Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebcboy2020
Stranger
 User Gallery
First grow
    #26857229 - 08/01/20 12:30 PM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

Hey guys,

First grow here, can these be harvest?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRhizomorph
Other

Loc: Canada
Re: First grow [Re: bcboy2020]
    #26857236 - 08/01/20 12:33 PM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

Yup! Harvest when the veil breaks (the caps open up) for maximum potency.

Mushrooms stop producing psilocybin once the cap opens so any extra weight after that is dead weight in terms of potency. Some cultivators do like to give it a bit longer so they look nice or so spore printing is easier since the caps flatten out though.

--------------------
:thumbup: New to Cultivation? Start here: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started - After you figure this out just learn agar & use grain spawn if you want to improve your technique :thumbup:

:awesomenod: Easiest No-Pour Agar Method: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers :awesomenod:

OfflineGayfish
Lyrical genius
Male

Loc: Climbing
Re: First grow [Re: Rhizomorph]
    #26857241 - 08/01/20 12:35 PM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

Dude, nice! Yeah they’re good to go

--------------------
We don’t make sense around here, we make dollars

Offlinebcboy2020
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: First grow [Re: Gayfish]
    #26857246 - 08/01/20 12:45 PM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

Awesome thank you!

Offlinejunk_f00d
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First grow [Re: Rhizomorph]
    #26857341 - 08/01/20 02:07 PM (9 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

Rhizomorph said:

Mushrooms stop producing psilocybin once the cap opens

Source? I don't believe this has ever been proven and many believe it to be false.

InvisibleRhizomorph
Other

Loc: Canada
Re: First grow [Re: junk_f00d]
    #26857375 - 08/01/20 02:44 PM (9 days, 1 hour ago)

Source is from a variety of TC's
Quote:

mushpunx said:
Past a certain point mushrooms stop gaining Actives but gain weight. So they dont lose potency but become less potent by weight.

So I harvest right when the veil breaks.

But that doesnt mean anything if they aren't potent to start with. Most of the vendor varieties are pretty domesticated by now and you will probably have pretty good potency with any of them when grown from spore.

Trouble is consistency. B+ might be super potential few times and then fall off for a grow. Its a roll of the dice. If you want consistent potency then you need to clone and test or isolate individual strains and test.

So the secret to potent mushrooms is lots and lots of searching, testing, and storing live mycelium just grow pans .

Older post:
Quote:

Spongiform said:
Once the veil begins to open it's just gaining water weight.  I noticed a pretty big difference in wet -> dry weight ratios depending on when I harvested.

It was around 8% for very mature mushrooms, closer to 15% for immature.

The way I see it is, you're wasting moisture by letting them open all the way.  I allow them to open either for photography or for prints.

But I've also heard some TC's mention that they do still produce small amounts of psilocybin after the veil breaks. However, if this is true it is in extremely small amounts.
Quote:

bodhisatta said:
If there is a difference in potency between pre spore and post spore drop shrooms it's so marginal that it's unnoticeable by the humans eating them

But you may be right that they do produce marginal amounts.

In the future I'll be a bit more specific and mention that the potency difference is marginal, if there even is a difference, as you made me realize I may be spouting info as facts that haven't been proven as facts...

Maybe I just need to do more searching though. Thanks for the insight! :tongue2:

--------------------
:thumbup: New to Cultivation? Start here: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started - After you figure this out just learn agar & use grain spawn if you want to improve your technique :thumbup:

:awesomenod: Easiest No-Pour Agar Method: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers :awesomenod:

Edited by Rhizomorph (08/01/20 02:44 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation