for instance, i have an amazon culture which will reliably produce an all-over body rash and bright, almost seizure like flashes of colors. something is waaay different about it, probably high in one of these less common, poorly studied compounds

that said, i find tamps/galindoi to be (subjectively) around 2x as strong as cubes but with far less body load (thus often described as "gentler" ). i have also noticed a big variation an perceived potency even from the same isolates. sometimes they are not much stronger than cubes, other times they knock your socks off. have heard things like "not all those things are the same man, i did my usual dose and it wrecked me" even off the same isolate, same harvest

out of people i know who have tried cubes and tamp/gal, many prefer the tamps/gal for its lower body load

Quote:

B21 said:
I’m searching for tips on how to get a good flush of galindoi (var atl7). I made a post earlier asking about this and someone referred me to this thread..

Every tub I fruit turns out like this one. And this tub is from a clone of the best looking fruit from a previous grow. I always inoculate with clean agar wedges.. I even oven pasteurize my substrate, which is usually cvg (sometimes poo). My casings are peat/verm/lime. Temps 76ish. Light 12/12 ...idk

how are you fruiting those? what kind of light,etc?  they look to me like they need way more light and FAE

Shoeboxes. 12/12 6500k

Someone else mentioned sand on my op. I’m going to try that route this next time.

Has anyone fruited colonized quart jars that are 6 months old? I don’t pick the stones out,, just spawn it all. But I’ve only done 2 and 3 month old jars

--------------------

OfflineB21
PeaceLoveShrooms
Male

#26867057 - 08/06/20 06:59 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mycolorado said:
Quote:

B21 said:

Try some sand in your casing; it might help with a denser pin set.  Also, cloning clusters as opposed to solitary fruit can be helpful.  Some tImes you just gotta work them a while. 

Mycolorado’s Sand Casing Project

Awesome thank you
I see you use small containers in that post.. maybe I should use smaller tubs?? Instead of a shoebox? I’d love to have a sb full of fruits tho

The first cluster I get I’ll clone it. I should’ve cloned the one cluster I got one time outdoors...

--------------------

Edited by B21 (08/06/20 07:04 PM)

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: B21]
    #26867232 - 08/06/20 08:08 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

The small containers were for testing. Shoeboxes work great.

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
    #26867301 - 08/06/20 08:39 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I’ve had good pinsets off spore and t1 plates. I just mixed the spawn with a little coir and added a thin top layer. Then when the surface was colonized I cased it and got it a little wet. Then a couple days later soak it and give it tons of air and pins seem to pop out of nowhere.

Your stems are pretty thick too.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineYugambeh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: England/Peak District
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: A.k.a]
    #26867571 - 08/07/20 01:37 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Hi,

ATL#7 inoculated 5 weeks ago, ready to spawn?

/Y

--------------------
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

InvisibleGanja420Boy
Heroic Doser
 User Gallery

Loc: CoSmoS
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Yugambeh]
    #26867595 - 08/07/20 02:51 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I would say they are ready to spawn.

--------------------

....Synthesized love story or is it just a crazy dream....

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
    #26867619 - 08/07/20 03:53 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mycolorado said:

Hey Solipsis!  Interesting approach.  Might try straight verm. :shrug: 

Thanks for the tip! I will try straight verm, that coir based soil & actual coir mix (pasteurized) with some perlite in it - haha i also have this same mix for germinating cactus seedlings..
and a mix of that soil/coir with the verm, 50/50

so 3 variations.

One juicy (or at least i find it interesting) detail I will leave you with is the legal sclerotia sold from my country are weighed with a mix of a normal strain of big cool sclerotia but there is also another strain that makes a lot of small sclerotia, to be used as changed so as to more easily achieve the target weight per dose.

OfflineGrimsweeper
don't fear the sweeper
 User Gallery

Loc: broom closet
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Solipsis]
    #26867894 - 08/07/20 08:44 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Last weekend I did a 3.10 tamp tea at an outdoor bar show. I knew it was going to be intense but holyshit for a while there I thought I might visit another Realm. Had to just sit in my chair for a while and mentally talk myself through it. Ended up having a great night but really wish I was at home by myself so I could fully submerse myself in the trip.

--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner you are a vacuum cleaner
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps

OfflineDcevLearn
Team Tomentose

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: B21]
    #26869138 - 08/07/20 08:51 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

B21 said:
Has anyone fruited colonized quart jars that are 6 months old? I don’t pick the stones out,, just spawn it all. But I’ve only done 2 and 3 month old jars

I removed the stones from some 8 month old jars the other night and cased with jiffy/sand/lime.  Looks like it will be pin city soon.

--------------------

Current Project: LAGM: Stones From Scratch in 2020

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: DcevLearn]
    #26869144 - 08/07/20 08:57 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Nice :smile:

lots of nice clusters coming in :smile:

How are you fruiting them? looks a bit dry, might be the pic tho

--------------------

― Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineDcevLearn
Team Tomentose

#26869215 - 08/07/20 09:54 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

It is a bit dry, today was the first day I noticed and started misting very lightly.  It's a dubtub (2x shoebox) but modified with the holes you see in the pic.

--------------------

Current Project: LAGM: Stones From Scratch in 2020

OfflineB21
PeaceLoveShrooms
Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: DcevLearn]
    #26869537 - 08/08/20 06:04 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DcevLearn said:
Quote:

B21 said:

I removed the stones from some 8 month old jars the other night and cased with jiffy/sand/lime.  Looks like it will be pin city soon.

Righteous.. this tub is just cased grains?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate