Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

Ellen's show is about to be toast * 1
    #26856185 - 07/31/20 08:21 PM (3 days, 28 minutes ago)

https://nypost.com/2020/07/31/ellen-degeneres-allegedly-wants-to-end-her-talk-show/

Quote:

Ellen DeGeneres reportedly wants to end her talk show

Ellen DeGeneres may be tired of talking.

Anonymous insiders at Telepictures said the longtime host of her eponymous talk show is ready to hang up her microphone in the wake of recent allegations about “toxic” workplace conditions.

A source at Telepictures told DailyMail.com that the host is telling executives at Telepictures and Warner Bros that she has had enough and wants to walk away from the show.

“She feels she can’t go on and the only way to recover her personal brand from this is to shut down the show,” an insider told the outlet on Friday. “The truth is she knew what was going on — it’s her show. The buck stops with her. She can blame every executive under the sun — but Ellen is ultimately the one to blame.”

Reps for DeGeneres and the show have not yet responded to The Post’s request for comment about the latest in a long string of claims.

On Thursday, DeGeneres, 62, addressed allegations of behind-the-scenes racism and more in a memo to staff, saying she was “sorry” and suggesting unspecified changes would be made. The show’s executive producer, Ed Glavin, was reportedly let go.

“As we’ve grown exponentially, I’ve not been able to stay on top of everything and relied on others to do their jobs as they knew I’d want them done. Clearly some didn’t,” she said. “That will now change and I’m committed to ensuring this does not happen again.”

It also was revealed Thursday that dozens of former staff members had come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct, harassment and assault.

However, anonymous show sources say that DeGeneres’ regrets ring hollow.

“Don’t think for a minute anything she has said in that apology means anything. She created and then enabled this toxic culture to go on for so long,” a staff member told the Daily Mail. “If anyone had come to her or those three vile EPs [executive producers] to complain, they would’ve been fired.”

Insiders also said that Telepictures has “had enough of her” and called DeGeneres a “phony who does not practice what she preaches,” as far as creating a happy environment.

“The behavior of her show executives has been appalling, but [Ellen] is no better,” a source said. “In fact, she is the worst. It’s outrageous that she is trying to pretend that this is all a shock to her. The fish rots from the head, and Ellen is the head.”

The source also alleges that DeGeneres “hates coming to work” and “struggles to be nice to people and has utter contempt for her audience,” adding that the host “has been phoning it in for so long” and suggesting she has been “staying for the money and celebrity it affords her.”

“We’ve dealt with her BS for so many years, she’s not innocent at all, she’s not nice and the show is not filled with happiness,” the insider said.

In the meantime, celebrities have been lining up for or against her, with “Everybody Loves Raymond” alum Brad Garrett calling her out for allegedly treating people “horribly.” Celebrity manager Scooter Braun called her a “kind, thoughtful, courageous human being.”

On Monday, sources said WarnerMedia’s employee relations group and a third-party firm would interview former and current staff members about backstage issues. The show also has faced the possibility of cancellation, but when asked by The Post about cancellation rumors in early July, DeGeneres’ production company reps said, “Telepictures can confirm it’s untrue.”

She and her show has just been being torched with toxic press for like 5 weeks now. From claims of her being really, really awful to her employees to now sexual harassment claims directed at show producers -- she's toast, man. Now Everybody Loves Raymond actor Brad Garrett has now come out and said that it's not a surprise at all, and that it's pretty much an open secret about Ellen. And some other story about how Ellen went to Australia or something for an interview and they said that she was totally bizarre -- like you couldn't look at her or speak to her unless she addressed you first.

Anyway I'm sure she won't go hungry or anything considering she has a net worth of some 350 million dollars.

But yeah, RIP Ellen Show.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Ellen's show is about to be toast [Re: Niffla]
    #26856586 - 08/01/20 02:34 AM (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Tbh that show stopped being relevant or interesting 10 years ago.

I'm not surprised she's been burned out and bitchy when any pretense of uniqueness or wholesomeness in talkshows has been run into the ground simply by running and promoting yourself for so long.

Ellen isn't Oprah. Especially not when trying to function as a comedian.

But that insider source quote quote is pretty burning :lol:

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

OnlineThe Blind Ass
Foolishly Happy
Male User Gallery

Re: Ellen's show is about to be toast [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #26856588 - 08/01/20 02:39 AM (2 days, 18 hours ago)

PC megastardum eating itself alive.  Something deeply disturbing about the vibe Id get when, over the years, I’d flip through channels and land on her show for a few seconds.  Maybe I’ve got no room to judge, since I’ve never actually seen it, but my gut is pretty solid when it comes to these things.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or -  give me death caps

InvisibleHartford
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: Ellen's show is about to be toast [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26856596 - 08/01/20 03:03 AM (2 days, 17 hours ago)

There's nothing hidden that shall not be revealed, especially on a talk show.

OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Re: Ellen's show is about to be toast [Re: Hartford] * 2
    #26856623 - 08/01/20 04:01 AM (2 days, 16 hours ago)

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :gold:  :silver:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

Offlineviraldrome
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ellen's show is about to be toast [Re: Asante]
    #26856661 - 08/01/20 05:29 AM (2 days, 15 hours ago)

Fuck that cunt, she rallied against the seal hunt and mobilized her army of hand wringing wenches against it. Pretty much ignoring the 10 thousand year history of the practice among Inuits. She runs and hides any time any asks her if she wants to meet a female seal hunter who feeds and supports her whole extended family with it. The sole justification degenerate has is "seals are cute". They aren't endangered, and have to be culled anyway, now the US market is closed to sealskin products so it all just goes to waste now. And Ellen and her Hollywood buddies pat themselves on the backs....

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/canadians-speak-up-against-ellens-anti-seal-hunt-cause/

--------------------

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Ellen's show is about to be toast [Re: viraldrome] * 7
    #26856734 - 08/01/20 07:01 AM (2 days, 13 hours ago)

Seal products were banned in the U.S. in 1972, obviously having nothing to do with Ellen.  They were banned in the E.U. in '09 and '11 in Russia after Vladimir Putin saw how horrific the seal cull actually is and said that it should have been abolished long ago.  The main objection ov the seal cull is centralized around the East coast commercial hunt partaken by mostly non-Inuit fishermen who make an average ov 4% their annual income off the 'hunt' in provision ov seal oil and pelts(not for the sustenance ov their families).

Sustenance ov families or skinned and left to rot on the ice, often while still breathing?

Edited by lavod (08/01/20 07:08 AM)

OfflineTripsurfer
Surfing Yogi
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
    #26856933 - 08/01/20 09:29 AM (2 days, 11 hours ago)

I have never gotten over the fact that she married Portia de Rossi

:mindblown:

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

Onlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26856947 - 08/01/20 09:34 AM (2 days, 11 hours ago)

The Ellen Degenerate Air Fryers are about to go on sale!

--------------------
A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

Re: Ellen's show is about to be toast [Re: Tripsurfer] * 1
    #26856958 - 08/01/20 09:39 AM (2 days, 11 hours ago)

I always knew she was batshit insane. Look at that smile. Any one who ever admired her was the easily dellusional type of person

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

Re: Ellen's show is about to be toast [Re: christopera]
    #26856965 - 08/01/20 09:44 AM (2 days, 11 hours ago)

With someone like Ellen, who has built a brand and empire off herself, even if you're a complete fraud behind closed doors in your personal life...don't you still want to at least be halfway decent to the people who work for you? Even if you're just faking it?

Because if you don't sooner or later someone is going to go public (and in this case droves of them apparently went public) and that phony image you built is going to crumble. Like we're witnessing now. Although I guess it's easier said than done being a complete fraud for, say 12 hours a day instead of just the one hour per work day in which the camera is rolling.

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 905 Flag
    #26856972 - 08/01/20 09:48 AM (2 days, 11 hours ago)

So she was abusive to employees? I always thought she was incredibly bland as an entertainer (anyone seen her old sitcom?) but that she at least seemed to be a nice person.

--------------------
BAN OP 2020

OnlineThe Blind Ass
Foolishly Happy
Male User Gallery

Re: Ellen's show is about to be toast [Re: psi]
    #26856980 - 08/01/20 09:52 AM (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Never know :shrug: it could also just be some peeps looking to bleed her for some easy money.  Regardless, Oprah and her give me the willies.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or -  give me death caps

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 905 Flag
    #26856990 - 08/01/20 09:56 AM (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Oh I guess it was more like she was turning a blind eye to managers sexually harassing underlings.

Quote:

To be clear, she is not accused of any personal wrongdoing. But Ellen is commander-in-chief of this creative army. If her lieutenants were abusive, as alleged, it’s hard to grasp how she was clueless to the collateral damage.

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/opinion/2020/07/31/ellen-degeneres-must-now-talk-her-way-out-of-a-sexual-misconduct-scandal.html

--------------------
BAN OP 2020

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

#26856992 - 08/01/20 09:57 AM (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

psi said:
So she was abusive to employees? I always thought she was incredibly bland as an entertainer (anyone seen her old sitcom?) but that she at least seemed to be a nice person.

Yeah a bunch of reports came out about a highly toxic workplace, Ellen being a very cold and heartless individual, and several executive producers of the show accused of frequent sexual harassment.

--------------------

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

#26856995 - 08/01/20 09:58 AM (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

psi said:
Oh I guess it was more like she was turning a blind eye to managers sexually harassing underlings.

Quote:

To be clear, she is not accused of any personal wrongdoing. But Ellen is commander-in-chief of this creative army. If her lieutenants were abusive, as alleged, it’s hard to grasp how she was clueless to the collateral damage.

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/opinion/2020/07/31/ellen-degeneres-must-now-talk-her-way-out-of-a-sexual-misconduct-scandal.html

Well that was just the most recent thing to surface. There was more going back several weeks.

--------------------

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: united states Flag
    #26857002 - 08/01/20 10:06 AM (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Is this really a huge shock to anyone except the airhead women that watch her show? All she does is prey on and manipulate women's emotions while at the same time being one the biggest walking sacks of human garbage on the planet. I hope they take her money away fuck you. I mean think about the money it makes my blood boil. Too bad Dr phil isn't doubt enough to get caught with something like this. That man should taken out and shot for upsetting women for profits and filling mighty moms heads with his bullshit lies. He beat his first wife and isnt even a doctor. The fact both these shows are even on the air is proof just how dumb day time tv is. Why does the audience clap to the beat and scream it makes me want to throw something thru my TV. How fucking stupid are you people? These shows need to be stopped theyre contributing to the retardization of America go open a science book or documentary you vapid bubbleheaded nitwits. Your the reason America sucks fuck you in your stupid asses.

Edited by CHeifM4sterDiezL (08/01/20 10:08 AM)

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

Re: Ellen's show is about to be toast [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 4
    #26857014 - 08/01/20 10:17 AM (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Is this really a huge shock to anyone except the airhead women that watch her show? All she does is prey on and manipulate women's emotions while at the same time being one the biggest walking sacks of human garbage on the planet. I hope they take her money away fuck you. I mean think about the money it makes my blood boil. Too bad Dr phil isn't doubt enough to get caught with something like this. That man should taken out and shot for upsetting women for profits and filling mighty moms heads with his bullshit lies. He beat his first wife and isnt even a doctor. The fact both these shows are even on the air is proof just how dumb day time tv is. Why does the audience clap to the beat and scream it makes me want to throw something thru my TV. How fucking stupid are you people? These shows need to be stopped theyre contributing to the retardization of America go open a science book or documentary you vapid bubbleheaded nitwits. Your the reason America sucks fuck you in your stupid asses.

Seriously though I agree I think the majority, if not all of the daytime talk shows are just atrocious. The worst offender is The View.

--------------------

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: united states Flag
Re: Ellen's show is about to be toast [Re: Niffla] * 3
    #26857021 - 08/01/20 10:25 AM (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Whats with the clapping its infuriating

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

Re: Ellen's show is about to be toast [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #26857028 - 08/01/20 10:28 AM (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Whats with the clapping its infuriating

:lol:

It's pathetic man they have applause signs that tell them when to applaud :facepalm:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Community >> The Pub