Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate [Re: HamHead] * 1
    #26857897 - 08/01/20 09:49 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleONE OZ SLUG
-
Male

Loc: TX
Re: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate [Re: HamHead] * 3
    #26857920 - 08/01/20 10:02 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Not really sure what you're trying to prove by posting these articles nobody (including yourself) will read. The only you even give a shit about HCQ is because your daddy Trump said it might be a cure. In spite of the articles touting its benefits, it would seem the very doctors and other qualified personnel have been reporting the exact opposite. I'm going to listen to the people who actually work in this field, not some halfassed journalist. If there's anything I've learned from this thread, is that google is not your friend.

Edited by ONE OZ SLUG (08/01/20 11:06 PM)

OfflineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: daterapeville,USA
Re: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate [Re: ONE OZ SLUG] * 1
    #26857959 - 08/01/20 10:27 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I'll leave this and ask a simple question:

article

Question: Do you understand the difference between a journal impact score,  the allegations of pay for publication out other major publishers (Elsevier) and how trust worthy information is? Quick follow up (I know that's 2 questions) What's the difference between a double blind placebo controlled study and an epidemiological study?

I have I guess, unless you google, you have no idea.

--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Brenard Shaw

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate [Re: Ice9] * 1
    #26858018 - 08/01/20 11:33 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ice9 said:
I'll leave this and ask a simple question:

article

Question: Do you understand the difference between a journal impact score,  the allegations of pay for publication out other major publishers (Elsevier) and how trust worthy information is? Quick follow up (I know that's 2 questions) What's the difference between a double blind placebo controlled study and an epidemiological study?

I have I guess, unless you google, you have no idea.

:rush:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2016638

"METHODS
We conducted a randomized (comes into question), double-blind, placebo-controlled trial across the United States and parts of Canada testing hydroxychloroquine as postexposure prophylaxis. We enrolled adults who had household or occupational exposure to someone with confirmed Covid-19 at a distance of less than 6 ft for more than 10 minutes while wearing neither a face mask nor an eye shield (high-risk exposure) or while wearing a face mask but no eye shield (moderate-risk exposure). Within 4 days after exposure, we randomly assigned participants to receive either placebo or hydroxychloroquine (800 mg once, followed by 600 mg in 6 to 8 hours, then 600 mg daily for 4 additional days). The primary outcome was the incidence of either laboratory-confirmed Covid-19 or illness compatible with Covid-19 within 14 days."

First, dosage. 800mg+600mg=1,400mg Within 24hours or less, which is a little too much even when treating a malaria infection. Then, 600mg for 4 additional days equals 2,400mg. Yay, I maths, see! 2,400mg+1,400mg=3,800mg

Weight Based Dosage In Adults And Pediatric Patients

13 mg/kg (10 mg/kg base), not to exceed 800 mg (620 mg base) followed by 6.5 mg/kg (5 mg/kg base), not to exceed 400 mg (310 mg base), at 6 hours, 24 hours and 48 hours after the initial dose.

And to treat malaria, 800mg+400mg=1,200mg. Then, it says 400mg at 24 and 48 hours, which is an additional 800mg. So, 800mg+400mg@6h+400mg@24hr+400mg@48h=2,000mg.

It's no wonder people are having problems with dosages used. IMO, it's too much when only 200mg once per day for 5 days on Zelenko protocol, which includes zinc, something this trial leaves out which has been proven be a vital key when using a zinc ionophore such as HCQ.

SETTING
Recruitment was performed primarily with the use of social media outreach as well as traditional media platforms. Participants were enrolled nationwide in the United States and in the Canadian provinces of Quebec, Manitoba, and Alberta. Participants enrolled themselves through a secure Internet-based survey using the Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) system.

Not randomized.

These trials leave out zinc. Do they not understand zinc ionophore?

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26866965 - 08/06/20 06:01 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Oh, here's a gem, for those smart enough to understand what's happening.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4350140/

"Hydroxychloroquine-Inhibited Dengue Virus Is Associated with Host Defense Machinery

Abstract
Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is an antimalarial drug also used in treating autoimmune diseases. Its antiviral activity was demonstrated in restricting HIV infection in vitro; however, the clinical implications remain controversial. Infection with dengue virus (DENV) is a global public health problem, and we lack an antiviral drug for DENV. Here, we evaluated the anti-DENV potential of treatment with HCQ. Immunofluorescence assays demonstrated that HCQ could inhibit DENV serotype 1–4 infection in vitro. RT-qPCR analysis of HCQ-treated cells showed induced expression of interferon (IFN)-related antiviral proteins and certain inflammatory cytokines. Mechanistic study suggested that HCQ activated the innate immune signaling pathways of IFN-β, AP-1, and NFκB. Knocking down mitochondrial antiviral signaling protein (MAVS), inhibiting TANK binding kinase 1 (TBK1)/inhibitor-κB kinase ɛ (IKKɛ), and blocking type I IFN receptor reduced the efficiency of HCQ against DENV-2 infection. Furthermore, HCQ significantly induced cellular production of reactive oxygen species (ROS), which was involved in the host defense system. Suppression of ROS production attenuated the innate immune activation and anti-DENV-2 effect of HCQ. In summary, HCQ triggers the host defense machinery by inducing ROS- and MAVS-mediated innate immune activation against DENV infection and may be a candidate drug for DENV infection."

Oh, jeez, it's so abstract, don't get lost.

:pleasetellmemore:

What's up?

Want me to pull up some shit about Dengue vaccines used in hundreds of thousands of children?

And people have the nerve to come at me about empathy.

Fauci has no empathy.

Gates has no empathy.

--------------------

Edited by HamHead (08/06/20 06:02 PM)

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate [Re: HamHead]
    #26866973 - 08/06/20 06:06 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

You should go back and Major in bio w/ a track that emphasizes  biomed and or research.  Then you can rise through the ranks and take over the CDC p and save the world from the evil mask pandemic and then you’ll be able to tell everyone I told you so and stuff...

You’re already heavily invested, may as well go all the way baby!

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26867073 - 08/06/20 07:06 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Go back?

As if I went to begin with?

Pfft.

I worked. I learned skills.

It's only been these past 4 months or so that I've been in this rabbit hole.

Ass with the rest of you.

How many paths have you gone down?

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
    #26867119 - 08/06/20 07:31 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Speak for yourself, Ive been treating, much less learning about, viral pneumonias for longer than 4 months

InvisibleONE OZ SLUG
-
Male

#26867423 - 08/06/20 09:55 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

You just don't stop, do you? :lol:

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26867426 - 08/06/20 09:57 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Speak for yourself, Ive been treating, much less learning about, viral pneumonias for longer than 4 months

Stand corrected. You have been assisting doctors who are treating patients. You have no say in their treatments.

I know it hurts.

You'll be OK.

Quote:

ONE OZ SLUG said:
You just don't stop, do you? :lol:

No.

Not until evidence can no longer be ignored.

--------------------

InvisibleONE OZ SLUG
-
Male

#26867428 - 08/06/20 09:59 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I'm more of a results guy, but you do you

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26867446 - 08/06/20 10:22 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ONE OZ SLUG said:
I'm more of a results guy, but you do you

Same.

Quick to see, like those lethal HCQ doses given to critically ill patients.

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#26867489 - 08/06/20 11:02 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Stand corrected. You have been assisting doctors who are treating patients. You have no say in their treatments.

Nope. Nurses treat patients.

Literally just google nurses treat patients (we all know you're capable of using google). It is standard nomenclature. In the environment I work in, doctors actually do very little other than prescribe drugs, intubate patients, and insert central venous catheters.

By the way, you don't even assist doctors. You sit at home all day trying to pick arguments about a drug you almost certainly had never even heard of before it become a partisan talking point. The utter void of meaning that characterizes your existence would pitiable, if only you didn't go so far out of your way to be so insufferably annoying to people who actually contribute something valuable to the world.

You don't even know where the nursing scope of practice is defined (yeah, go ahead and google it and try to pretend that you do), much less what is actually includes.

Edited by morrowasted (08/06/20 11:12 PM)

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #26867497 - 08/06/20 11:09 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

HamHead speaks of what he does not know as if he knows it.
I imagine I’d have a hard time trusting him if he had to properly administer meds, intubate, or hook up a central venous catheter - just to name a few things...

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Edited by The Blind Ass (08/06/20 11:17 PM)

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26867504 - 08/06/20 11:22 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
I imagine I’d have a hard time trusting him if he had to administer meds, intubate, or hook up a mainline.

I would pay good money to watch this guy attempt to pass even prereqs for nursing school.

OfflineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion

Re: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #26869675 - 08/08/20 08:28 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
I imagine I’d have a hard time trusting him if he had to administer meds, intubate, or hook up a mainline.

I would pay good money to watch this guy attempt to pass even prereqs for nursing school.

Does he even have a high school diploma? The whole randomized bit in the study I linked about recruiting through facebook.  The doctors did not select patients, i.e. randomized.  When you perform a randomized trial you put out an advert seeking patients in the listed range, and take who shows up.  You do no not abduct people of the street, conduct studies on patients currently in hospital without written consent (self-selection). 

I do hope HamHead achieves his dream of a three way bath in HCQ now with zinc with Donald Trump and Alex Jones.  It would be a beautiful moment.

--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Brenard Shaw

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #26869851 - 08/08/20 10:31 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:

"Hydroxychloroquine-Inhibited Dengue Virus Is Associated with Host Defense Machinery

Abstract
Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is an antimalarial drug also used in treating autoimmune diseases. Its antiviral activity was demonstrated in restricting HIV infection in vitro; however, the clinical implications remain controversial. Infection with dengue virus (DENV) is a global public health problem, and we lack an antiviral drug for DENV. Here, we evaluated the anti-DENV potential of treatment with HCQ. Immunofluorescence assays demonstrated that HCQ could inhibit DENV serotype 1–4 infection in vitro. RT-qPCR analysis of HCQ-treated cells showed induced expression of interferon (IFN)-related antiviral proteins and certain inflammatory cytokines. Mechanistic study suggested that HCQ activated the innate immune signaling pathways of IFN-β, AP-1, and NFκB. Knocking down mitochondrial antiviral signaling protein (MAVS), inhibiting TANK binding kinase 1 (TBK1)/inhibitor-κB kinase ɛ (IKKɛ), and blocking type I IFN receptor reduced the efficiency of HCQ against DENV-2 infection. Furthermore, HCQ significantly induced cellular production of reactive oxygen species (ROS), which was involved in the host defense system. Suppression of ROS production attenuated the innate immune activation and anti-DENV-2 effect of HCQ. In summary, HCQ triggers the host defense machinery by inducing ROS- and MAVS-mediated innate immune activation against DENV infection and may be a candidate drug for DENV infection."

What's up?

Want me to pull up some shit about Dengue vaccines used in hundreds of thousands of children?

Fauci has no empathy.

Gates has no empathy.

I asked this before: Do you have any research where they actually studied if HCQ has any benefit treating dengue?

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion

#26869985 - 08/08/20 12:09 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:

Abstract

What's up?

Fauci has no empathy.

Gates has no empathy.

Direct from your article, it's a header in fact

HCQ inhibits DENV infection in vitro.

I know latin is hard, but any researcher will tell you in vitro studies do not have a high rate of success when moved to in vivo.  Keep posting irrelevant studies.  If that one worked HCQ would be a front-line treatment for DENV since it was performed in 2015.  It did not because the results did not translate to animal models most likely. 

Please keep trying and not understanding how science works. Remember the Dunning-Kruger graph I posted for you, remember where you stand on that graph.

--------------------

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate [Re: Ice9] * 4
    #26870050 - 08/08/20 12:44 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Hamhead is currently on vacation from the pub.  Be totally ok if you guys just let these fall off into oblivion and moved on.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleONE OZ SLUG
-
Male

Re: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate [Re: mndfreeze] * 1
    #26870164 - 08/08/20 02:15 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

:haha:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies