Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinegabbk
Metta cultivator
Male User Gallery

Is it possible to store tea without lemon for long term?
    #26849317 - 07/28/20 06:24 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hi guys.
The question is straight in the title. Is it viable to store mushroom tea in the freezer without lemon and not losing potency? I personally don't like the trip with lemon, I prefer it way more just by itself, I feel much better without it, but all this time I've been following PrimalSoup Tek because he claims that lemon helps locking psilocybin conversion and because of that the potency remains intact indefinitely (correct me if I uderstood wrong).
I consume very little, maybe once every two or three months, at very little doses, so it would be perfect for me keep storing it in the freezer, but I am afraid to harvest a whole flush and waste it just because I didn't add lemon.
Thanks!:smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSFS96
AstroMan
 User Gallery

Loc: Valleys Of Neptune
Re: Is it possible to store tea without lemon for long term? [Re: gabbk] * 1
    #26849696 - 07/28/20 11:06 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

It should be fine in the freezer even without lemon:thumbup:

--------------------
How I make and preserve tea

Consuming consumes a man That was never a purpose of life To only crave for material joys Is believing the lie - Mellow Mood

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Is it possible to store tea without lemon for long term? [Re: SFS96]
    #26849738 - 07/28/20 11:32 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I don't see why not.  Just keep it frozen solid the entire time.

BTW I'm using citric acid not lemon juice, though they are about the same thing the powdered citric acid is more consistent, cheaper and keeps forever.  It does give that acidic taste though. :tongue:

Also I don't claim the citric acid converts psilocybin, what it does is extract psilocin better than plain water.  Just to be clear. :cookiemonster:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineAncient Mariner
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: Is it possible to store tea without lemon for long term? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26849768 - 07/28/20 11:52 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

How much citric acid do you use? Seems like a good idea, vs. carrying a lemon that is prone to spoil when on long trips in the mountains.

Offlinegabbk
Metta cultivator
Male User Gallery

#26849770 - 07/28/20 11:53 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for both of your responses!

Hi Primal! It was a vague synthesis from what I recall, thanks for correcting me!:grin: :biggrin: I will try without lemon then, or maybe with juuust a few lemon drops to help it just a little to help it extract better:thumbup::smile:

--------------------

Edited by gabbk (07/28/20 11:56 AM)

OfflineAncient Mariner
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: Is it possible to store tea without lemon for long term? [Re: gabbk]
    #26849785 - 07/28/20 12:00 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hey gabbk, im curious as to how lemon effects your trips. Is it the shortened length that you don't prefer or is there is a difference in the trip itself?

Offlinegabbk
Metta cultivator
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it possible to store tea without lemon for long term? [Re: Ancient Mariner]
    #26849826 - 07/28/20 12:18 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

It's just I always feel like a very intense anxiety rush at the 20 min mark when I add lemon, which I don't like at all. It feels VERY similarly like a beginning of a panic attack (the ''feeling of death''), which is horrendous, and already 3 in my life (without even using any substance). I still don't know very well how to manage and cut by the moment those very particular emotions that roll worse minute by minute to that feeling of desperation because you can predict it will end badly as the first time. I have experience meditating, but recently now I think im barely grasping an idea of how recognizing it and executing the proper breathing techniques that can aliviate/dissipate it pretty fastly. I need a lot of more practice though. Either way I've noticed that consuming it by itself I don't feel that anxiety rush in that intensity (and that's why I consume very little doses; I've never passed through 1.5g dry with lemon, nor 1.5g without). But without the lemon definitely I feel it way smoother, calmer, a lot more manageable so to speak

--------------------

OfflineAncient Mariner
Friend
 User Gallery

#26849849 - 07/28/20 12:30 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I see, that totally makes sense. I just recently started experimenting with lemon and ginger in tea and have noticed a more lifting feeling and slightly more energy from the lemon. I get a more "standing on the edge of a cliff" feeling. I've always had come up anxiety in my trips so now I have to remind myself that it's only the first hour. Haven't experienced super high doses but I imagine reminding myself of anything would not translate into mushroom thought

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Is it possible to store tea without lemon for long term? [Re: Ancient Mariner]
    #26849893 - 07/28/20 12:55 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ancient Mariner said:
How much citric acid do you use? Seems like a good idea, vs. carrying a lemon that is prone to spoil when on long trips in the mountains.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12494141#12494141

It's 2% by fresh weight.

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineAncient Mariner
Friend
 User Gallery

#26850244 - 07/28/20 04:40 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Right on. I'll be backpacking super light now. Thanks for the info

OfflineSamiam76
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26852926 - 07/30/20 02:42 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ancient Mariner said:
I see, that totally makes sense. I just recently started experimenting with lemon and ginger in tea and have noticed a more lifting feeling and slightly more energy from the lemon. I get a more "standing on the edge of a cliff" feeling. I've always had come up anxiety in my trips so now I have to remind myself that it's only the first hour. Haven't experienced super high doses but I imagine reminding myself of anything would not translate into mushroom thought

Quote:

gabbk said:
It's just I always feel like a very intense anxiety rush at the 20 min mark when I add lemon, which I don't like at all. It feels VERY similarly like a beginning of a panic attack (the ''feeling of death''), which is horrendous, and already 3 in my life (without even using any substance). I still don't know very well how to manage and cut by the moment those very particular emotions that roll worse minute by minute to that feeling of desperation because you can predict it will end badly as the first time. I have experience meditating, but recently now I think im barely grasping an idea of how recognizing it and executing the proper breathing techniques that can aliviate/dissipate it pretty fastly. I need a lot of more practice though. Either way I've noticed that consuming it by itself I don't feel that anxiety rush in that intensity (and that's why I consume very little doses; I've never passed through 1.5g dry with lemon, nor 1.5g without). But without the lemon definitely I feel it way smoother, calmer, a lot more manageable so to speak

This!!  I found the comeup from tea to be overwhelming at times, but have been doing larger doses.  I've always used lemon in the tea prep.  I actually quit doing tea because of this and went back to eating the fruits.  I will have to try again minus the lemon.

OfflineAncient Mariner
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: Is it possible to store tea without lemon for long term? [Re: Samiam76]
    #26853240 - 07/30/20 10:03 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I highly recommend ginger for taste and nausea if you haven't tried it. I just throw a few slices in the water and bring to a boil. I'm gonna try caapi vine next time. I just love the smell of it brewing and would probably extend the mushroom trip.

edit: did some more research into caapi x mush combo and I highly recommend anyone reading this to be super careful and look into potentiation factors and such if they're thinking of going for it

Edited by Ancient Mariner (07/30/20 11:43 PM)

Offlinegabbk
Metta cultivator
Male User Gallery

#26853250 - 07/30/20 10:08 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you a lot for the advice! I will definitely add ginger  :dancer:

Edited by gabbk (07/30/20 10:09 AM)

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#26853444 - 07/30/20 12:21 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

In case there was any confusion, the reason for the speedy comeup on tea with acid from fresh fruits (mostly) is the greater proportion of psilocin over psilocybin you get from the extraction, and secondarily the better bio-availability of the actives (SFAIK).  Tea without added acid wastes that psilocin, and psilocybin takes longer to become active (psilocin) because it has to be dephosphorylzed via the liver to reach the bloodstream and then the brain.  Psilocybin doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier.

This is really obvious if you study the onset times between different species (with different ratios) consumed different ways.

Myself I far prefer the speedy comeup and the quick engagement of the trip.  But you could always just take less of the acidic tea if you'd rather, since it hits harder and faster, and generally shorter as well.  But full on acidic tea trips for me last 5-6 hours before switching off, so YMMV. :cookiemonster:

--------------------

OfflineSamiam76
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26854624 - 07/30/20 11:35 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
In case there was any confusion, the reason for the speedy comeup on tea with acid from fresh fruits (mostly) is the greater proportion of psilocin over psilocybin you get from the extraction, and secondarily the better bio-availability of the actives (SFAIK).

This make sense, we were doing our teas with fresh fruits, fresh ginger and fresh lemon. All we have now is dried, I will have to try it again with the dry or just skip the lemon, which seems like a waste.  Man the anxiety last time on the comeup was just overwhelming

OfflineAncient Mariner
Friend
 User Gallery

#26854631 - 07/30/20 11:40 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting. So is the speedy come-up from the greater psilocin and bio-availability mean both a quicker onset as well as a shorter come-up? It seems that it should but at the same time, my experiences have always been where the plateau arrives when I mentally digest the content wonder of the trip. I know that sounds ridiculous and the mental factor probably correlates precisely with the chemical factor but it's got me thinking.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#26855562 - 07/31/20 01:28 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I tripped yesterday for the first time in quite a while and the tea could be felt within 5 minutes.  Within half an hour I was solid into it without any feeling of transition at all.  But then I've done this many times before and it's all quite familar.

--------------------

Offlineepilectric
low dose
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vienna
    #26856822 - 08/01/20 08:18 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

if you freeze it, it will probably last for quite a while. all i know is that tea WITH lemon lasts no longer than 1 week in the fridge...

--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops/tracks

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Is it possible to store tea without lemon for long term? [Re: epilectric]
    #26857135 - 08/01/20 11:40 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I've consumed frozen tea (with citric acid) that had been stored frozen as long as 3 years with no change in potency.  Probably long enough. :snoopyes:

--------------------

Offlinegabbk
Metta cultivator
Male User Gallery

#26857249 - 08/01/20 12:47 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hey
Quote:

Ancient Mariner said:
I highly recommend ginger for taste and nausea if you haven't tried it. I just throw a few slices in the water and bring to a boil.

Ancient, yesterday ate 1.8gr of dry shrooms with ginger/honey/cinnamon tea and it was FANTASTIC! Really really awesome, zero nausea as you suggested. One of my best trips really.

I felt really really comfortable so next time I might try again that same recipe but this time adding lemon and experiment again slowly.

By the way, how much lemon do you guys use when preparing lemon tea? Do you have any recipe in particular?

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
I've consumed frozen tea (with citric acid) that had been stored frozen as long as 3 years with no change in potency.  Probably long enough. :snoopyes:

I assume that freezing it with lemon would be as useful for long term storage (3+years), right? Or it would be better to buy citric acid for this particular reason? Have you tried tea with lemon that old?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies