Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The right time to harvest [Re: Vylie]
    #26850093 - 07/28/20 02:59 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Vylie said:
Quote:

laughingdog said:
When someone walks away from us they aren't really getting smaller, etc.

How do you know that?If, for example, you are living in a simulation ....

Well in your case your brain would get smaller, if it were possible for it to get any smaller.

Supposing its all a simulation changes nothing. If nothing is separate or real, again nothing really shrinks, (same as 'objects' in dreams) and further more if all is one there is no outside reference point from which to make absolute measurements.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: The right time to harvest [Re: laughingdog]
    #26850104 - 07/28/20 03:05 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I’ve been caught red handed

:futuramamario:

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
Re: The right time to harvest [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26850180 - 07/28/20 03:54 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by Vylie (02/11/21 02:14 PM)

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #26850191 - 07/28/20 03:58 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Wait 100,000 more years or so.

Of course, we already have the technology to fight off an alien invasion, so uh... Depending on the type of harvesting we're talking about, I guess it's already too late.

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26850214 - 07/28/20 04:20 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26850250 - 07/28/20 04:45 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

you are right
i should be content with my stupidity
and flaunt it
then no one will feel threatened

Lets see, 7 out of 10 science fiction movies say its time for us to be harvested,
so it must be true.

And John Lilly talked to the aliens,
so we need have no doubts.

But who wouldn't mind a little more mental power?
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be for sale.

Some say micro-dosing helps,
but who knows?
Then again we may get harvested first.

Edited by laughingdog (07/28/20 05:04 PM)

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26850990 - 07/29/20 12:46 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

#26850992 - 07/29/20 12:48 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

you took what happened in a psychedelic trip literally?

Why?  I hope you don’t also take your dreams literally.  If so - It would seem you’ve missed the point and are off to the races. Beware of  Fixating on something that is actually nothing - or symbolic for something in your day to day conscious life - at best.

Why would you jump the shark like that?

Maybe I misunderstood the later part of your post - if so just ignore this and I will too.

Anyways, just because perception isn’t always 100% reliable doesn’t mean it isn’t reliable at all - more so than that, we can compensate to correct for misperceptions -  that’s the good news.  If you believe otherwise you’ve just dug yourself into a solipsistic hell that I can’t say I’m envious of, lol.

--------------------

Edited by The Blind Ass (07/29/20 01:00 AM)

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26851009 - 07/29/20 12:58 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

#26851012 - 07/29/20 01:00 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I know the nature of dreams and psychedelic trips - not what the imagery of your dream or hallucinations  content represents or means to you specifically .  Good luck to you!  Beware of delusion.

--------------------

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26851017 - 07/29/20 01:09 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26851019 - 07/29/20 01:11 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

#26851024 - 07/29/20 01:18 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Good night. 😘

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26851510 - 07/29/20 10:23 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I liked those descriptions for your ISO-885937 project.
hahahaha!

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26857218 - 08/01/20 12:26 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26857288 - 08/01/20 01:20 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

mental objects include:
sensations
perceptions
extended associative memories
progressions
language
ideas
attitudes
personality constructs and learned routines, etc.

you can call all of it IDEAS.

buddhism - in abhidhamma, refers to all of them as mental objects, and , regardless of the extent of each (i.e. how many brain cells are actuvated during the mental object's brief presence in the mind/brain) they are all equal, made of groups of related neurons firing in a particular complexity that matches the aggregate of sensation and memory involved.

to be more clear, a particular combination of sensations, combine in an experience and will be linked in memory associatively with other memories that correspond very closely. and they will be linked in memory to experiences preceding and following in time.

we can observe --- the mind can observe, the appearance and fading away of mental objects. One linked to the next and the next and the next.

what is called the ego, what we become defensive about, is not a single thing but many things (ideas), each of which we associate with some defensive habits (ideas). However if you wish you could say that the ego is all of your defenses.

but that is a do thing not a what thing.

there is no single area of the brain that houses the what of defensive behavior, if there were then you could say the ego is here.
many crackpot scientists will rush to the amygdala and declare that this almond shaped mass of neurons is the ego because of all the emotional connectivity. That is a fallacy. emotional connectivity is not the same as defensive behavior. behavior of this type is learned, but it is so common, that we all have at least some ego. some invested automatic defenses. Sometimes it is a life saving thing, so we should not demonize defenses, while we also need relief from the froth that defensiveness makes constraining our life.

letting go after a great series of yoga and meditation sessions - or letting go on mushrooms or whatever may lead to an ego-loss experience with no defensive behavior for  a while, and it is truly delicious.

ego is not a distorted perception. it is a distorted sense of self importance, making excuses for defensive habits.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Female
    #26857320 - 08/01/20 01:52 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#26857439 - 08/01/20 03:23 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

You could use them as food or you could use their collective consciousness like a computer.

An alien species that could come here would already be producing the most ideal food for themselves. They would also have computers that dwarf humanity. No guarantees but the idea they would need or want to harvest us is the more romantic idea.

Quote:

It doesn’t change the fact the special relativity cannot be applied to them. The theory is based on a hypothesis about light. If it cannot be applied to light, then what can it be applied to?

The constant speed of the light is a hypothesis.

Hmm. I though special relativity could be applied to anything that was moving. At any rate, utility is the main purpose of theories. There is also the philosophical side, and while it's subjective science does play a part in shaping the way people think about the world.

Quote:

If it expands at the same speed, it violates that law due to the potential energy. It is working against gravity. It should slow down just like you slow down after you jump. If you exceed the escape velocity, you will still slow down.

If it expands at an increasing speed, it also violates that law due to the increasing kinetic energy of the objects.

I would say it appears to violate known laws. There are various candidates to explain this phenomena, or perhaps it's some un thought of reason. More testing and discovery is necessary. Either the laws are wrong or there are unseen effects that can explain within the context of scientific law.

Quote:

So, if the parts didn’t move compared to each other, then why is there a redshift?

Objects in the observable universe do move relative to one another, but not at the speed of light. The relationships must be less than the speed of light in order to observe a redshift, but with enough distance the relative movement could exceed the speed of light in which case that light will never reach us. I assume we don't have the full gradient because the universe is only 13.8 billion years old. At the perimeter we should occasionally see new/old stars coming to light.

Quote:

Do you have an example of a language getting more complex?

I would compare it to programming languages which are ultimately compiled into machine language. Words and usage seem like things which must evolve through practice even though there is/was a platform which is both more static and more complex.

Quote:

It’s interesting but it doesn’t explain why would a Buddhist teach others to Buddhism if there are no selves or "others".

Because the illusion of self causes suffering and the objective of Buddhism is liberation from suffering.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free."
~Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#26857497 - 08/01/20 04:02 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Vylie said:
Hello Rahz, The Blind Ass, laughingdog,

when I was thinking about what you wrote, a question arose.

If the self is an idea or a result of distorted perception in Buddhism, then does Buddhism say or suggest that there is only one consciousness?

I’ve never heard that Buddhism said that but if the self isn’t real then there aren’t many other options.

I think in Buddhism consciousness is considered a formation, but also an impersonal one so it could be fair to say there is only one consciousness, though at risk of a mystical misunderstanding. Maybe more correct to say simply that the only attribute of consciousness is that which it is called.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free."
~Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The right time to harvest [Re: Rahz]
    #26857505 - 08/01/20 04:10 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:

Quote:

It’s interesting but it doesn’t explain why would a Buddhist teach others to Buddhism if there are no selves or "others".

Because the illusion of self causes suffering and the objective of Buddhism is liberation from suffering.

I agree, Vylie , it is contradictory. It is like telling other characters in a dream, that it is all a dream. Except in this case waking up means disappearing. And as everything in a dream is in a sense already oneself (one's own fantasy) simply realizing its a dream should relieve the necessity of taking any action.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract