Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Is hesitation the crux of procrastination? [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #26860524 - 08/03/20 10:43 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

piecemeal makes terrific sense, most things are multi layered:

Create a solid plan and a logical framework in time AKA a schedule for each of the pieces to be done; some prioritized over others because they get buried underneath (like footings are buried under foundations, and foundations buried under waterproofing and then gravel and the earth as well as the first floor layer and the rising walls of your house)...

The last, topmost and outermost layers and some of the finest and more delicate-innermost layers follow, when the basics are all ready to finish.

Each piece has a relation to the others - sized in anticipation of the rest, and the earlier pieces support those that follow, all set according to your plan.

it is hard to generalize for all applications but house building is a great model of big works achievable in pieces.

I was lucky to witness large scale construction projects (age 24) and was later able to schedule them myself (26).

the fastest I ever built a house was 14 working days for a 4 bedroom single family 2 story brick house with a garage and a fireplace.

After planning, it involved a lot of negotiation,. This was before computers were used for communication and scheduling, and the trades people and suppliers had to cooperate.

Anyway, big works are possible in pieces scheduled together with common purpose.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: Is hesitation the crux of procrastination? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26865869 - 08/06/20 06:30 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I mean a piecemeal approach kinda seems okay, not sure I really understood it before, I have leant towards the determination till completion in a certain task, knowing I wouldn't complete it in one sitting and I kinda hung there for a while.

A bit of foresight or planning and tackling one step at a time was okay to think about.

But this line from the pomodori struck some kinda accord with me, "work with the time they have—rather than against it".

I think I work more with the time I have at work, and against it at home, oddly enough.

But it's nice to hear that and expand my awareness on it in a way. :sun:

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26866499 - 08/06/20 01:26 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:

I was lucky to witness large scale construction projects (age 24) and was later able to schedule them myself (26).

the fastest I ever built a house was 14 working days for a 4 bedroom single family 2 story brick house with a garage and a fireplace.

After planning, it involved a lot of negotiation,. This was before computers were used for communication and scheduling, and the trades people and suppliers had to cooperate.

"14 working days" wow, and brick, wow. Hard to believe, even a big crew would seem to have trouble keeping out of each other's way. Amazing.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Is hesitation the crux of procrastination? [Re: laughingdog]
    #26866731 - 08/06/20 03:43 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

also it was in the middle of a larger project (usually makes things easier to schedule) yet it was also during a city wide bricklayer strike - some subterfuge there - had to smuggle non-union bricklayers past a picket.
and, I started before permit was issued (city said my father in law was dumping on parkland so my permit was held up) because it was sold and closing the same month - and I did not want to send the purchaser to a hotel.
I showed the footing inspector a different permit card for this one, and it passed.
subterfuge but no bribery

--------------------

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#26867857 - 08/07/20 08:23 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

My expectations are like a zig zaggy black cloud with tall sharp points, and reality more often than not is like a blue butterfly, loping by on the wind.

My expectations =><= Reality

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Is hesitation the crux of procrastination? [Re: sudly]
    #26867917 - 08/07/20 08:55 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

reminds me of the insect's brain

--------------------

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26869040 - 08/07/20 08:07 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
also it was in the middle of a larger project (usually makes things easier to schedule) yet it was also during a city wide bricklayer strike - some subterfuge there - had to smuggle non-union bricklayers past a picket.
and, I started before permit was issued (city said my father in law was dumping on parkland so my permit was held up) because it was sold and closing the same month - and I did not want to send the purchaser to a hotel.
I showed the footing inspector a different permit card for this one, and it passed.
subterfuge but no bribery

Good old days

navigating a cluster fuck

like greased lightning

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Is hesitation the crux of procrastination? [Re: laughingdog]
    #26869564 - 08/08/20 06:27 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

exactly, harder to do these days with facial recog and surveillance, and cell phones.

but scheduling should be easier.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale