Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePhrontist
Determined
 User Gallery

Phrontist’s “OCD” - Upside-Down EZ Harvest Multi-Tub
    #26862258 - 08/04/20 09:19 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Phrontist’s OCD (Overly Complicated Design)
—— Upside-Down EZ Harvest Multi-Tub ——

I often find myself complicating things in an effort to, ultimately, simplify them. When that behavior enters the domain of mushroom cultivation, I’ll toss up a post with some pictures and instructions. Maybe someone will find it helpful or interesting. Who knows...

Why is it upside-down?

I’ve never liked having to reach down into a tub in order to harvest, and floating a substrate seems like an enormous accident waiting to happen. It occurred to me that we don’t use storage tubs for storage, but rather as mini greenhouses. Turning it upside-down makes the much larger portion “untethered,” meaning it can be removed and placed out of the way when spawning, harvesting, or whatever maintenance the substrate requires.

What makes it EZ Harvest?

As the picture shows, you can get unfettered access to the substrate from all directions, and you can easily spin it around, move it to an eye-level surface... whatever you want.

What makes it a Multi-Tub?

The only real complication with this setup is that you need a tray. Thus far I’ve been using cardboard. Works fine and I can make the exact size I need. Because of that, I can easily make multiple trays and have several smaller grows happening in one tub. As you can see, I’ve got three different varieties going side-by-side, but it could just as easily be two slightly larger trays, two trays of different sizes, or a single tray if I want a monotub sized grow.

]

What if I need to temporarily increase FAE?

I like these Sterilite 54-quart gasket tubs because I can flip the lid clamps into the closed position, then place the tub onto the lid, which creates a nice gap for increased FAE. The lids of these tubs also have a small lip around the inside, which makes for a great boundary for the trays to fit inside.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order