Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineshroomshine
Captain
Female

Loc: off the Richter
Can I save my soaked Rye?
    #26857026 - 08/01/20 10:26 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hey!

So I made some LC, let it grow, tested it on agar, posted some pics of the plate here, someone told me it looks good and I thought so too.. started soaking a bunch of rye but than looked at the plate again today and I have to say that I have second (third and fourth) thoughts if its really clean or if I have stupid f*** white mold in there again (yes, I am traumatized by now - why does it have to be white!? why??!).
I decided to test it on grain before I expand my project but I already soaked a shit ton of rye over night... Is there any way to save those grains? Can I jut let them dry again and then cook em when I actually have a decent inoculant? Or are they going to rott?
I know it sound like a dumb issue but it is a lot of grain that I would have to waste.. and I hate waste!

Thanks

--------------------
bang bang free pour gang

Fuck. Oats.

Shroomery.org search engine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrimsweeper
don't fear the sweeper
 User Gallery

Loc: broom closet
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Can I save my soaked Rye? [Re: shroomshine]
    #26857035 - 08/01/20 10:33 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

If it were mine I'd finish prepping it and PC. It'll be fine for a good while in jars/bags, whatever.

--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner you are a vacuum cleaner
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps

OfflineTight Lunchbox
Drunk cat

#26857039 - 08/01/20 10:37 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I usually noc jars within three days of sterilizing grains.

Your best bet is to post pictures of you lc plate on here and get a second opinion.

I buy grain for super cheap so I'd pc the rye and see what the lc does in the jars. If it contams then oh well, now I know for sure that the lc is toast.

--------------------
"it's all a joke between mom contractions and coffin fittings"

The most useful tool for noobs

Offlineshroomshine
Captain
Female

Re: Can I save my soaked Rye? [Re: Tight Lunchbox]
    #26857065 - 08/01/20 10:58 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

how long can I hold on to PC'd jars? I would have to start over. I already have some new agar plates but would want to make some more transfers to feel safe. so two weeks? maybe three? Is that too long? Are the grains still vital by then? 

I would love to get a second opinion!

so my big issue I am having is this white/off grey mold that I had a very hard time distinguishing from mycelium, so I made some bad Xfers and potentially knocked the LC up with moldy myc as well.

this is my LC as of today, I inoculated it via "poke" method on 07/09:

the particle in there are because I didn't clean up the glass after I crushed it (yea I know) it had those in right after it came out off the PC

this is the pour plate after 5 days:

and this is the pour plate today (7 days):

I can see a lot of fluffy stuff and the patch that is clearly mycelium kinda stalled out.. Idk if the mycelium is just growing all over the place now or if its mold again...

--------------------
bang bang free pour gang

Fuck. Oats.

InvisibleSnaggletoots
One pump stumpy
 User Gallery
Loc: A nut among washers
    #26857082 - 08/01/20 11:09 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I freeze grains. Before the season starts I'll get a bunch plump and just freeze it. Take it out and pc as it's needed. Good luck

Offlineshroomshine
Captain
Female

Re: Can I save my soaked Rye? [Re: Snaggletoots] * 1
    #26857087 - 08/01/20 11:12 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Snaggletoots said:
I freeze grains. Before the season starts I'll get a bunch plump and just freeze it. Take it out and pc as it's needed. Good luck

Thanks for the reply!
So you are saying, don't PC them and freeze them after the soak?

--------------------
bang bang free pour gang

Fuck. Oats.

OfflineEntheoGod
Entheo
Male User Gallery

#26857112 - 08/01/20 11:25 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Pc them and just put em away and they should be fine for a while.

I’d just make more when you get the chance again. You’re only really saving like a day of time.🤷‍♂️

Offlineshroomshine
Captain
Female

Re: Can I save my soaked Rye? [Re: EntheoGod]
    #26857153 - 08/01/20 11:50 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

EntheoGod said:
Pc them and just put em away and they should be fine for a while.

I’d just make more when you get the chance again. You’re only really saving like a day of time.🤷‍♂️

How long would they be good for? Would I be able to store them PCed for up to three weeks? In- or outside the fridge? I know that carbohydrates don't respond too well to the cold so maybe freezing them before even boiling them would be the better option.

I just don't want to waste the lbs. that's my main point, not saving time.

--------------------
bang bang free pour gang

Fuck. Oats.

Edited by shroomshine (08/01/20 11:51 AM)

OfflineEntheoGod
Entheo
Male User Gallery

#26857162 - 08/01/20 11:57 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

If pressure cooked and left in a cool room they would be good for a couple weeks, I’m not sure about any further than that.

The longer you wait, the higher the risks obviously. I suppose just allowing them to dry and then rehydrating them for a little while would be a goos option but I’d be afraid they would go moldy if you didn’t dry them completely.

I honestly would be afraid to not just go ahead and pressure cook them. I’m not sure how freezing them after they’ve been soaked would do. Doesn’t feel like a good idea to me.

I guess in the end it’s up to you but I’d personally just throw em out for the birds since it’ll be that long before you’re able to get to em. I’m super cautious though. I’d either pressure cook em or toss them but you could likely dry them and just rehydrate them..

🤷‍♂️

Offlineshroomshine
Captain
Female

Re: Can I save my soaked Rye? [Re: EntheoGod]
    #26857169 - 08/01/20 11:59 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

EntheoGod said:
If pressure cooked and left in a cool room they would be good for a couple weeks, I’m not sure about any further than that.

The longer you wait, the higher the risks obviously. I suppose just allowing them to dry and then rehydrating them for a little while would be a goos option but I’d be afraid they would go moldy if you didn’t dry them completely.

I honestly would be afraid to not just go ahead and pressure cook them. I’m not sure how freezing them after they’ve been soaked would do. Doesn’t feel like a good idea to me.

I guess in the end it’s up to you but I’d personally just throw em out for the birds since it’ll be that long before you’re able to get to em. I’m super cautious though. I’d either pressure cook em or toss them but you could likely dry them and just rehydrate them..

🤷‍♂️

Ok thanks! Feeding them to the birds actually sounds like the best idea now lol

Do you have any comment on my LC by any chance? :smile:

--------------------
bang bang free pour gang

Fuck. Oats.

InvisibleSnaggletoots
One pump stumpy
 User Gallery
Loc: A nut among washers
    #26857193 - 08/01/20 12:12 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Freeze and they're good til you need them. Not just for awhile. Yes, soak in heat til the plumpness you want then allow to stem dry. They just bag them up til you need to use them. One week, one year, whatever, then just pull them out and stick in the fridge the day before, then fill jars or bags to desired and pc.

Offlineshroomshine
Captain
Female

Re: Can I save my soaked Rye? [Re: Snaggletoots]
    #26857275 - 08/01/20 01:09 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Snaggletoots said:
Freeze and they're good til you need them. Not just for awhile. Yes, soak in heat til the plumpness you want then allow to stem dry. They just bag them up til you need to use them. One week, one year, whatever, then just pull them out and stick in the fridge the day before, then fill jars or bags to desired and pc.

:coolcat:

--------------------
bang bang free pour gang

Fuck. Oats.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck