Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Sexuality and Relationships

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2020
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Ice Breakers/Meeting New People
    #26819678 - 07/12/20 03:07 PM (25 days, 18 hours ago)

When meeting someone new, whats your favorite way to break the ice with them? Do you jokes? Or maybe a comment? A question?

Whats your preference.

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) ||                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017:: Aug 19th to 21st :: Pure Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepslyke
Contemplative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Ice Breakers/Meeting New People [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 2
    #26819714 - 07/12/20 03:20 PM (25 days, 18 hours ago)

Get them talking about themselves. Be a good listener, ask lots of questions, show real interest. Most people subconsciously like to talk about themselves and if you are genuine it makes people feel good without them even knowing why most of the time.

--------------------
"What appears impenetrable to us does exist, manifesting itself in the deepest wisdom and the most radiant beauty" Einstein

"The conservatives of 70 years ago would be outraged at what has come to pass. It embodies everything they took up arms for to defeat"Asante

:kratom:

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Foolishly Happy
Male User Gallery

Re: Ice Breakers/Meeting New People [Re: pslyke] * 1
    #26819739 - 07/12/20 03:29 PM (25 days, 18 hours ago)

Literally break ice together :thumbup:

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or -  give me death caps

Offlinedrliquidglitch
Stranger

Re: Ice Breakers/Meeting New People [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26822471 - 07/14/20 07:40 AM (24 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
Literally break ice together :thumbup:

break it up with a razor blade and put it up your nose

Offlinemeowjinx
Stranger
Re: Ice Breakers/Meeting New People [Re: drliquidglitch]
    #26823329 - 07/14/20 03:28 PM (23 days, 18 hours ago)

Usually I'll start with a rawr. If they don't respond, I'll rawr one more time, louder, to make sure they've heard me. If they respond to the rawr I'll proceed with normal polite conversation.

If they ignore the second rawr I'll get up and walk away angrily, stomping my feet so they know just how upset I am

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Ice Breakers/Meeting New People [Re: meowjinx] * 3
    #26831867 - 07/19/20 03:23 AM (19 days, 6 hours ago)

I dunno that's something i've recently been having trouble with. I just don't understand where people go to meet other people anymore. Never really been a fan of bars and never had much luck at them to begin with. I left my home town like 5-7 years ago and I have a lot of acquintances i've met over the years mostly from jobs that i've worked but i wouldn't really say I have any friends and it's been waying on me over the past couple years.

I live in WAshington now and my biggest problem is is probably that I don't smoke weed. Which that's what everybody here does and thinking back in Alaska that's mostly what I did with other people. Meet up and smoke pot and go hiking or whatever else. I'd say take the weed away and a lot of us really didn't have all that much common to begin with besides my core group of good friends.

I've talked to a few of them about this over the years and they all pretty much say the same thing. It's just nothing like it used to be. Everybody already has there friend groups and such and it's really hard to break into it. I have a kid that I work with right now that I sound kind of gay saying it and i got alittle drunk one night at home by myself and it actually had me cryin' for a minute. We get along really well at work always crackin' jokes and i've mentioned ya know hanging out or whatever outside of work but it just doesn't happen. We work conflicting schedules or he's busy with his gf or kid or his actual friends you know. When I was sad about it I was just thinking like shit it hurts my feelings that I really want to be friends with this person but i don't know how to do that anymore I guess.

he smokes pot though so i'm guessing if I did that that could easily be my in. I don't even mind hanging out with stoners or whatever ya know I don't care if people smoke and i'll just pass ya know. That is the one thing I miss about it is it was a great excuse to hang out with other people. Now it just gives me anxiety and shit though and I definitely can't keep up with the dab crowd and shit.

So op I really have no answer to your question. I don't really understand where you meet people. The girl I did recently break up with after like 5 years off and on I met on craigslist of all places. I see pretty girls out and about all the time but ya know it's not the fucking disco there just trying to shop or whatever. And i'm sure i'm probably not the first person during there outing to make a pass.

After this recent break up i'm pretty much just guessing i'm probably going to be alone for quite a while. I go to work I go home. Rinse repeat. That's the thing that always bugged me about relationships ending as well. After each of my longterm relationships theres been a good 1-3 year gap before I meet someone else. Maybe some casual sex but not a ton or anything. They'll break up with you and be like i'll be fine. Ya I know so will I but I know for a fact you'll be given the option to date again much sooner then I will. I've seen your phone messages I know how thirsty dudes are. I know i'm not perfect and i'm guessing yes you could get someone that will worship you and do all these nice things for you and treat you like a queen for alittle while. We've been together a long time and I do try i'm not perfect but ya know.

The problem with my last ex was she said that I wouldn't try and be romantic and stuff like that. I'm honestly not very good with that stuff to begin with but I try. The thing that I hated most about her was as soon as were breaking up or in a fight i've never done anything nice for her once. Not once. It came to a point where I was finally just done. I honestly believed that we were going to be together for the foreseeable future. We had our problems but I genuinely loved being around her and spending my time with her. Even if were just sitting around playing video games or whatever.

Long term relationships are hard work and it's not perfect. Could I be more attentive. Probably. But I try to tell you your beautiful every day. I make sure we have food to eat for the day and that you have snacks and etc etc.

I honestly never wanted to be in this position of having to find someone else again. Do I really want to have to tell another person everything there is to know about me. Not fucking really man. I'm about to turn 30 so now all the girls I do meet are already fixed and have 2-3 kids with diffrent baby daddies and shit and i just don't really know if I want to do that.

Lifes frustrating maybe i'm going through like a quarterlife crisis or something but it's starting to way on me more and more that this is really all life is? Do the same things everyday. Trade my time for money so I can not sleep on the street. Man I don't even know why you'd want to bring a child into this unless you had inherited wealth to pass down. Why bring a child into life to struggle.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

InvisibleBlazer420
ŦøжїϿ ÐȐȜȧƜƐȓ

Re: Ice Breakers/Meeting New People [Re: meowjinx] * 1
    #26856410 - 07/31/20 10:42 PM (6 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

meowjinx said:
Usually I'll start with a rawr. If they don't respond, I'll rawr one more time, louder, to make sure they've heard me. If they respond to the rawr I'll proceed with normal polite conversation.

If they ignore the second rawr I'll get up and walk away angrily, stomping my feet so they know just how upset I am

:ilold::lolsy:

usually ask if they blaze, if they dont, then i dont fuarks wif em. If they do, then it usually ends up with me asking them what else they into and hopefully finding out new sources. I dont tend 2 keep many friends close, just aquaintances for plugs. :highfive:

--------------------
~ I used to get high on life, until I realized life was cut with morons ~
* You need 2 wake up and smell the music! *
-We are all computer data in a materialistic world-
|Sometimes you have to lose yourself, to find anything|
_They say "Hey, do you take shrooms?".. I say "No, they take me.."_

Edited by Blazer420 (07/31/20 10:43 PM)

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Ice Breakers/Meeting New People [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26856556 - 08/01/20 01:22 AM (6 days, 8 hours ago)

So you could mean different things by meeting people, do you mean like talking to people in a bar who you've literally never seen before, or do you mean in a setting where you have something in common like a gathering of some kind, or do you mean if you've like set up a date with someone online?

I don't do a lot of socializing anymore so I may not give the best advice, but I have always had pretty good luck with women. Mostly I just ask about about themselves, their day, try to find out what they're doing and what they're into. I really don't do anything special, I just try to find out about them, maybe starting with their day, or their job, or what they've been up to or what they're planning on getting up to. Maybe I also try to find out if they have any interest in anything I know about so we can talk about that. Or even just basic stuff about who they are and what they're into. I ask follow up questions, and try to keep an eye out for something we can talk about more in-depth.

If that fails I might just try bringing up random stuff to see if they have any interest in it. Or I might even start with a random topic to see if we can talk about it. It's not always great to start with asking them about themselves, you might instead try starting with a subject they might be interested in.

I try to find something we can talk about at length, something we're both interested in or have knowledge about, that way we can have a much more in-depth conversation. If we both met at a certain place or doing a certain thing, I might ask about that.

If all that fails and we have nothing to talk about, then it's probably not a good fit and I move on. Sometimes people just don't click. I think I can attribute a lot of my success to just moving on and meeting other people when one thing doesn't work out, rather than any particular skill in talking to people. I kinda feel like me telling other people how to socialize is like the blind leading the blind, but I have always had pretty good luck with women, especially compared to a lot of other men I meet, so... Maybe I do know something.

InvisibleHartford
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: Ice Breakers/Meeting New People [Re: nooneman]
    #26856611 - 08/01/20 03:39 AM (6 days, 5 hours ago)

Pour painting in the park

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

Re: Ice Breakers/Meeting New People [Re: Hartford]
    #26857619 - 08/01/20 05:56 PM (5 days, 15 hours ago)

idk
Quote:

Enjoywho said:
I dunno that's something i've recently been having trouble with. I just don't understand where people go to meet other people anymore. Never really been a fan of bars and never had much luck at them to begin with. I left my home town like 5-7 years ago and I have a lot of acquintances i've met over the years mostly from jobs that i've worked but i wouldn't really say I have any friends and it's been waying on me over the past couple years.

I live in WAshington now and my biggest problem is is probably that I don't smoke weed. Which that's what everybody here does and thinking back in Alaska that's mostly what I did with other people. Meet up and smoke pot and go hiking or whatever else. I'd say take the weed away and a lot of us really didn't have all that much common to begin with besides my core group of good friends.

I've talked to a few of them about this over the years and they all pretty much say the same thing. It's just nothing like it used to be. Everybody already has there friend groups and such and it's really hard to break into it. I have a kid that I work with right now that I sound kind of gay saying it and i got alittle drunk one night at home by myself and it actually had me cryin' for a minute. We get along really well at work always crackin' jokes and i've mentioned ya know hanging out or whatever outside of work but it just doesn't happen. We work conflicting schedules or he's busy with his gf or kid or his actual friends you know. When I was sad about it I was just thinking like shit it hurts my feelings that I really want to be friends with this person but i don't know how to do that anymore I guess.

he smokes pot though so i'm guessing if I did that that could easily be my in. I don't even mind hanging out with stoners or whatever ya know I don't care if people smoke and i'll just pass ya know. That is the one thing I miss about it is it was a great excuse to hang out with other people. Now it just gives me anxiety and shit though and I definitely can't keep up with the dab crowd and shit.

So op I really have no answer to your question. I don't really understand where you meet people. The girl I did recently break up with after like 5 years off and on I met on craigslist of all places. I see pretty girls out and about all the time but ya know it's not the fucking disco there just trying to shop or whatever. And i'm sure i'm probably not the first person during there outing to make a pass.

After this recent break up i'm pretty much just guessing i'm probably going to be alone for quite a while. I go to work I go home. Rinse repeat. That's the thing that always bugged me about relationships ending as well. After each of my longterm relationships theres been a good 1-3 year gap before I meet someone else. Maybe some casual sex but not a ton or anything. They'll break up with you and be like i'll be fine. Ya I know so will I but I know for a fact you'll be given the option to date again much sooner then I will. I've seen your phone messages I know how thirsty dudes are. I know i'm not perfect and i'm guessing yes you could get someone that will worship you and do all these nice things for you and treat you like a queen for alittle while. We've been together a long time and I do try i'm not perfect but ya know.

The problem with my last ex was she said that I wouldn't try and be romantic and stuff like that. I'm honestly not very good with that stuff to begin with but I try. The thing that I hated most about her was as soon as were breaking up or in a fight i've never done anything nice for her once. Not once. It came to a point where I was finally just done. I honestly believed that we were going to be together for the foreseeable future. We had our problems but I genuinely loved being around her and spending my time with her. Even if were just sitting around playing video games or whatever.

Long term relationships are hard work and it's not perfect. Could I be more attentive. Probably. But I try to tell you your beautiful every day. I make sure we have food to eat for the day and that you have snacks and etc etc.

I honestly never wanted to be in this position of having to find someone else again. Do I really want to have to tell another person everything there is to know about me. Not fucking really man. I'm about to turn 30 so now all the girls I do meet are already fixed and have 2-3 kids with diffrent baby daddies and shit and i just don't really know if I want to do that.

Lifes frustrating maybe i'm going through like a quarterlife crisis or something but it's starting to way on me more and more that this is really all life is? Do the same things everyday. Trade my time for money so I can not sleep on the street. Man I don't even know why you'd want to bring a child into this unless you had inherited wealth to pass down. Why bring a child into life to struggle.

I feel this. I think I'm coning to the conclusion that friends are pointless, anyways. TFW no sex is some shit tho

--------------------

Offlineendtimes
Stranger

Re: Ice Breakers/Meeting New People [Re: yeah]
    #26860617 - 08/03/20 11:28 AM (3 days, 22 hours ago)

I wouldn't say friends are pointless, but it is definitely harder to find/make good ones today.

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Foolishly Happy
Male User Gallery

Re: Ice Breakers/Meeting New People [Re: endtimes]
    #26860647 - 08/03/20 11:43 AM (3 days, 21 hours ago)

A true friend is among the most rare & precious things in this world.  Highly valuable.  The opposite of pointless.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or -  give me death caps

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

Re: Ice Breakers/Meeting New People [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26860723 - 08/03/20 12:27 PM (3 days, 21 hours ago)

I believe you but I've never had one

you could count my e-friends, have some homies I've known since high school and we still chat

also I have a true brother in spirit but he was more of a mentor although now that I am a seasoned adult the relationship dynamic could become friendship. Haven't seen him in some years

--------------------

Edited by yeah (08/03/20 12:30 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Community >> Sexuality and Relationships