Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Money Matters

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | Next >
OfflineElViajero
Traveler

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills] * 1
    #26820928 - 07/13/20 11:29 AM (21 days, 18 hours ago)

a break above 10,000 would be nice.
what do you guys think about chainlink?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: ElViajero]
    #26823602 - 07/14/20 05:50 PM (20 days, 11 hours ago)

I think LINK is a great idea.  ZAP was one of my focused positions in the early days, but their team just couldn't keep up the momentum.  I lost sight of the thesis behind the necessity of oracles in a smart contract universe, and even once I remembered how integral they will be to the future system, even watching LINK drop back to ~$2 during the initial US coronavirus-based sell off, I still neglected to add it to my portfolio.  This has been a long running mistake of mine.  Not sure why, as I have discussed LINK several times in this thread already, and yet here I am with none on the books, knowing (in hindsight) that it would have been a really quick 400% gain from where I was looking at it just a few months ago.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineElViajero
Traveler

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills]
    #26823667 - 07/14/20 06:20 PM (20 days, 11 hours ago)

haha i have the same feeling, looked at it a year ago and didnt buy
i think buying now is kinda fomoing so.... im staying clear for now.
if it drops maybe ill dip my toes in link, definitely looks interesting

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills]
    #26827579 - 07/16/20 06:28 PM (18 days, 11 hours ago)

Just a quick post to note that BTC volatility has contracted significantly.  At around 4%, this is about as tight as I've seen the bollinger bands get.  Volatility is cyclical.  Traders should be ready for a big move, when a base is built this tightly, the subsequent breakout is typically very fast with a lot of follow through.

Specifically, this means that if you have a large trading position in BTC, you should exit or at least lighten up significantly if price breaks to the downside (conservative traders could use $9K as their stop, but I think $8,800 is more appropriate given the generally higher volatility of this asset class).  A move above $9,500 would be an initial buy signal that should quickly test resistance at $10,000.  A move above $10,350 would be a secondary buy signal, and $10,500 would be, in my view, the last level of resistance to surmount before a big move higher.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineGrimsweeper
MushMeOusideHowBoutDah
 User Gallery

#26827951 - 07/16/20 10:36 PM (18 days, 6 hours ago)

I played the xtz surge last night pretty well. Traded $500 xtz  at 3.20 for btc then bought back in at 3.04 this morning. If I had done nothing I'd be out a few bucks.

I'm in this long term but its been a bitch to make money just sitting on your hands the last few months.

--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner, you are a vacuum cleaner.

Grimsweeper's not so simple AF All in One Vend-O-Matic Grow Chamber 5000
Grim's Groovy GrimGrains
ShroomCubes
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps

OfflineInnerWisdom
Mushrooms and running
Male

Loc: Scandinavia
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Grimsweeper]
    #26827986 - 07/16/20 11:09 PM (18 days, 6 hours ago)

What do you guys think of ada/cardano? When it drops like 10% I'm thinking of buying. Lumens are also on my radar. What do you think of the value development of these?

OfflineGrimsweeper
MushMeOusideHowBoutDah
 User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #26828297 - 07/17/20 06:51 AM (17 days, 22 hours ago)

If you want day trading action Lumens goes up and down quite a bit I get alerts on it all the time. Its up 46% in the last month.

--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner, you are a vacuum cleaner.

Grimsweeper's not so simple AF All in One Vend-O-Matic Grow Chamber 5000
Grim's Groovy GrimGrains
ShroomCubes
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps

OfflineInnerWisdom
Mushrooms and running
Male

Loc: Scandinavia
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Grimsweeper]
    #26828374 - 07/17/20 07:53 AM (17 days, 21 hours ago)

Yup. I'm going to put some cash in it when it goes down next time

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #26828891 - 07/17/20 12:33 PM (17 days, 16 hours ago)

Cardano was one of my core positions for the longest while, I even had a tranche to sell from the early days when it spiked up to around $1/ADA.  However, the project's progress seemed to move soooo slowly while price bled out on the rest of my position, that I ultimately ditched it entirely quite some time ago.  It is refreshing to see that they are moving towards their next major upgrade and will have an interest bearing staking feature available on their mainnet, and I think the project has some great ideas.  But, I also think Ethereum has very similar broad goals, and because the development team for Ethereum is orders of magnitude more active, that's my horse for the time being.  From a trading standpoint, buying an asset that is up over 500% inside of 4 months is asking for trouble.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflinemickS
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: ElViajero]
    #26831426 - 07/18/20 07:41 PM (16 days, 9 hours ago)

For anyone who holds the ERC-20 Token INS (Insolar)

There is a native coin swap you need to participate in before 8/2/20 otherwise they will be frozen. For some reason I own 800 of these, and didnt know until today that I needed to swap.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills] * 2
    #26842898 - 07/24/20 03:18 PM (10 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
Just a quick post to note that BTC volatility has contracted significantly.  At around 4%, this is about as tight as I've seen the bollinger bands get.  Volatility is cyclical.  Traders should be ready for a big move, when a base is built this tightly, the subsequent breakout is typically very fast with a lot of follow through.

Specifically, this means that if you have a large trading position in BTC, you should exit or at least lighten up significantly if price breaks to the downside (conservative traders could use $9K as their stop, but I think $8,800 is more appropriate given the generally higher volatility of this asset class).  A move above $9,500 would be an initial buy signal that should quickly test resistance at $10,000.  A move above $10,350 would be a secondary buy signal, and $10,500 would be, in my view, the last level of resistance to surmount before a big move higher.

$9000 support has held and we are starting to see what looks like an upside breakout in BTC as price has broken above $9,500 and is marching along the upper and expanding bollinger band.  My only problem here is that volume is fairly pathetic and we haven't actually broken out of the trading range of the past three months, even as we are starting to breakout of the volatility squeeze.  I would want to see trading volume spike significantly higher to increase my confidence in an attempt to blow through $10,000.

Ethereum on the other hand, is in the midst of a bonafide breakout, with good volume and an impressive multiday run off of its 20 day moving average, with consistent closes above the upper and expanding bollinger band.  Hard to buy now, as we are spot on testing the February highs and one would expect some measure of a pullback here before continuing higher... but if I didn't own any, I could even get behind starting a small position right here (in a perfect world, you would buy it on a ~10% pullback to around $260).  As I noted on July 6th, "Ethereum is still the most technically and fundamentally interesting to me right now."

Tezos has a really sloppy chart, likely on account of it being a much thinner market than BTC or ETH and thus subject to increased volatility.  Nevertheless, it is firmly above $3 and hopefully getting ready to continue higher to test its February highs just under $4.  If BTC and ETH continue to expand, I would have a hard time believing that XTZ won't follow suit, and because it is a relatively underowned asset with a thinner market, it should produce an outsized gain relative to the two aforementioned majors.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2020
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #26842908 - 07/24/20 03:23 PM (10 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

ElViajero said:
a break above 10,000 would be nice.
what do you guys think about chainlink?

I have quite a bit of my money invested in Chainlink. My friend has most of his investment in Chainlink. It seems to be doing well.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26843215 - 07/24/20 06:02 PM (10 days, 11 hours ago)

I'd also been noticing chainlink lately and bought a good chunk

Anybody investing in EOS? Was watching some of the videos on it and thought it sounded interesting.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills] * 1
    #26846641 - 07/26/20 07:20 PM (8 days, 10 hours ago)

BTC and especially ETH, expanding strong out of their volatility squeezes.  Tezos in jail for now, but we know that low volume issues like that are going to be higher risk (and potentially higher reward, albeit with less correlation to aggregate market movement).  BTC volume is still not amazing, but it has improved and is working on chewing through $10K right now.  ETH, :toomuchacid:, taking care of business as expected up 36% from it's Jul 21st breakout.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
    #26857180 - 08/01/20 12:06 PM (2 days, 17 hours ago)

Threw $100 at BTC lastnight @ $11,730.

Might start trickling some dollars into BTC and maybe some others available on coinbase, now that I've got some excess fiat.

Kicking myself for selling 225 ounces of silver early last year, at a loss. Picked up at $16.57.

Feeling uncertainty as to when to enter some other assets, though I can imag7an answer I would get would be to diversify while dollars cost averaging on the way in.

Curious as to how difficult it would be to find precious metals in these pandemic times.

Should I seek a dealer for metals?

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
I like that I rustled your jimmies though. That brings me joy.
InfiniteDreams said:
You realize emotion doesn't have a place in  mathematics?
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:
And also no; science, research, and peer reveiwed bollocks means very little to me.
Such things belong in the realm of intellect, not of reason, wisdom, and common sense.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: HamHead] * 1
    #26857208 - 08/01/20 12:19 PM (2 days, 17 hours ago)

I would buy your metals from a place like APMEX or directly from a government mint, if available to you.

Attached to this post is a "Bitcoin Investment Thesis" that Fidelity's Digital Assets arm published this month.  Most of us who follow crypto should already be well appraised of the contents, but it is encouraging to see legacy financial institutions making such specific note of the potential here for their clients.

Separately, as expected, our prolonged period of low volatility has expanded, and fortunately for those of us holding crypto, it did so to the upside without taking out the support stop levels I mentioned just over two weeks ago.  Because fast moves like this necessarily grow one's base exposure to the asset class as a percentage of total assets held, I am using today's continued strength to lighten up just a tiny bit, by selling some small tranches of BTC @ $11725 and ETH @ $373.

The near term "measured move" on BTC, since it flagged over the past few days is somewhere in the vicinity of ~$12,500.  ETH barely flagged at all, and as anticipated based on its superior price action leading up to the breakout, is proving to be the winning horse for this move.  I have another tranche of standing sell orders at $12,750 and $450, respectively.  These are relatively small sales with respect to my total exposure to the asset class, and my long term view is still enthusiastic, however incremental sales into significant strength are borne out of the understanding that it is folly to be "die hard convicted" in anything, and recognizing that no one will ever be so good as to to sell the tops and buy the bottoms with any sort of consistency.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#26857297 - 08/01/20 01:27 PM (2 days, 16 hours ago)

Do any of you folks report your crypto profits to the IRS/tax agency in your country? I'd read that you were supposed to.

InvisibleChemicalSpark

Loc: Hyperborea
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Psilosopherr] * 1
    #26857327 - 08/01/20 01:57 PM (2 days, 15 hours ago)

Yeah, I pay taxes :gayflag:

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Psilosopherr] * 1
    #26857334 - 08/01/20 02:02 PM (2 days, 15 hours ago)

I have paid taxes on my crypto gains since the very beginning.  The last thing I want or need is the scruitany of the IRS and the associated harsh penalties.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #26857931 - 08/01/20 10:09 PM (2 days, 7 hours ago)

Years ago, I had some left over change in an account that increased in value, then I spent it (on drugs), then the remaining change increased in value and I spent that (also on drugs). Never did report it, probably should have, but it was such a small amount I doubt the IRS would care. Maybe a couple hundred bucks total. But that was years ago, maybe over 5 years now, and if I had to do it again I'd probably report it or something. I didn't really gain in a traditional sense since I never cashed it out, but I did use it to buy things. Never had any problems, but I think the IRS did look at me pretty closely one year when I filed taxes, but eventually nothing happened.

Don't be like me though, I should have been more careful and could have easily paid the price. This was back before the IRS was really serious and telling people to do stuff about crypto currency gains.

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Money Matters