Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next > | Last >
OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: HamHead]
    #26857778 - 08/01/20 08:08 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

https://nypost.com/2020/07/30/fauci-urges-americans-to-wear-goggles-for-added-covid-19-protection/

Yeah, it's fucking relevant all right.

"Fauci urges Americans to wear goggles for added COVID-19 protection
By Yaron Steinbuch

July 30, 2020 | 6:48am

Dr. Anthony Fauci suggested that people wear goggles or face shields as an added measure of protection against contracting the coronavirus, according to a report.

“If you have goggles or an eye shield, you should use it,” Fauci, 79, the top US infectious disease expert, told ABC News Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton on Wednesday.

When asked if eye protection will become a formal recommendation at some point, he said, “It might, if you really want perfect protection of the mucosal surfaces.”

Fauci, a member of the White House pandemic task force and director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, explained the rationale for the measure.

“You have mucosa in the nose, mucosa in the mouth, but you also have mucosa in the eye,” he said. “Theoretically, you should protect all the mucosal surfaces. So if you have goggles or an eye shield you should use it.”

He added that while goggles and eye or face shields are “not universally recommended” at this time, “if you really want to be complete, you should probably use it if you can.”

Fauci also addressed when people should get tested if they believe they’ve been exposed to the bug, since there are no official guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the National Institutes of Health on the matter.

“That question came up at the task force meeting yesterday and we asked the same thing and we said there’s no real recommendation,” Fauci said on ABC News.

“I would think that five [days] is good. I might even go a day or so early because the incubation period of when you get symptoms is about five days,” he said, adding that the window is “no earlier than three [days] or no later than five or six.”

Fauci also said he hopes wearing masks also will help limit the spread of the flu in the fall.

“It is inevitable that we’re going to have some degree of flu,” he said. “I’m hoping that the wearing of masks and other coverings are going to not only protect us against COVID-19, but also help protect us against influenza.”

Meanwhile, the doctor also discussed the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine, saying in an interview on MSNBC that all the “valid” scientific data show the drug is not effective in treating COVID-19.

“You look at the scientific data and the evidence. And the scientific data … on trials that are valid, that were randomized and controlled in the proper way, all of those trials show consistently that hydroxychloroquine is not effective in the treatment of coronavirus disease or COVID-19,” he said.

His remarks came a day after President Trump renewed his push for coronavirus patients to take the controversial drug.

The president spoke at length during a White House press briefing about the medication, including his experience taking it for two weeks as a COVID-19 prophylactic.

“Many doctors think it is extremely good and some people don’t… I happen to believe in it. I would take it. As you know, I took it for a 14 day period and I’m here, right? I’m here,” he said.

On Monday night, Trump retweeted some messages of support for the drug’s use.

“It’s safe. It doesn’t cause problems. I had no problem. I had absolutely no problem — felt no different, didn’t feel good bad or indifferent,” Trump said Tuesday. “It didn’t get me and it’s not going to hopefully hurt anybody.”

The president on Tuesday said he was unaware of Fauci’s views on hydroxychloroquine and that he has a “good relationship” with the doctor, despite an overnight retweet of a message, which was later removed, criticizing the infectious disease expert.

During the Tuesday press conference, Trump was asked by a reporter about a video he shared on Twitter that claimed hydroxychloroquine is “a cure for COVID” and “you don’t need a mask” to slow the spread of coronavirus.

The clip was later labeled as containing misleading information and has since been deleted.

“I wasn’t making claims,” Trump said of his tweet, noting that he was relaying recommendations from other people, including physicians.

“Many doctors think it is extremely successful, the hydroxychloroquine coupled with the zinc and perhaps the azithromycin,” he said. “Many doctors think it’s extremely good, and some people don’t.”"

---------------

https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/cellular-microscopic/virus-human2.htm

"All viruses have some type of protein on the outside coat or envelope that "feels" or "recognizes" the proper host cell(s). This protein attaches the virus to the membrane of the host cell. Some enveloped viruses can dissolve right through the cell membrane of the host because both the virus envelope and the cell membrane are made of lipids."

Soooooo, some viruses are so small, they get inside cells. . .

:pleasetellmemore:

Why are we not wearing these?

I mean, our skin is made of cells, right? So, a virus can get into my skin!?!

:freakout:

And people really think a bandana is protecting others.

:canthelpbutlaugh:

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
    #26857849 - 08/01/20 09:01 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

:tweakin: d-i-s-c-e-r-n-m-e-n-t :tweakin:

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

OfflineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion

Loc: daterapeville,USA
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26857860 - 08/01/20 09:08 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

"I wander is meant by ACE2 receptor...oh well don't know experts wrong!" HamHead

--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Brenard Shaw

OfflineMrBlueYoMind
Don't do drugs (Without me)

#26857881 - 08/01/20 09:31 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I'm all for people wearing masks if it helps reduce the spread.  If you wear a mask and think it helps yourself from getting COVID you're dumb.

Any law requiring masks or face fines/arrests is open for tyranny.  Imagine getting arrested for not wearing a mask, and as you're getting processed  you see a couple cops talking with their masks off and the people processing you inside the jail walking around not wearing masks.  That's pretty blatant

--------------------
Confucius say: He who sticks drugs in butthole has head up ass. 
EVOLUTION REQUIRES REPRODUCTION

Edited by MrBlueYoMind (08/01/20 09:40 PM)

Offlineviraldrome
 User Gallery

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: MrBlueYoMind]
    #26857894 - 08/01/20 09:42 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MrBlueYoMind said:
I'm all for people wearing masks if it helps reduce the spread.  If you wear a mask and think it helps yourself from getting COVID you're dumb.

Any law requiring masks or face fines/arrests is open for tyranny.  Imagine getting arrested for not wearing a mask, and as you're getting processed  you see a couple cops talking with their masks off and the people processing you inside the jail walking around not wearing masks.  That's pretty blatant

I hope after the mandatory mask law was brought in here today that we get videos of big fat white freedumbers crying "don't taze me bro" That will make me happy.

--------------------
Lysergamides I have tried so far: 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD, ALD-52, AL-LAD, LSZ, ETH-LAD, MIPLA, EIPLA, 1cP-AL-LAD

OfflineMrBlueYoMind
Don't do drugs (Without me)

Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: viraldrome]
    #26857908 - 08/01/20 09:56 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

So you're okay with police not wearing a mask while arresting and even tazing people for not wearing a mask?

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: Ice9]
    #26857954 - 08/01/20 10:21 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

viraldrome said:
Quote:

MrBlueYoMind said:

I hope after the mandatory mask law was brought in here today that we get videos of big fat white freedumbers crying "don't taze me bro" That will make me happy.

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/07/oregon-state-police-dont-wear-coronavirus-masks-as-they-patronize-corvallis-coffee-shop-despite-governors-order.html

"Oregon State Police don’t wear coronavirus masks while patronizing coffee shop, despite governor’s order"

I bet those cops would shoot you if you were to even attempt to taze them.

I know, I know, you probably don't live in Oregon.

I'm your village idiot, remember?

Quote:

Ice9 said:
"I wander is meant by ACE2 receptor...oh well don't know experts wrong!" HamHead

How many sheets into the wind are you now?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32319538/

Abstract
In view of the emerging COVID‑19 pandemic caused by SARS‑CoV‑2 virus, the search for potential protective and therapeutic antiviral strategies is of particular and urgent interest. Zinc is known to modulate antiviral and antibacterial immunity and regulate inflammatory response. Despite the lack of clinical data, certain indications suggest that modulation of zinc status may be beneficial in COVID‑19. In vitro experiments demonstrate that Zn2+ possesses antiviral activity through inhibition of SARS‑CoV RNA polymerase. This effect may underlie therapeutic efficiency of chloroquine known to act as zinc ionophore. Indirect evidence also indicates that Zn2+ may decrease the activity of angiotensin‑converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), known to be the receptor for SARS‑CoV‑2. Improved antiviral immunity by zinc may also occur through up‑regulation of interferon α production and increasing its antiviral activity. Zinc possesses anti‑inflammatory activity by inhibiting NF‑κB signaling and modulation of regulatory T‑cell functions that may limit the cytokine storm in COVID‑19. Improved Zn status may also reduce the risk of bacterial co‑infection by improving mucociliary clearance and barrier function of the respiratory epithelium, as well as direct antibacterial effects against S. pneumoniae. Zinc status is also tightly associated with risk factors for severe COVID‑19 including ageing, immune deficiency, obesity, diabetes, and atherosclerosis, since these are known risk groups for zinc deficiency. Therefore, Zn may possess protective effect as preventive and adjuvant therapy of COVID‑19 through reducing inflammation, improvement of mucociliary clearance, prevention of ventilator‑induced lung injury, modulation of antiviral and antibacterial immunity. However, further clinical and experimental studies are required.

However, though there has been many years worth of research done with many articles published about benefits of Zinc, we need to wait for them to be peer reviewed a few more times before trusting what scientists and medical professionals already have to say.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

Invisiblecannabinated

Loc: Outside Flag
    #26858191 - 08/02/20 05:46 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

if you think a piece of cotton wont catch droplets with virus ur retarded

in or out

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: cannabinated]
    #26858195 - 08/02/20 05:52 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

That’s why I wear underwear

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: koods]
    #26858199 - 08/02/20 05:56 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

wanna check out smith island during a tropical storm?

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26858218 - 08/02/20 06:28 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

You gonna swim

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Invisiblecannabinated

#26858229 - 08/02/20 06:49 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

whats it to u

im boutta leave

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: koods] * 2
    #26858230 - 08/02/20 06:50 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

It's hard to imagine why masks would be so political, but in some states you aren't required to wear a motorcycle helmet and most don't. A simple barrier that protects you and saves lives. But they mess up your hair and kinda make you look like a turd.

Quote:

Motorcycle crash deaths are costly, but preventable. The single most effective way for states to save lives and save money is a universal helmet law.

Helmets saved an estimated 1,859 lives in 2016.1
If all motorcyclists would have worn helmets in 2016, 802 more could have been saved. 1
Each year, the United States could save more than $1billion in economic costs if all motorcyclists wore helmets.2
Helmets reduce the risk of death by 37%.2
Helmets reduce the risk of head injury by 69%.3,

CDC Fake News on Motorcycles

Helmets are directly going to affect your own quality of life. If you meet some people with severe brain trauma it gets you shook, man. Masks aren't even that direct. It's probably only going to only help you  prevent the spread and keep others free from infection.

And that's why America is fucked. Personal freedom to feel like a badass and not look like wiener will always trump the public good and public safety.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #26858231 - 08/02/20 06:51 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

not wearing a mask/ helmet makes u look more dumb :shrug:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26858302 - 08/02/20 07:42 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Everyone who doesn’t wear a mask should be referred to as Karen. Even the dudes.

Congressional Karen

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #26858307 - 08/02/20 07:48 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

If everyone wore helmets the supply of transplantable organs would plummet. There are patients with liver failure who are depending on massive fatal head traumas

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisibleTexas Honey BadgerM
No fucks given

Loc: Spicemaster Texas
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: MrBlueYoMind]
    #26858340 - 08/02/20 08:04 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

My Houston Rockets masks arrived just in time for the first game:derdance:

--------------------

Some call me Paw 🐾

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26858352 - 08/02/20 08:10 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
If everyone wore helmets the supply of transplantable organs would plummet. There are patients with liver failure who are depending on massive fatal head traumas

Yet, they continue to down alcohol beverages when there is a lot of peer reviewed science showing how alcohol causes liver cirrhosis.

:rush:

Then, yell at me for not wearing a mask as they fill grocery carts with highly processed junk food with little nutritional value.

Oh, what's that word, hyperbolic.

For those of you maskers, do you wear your mask while in your homes?

Because, you know, you can be infected again because you're asymptomatic and could be a super spreader, just filling your house with contaminated aerosols that settle on every surface you can see.

Better stock up on some hand sanitizer, but be careful, there are a lot of sham products out there and many have been recalled.

What's a microbiome again?

--------------------

OfflineYeetusdeetus
 User Gallery

#26858380 - 08/02/20 08:28 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:

Those organs are riddled with toxoplasmosis :mygoditsfullofstars:

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: Yeetusdeetus] * 1
    #26859548 - 08/02/20 07:06 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Germany mask protest.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder