Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon Hemp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands, USA Flag
Pelosi defends cannabis in coronavirus response: 'This is a therapy'
    #26856420 - 07/31/20 10:52 PM (10 days, 23 hours ago)

Pelosi defends cannabis in coronavirus response: 'This is a therapy'
thehill.com

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Friday defended the marijuana provisions in the Democrats' most recent round of coronavirus relief, rejecting suggestions that support for the cannabis industry is unrelated to the public health crisis sweeping the country.

"I don't agree with you that cannabis is not related to this," Pelosi said during a press briefing in the Capitol. "This is a therapy that has proven successful."

Pelosi was responding to a reporter's suggestion that Democrats and Republicans were both pushing provisions in their competing emergency stimulus bills that are extraneous to the deadly pandemic and the economic devastation that it's caused.

The Democrats' $3.4 trillion package, approved by the House on May 15, includes language empowering cannabis businesses and their providers — many of which have remained open during the coronavirus crisis — to work with federally backed banks and insurers.

Under current law, financial institutions can face steep penalties if they conduct business with cannabis companies, since the Controlled Substance Act classifies marijuana among the Schedule 1 drugs, which are considered to have no legitimate medical purpose.

Senate Republicans have countered with a $1.1 trillion emergency stimulus bill, which includes roughly $1.8 billion to fund a new FBI building at its current location in Washington.

Critics have pounced, accusing President Trump of using a public health crisis to advance a pet project he's sought since he entered the White House. The FBI building is across the street from Trump's D.C. hotel, and Democrats maintain he wants to keep it there "so that another hotel doesn't come in there and compete with the president's hotel," in Pelosi's words.

"That's what that's all about. That has nothing to do with the coronavirus," she said. "So we're going to have to come to some compromise on the legislation. I just don't accept that there's any equivalence in what you put forth there."

The comments come as the parties appear nowhere close to reaching an agreement on the next round of coronavirus relief. Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) have met four times this week with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House chief of staff Mark Meadows in search of a deal. Despite their persistence, the sides have emerged each day to say their only agreement is to disagree.

The four negotiators are expected to speak again Friday by phone.

Meanwhile, a $600 weekly subsidy in state-based unemployment benefits is set to expire at the end of the day on Friday, leading to both parties pointing fingers at the other for putting millions of beneficiaries in economic dire straights.

"We'll see what they come back with today," Pelosi said. "But do not accept any thought in their mind that they want to continue the $600."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Pelosi defends cannabis in coronavirus response: 'This is a therapy' [Re: Ythan]
    #26858342 - 08/02/20 08:05 AM (9 days, 13 hours ago)

The stimulus should include a Quap of Indica for every household

And some very sedating 90+% concentrate

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
Re: Pelosi defends cannabis in coronavirus response: 'This is a therapy' [Re: Fractal420]
    #26860428 - 08/03/20 10:03 AM (8 days, 11 hours ago)

Pelosi and Biden had 70 years combined to legalize Marijuana. Nope. Trump Legalized Hemp, Trump keeps DEA out of dispensarys.  Trump fixes Cocaine Laws, Trump gets blacks out of Jail.  Pelosi is a stooge for illegal drug dealers. Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi Keeping Drugs illegal for >70 Years.    BTW  Bushes are Democrats.

Offlinesk8fast
Tripping skater
 User Gallery

Re: Pelosi defends cannabis in coronavirus response: 'This is a therapy' [Re: downlowfunk]
    #26860657 - 08/03/20 11:49 AM (8 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

downlowfunk said:
Pelosi and Biden had 70 years combined to legalize Marijuana. Nope. Trump Legalized Hemp, Trump keeps DEA out of dispensarys.  Trump fixes Cocaine Laws, Trump gets blacks out of Jail.  Pelosi is a stooge for illegal drug dealers. Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi Keeping Drugs illegal for >70 Years.    BTW  Bushes are Democrats.

Trump could tell mitch McConnell to let cannabis bills have a vote in the senate but he doesn't. When biden was vice president is when the memo to stop raiding medical dispensaries was put out. All the politicians we have now suck how can you think trump is any better than the rest of these slimy fucks

OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Pelosi defends cannabis in coronavirus response: 'This is a therapy' [Re: downlowfunk]
    #26861706 - 08/03/20 09:46 PM (8 days, 10 minutes ago)

Trump didn't legalize hemp, congress did. Trump didn't keep the DEA out of dispensaries, Federal courts are largely responsible for that and it happened during the Obama administration. And the only thing Trump had to do with the First Step Act was signing it. I don't even know WTF you are talking about when you say he got "blacks" out of jail.

The criminal justice reform we've seen with a GOP controlled Senate is progress, and thats a good thing, but honestly its a very small step...and thats largely because it was a compromise bill, it started in the House and was weakened in the Senate, want to guess which side of the aisle is responsible for forcing said compromise? Lets put it this way, every single no vote it received was from a GOP member.

How is supporting the cannabis industry(which the GOP does not) being a stooge for illegal drug dealers? The democrats drag their feet on drug and criminal justice reform because they are courting centrists, not because their base demands it. Quite the opposite, its the left that has been championing these issues. You've got things totally flipped, its the GOP base and conservative swing voters which stand in the way of ending the war on drugs and prison reform.

Let me ask you this, how many legal states have GOP controlled legislatures?

Thats some gold medal mental gymnastics you got going on, you are seriously delusional and should try joining the rest of us in reality.

Quote:

All the politicians we have now suck how can you think trump is any better than the rest of these slimy fucks

This is true, except that Trump is even worse.

Edited by Holybullshit (08/03/20 10:06 PM)

OfflineVP123
Strange
Male

Loc: Midwest
Re: Pelosi defends cannabis in coronavirus response: 'This is a therapy' [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26862480 - 08/04/20 11:20 AM (7 days, 10 hours ago)

From the moment I saw the name Pelosi in the headline I knew some people would get triggered and compelled to do some amazing acrobatics with logic.

Mention Mexicans in another headline post and we will see them getting triggered again .

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
Re: Pelosi defends cannabis in coronavirus response: 'This is a therapy' [Re: VP123]
    #26862692 - 08/04/20 01:34 PM (7 days, 8 hours ago)

Mexicana B best shrooms on the market. as for your triggered ass go suck some Pelosi Hole

OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
    #26863061 - 08/04/20 05:16 PM (7 days, 4 hours ago)

What a convincing argument you make, so mature and well thought out.

Quote:

In his interview, Swan asked Trump: “Mr. President, Ghislaine Maxwell has been arrested on allegations of child sex trafficking. Why would you wish such a person well ... ”

Trump interjected to say, “Well, first of all, I don’t know that...I do wish her well. I’m not looking for anything bad for her...Good luck. Let them prove somebody was guilty,”

Yeah, Trump totally took down Epstein...except that he literally had nothing to do with it and won't even condemn or acknowledge the guilt of those involved...

It's really amazing how far from reality Trumps base has been pushed in order to quell the cognitive dissonance that must be raging inside.

Edited by Holybullshit (08/04/20 07:09 PM)

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Pelosi defends cannabis in coronavirus response: 'This is a therapy' [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26873173 - 08/10/20 12:00 PM (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Shes a piece of shit.
Never miss a good chance to grandstand.

--------------------
"Nothing is more dangerous to your creativity than comfort and familiarity"

“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.” - Zappa

"It's called rational thinking" - Zappa

"Logic leads to nihilism..."

Love, in a lot of ways is like good drugs, when you get good drugs its very obvious you got good drugs.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon Hemp

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service