Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFrancoAmerican
Yes-man

Mushroom tea trip modifiers * 1
    #26857301 - 08/01/20 01:30 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Curious with first hand experience as well as educated guesses about trip modifiers.

For example: searching past posts lemon balm is said to smooth out the come up of a trip. 

I was considering making mush tea with lemon balm as well as valerian root.

Valerian can definitely effect how vivid my dreams are.. I’m curious about trip effects.

Anyone have any experience with other botanicals, teas, etc? Cannabis has been covered extensively as a potentiator as well, some times for both good and negative effects depending on the person.

--------------------
Life ——>🍄🤯🍄😢🍄😆🍄😀🍄💀🤙🏼——->Death

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAcidGandalf
Stranger
Female

Loc: Scotland
Re: Mushroom tea trip modifiers [Re: FrancoAmerican]
    #26857308 - 08/01/20 01:40 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I've only tried lemon and ginger tek. Ground up shrooms with just enough lemon juice to cover them, left for 20 mins total but stirred every 5. I also added fresh grated ginger, then drank the mix with orange juice. I had no digestive nausea at all, usually i get kinda woozy from shrooms. This time I only got the typical slight motion sickness I get with any psych.

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Loc: North EU
Re: Mushroom tea trip modifiers [Re: AcidGandalf]
    #26857309 - 08/01/20 01:42 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Well, one time I did have a relaxing herbal tea with among other ingredients lemon balm. Probably relaxed me a bit and I liked the taste. Some people also like to have an alcoholic drink before dosing.

OfflineCapsicum Chinense
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea trip modifiers [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #26857391 - 08/01/20 02:56 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Passion flower and passion fruit have a mild sedative effect, my neighbor makes a mousse with the fruit pulp that's positively narcotic. That plus some normal shrooms tea would be a delightful combo.

--------------------

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: Mushroom tea trip modifiers [Re: InnerWisdom] * 1
    #26857420 - 08/01/20 03:12 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I hope to see more people get into things like this. It's been one of my interests ever since i started working with Aya and realized the vast potential in herbal mixtures with Psychedelics. Lemon Balm was a favorite of mine to mix with Aya, Psilohuasca, mushrooms and 4-ACO-DMT, i've tried some other things but Lemon Balm i have a lot more experience with as an admixture plant. I think there's a lot of potential for herbal mixtures, and it's weird that people don't get crafty with their Psychedelics and only rely solely on the Psychedelic itself rather than a mixture. There's various plants out there, there's supplements, essential oils/terpenes, certain medications that could be useful, vitamins or minerals, maybe even fatty acids would have some sort of effect/synergy, idk. It's something that should be experimented with more often imo. I think a lot of people don't really get into it because they just wanna take the Psychedelic and don't think much else about mixes and synergy, but also because Psychedelic experiences can be different here and there depending on set and setting as well as dosage, so some people may try it and think something is different but aren't sure if it's actually different or placebo but with enough experience and experimentation you begin to learn how you can alter the Psychedelic experience in various ways for different purposes or benefits and have different flavors or different kinds of the main Psychedelic you're using.

I'd recommend starting out with one admixture plant/supplement/etc per dose, until you're familiar enough with it's effects and what it contributes and does, and then one can get into like 2 admixture plants/supplements and get familiar with that and see how things synergize, and then maybe move up to 3 or more admixtures with their Psychedelic of choice. It takes a lot of time, effort, dedication, experimentation and trial and error to really get into more complex mixtures, but it imo holds a lot of promise and is something worth checking out.

For example, someone may not like a specific side-effect of a Psychedelic, or they may not react as well to a specific Psychedelic, but with the addition of an admixture plant or supplement or a mix of things, that Psychedelic could become more comfortable or tolerable/manageable or have a flavor that is more workable to them compared to the Psychedelic itself, it's kind of an art really, and imo has a lot of potential medicinal benefits/applications depending on what you're using it for.

Just be cautious, be safe, really investigate the plants or supplements you're wanting to mix with the Psychedelic and learn about what they do in the body, if possible, and make sure there'd be no weird interactions/reactions, but other than that just dive in and see what comes of it.

Also it should be noted that when it comes to herbal teas, like the kind you buy in stores that are herbal mixes, you wanna keep in mind of the dosage of the plants involved. Some of the herbal mix teas i've seen in stores don't have much of the actual plant material, or they use the extracts, so it can be kind of hard to tell what's what and if it's actually doing something, so i recommend getting each individual plant and trying that rather than tea mixes, and experiment around with dosages. For Lemon Balm, ime, you want 3 to 4.5 grams of dried leaf, whereas in most herbal teas i've seen the Lemon Balm dosage be like a few hundred mgs, which isn't really much, if you get just Lemon Balm tea bags, i've seen it be like 1.5 grams per tea bag so like 2 to 3 tea bags would be enough, but imo it's overall better to just get the actual plant material and make your tea from that than to use pre-packaged tea bags.

Also keep in mind there can be some difference between fresh/freshly dried herbs and herbs that are dried but have been sitting around awhile, particularly when it comes to taste, or maybe even potency or some of the volatile oil content that may not be there as much in old dried herbs.

If there are people out there dedicated to this kind of experimentation, be sure to let us know what all you've done and what your results were. I find this to be an exciting and interesting area of investigation and am surprised that more people haven't given this serious thought.

--------------------

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
Re: Mushroom tea trip modifiers [Re: Sabnock] * 1
    #26857467 - 08/01/20 03:42 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Let's not forget marihuana. It's very synergistic. Wild even.

Have you tried any with philohuasca?

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: Mushroom tea trip modifiers [Re: LosTresOjos]
    #26857523 - 08/01/20 04:23 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LosTresOjos said:
Let's not forget marihuana. It's very synergistic. Wild even.

Have you tried any with philohuasca?

I've had Cannabis with all my Psychedelic experiences except maybe two lol. I find it synergizes very well, it intensifies and potentiates things, and adds a few cool aspects to the experience, however, because it can intensify things, it can also intensify the come up discomfort if smoked during the come up, so an increase in anxiety, panic, fear, possible paranoia, and some increase in bodyload can come with the territory. These days i no longer smoke Cannabis in general because i prefer to be soberish than "high/stoned", but the last few times i've smoked while on Psychedelics i've waited till after the come up to smoke, and it's worked out pretty well. It's a good plant, but can be quite powerful. Some people don't like it mixed with Psychedelics because it can potentiate it so much, or because they find it clouds the experience, but i've never had an issue with it personally. I find it funny though when some people claim Cannabis should be avoided with Ayahuasca because it somehow prevents the visions or prevents the Aya from working, when that is very untrue lol, in fact it seems to do the opposite, it seems to increase the visions and helps to kick things in and get things going, i've found.

Another thing worthy of mention when it comes to Cannabis, is that for me Cannabis seems to help me notice/observe the subtle differences in my body and headspace, so like when i add an herb or supplement in, or i'm taking an herb or supplement in my day to day, i can smoke Cannabis and it will show me what that herb or supplement is doing, like it brings it out more and makes things more noticeable.

--------------------

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
Re: Mushroom tea trip modifiers [Re: Sabnock] * 1
    #26857543 - 08/01/20 04:50 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I think people become paranoid because they become very aware of their body and surroundings.

I like to smoke before I dose and during the peak but usually I'll eat some because I haven't found it easy to smoke during the trip. 

I drank a good amount of thc the other day and all of a sudden I couldn't help but to think about cleaning up my house. And how I have neglecting it.  It's strong medicine.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #26857949 - 08/01/20 10:18 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Stimulants make mushrooms slightly more like lysergamides. It's not an exact comparison, but it definitely moves things in that general direction. I would recommend trying it once, it was pretty cool and I may even give it a second try some day.

Weed, well, probably everything has already been said about how weed makes things a lot harder. The hardest I've ever tripped on mushrooms was when combined with large amounts of weed. I smoked all the way leading up to the peak of a high dose... That was some crazy shit. It might have been crazy even if I hadn't smoked, but I'm sure the smoking also contributed.

Nowadays, I won't combined psychedelics with weed just because of how much stronger and different the weed makes things, but back in the day it was my standard go-to for increasing the effects. If you smoke enough, it can increase things by 10x or more.

OfflineAncient Mariner
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea trip modifiers [Re: nooneman]
    #26857961 - 08/01/20 10:29 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Not sure about how valerian root might get along with shrooms but I'm interested to know. Seems like it would reduce focus and make it more dreamy.

OfflineFrancoAmerican
Yes-man

Re: Mushroom tea trip modifiers [Re: Ancient Mariner] * 1
    #26858577 - 08/02/20 10:31 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Sabnock, I think we are on the same page.

The plant world has a lot to offer. Tailoring mixtures to individuals or to get desired effects could be very beneficial.

I’m interested in the effects of lemon balm an additive.

Cannabis is definitely a potentiator for me, with nearly instant increases in CEV’s and overall intensity of experience.

However in my daily life, cannabis removes any dreaming from my sleep. I have zero dreams while cannabis is in my system. After a solid month of detox the most vivid dreams come back into my sleep life.

This is why I am interested in valerian.. valerian dreams can be very intense.

I hope to report back on this sometime soon.

--------------------
Life ——>🍄🤯🍄😢🍄😆🍄😀🍄💀🤙🏼——->Death

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

#26859229 - 08/02/20 04:28 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I did shroom tea.  Freshies.  Mazatapec. 

I brewed the tea first, used a lemon ginger bags for flavor and ginger's easing properties.

I added citric acid based on PrimalSoup's ratio for potentiation.  Chopped up the freshies and boiled for 15 minutes.  Strained.

The drink was pleasant, no foul flavor of any sort.
No stomach upset.

Trip came on quick and was intense and over as to be expected from tea.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract