Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Agar, Gypsum, Peat

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | Next >
OfflineFerather
Mycological
Male User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Adas] * 1
    #26832649 - 07/19/20 02:40 PM (15 days, 14 hours ago)

@Bobbit, The lemon tek is not an extraction method, and certainly would not be employed to do so.
It's meant to speed up conversion, prior to use (its pretty much used instantly).

Like adding conversion accelerant to water then mushrooms.

---

Digging deep, psilocin-citrate is probs false.

--------------------

--------------------
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Journal/350881 - Ferather's Journal, guides, recipes and more [2019]
--------------------
RGM: Rift Game Manager - DPS meter for Rift, with absorb to heal converter and data export [2017]
Commander: [Cygwin + Cmder] - Customize Android, Setup VirtualBox, plus more [2019]

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCelestialexplorer1
Male

Loc: Floating in a tin can
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Ferather] * 1
    #26832825 - 07/19/20 04:18 PM (15 days, 12 hours ago)

White spots of myc turning blue after I tried to emulate a cold snap. After that it started to come through a lot more. Still no primordia in sight.

--------------------
Trades list

To spend just one moment in eternity

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

Loc: The outsideround Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Adas]
    #26833231 - 07/19/20 08:48 PM (15 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

Ferather said:
@Bobbit, The lemon tek is not an extraction method, and certainly would not be employed to do so.
It's meant to speed up conversion, prior to use (its pretty much used instantly).

Like adding conversion accelerant to water then mushrooms.

---

Digging deep, psilocin-citrate is probs false.

I understand why peeps use lemon. . . Because :awesome:. . .
If there was a stable salt, that would be one step in the process of extraction, though I suspect that the isn't with any of the obvious acid/bases used for extracts. . .

Quote:

Adas said:
I don't think the salt form matters when it comes to oxidation. I highly doubt that such a salt exists (unless the acid has some reducing power, like ascorbic acid).

I thought different salts were more stable than others. . . Some being more susceptible than others to oxidation?
NaCl for example is pretty stable in air. . . Hydrophilic yet stable in the presence of O2. . .

I should have paid more attention in chemistry for sure. . .

--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread
–––––    ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮    –––––
The Official Kiwi DMT and MAOI Thread

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central EU
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Bobbit]
    #26833537 - 07/20/20 02:53 AM (15 days, 2 hours ago)

NaCl is a highly stable inorganic salt, lol. Has nothing to do with organic salts. In salts of alkaloids, the alkaloid cation is like the sodium and the acid anion is like the chloride. Doesn't really matter what anion is the alkaloid surrounded by, if it's susceptible to oxidation, it always will be.

Acids can stabilize things like hydrogen peroxide but that's a different thing.

--------------------
Shrooms are always bluer on the other side...

Work hard, play harder, trip the hardest.

Male

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Adas]
    #26833785 - 07/20/20 07:57 AM (14 days, 21 hours ago)

So I think like most people who when they get started with woodlovers and exotics think or about or attempt cult indoors. I’ve seen some decent grows indoors as well. A lot say it’s very difficult, time
Consuming and next to impossible. But I’ve had this idea in my head ever since I saw the refrigerator tek awhile back. I’ve seen tons of DIY mini drives as well. So put two and two together.

My idea which is already under way is

1 semiconductor thermoelectric refrigeration unit.
1 power supply with cord
1 thermo control panel

I have all this and it wasn’t expensive $70 or someone could harvest these from an old mini fridge
So I make a box out of plexiglass and insulation with a compartment for the hardware. I also make a plexiglass lid with latch and weather strip to seal it. I put a light a foot or so above 6500k. I make a chamber on the bottom that holds water and put two of those small disc fogger a in it since cold air doesn’t hold humidity but in 45-60 f the fogger s should do fine at filling up the whole unit. The problem I see is air exchange. I’m making this thing right now wether you like it or not lol. This post will probably get brushed off as pipe smoke but I’m in it for the long haul. Just curious if there is anyone out there with skills relating that might shed some insight into how I could get some proper air exchange without having to scrap the semiconductor and do an evaporative fan instead. Anybody
Love to the people.

--------------------
Trades list

OfflineFerather
Mycological
Male User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Celestialexplorer1]
    #26833796 - 07/20/20 08:16 AM (14 days, 20 hours ago)

@Celestialexplorer1, any setup intended to grow King oyster indoors with regulated temperatures will work, it will be triggers with other species.
Stick with the plant pot method, you can simulate heavy rain simply by overwatering it, and let the excess drain.

Fruiting requirements (nutrients-temp-humidity-oxygen) > triggers.

--------------------

--------------------
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Journal/350881 - Ferather's Journal, guides, recipes and more [2019]
--------------------
RGM: Rift Game Manager - DPS meter for Rift, with absorb to heal converter and data export [2017]
Commander: [Cygwin + Cmder] - Customize Android, Setup VirtualBox, plus more [2019]

Male

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Ferather]
    #26833869 - 07/20/20 09:16 AM (14 days, 19 hours ago)

I’ve seen some really good cellar grows like the magic cellar and captain futures many unicorn bag in a tub in a cellar grows of exotics so it stands to reason that one just needs a tub that can stay at 55 or so degrees F and a tub that could Be temp controlled would seem to be the best. You could keep it at 45 to induce pinning and after pinning just adjust the control to 55 or 60. In theory it sounds like it might work. I already have most of the parts I’m gonna pick up the rest today.
Also have a tub of colonized ovoid, cyan, allenii and sub so I’m gonna make trays for the unit. Of all four. Leave for a couple
Days to re-stitch and introduce. May do a cold snap for an hour. I’ve had that cyanescens bowl in a mini fridge with the door cracked for about three weeks or so. It’s been having growth spurts here and there. I don’t think it’s getting enough oxygen though. To small of a fridge. That and the lighting isn’t the best using foil to direct light from other grows.

--------------------
Trades list

Edited by Celestialexplorer1 (07/20/20 09:21 AM)

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

Loc: The outsideround Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Celestialexplorer1] * 1
    #26836318 - 07/21/20 03:19 PM (13 days, 13 hours ago)

Quote:

Adas said:
NaCl is a highly stable inorganic salt, lol. Has nothing to do with organic salts. In salts of alkaloids, the alkaloid cation is like the sodium and the acid anion is like the chloride. Doesn't really matter what anion is the alkaloid surrounded by, if it's susceptible to oxidation, it always will be.

Acids can stabilize things like hydrogen peroxide but that's a different thing.

See I should have paid more attention to organic chem. . .

Why are fumaric salts of DMT considered much more stable that citrate? Is this because the break down less in the absence of oxygen? Prolly time for a separate thread rather than derailing thi

Quote:

Celestialexplorer1 said:
I’ve seen some really good cellar grows like the magic cellar and captain futures many unicorn bag in a tub in a cellar grows of exotics so it stands to reason that one just needs a tub that can stay at 55 or so degrees F and a tub that could Be temp controlled would seem to be the best. You could keep it at 45 to induce pinning and after pinning just adjust the control to 55 or 60. In theory it sounds like it might work. I already have most of the parts I’m gonna pick up the rest today.
Also have a tub of colonized ovoid, cyan, allenii and sub so I’m gonna make trays for the unit. Of all four. Leave for a couple
Days to re-stitch and introduce. May do a cold snap for an hour. I’ve had that cyanescens bowl in a mini fridge with the door cracked for about three weeks or so. It’s been having growth spurts here and there. I don’t think it’s getting enough oxygen though. To small of a fridge. That and the lighting isn’t the best using foil to direct light from other grows.

I managed to fruit about 90 P.sub indoors off a tub. . . Granted it was during ‘season’ and in an uninsulated shed.

I had neglected it in the garden shed through summer for 2 months and it dried out significantly. . .

I’m not sure that woodlovers respond well to the idea of controlled temp and humidity. . . Maybe at the fruiting stage?

--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread
–––––    ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮    –––––
The Official Kiwi DMT and MAOI Thread

OfflineNorfolk243
Stranger
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Ferather]
    #26838751 - 07/22/20 04:30 PM (12 days, 12 hours ago)

last year i had started a bed of Psilocybe azurescens.  grain - chips - bed in the ground. It did not produce last fall/ winter but to my surprise it is still there. although rather small, perhaps half a square foot and about an inch and a half thick. it was about an inch under dirt. i have a bucket of chips ready to go, my question is: would i have better odds pulling the bed and setting it into wood ships in a pot and letting it colonize from the inside out? or dig around it and lay more chips in the ground? any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Norfolk243 (07/22/20 04:35 PM)

OfflinePhrontist
Determined
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Norfolk243]
    #26839339 - 07/22/20 09:26 PM (12 days, 7 hours ago)

Made a thread because I forgot about this one :crazy: . I’ll just paste what I wrote there:

Was talking to a friend earlier today and realized that the hundreds of acres of Zone 4 forest on his property means we could create a very nice bed to hit up yearly. I recall reading about the prep work awhile ago, and feel like it was at least a couple months of getting spawn ready for a late summer bed and autumn harvest.

Am I way off in my thinking, or is this indeed an idea that needs to wait for next year? I don’t even have a print to put on agar yet, so I’m talking about starting from absolute scratch.

OfflineLand Trout
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Phrontist] * 2
    #26849858 - 07/28/20 12:35 PM (6 days, 16 hours ago)

Getting some landscaping done, I’ll update in a few years.

Planting ovoid Cyans and subs, topping with Scott’s, and running soaker hoses.

Offlinethe man
still tappin caps

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Land Trout]
    #26849888 - 07/28/20 12:52 PM (6 days, 16 hours ago)

scotts in my area is softwood. ie pinecones are found..  subs will excell! remember not too wet! toss in some surrounding soil and some gypsum! ive had 2 year return success of cyans in zone 2 :wink:  subs  had a small flush for whatever reason fruited after only a few weeks outside mid/early summer and never to return.  but ya just barely moist and then stop watering esp if dont have a nice leaf litter type area esp when expecting fruits. but i am sure with your set up of water just slowly going down hill will work perfect!

Edited by the man (07/28/20 12:53 PM)

OfflinePhrontist
Determined
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: the man]
    #26850263 - 07/28/20 04:51 PM (6 days, 12 hours ago)

So uhh... no advice for me? :sad:

Male

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Phrontist]
    #26850268 - 07/28/20 04:52 PM (6 days, 12 hours ago)

Alleni plate Ovid bag

--------------------
Trades list

OfflineLand Trout
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #26850842 - 07/28/20 10:09 PM (6 days, 7 hours ago)

Not sure what kind of advice your looking for.  But you can start to germ knock build spawn and plant any time, and with 100s of acres you could put in a lot of hours building up spawn.  Are you thinking of having their trees chipped for beds?  And are you thinking of laying several acres of chips?  What region?  In the northwest we can get 100 yard loads of alder delivered for mushroom growers.  In the Midwest you can Go into Hardwood sawmills And ask about sawdust and chips.

OfflinePhrontist
Determined
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Land Trout]
    #26851284 - 07/29/20 07:36 AM (5 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

Land Trout said:
you can start to germ knock build spawn and plant any time.

Ah okay, I guess my information was incorrect (or my recollection of it, at least).

Just looking to create a modest bed (maybe 20 sq ft) to start and see how it goes. I guess it’s time to start searching for prints. Thanks for the reply!

OfflinePs.NoName
Stranger

#26856963 - 08/01/20 09:43 AM (2 days, 19 hours ago)

The local walmart had Maple Western BBQ chips on clearance for $1 marked down from $6.  Hickory was $1.88 and apple ~$2.50.  Have not seen any fruits yet, but ovoid mycelium seems to aggressively want to colonize all three of those types of wood chips.

Started early last summer with ovoid PF cakes from spores.  Colonized all last summer, fall, and this spring, but got no fruits.  Starting to have huge areas of mycelium.  Hopefully they pop off this next spring or maybe even a few fall fruits.  *crosses fingers*

I bought "sluggo plus" which supposedly deals with Roly Poly bugs which there are a crap load of in my wood chip beds.  Have not seen any slugs since spring/early summer when they would eat mycelium.

Male

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Ps.NoName]
    #26857266 - 08/01/20 01:04 PM (2 days, 16 hours ago)

So I attempted to make several outdoor beds. I got the hardwood chips made the spawn spawned to shoeboxes indoors they fully colonized. I made the beds put down the chips, poured near boiling water on the chips layer the spawn and cases with just peat. Everything contamed. I keep the chips moist buy watering it just about eveeyday because it’s been in the 90s for the past two weeks. Maybe spawning during the summer was just a bad idea or maybe the hot water was where I went wrong.

--------------------
Trades list

OfflinePs.NoName
Stranger

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Celestialexplorer1] * 1
    #26857299 - 08/01/20 01:28 PM (2 days, 15 hours ago)

Some of my BBQ chip spawn outdoor has a grey whispy mold and a yellow/orange pin mold.  The places that got funky are where I laid out new chips pretty thick trying to get an existing colony to expand to it.  The already established colonies from last year with a new small layer did not mold.

I am still new to this but seems like adding new chips in small layers is better than a few inch thick at once.

Slow down on the watering maybe and I think the mycelium will survive longer than the molds.  I had some mold last summer and it was pretty much gone by the winter. Once outdoor temps hit 90f the mycelium may slow down too.  Its hard to say when but seems like i had a lot more colonization happen in the fall months than dead of summer last year.

If i let the chips boil in water, dump out the water, another short soak and dump out.  They seem to be less likely to contam on the mycelium starts colonizing the chips faster.  My guess is that process strips some of the nutrients out the contams like and softens up the wood for the mycelium to eat.

A neighbor was chopping down trees and got some chunks of maple.  Its not boxelder but just generic field maple or maybe silver maple.  Going to try burying a few of the larger split chunks in with the wood chips.

This spring I also brought home wild log that had some large nice ovoids on it and buried just up to the top of the wood chips.  Turns out there was a 2nd LBM type species growing in the log with ovoids.  A single fruit grew that was not psilocybe but I am not sure exactly what.  It was all dried up and wasting away by the time i noticed.  The side of the log that had ovoid growing on it has reached out into the chips nearby so that seems to be working as a way to start a patch.

OfflineBU4O
Weed on ^^
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bulgaria,Plovdiv Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Ps.NoName] * 1
    #26858082 - 08/02/20 12:58 AM (2 days, 4 hours ago)

To all of you with problems from outdoor beds,I stopped making beds because worms,slugs,bugs would eat the woodchips mycelium and everything! The beds hold too much water also and everything is going contaminated or rot or something like that! I have much bigger success with my tubs on the terrace let them dry out for the summer and rewater back in begging of fall... I even get worms up on the terrace I don't have idea how they get up there but they will destroy your mycelium and woodchips! So even up there I will dry out the tubs to get rid of em!
The most problems come from live shit inside your tubs beds etc!
I had one subs bed destroyed this summer by worms one bed of allenii almost destroyed by now again by worms and it would not fruit this fall for sure!
I will start making the tubs hanging in the air because I am so tired and angry to look all my work get fuck't up!
And all woodlover mushrooms can survive dehydration!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | Next >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Agar, Gypsum, Peat

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation