Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Coir, Gypsum, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYukonXCornelius
Toadstool Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Abnormal Mycelium Growth - Please Help :(
    #26860562 - 08/03/20 12:58 PM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Hello Shroomery pals,

I could really use your help...

I’m reaching out to my friends in the Shroomery community to help me determine what, if anything, is wrong with my 6qt shoeboxes (with the exception of one small 2 quart bucket) that contain approx a 1:1.5 ratio of PE grain spawn (hard winter wheat) to 40/40/20+ steer manure/coco coir/verm (+gypsum) bulk substrate, and if there is a problem, what solutions are available to remedy the issue (aside from the obvious “toss it out”)

I mixed the spawn and bulk sub approx 1.5 weeks ago after pasteurizing the bulk sub. All the tubs smell like regular mushroom mycelium and I haven’t strayed from my previous procedure that has resulted in many successful operations in the past (inoculate grains, wait 1wk after colonizing to consolidate, pasteurize bulk sub, mix with bulk sub, let it colonize in shoebox for a few days, place in SGFC/Humidity Chamber to fruit + fanning & misting as needed)

Based on my research, if I had to guess, I’d say maybe the tubs with the orange-brown looking mycelium is either due to the surface drying out or from water building up on the surface though I’m not sure which. I would guess that the other tubs with the super aggressive mycelium growth are the result of either bacteria (fingers crossed it’s not) or from lack of FAE since it showed a fuck ton of aerial mycelium about 4 days before I took this photo.

Any advice from some experienced growers would be really helpful and I would be forever grateful.

Thanks in advance for all your assistance.

-Yukon

--------------------
-Yukon X. Cornelius

“BUMBLES BOUNCE!”

https://imgur.com/gallery/81KphGM

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineYukonXCornelius
Toadstool Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Abnormal Mycelium Growth - Please Help :( [Re: YukonXCornelius]
    #26881687 - 08/15/20 03:32 PM (1 month, 3 days ago)

Damn, no one? Really? Is it something I said or is it just that no one knows the answer to this issue?

--------------------
-Yukon X. Cornelius

“BUMBLES BOUNCE!”

https://imgur.com/gallery/81KphGM

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Coir, Gypsum, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation