Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: @koods [Re: HamHead]
    #26856127 - 07/31/20 07:56 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Lol, nobody is getting the flu here right now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: @koods [Re: morrowasted]
    #26856150 - 07/31/20 08:04 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

One advantage of the social distancing is it has likely shut the flu down almost entirely. I doubt many people are getting colds either.

I’m curious to see what the CDC data on STDs will be for this year.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: koods]
    #26856156 - 07/31/20 08:07 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Morrow, what are your thoughts on the current plateau in new cases? Is it real or have we just hit our testing capacity limits?

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#26856198 - 07/31/20 08:28 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I also dont spend a lot of my free time looking into covid related news anymore so i can only speak anecodtally. Admissions are dropping somewhat but because of all the long term patients, the hospitals are still packed. It does seem to me here in texas at least, people have finally gotten the message on the importance of wearing masks in public. When you get to a high number of cases, it reaches the point where practically everyone knows someone who is really sick with covid, and i think that is the biggest driver of people changing their behaviors. Everyone I know here knows at least one person who has been hospitalized now, most people know several. Even the uneducated people seem to have realized they cant just skate through this by ignoring it. I overheard a conversation at the train station where hispanic immigrants were talking shit about their neighbors for having bbqs now, talking about all the people they know who caught it.  Afaik we have continued to roll out more and more testing. The tests results still take an absurdly long time to return though.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26856202 - 07/31/20 08:33 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

It really seems like we are keeping more people alive but this is making the hospital stays even longer. I was comparing new cases graph with the deaths graph and the lag is almost a month now.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#26856211 - 07/31/20 08:36 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I think back in new york part of the problem was the patient to staff ratios were totally fucked. When youve got ten icu patients and two of them decompensate at the same time, at least one them is probably gonna die. Code teams dont work when everyone is stretched thin already. When you look at the ratio of cases to deaths in ny vs tx the difference is stark. When these patients decompensate it happens very rapidly and it requires a lot of manpower to pull them back from the brink

Offlineichugwindex
Dex
Female User Gallery

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    #26856223 - 07/31/20 08:40 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Wheres my monthly check. Waiting to cough on everyone until we all have it if you want us to starve in the name of this garbage

--------------------
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: @koods [Re: ichugwindex]
    #26856467 - 07/31/20 11:42 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

How strange.

Lockdowns began week 13.

Those percentages drop pretty quick, like influenza almost disappears after week 13 with less than %1 positive test.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
    #26856499 - 08/01/20 12:28 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

ur point

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: HamHead] * 1
    #26856516 - 08/01/20 12:40 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

How is that strange? That’s exactly what you would expect when everyone is sheltering in place, businesses are closed and people are social distancing. You think these measures only work for coronavirus? That’s drop off in cases is exactly what you’d expect, and it would be much more precipitous than covid because the flu is less contagious and has a very short incubation period (1.5 days median compared to 5 days for covid)

And it was week 11 when the shit hit the fan and people started being paranoid. Week 12 is when the first lockdowns started. Also the flu naturally starts to wane in March.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #26856518 - 08/01/20 12:42 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:
ur point

His point is lockdowns are amazingly effective at halting the spread of infectious respiratory viruses.

That data is fantastic. Finally hamhead posted something worthwhile. Only 3 new cases of the flu in the entire US that last week.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (08/01/20 12:47 AM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26856528 - 08/01/20 12:55 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Considering the US is isolated from the rest of the world, and people are still going to be practicing social distancing and good hygiene and most schools will be at least modified to some extent, it is possible we may not have a flu season this year.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26856553 - 08/01/20 01:16 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

cannabinated said:
ur point

His point is lockdowns are amazingly effective at halting the spread of infectious respiratory viruses.

That data is fantastic. Finally hamhead posted something worthwhile. Only 3 new cases of the flu in the entire US that last week.

If you believe there was only 3 cases of flu, you're delusional.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2020/05/07/new-survey-suggests-66--of-all-new-hospitalizations-are-from-people-sheltering-at-home-

"A new survey of 1,300 patients at 113 hospitals around New York state suggests that 66 percent of all new hospitalizations are people who are sheltering at home. And only 3 percent in New York City had been using public transportation."

Yeah, lockdowns work great, nevermind destroying millions of peoples opportunity to earn a living.

Sorry koods, you're wrong. Lockdowns have not had much effect on preventing spread, considering people were going to grocery stores, hardware stores, liquor stores, gas stations, etc, etc, etc. All while not wearing mask, mind you.

Now, we're all wearing mask and seeing case numbers far exceeding those of 3 months ago. With death rates in a majority of states remaining low, comparable with flu.

Yet, it's ok to gather and protest on a daily basis, but you cannot go to work to make money for rent.

There are low flu numbers because flu isn't tested for near as often. As you can see, week 11, there were 74,416 test for flu in an entire week. Week 30, 4327 test, all week.

Now, this is hypothetical. We are testing Covid out the ass, tens of thousands of test in each state and cases are being found.

If there were as many influenza specific test preformed with zero emphasis on looking for Covid, I can bet there would be many more cases of influenza than 3.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26856565 - 08/01/20 01:38 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Almost certainly every single covid admission to hospital is getting a full virus panel, including flu viruses. Considering the flu is nearly non existent in the population right now and were still testing 4000 a week, those are likely almost all covid patients. Do you see the percent positive? It’s tiny.

Compare this year to last year, week 30. Last year there were 6300 tests with a 2.72% positivity. This year 4300 tests with 0.06% positivity. The would have had to run 245,000 tests in 2019 to get a 0.06 positivity rate.

You are not being intellectually honest. It’s evidently clear through the data you provided yourself that there almost no patients infected with the flu at this time. Explain how the positivity rate went to below 1% within weeks of the lockdown while in the previous year it took months just to get down to below 3% for the same weeks.

Quote:

there were as many influenza specific test preformed with zero emphasis on looking for Covid, I can bet there would be many more cases of influenza than.

You need to ask yourself why there’s were 4300 tests run for the flu when there were only 3 positives. Why are there so many tests with such a low prevalence unless they are being run as a workup for covid patients.

Edited by koods (08/01/20 02:00 AM)

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26857053 - 08/01/20 10:45 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Almost certainly every single covid admission to hospital is getting a full virus panel, including flu viruses. Considering the flu is nearly non existent in the population right now and were still testing 4000 a week, those are likely almost all covid patients. Do you see the percent positive? It’s tiny.

Compare this year to last year, week 30. Last year there were 6300 tests with a 2.72% positivity. This year 4300 tests with 0.06% positivity. The would have had to run 245,000 tests in 2019 to get a 0.06 positivity rate.

You are not being intellectually honest. It’s evidently clear through the data you provided yourself that there almost no patients infected with the flu at this time. Explain how the positivity rate went to below 1% within weeks of the lockdown while in the previous year it took months just to get down to below 3% for the same weeks.

Quote:

there were as many influenza specific test preformed with zero emphasis on looking for Covid, I can bet there would be many more cases of influenza than.

You need to ask yourself why there’s were 4300 tests run for the flu when there were only 3 positives. Why are there so many tests with such a low prevalence unless they are being run as a workup for covid patients.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/medicare-hospitals-covid-patients/

I don't have to ask myself why there are so few cases of flu.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/24/fact-check-medicare-hospitals-paid-more-covid-19-patients-coronavirus/3000638001/

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospital-payments-and-the-covid-19-death-count/

"It is true, however, that the government will pay more to hospitals for COVID-19 cases in two senses: By paying an additional 20% on top of traditional Medicare rates for COVID-19 patients during the public health emergency, and by reimbursing hospitals for treating the uninsured patients with the disease (at that enhanced Medicare rate).

The CARES Act created the 20% add-on to be paid for Medicare patients with COVID-19. The act further created a $100 billion fund that is being used to financially assist hospitals — a “portion” of which will be “used to reimburse healthcare providers, at Medicare rates, for COVID-related treatment of the uninsured,” according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

“There’s an implication here that hospitals are over-reporting their COVID patients because they have an economic advantage of doing so, [which] is really an outrageous claim,” Gerald Kominski, senior fellow at the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research, told us. And, he said, any suggestion that patients may be put on ventilators out of financial gain, not medical need, “is basically saying physicians are violating their Hippocratic Oath … it would be like providing heart surgery on someone who doesn’t need it.”

The CDC guidance says that officials should report deaths in which the patient tested positive for COVID-19 — or, if a test isn’t available, “if the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty.” It further indicates that if a “definite diagnosis of COVID–19 cannot be made, but it is suspected or likely (e.g., the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty), it is acceptable to report COVID-19 on a death certificate as ‘probable’ or ‘presumed.'”

https://www.foxnews.com/health/hospitals-medicare-patients-cost-coronavirus

"HHS also announced that $10 billion would be set aside for high-impact areas significantly impacted by the coronavirus, emphasizing "that New York hospitals are expected to receive a large share of the funds."

"This more targeted funding will help address concerns from hospitals in the hardest-hit areas that they had not gotten sufficient funds to help them manage a surge in COVID-19 patients. To help HHS determine which facilities will qualify for this targeted distribution, each hospital must submit the number of ICU beds it has and its total COVID-19 admissions as of April 10, 2020," Kaiser observed.

On April 14, New York's overall coronavirus death toll was revised with a major leap – with some 3,700 fatalities added with the provision that the count now included "people who had never tested positive for the virus but were presumed to have it."

The uptick ignited a sharp rebuke from President Trump the following day, who then hinted that the hardest-hit state was inflating its numbers."

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26857062 - 08/01/20 10:56 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

You’re essentially a holocaust denier at this point.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26857074 - 08/01/20 11:05 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:

Really?

That's all you've got?

No articles proving me wrong?

No fact check, oh wait, I already posted some of those.

Maybe we should submit these fact checkers work to be peer reviewed?

Fuck you for calling me a holocaust denier.

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26857081 - 08/01/20 11:08 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Your tattoo will contain microchips, connected to your bank account, hospital records and smartphones.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: HamHead] * 1
    #26857206 - 08/01/20 12:18 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

koods said:

Really?

That's all you've got?

No articles proving me wrong?

No fact check, oh wait, I already posted some of those.

Maybe we should submit these fact checkers work to be peer reviewed?

Fuck you for calling me a holocaust denier.

A Holocaust is a great destruction or catastrophe. You’re straight up denying Americans are dying from this disease. It’s perverse and malicious.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: HamHead] * 2
    #26857209 - 08/01/20 12:19 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Your tattoo will contain microchips, connected to your bank account, hospital records and smartphones.

You’re completely detached from reality

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale