Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJohn_PLUR84
Stranger
Yo, I'm back....
    #26855165 - 07/31/20 09:34 AM (14 days, 22 hours ago)

Facebook is the debil...

I'm breaking the FB addiction with the endless scrollable bullshit posts.. My dang ego problem has me arguing with trolls thinking they are legit convicted on absurd garbage, throwing insults and I feed right into it... Made a fool of myself more than id like to admit... So...
I'm back after years of being MIA.. New name, new game...

One love....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Loc: Underworld
Re: Yo, I'm back.... [Re: John_PLUR84]
    #26855287 - 07/31/20 10:49 AM (14 days, 21 hours ago)

Good luck on your journey!

Social media is indeed quite toxic. Luckily I quit all of it almost a decade ago when I was still young and pliable.

The most lonely and alone I've ever felt was when I used social media. Now, even if I'm alone (which I am for the most part), I don't feel so lonely. The human connections I have, although not as "frequent" as when I was on social media, are more intimate and real.

Again good luck, a life free of social media is a blessing.

--------------------
“Weakness is a great thing, and strength is nothing. When a man is just born, he is weak and flexible. When he dies, he is hard and insensitive. When a tree is growing, it's tender and pliant.”

- Stalker, Andrei Tarkovsky

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Yo, I'm back.... [Re: Socrateshroom]
    #26855588 - 07/31/20 01:55 PM (14 days, 17 hours ago)

i been off facebook for 8 years at least. no twitter either.

--------------------

OfflineJohn_PLUR84
Stranger
Re: Yo, I'm back.... [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26856063 - 07/31/20 07:18 PM (14 days, 12 hours ago)

So the odd things that happen since I was released from DOC are new to me... How long has the concept of the unspeakable problematic enigma existed???
I'm literally amazed at this quest.. Sometimes (I like the moments of epiphany especially) well... Sometimes... Otherwise I'm screaming at a portion of those random people who spoon feed me oppression daily..

All I really want to know...

Is it to better the student?

Or something not so nice???

Ive already been hit by a car sleepwalking by one of them.... Is it going to get worse?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26857215 - 08/01/20 12:24 PM (13 days, 19 hours ago)

yes it will keep falling apart,
that is what we have to learn to work with.

flux

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #26858072 - 08/02/20 12:41 AM (13 days, 7 hours ago)

I'm on my second 30 day Facebook ban. I was on FB for less than 2 days when they banned me again and it was for the same thing I posted 3 months earlier for which I was not banned. Once you cop a 30 day ban there seems to be some hair-trigger mechanism that gets one banned more easily. I have learned from these bans, especially about my own egoic-mind that has to miss the opportunity to comment, correct, or criticize. No doubt I'll unintentionally get banned again. After your first 30 day ban, every ban is 30 days (if not permaban). I have connected with high school peers whom I never interacted with back in the day. It's kinda sweet on the one hand and kinda pathetic on the other given that I just turned 67 last month. :lol:

But I've always had a difficult time making friends and my wife and I really have only 2 local friends now, one who is out of state for the summer and another we rarely saw even before the pandemic. So, FB does serve an attenuated social need. Aside from my step-daughter we have no family. We're both INTP types as is my step-daughter but she is half our age, 1000 miles away and WAY more social than either of us have ever been. Even extreme introverts need to communicate with other human beings. It's just that we're a weird 1-3% of the American population and represent what the extraverts (jocks) called "nerds" in the 1984 movie Revenge of the Nerds.

With even my very part-time clinical  practice suspended due to the pandemic in Miami, FL I'm even more socially isolated so I keep something of a presence in these forums along with the old-timers like myself. I have contact with some of the former and occasional Shroomerites on FB like MushroomTrip, FireworksGod, gnrm23, Huehuecoyotyl, and TacticalBongRip. I email and talk with FlyGuy and JokeShopBeard. The last 3 Shroomerites have visited us as have Anominis, Lion, and enter CosmicJoke was due to visit but he up and died. :sad: My wife and I have enjoyed the company of all of these beings met on The Shroomery and owe this medium for having been enriched by our real-life contacts. Nary an ax-murderer amongst them so here we are! :yesnod: Meanwhile, I'll remind everyone that this too is social media even if the illustrious creators are not as well known or as well-heeled as Zuckerberg is.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top. Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology