Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: Spores off of Tin Foil [Re: ]
    #2684408 - 05/16/04 12:44 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Your whole post zerohero has the answers on the previous page.  Maybe read before posting? :smile:

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

Re: Spores off of Tin Foil [Re: Xenophobic]
    #2684945 - 05/16/04 02:24 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I certainly agree with you about the importance of sterility in the process. Maybe there is something I am missing,but all the sterile procedure in the world wont change the fact that the cap that you use to make the print, and the spores contained within, are not sterileby any means,and it stands to reason that they will carry a certain risk of contams in spite of carefull precautions. I must again stress that I am not saying that we should toss asceptic tecnique out the window I am just curious on your thoughts on this point.

MYKEY

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #2684986 - 05/16/04 02:38 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I still fail to see the purpose of preserving your prints on a honey coated foil. Here are the problems I have with this method, perhaps you could clear them up for me:

#1 - Honey contains it's own microflora of bacteria. How do you prevent this bacteria from contaminating your syringe? If sterilized, how do you know the heat does not break down the anti-bacterial agents produced by the native bacteria (thus destroying the natural preservative qualities)?

#2 - When spores land on the surface and germinate, what keeps this mycelia preserved and alive? Or is this just for short term storage and immediate use?

#3 - When spores land on the surface, they are just that, on the surface. How does the honey preserve them if it is under the spores? Do you smear another layer on the spores after the print is taken?

#4 - Spores are best preserved when dry. How are they allowed to cure on a honey coated foil? Do you let the honey and spores dry (cure)?

--------------------
To give is to live...

Edited by ATWAR (05/16/04 04:29 AM)

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: Spores off of Tin Foil [Re: ATWAR]
    #2685107 - 05/16/04 03:12 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

The answer is the same as my last post, it's all there  :smile:

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spores off of Tin Foil [Re: Madmonk]
    #2685263 - 05/16/04 03:49 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

OK first... Zerohero is right and he read your post... in fact, he was replying to it.

Honey may work sometimes BUT... any spore (mold... fungus... whatever) that is in the honey could germinate.

THIS AND the cubensis spores will germinate... making spores printed on honey (...if it works) illegal to trade. Illegal in the USA at least, where cube myc is illegal.

So... while tempting to try (slightly) it could be a bad idea.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #2685292 - 05/16/04 03:54 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Perhaps I am missing how you answered my questions in advance. Perhaps you could read my post again, and address my questions as I have asked. I read the whole thread, and posted these questions to you. Or perhaps you should go back and read your original post and quote out which parts answer my questions. There is nothing said but honey is a natural preservative and has antibiotic properties.

How does that answer my further inquiry? Simply stating that honey is a preservative does not answer the other questions I have about your methods.

:confused:

--------------------
To give is to live...

Edited by ATWAR (05/16/04 04:30 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom