Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: The right time to harvest [Re: Vylie]
    #26862500 - 08/04/20 11:32 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Classic physics doesn’t say that the Universe notices when you observe it and it changes its behavior.

Observation requires interaction. Although physics doesn't predict quantum events, the principle is similar. If you observe something moving with touch, you alter behavior.

Quote:

The movement doesn’t require energy. Changing the speed does.

That doesn't invalidate my point. If there is no space, what would be the point of speed?

Quote:

How much space have you experienced so far? How far did you get from the planet?

For this to be relevant you would need a basis for suggesting space here (what I have experienced) is not an indicator of space there. This requires explanation.

Quote:

In this case, I can only ask, have you ever considered taking psychedelics?

Sure. What's your point? I've had interesting experiences and questioned the nature of reality. But what's to say the psychedelic experience is more real? Is there some utility to be taken from it besides the philosophical?

Quote:

* Having more than three dimensions
* Putting a poison/drug into your food that hides the true reality from your eyes.
* Etc.

Maybe we have somewhat different definitions of teleportation, but the effect is the same. You are welcome to prove you can circumvent space without movement.

Quote:

Can we say vibration is a movement between two points?
If we say that, it makes sense to accept that vibration can store energy and momentum but only if the vibrating thing has a mass.
If vibration is not a movement between two points or a movement of something without a mass, then how would it store energy?

Why must there be mass? As I mentioned, mass is not an inherent quality of energy but rather a potential property of it. Just because E=mc2 does not mean all E must contain m but rather there is the potential for it. When there is m, we can find E using that formula.

Quote:

Again, we are talking not about what I think of the reality but what the relativity theory is based on. It’s based on a kind of light that does not require a medium to travel. Such a light could exhibit redshift indeed, but then the expansion of the Universe is a movement of the objects in it because it behaves like movement in every way. And if it’s movement, it violates the relativity theory.

Again, you're equating a vacuum with the absence of a medium...

Quote:

Following the logic, we can also call it expansion of the Universe when I go to the grocery and I buy butter. It’s just a special expansion.

and equating the expansion (one type of change in relationship based on the medium) with classic movement (a change in relationship within the medium). In both cases relationships change, but that doesn't mean the causation is the same.

Quote:

Yes, if they are correct predictors.

But they are not, because the Universe seems to expand faster than the speed of light, and the speed is accelerating. That violates what physics would predict in multiple ways.

The model couldn’t be worse.

Sure it could be worse, if it didn't predict anything or predicted with poor results. And we don't know if the expansion violates physics in some way, or if there's an unseen effect that would account for the phenomena without violating physics. It's mysterious and a mystery lacks answers. Do you have answers, or is it mysterious?

Quote:

All my life, I achieved finding the correct answer by throwing away the incorrect answers and continue searching.

Stretching a ridiculous model will take you only farther from the "truth".

If you cannot use alternate answers for predictions, and the ideas you frown on can be used to predict, even in some limited context, what does that say about your answers? They hold some value to you, but why should they hold value to someone else? If alternate answers can predict some behavior, but a classic answer predicts other behavior, do you discard one in favor of the other, knowing that they both don't account for all phenomena?

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26862502 - 08/04/20 11:33 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I am not aware of any description of self-awareness without some sensation driving the changes (not necessarily sensations of externality; sensations can be internal, and may even cascade extensively - eg. during 'sensory-deprivation" which re-orients towards the internal world only).

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26862549 - 08/04/20 12:07 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by Vylie (02/11/21 02:13 PM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26862614 - 08/04/20 12:41 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Vylie said:
Quote:

redgreenvines said:
I am not aware of any description of self-awareness without some sensation driving the changes (not necessarily sensations of externality; sensations can be internal, and may even cascade extensively - eg. during 'sensory-deprivation" which re-orients towards the internal world only).

I’ve heard there was a room with almost perfect sound absorption. The world record is 45 minutes but most people can’t spend ten minutes inside.

https://www.gobeepbeep.com/world-quietest-room/#:~:text=Orfield%20Laboratories%20in%20South%20Minneapolis,stayed%20there%20in%2045%20minutes.

On the other hand, it’s a common tradition to send the wannabe shamans into complete darkness for one or two weeks.

sure, lots to learn in shaman lore,
and many reasons to give up a challenge of sensory deprivation, but sensation goes on, and when they give up, what is driving it is going to be sensations of having to pee or hunger or cramps etc.
the body produces sensations and each of those cascades into perceptions (memory events) and those can cascade into paranoid fears etc.

you can harvest this: consciousness = sensation + memory

--------------------

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26862684 - 08/04/20 01:28 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
Re: The right time to harvest [Re: Rahz]
    #26862719 - 08/04/20 02:00 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
    #26862736 - 08/04/20 02:13 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Do you believe the sun exists?

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26862751 - 08/04/20 02:23 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I can only see darkness against something brighter. but if everything is dark, I see at least two worlds, one all sparkly bits, and one which refelcts what I am doing based upon memories of doing it in light.

that said,

if I look at the same view for a few minutes, unchanging aspects of the view usually disappear. My reflex driven consciousness prefers to stay with the part that is changing.

for example the periphery of this text box looses focus+detail+color+shape+importance
until I am finished typing and maybe after pressing continue, then finally the icons come back into view.

--------------------

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#26863103 - 08/04/20 05:37 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Classic physics doesn’t say that it makes a difference whether you watch a train or not. It will go at the same speed on the same rails. Quantum mechanics says the electron knows if you observe it.

Technically I'm not watching a train, I'm watching the photons that bounced off the train. I also find curious your use of the word "knows". If I run my hand through water the water reacts, but it doesn't know anything as far as I can tell so it's an unnecessary mystification to suggest electrons know we observe them.

Quote:

It may sound crazy but one of the possible explanations is that I’m not in the room until I open my eyes.

I wouldn't say it's crazy, but the mind is capable of creating realistic imagery and sound. I'm glad you consider it one of the possible explanations rather than the truth.

Quote:

I think no human has ever been to space. They went to low orbit. The Moon landing was faked. At least the videos are fake. On one of them, I can see the air moving. No, it’s not the flag. It’s ridiculous.

Since NASA is lying about the Moon landing, it would be crazy to believe them anything.

I'm not familiar with the clip you reference, though I've seen various clips that are claimed as evidence of deception. On the surface they can seem legit, but often there are debunking the debunking videos which provide a rational basis for why a clip appears the way it does. I know what you mean, but pretty sure you didn't see "air moving". You saw an indicator, but there could be alternate explanations. I would need to see the clip and do some research to provide an opinion on it. Also, the body of evidence for distance beyond the atmosphere goes well beyond NASA.

Quote:

Let’s say this world is a simulation. You are in your room. You have been living there for decades. At least, you have memories about it. In the next moment, you find yourself in an alien laboratory. It’s not on another planet. It’s in another (simulated) world.

How much did you travel?

In this hypothetical example I apparently didn't travel, but anything can be hypothesized. To have credibility, to change a paradigm, you must have reproducible evidence that can be tested and validated.

Quote:

Mass is not the only way to store the energy, but it’s the only way we know to store energy by movement. Vibration is movement. By the way, there isn’t any known explanation of why particles vibrate. About every other vibration (water surface, sound waves, spring) there is an explanation. We believe we know the forces that cause the vibration (and we probably do). I’ve never heard or read any slightest hint about why a particle or light would vibrate.

I can't give you an exact answer without quoting things I don't understand, but physicists don't seem to have an issue with it. If you are looking for technical explanations, this is not the ideal forum for that. As to why photons vibrate, I find wave/particle duality very mysterious, but that's also something which is discussed on physics forums so you shouldn't take my lack of an answer to mean there isn't one that fits in with quantum mechanics or special relativity.

Quote:

Why do you think I can’t? I can come up with better ideas in a few minutes....

Background microwave radiation can be measured? How much microwave radiation is needed to move an object? Do these two quantities corroborate the idea that microwave shadows cause the illusion of gravity?

Frequency does decrease with distance. The cosmological red shift is a different effect. Is there a test that can be done to support one over the other using parallax or other technique?

I hope you get the idea. Even with genius physicists, people want to test their theories to see if they create reliable predictions. But I'm wondering, if you don't believe planets or space exist, why would you suggest that light gets tired over such distances, or that some substitute for gravity needs to be enunciated?

--------------------
rahz

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26863160 - 08/04/20 06:03 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
Re: The right time to harvest [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26863174 - 08/04/20 06:09 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#26863195 - 08/04/20 06:22 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Well... that's a scary story. I tend to believe the monsters are human. The ghosts of such monsters may find their way into our heads.

You seem like a kind soul so I hope you enjoy your life as well.

--------------------
rahz

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26863441 - 08/04/20 08:38 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

is the alien possession thing over then?

--------------------

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26863748 - 08/05/20 02:52 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26863752 - 08/05/20 03:00 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26870916 - 08/09/20 02:44 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by Vylie (02/11/21 02:11 PM)

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
    #26870954 - 08/09/20 04:00 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Have you any thoughts as to why you are creating such a fearful thing?

I find mushrooms and DMT remarkably similar although I haven't been able to do either for a long time.  I hear the same voices on either one.  Any sound in the air gets turned into those voices.  Water dripping from the faucet becomes the voices, whispering little rhymes.  I'd like to meet whomever is speaking but I think I'm afraid to.  The last few times I tried DMT I got instant panic and had to sit up and abort.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The right time to harvest [Re: Forrester]
    #26871022 - 08/09/20 05:58 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

vylie:...
In such a case, the only regret is that when I open my eyes, the movie is interrupted, and it won’t restart from the same point when I close my eyes again. The mushrooms are like me. They hate interruptions.

when you break the linkages that hold you in dream space, you need to seduce them to return - only rarely does the same dream pick up exactly where you want it to.

the seduction of the dream is by absorption, sustained presence at the threshold of a dream is enough. Any show of impatience is superfluous, like vanity.

I find this same absorptive seduction, the one that restores a dream, works as well when assigned to the center of fear, the monster or whatever, made from your same dreamstuff as the rest, cannot be escaped by running but can by keeping still.

no running, no panic, no impatience, easy to begin again.

glad you enjoyed a bit of rough trade in the safety of your own mind.

--------------------

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
Re: The right time to harvest [Re: Forrester]
    #26871116 - 08/09/20 07:45 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26871121 - 08/09/20 07:47 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale